PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council Set

Lman316
01-22-2002, 03:26 PM
What I would like to see (and I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me because it involves resculpts) would be a set of the entire Jedi Council, all with chairs and all with the correct articulation so they can sit down. But also have enough articulation to put in any other pose you want, when they're not sitting.
If Hasbro could do this, collectors would finally get the other remaining Jedi from the council, and the others that we do have could finally sit down.
I just always thought this set (or a couple of smaller sets) would be really cool...

stillakid
01-22-2002, 05:44 PM
That request made total sense. Knock it off. :D

sith_killer_99
01-22-2002, 09:33 PM
Yeah, what are you trying to do? Give Hasbro good ideas?:p

JediCole
01-22-2002, 10:29 PM
I would have to agree with this thought. Why? I suggested as much back in the days of the Old Forums. My recommendation was this (reduced from the original, more lengthy version):

Four sets of three figures each, with not only chairs, but a 1/4 circular base with the floor design of the Council Chamber. Each floor section would connect easily to the others, allowing the full floor, and would be designed to be hung on a wall (if desired, for space constraints). The chairs can be used with or without the floor base. The mix of figures would be such that you don't wind up with a shelf warmer set featuring the bland Depa Bilaba (this would be done by including her with favorites like Yoda and/or Mace Windu.

At any rate, resculpts not withstanding, I would love to see such a set (or group of sets) made.

For those who were not around for the Old Forums, the circular base idea allowed Hasbro to use essentially the same base (with a different paint scheme) for my other recommended Dejerak Chess Set. The figures for this set would be to scale with the 3.75" figures, allowing them to be used in conjunction with the existing line, but also make them big enough to make a nice prop piece. I would prefer that they NOT be cast in translucent plastic, due in no small part to the limitations built in to such plastics. Rather, just make them like the other figures with accurate paint schemes. I think those interested as I am in such a set would prefer this to some half-hearted (self-censored thought there) attempt to make them "see through". Like the above, these figures would come in boxed sets with 1/4 of the chess board.

Lman316
01-22-2002, 10:43 PM
That's basically what I was thinking too. However, I didn't want to mention how they should be released (as you said 4 sets of three figures each) because I forgot the exact number in the council. I like the idea about the floor - I had never thought about that before.
And I forgot to mention (and this really goes without saying) that these figures should have CLOTH robes. I have nothing against molded plastic on some figures, but this would obviously call for cloth.

LTBasker
01-22-2002, 11:00 PM
The several sets thing is a good idea, and that would make it so the floor could be thick enough to actually play with instead of some cardboard or think plastic. What would be really cool is if on the floor the council chairs would have indentions that they could "rest" in so they wouldn't move around alot and the Jedi Council figures could all have hilts with removable blades, robes done in the same material as POTJ Lando's cape (The other soft goods materials that have been used are kinda eh) and all the humanoids would need this extra articulation: knee joint, ankle joint (so we wouldn't have to worry about the feet getting in the way), shoulder joints like the CTC Stormy, elbow joint, swivel joint just above the elbow and swivel joint at the wrist so we could get them in a sitting posistion and their arms could be in various posistions so it wouldn't look like they were all mimicking each other. :D Yoda and Yaddle though could be done sorta like E1 Yoda except with seperate legs instead of the uni-leg crud. :D

ACPin
01-24-2002, 09:05 PM
You really want Hasbro to do what Joe did?

Jedi High Council (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=26347&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5)

Btw, he's the same guy who's done the E2 customs on the latest issue of Toyfare.

SithDroid
01-24-2002, 09:34 PM
He's the guy that needs to be hired by Hasbro that I was talking about in another thread. His EP II figures look awesome and so does this Jedi Council. Come on Hasbro give him a job and perhaps we'll start seeing some really cool figures.

Jayspawn
01-25-2002, 02:41 PM
It would make too much sence for Hasbro to make a Jedi Council. After all, Hasbro knows exactly what collectors want (HA!).

GNT
01-25-2002, 09:42 PM
It'll never happen and if it does it wont be any time soon, but we can keep dreaming :)

PloKoon2385
01-26-2002, 08:32 PM
It'll happen because I am going to become rich and buy Hasbro and start to make good stuff.....:crazed: or not...... In all seriousness now, I completely and fully agree. I have DREAMED of that to happen and I think that if we all boycott Hasbro and demand it then it'll happen.:rolleyes: Or not....... but in even more all seriousness, I think that someday maybe after Episode II or III, Hasbro will wisen up and maybe, just maybe we may see that.......that would be awesome!

Obi-Don
01-27-2002, 05:57 AM
ACPin, this guy is GOOD! I wish I had just a 1/4 of his skill. I always wanted the Jedi council like he has done. I love it.

Does he give any instructions on how he made it?

ACPin
01-28-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Obi-Don
ACPin, this guy is GOOD! I wish I had just a 1/4 of his skill. I always wanted the Jedi council like he has done. I love it.

Does he give any instructions on how he made it?
Don't we all want to have talent like his! :D Unfortunately his dios didn't get much attention coz it was posted on the dreadful day of Sept 11, 2001.

Joe Amaro's news post on 9/11/01 (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=29&show_article=18)

Lman316
01-29-2002, 10:22 AM
That custom set looks really good; it's definitely something I could never do. The only thing is, it looks like most of those Jedi are posed in one position, where as I would like the Jedi in a Hasbro Council Set to be highly articulated and able to stand in any position when the figures are not sitting.
If everyone keeps praising the custom one, Hasbro might think that we still want statue type figures....
But again, I'm not taking anything away from the custom set - it does look really great. I would just want the Hasbro one to have neutral poses for the figures....

stillakid
01-29-2002, 10:33 AM
They make the figures anyway, so it wouldn't take a huge leap of design to articulate the legs and give everybody cloth robes. Include the chair in the package and poof! Instant scene.

Darth Evil
01-29-2002, 01:27 PM
It'd also be nice if each Council member had a lightsaber with removable blade that could be put on their belt.

stillakid
01-29-2002, 01:31 PM
Do they all get Romper Room mirrors or just Mace?

evenflow
01-29-2002, 05:38 PM
I woul dlove to see this done. HAsbro if your listening, do this. Lightsabers are a must. It can be an ultimate cinema scene.

.....It woul dbe nice if there was another set in the case it would ship in, ROTJ Jabba. I know, wishful thinking. :(

Lman316
01-29-2002, 07:42 PM
Yeah, I like the lightsabers with removable blades. I've seen Eeth Koth's and that one is cool. I also noticed that the hilt can attach to his belt, which is also a nice feature. It really wasn't something I was asking for in this (imaginary, hopefully a reality) set, but I sure wouldn't mind it :D

Rollo Tomassi
03-21-2002, 04:23 PM
I think the hopes of getting an Episode 1 Jedi Council dwindle with each approching day to May 16th. But I still want Yareal Poof!

Hasbro's into big picture window style display boxes so the three Jedi's per box Deluxe Cinema scene would rule if you gave them bendy knees and soft goods robes.

While I'm delusional, maybe Hasbro could make a Sail Barge and pay off all my school loans! :crazed: