PDA

View Full Version : CE or Scaled?

Maxu3x
02-03-2006, 04:59 PM
What do you guys think about the new CE line? I saw the Qui Gonn saber and I have to say that I prefer the scaled replicas. I would rather have a high quality material scaled then a plastic hasbro look-a-like saber toy any day. Sounds a little harsh. I know

nash
02-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Although im not a fan of the CE sabers, they definitely are not cheap plastic sabers.

From what I gather they will be constructed mainly of resin, which is pretty different from normal plastic.

LE full sizes all the way for me.

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 07:52 PM
Resin is a good material to use in place of metal, it can be painted to give off the same sheen, it carries a fair weight to it, and it doesn't have a translucent depth the way some plastics look (the ones Hasbro uses for their Role Play sabers for example).

Sith Lord 0498
02-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I like the look of the CE sabers and especially the display stands, but I'll be sticking with the scaled replicas. $199 is still a bit too high for me--mostly because MR makes adequete-looking full scale hilts for their Force FX and they sell for $120. Take off the blade and electronics, and I'd expects these new CE sabers to be $75-100. However, it could be that their quality is in between Force FX and LE, thereby warranting the price.

Still, I think I'll only buy the CE version of Darth Vader ROTJ when released.

Jayspawn
02-04-2006, 12:11 AM
They look good and its a good deal for what you get. But I'll be passing on them. I prefer the Limited Editions myself.

JediTricks
02-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Hopefully the $200 rumor isn't accurate, that price is just not low enough.

Jayspawn
02-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah from what I'm reading on the materials -it should cost less. I'll bet the secondary market will be much lower though.