PDA

View Full Version : The Phantom Menace Sabers

Maxu3x
02-03-2006, 05:24 PM
It seems to me that all the phantom menace sabers look very similar. they all have similar shapes with red buttons etc... Which one from episode 1 is evrybodies favorite? My favorite is maul.

nash
02-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Obi TPM no doubt

JediTricks
02-03-2006, 08:11 PM
Obi-Wan's, definitely. Rubies did a really good version of it for the foreign market (the US version was totally different) and I even tried to make a metal version of it for myself, but it never came to pass.

Jayspawn
02-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Obi-Wan's is my favorite TPM lightsaber.

Obi-Wan's lightsaber in TPM is similar in design to Qui-Gon's as padawans traditionally build their lightsaber to resemble their master's weapons.

JediTricks
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Obi-Wan's lightsaber in TPM is similar in design to Qui-Gon's as padawans traditionally build their lightsaber to resemble their master's weapons.Um, what? Obi-Wan's saber is nothing like Qui-Gon's that I can see, what are the similarities you see?

Jayspawn
02-05-2006, 11:53 PM
They're similar in color, shapes and design. They're built diffrently but carry the Master/Padawan look.

JediTricks
02-06-2006, 01:38 AM
All lightsabers are fairly similar in color: silver, black. How are the 2 sabers similar in shape though? I'm not seeing it at all. They have vastly different pommels, Obi-Wan's has that column near the top of black rings held back by posts where there are no posts on Qui-Gon's, Qui-Gon's has the middle the thick angled coins thing surrounded by the smallish barrel cover while Obi-Wan's has the mostly-metal barrel with the smaller cutaway revealing the vent-like shapes, it's totally different. And in designs, the only similarities I can think of are the kovertec belt disc and the red activation button, both of which nearly every Ep 1 saber shared.

megaprime33
02-17-2006, 07:53 AM
It's hard for me to say which one is my favorite, but if I really had to choose then I'd go with Battle Damaged Maul. Although I don't actually own it yet, I just love the scarring on it and the red crystal.

Jayspawn
02-17-2006, 12:25 PM
Yeah Obi-Wan really walloped Darth Maul a good one!

Tycho
02-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Obi-Wan's TPM saber rocked! With the pummel on the end - it's Hammer Time!

nash
02-23-2006, 03:11 PM
The battle damaged maul is an awesome piece, the battle damage is indeed pretty cool. But it is also pretty subtle. Looks as if it was dropped and dragged a few times, but nothing to drastic.

Tycho
02-23-2006, 03:56 PM
Do you have it already? Or are you talking from the pics you've seen? Or are you talking about the Prop Replicas or scaled versions, not the FX that just went on sale today for the general public?

nash
02-23-2006, 04:59 PM
no, i have the Darth Maul battle damaged LE full size.

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 05:51 PM
Congratulations on having one nash! Those are not easy to get!

I have one on my Wish List.

Tycho
02-23-2006, 08:43 PM
That's cool, Nash. There's a lot of things like that which I'd collect if I felt I had the deep pockets or didn't have split priorities like ArtAsylum Star Trek on top of my (typically Hasbro) Star Wars interests. The full sized prop replica sabers are NICE!!!