PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four Question

Jek Porky 2002
02-03-2006, 04:25 AM
This is a question I have been meaning to ask fo a long time but never got round to it!

Now, as much as I love the movies, I'm no great expert on Marvel Comic books, so go easy on me if I'm barking up the wrong tree here!!

Is the villian in the Fantastic 4 movie (Victor von Doom) the Silver Surfer? I remember the charactor from the 1990s animated Marvel Action Hour cartoons, I remember he used to go round talking to himself, just like von Doom does in the movie in a simalar tone of voice, is that who he is supposed to be?

Which brings me to my next question, will there be a sequal of the F4? I know it sounds silly, but what will they call it? Fantastic 4 2 just sounds and looks odd! Are there any plans, for any new Marvel adaptations for that matter? The only one I can think of is Iron Man, are there any others I have not thought of?

Wooh, sorry, I started off as 1 question and ended upas about 50!

mabudonicus
02-03-2006, 07:04 AM
Victor von Doom and Norrin Radd are two completely different "people"
Thus Surfer is from another planet, tho he sorta started out as a "villain" in the FF due to his being a herald of Galactus (sent to earth to warn the inhabitants that his master was coming to destroy it)

There's likely be a new film and I would expect it to just have a subtitle, like FF- The coming of Galactus (it had BETTER be called that dammit)

Other MArvel flims, well, Ghostrider was being made/finished, I was pretty sure there was an Iron Fist film coming down the pipe...

Someone else likely knows lots more!!
(PS I kept MY "review" of the FF film out of here, didn't wanna stink up yer thread) :beard:

Kidhuman
02-03-2006, 08:22 AM
Maybe the Thing will leave in the sequel and She-Hulk will join...who knows.

El Chuxter
02-03-2006, 09:44 AM
I'd heard everyone would be back except Jessica Alba.

And my vote for the villain: John Ratzenberger as Mole Man!!

dr_evazan22
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
Will they replace the Invisible Girl with H.E.R.B.I.E.? Why sign up if your not going to do the sequel?

Rocketboy
02-03-2006, 11:36 AM
The FF sequel starts filming this summer (I think) and everyone will be back (I think again).

Other Marvel movies in development:

X-Men 3 - May
Spider-Man 3 - next Summer
Ghost Rider - with Nicolas Cage (seriously) - early next year
Hulk 2 - development
Punisher 2 - may start filming this summer
Blade - a TV series has just been picked up by Spike TV
Wolverine - being written
Magneto - also being written

darthvyn
02-03-2006, 11:43 AM
she might not've been invited back...

i'm sure when the sequel comes out it will be known as FF2 since it's the coolest thing every since terminator 2 came out to abbreviate the name of a sequel with just initials and a number. so far, though Spidey has doged that bullet... the x-men have not - witness X2, X3 and so forth. maybe they're building up to X-23, although there's now a conflict with this name: will it feature X-23 the machine man, or X-23 "Nyx," wolverine's cousin or whatever...

anyway, the galactus story would be awesome. they could even have a spin-off silver surfer movie, possibly. i'm not too up on the classic silver surfer comics, but from what i've heard they were really great.

right now they're building up to "ultimate extinction" in the ultimates universe - this is ultimate galactus (spelled Gah Lak Tus, apparently to make the name more believable?) so they could be gearing up for this in the movie as well...

here's some info on the Silver Surfer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Surfer)

Rocketboy
02-03-2006, 11:51 AM
she might not've been invited back... Apparently she has. (http://www.superherohype.com/news/fantasticfournews.php?id=3669)

Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba, Chris Evans and Michael Chiklis are expected to reprise their roles, as they originally signed deals extending through a planned trilogy.

Rogue II
02-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Thus Surfer is from another planet, tho he sorta started out as a "villain" in the FF due to his being a herald of Galactus (sent to earth to warn the inhabitants that his master was coming to destroy it)

Aren't all heralds villians?

Lord Malakite
02-03-2006, 03:47 PM
What makes Silver Surfer a hero as opposed to a villain for being Galactus' herald is that he interacted with the people he met and saw Galactus as being wrong for what he was doing. Silver Surfer then turncoat and actually tried to stop Galactus.

Rocketboy
02-03-2006, 10:38 PM
Speaking of FF2, this (http://www.elitecastingnetwork.com/casting_notices/notice.php?id=42161&cat=1&state=&range=&search_start=0&onpage=25) popped up online today, but remains to be verified.

Fantastic Four 2
Producer: Avi Arad, Stan Lee

Start Date June 2006
Year of Release: 2007

"DO NOT REPOST IN FORUMS"

Casting is now in process we are looking for many different "TYPES" if you are interested in Auditioning please contact productionfor more instructions on how to submit your headshot and resume

The Fantastic Four will battle Silver Surfer and his planet-eating master Galactus.

jjreason
02-04-2006, 11:19 AM
That's great news. Doing anything else, storywise, would be a discredit to one of the greatest story arcs of the Marvel Silver Age. Between this news, and the revelation of Gwen Stacy being featured in Spidey 3 - I'm in comic-geek movie heaven!

El Chuxter
02-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Um, you weren't supposed to repost that in forums. :mad:

Rocketboy
02-04-2006, 05:51 PM
Hopefully I won't get
DOOMED!

Beast
02-06-2006, 02:37 AM
Damn, I was really hoping they'd go with the original plans for FF 2, which would have featured Mole Man and Puppet Master. And then they could have ended FF 2 with a tease for the 3rd movie, with Silver Surfer arriving and warning of the coming of Galactus. Hopefully they use the designs for Ultimate Galactus, a giant purple guy with a dance belt just isn't scary anymore. . :)

Jayspawn
02-09-2006, 11:39 AM
Word is that the original cast Chiklis, Alba, Evans and Gruffud will be returning (Good!) but that Julian McMahon will NOT be returning to play doom. At present there isnt a reason, but you wont see his face anyways, so I suppose they can get buy on that.

I think it would be nice to have a different bad guy and have Doom reappear later. Doesnt matter anyways, I'll still go see it. I hope they use the same uniforms -those were sweet!

darthvyn
02-10-2006, 12:40 AM
a giant purple guy with a dance belt just isn't scary anymore. . :)

no, but zombie galactus will be, purple dance belt and all...

Beast
02-10-2006, 01:31 AM
no, but zombie galactus will be, purple dance belt and all...
Someone is reading Marvel Zombies, arn't they. ;) :D

darthvyn
02-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Someone is reading Marvel Zombies, arn't they. ;) :D

hell's yeah! kirkman is awesome!

Beast
02-12-2006, 07:16 PM
hell's yeah! kirkman is awesome!
True that, my friend. Reading his Ultimate X-Men run also? :)

2-1B
02-13-2006, 02:34 AM
I don't know about having a planet eating guy in a movie, it just sounds odd, even for a comic book movie.

Jessica Alba should do a spinoff called Fantastic Two.

El Chuxter
02-13-2006, 09:51 AM
There's a chance Rodimus Prime might cameo, though. He loves kicking planet-eating butt.

darthvyn
02-13-2006, 11:54 AM
True that, my friend. Reading his Ultimate X-Men run also? :)

nah, i didn't go in for "ultimate marvel" except for "the ultimates" and some of the cross-overs (actually, that's a lie, i forgot about ultimate FF and ultimate iron man...) but i'm reading "the walking dead" and "invincible" - i even picked up his "marvel team-up" with spidey and invincible. that was kinda funny...

chux! you spoiled the ending of FF2 without even knowing it! reed is looking around for the ultimate nulifier, and rodimus shows up with the autobot matrix, lights their darkest hour, and jessica alba falls in love with him. he transforms to car mode, she hops in, and they take off. the end.