PDA

View Full Version : What main characters do you want from Sideshow?

Tycho
02-03-2006, 10:58 PM
For me, what I'd buy is finite:

Han Solo - Bespin, Carbonite, that's it.

Luke - medical robes maybe. That's it.

Princess Leia - Bespin dress, Endor battle gear. That's it.

Chewie - it really depends on how good this was done. Probably not though.

R2 - yeah. Maybe. Especially one that launches Luke's ROTJ lightsaber!

C-3PO - not really

Obi-Wan Kenobi - gotta include prequels here...I bought the E3 version (perfect!) and I want 1 more of the E3's if possible. I don't really need any others.

Darth Vader / Anakin Skywalker - I regret not getting the E3 figure. I'm going to try and get that. I don't need others but would buy the end of TPM padawan Skywalker from the Theed Ceremony if they made that. I don't need Vader.

Lando Calrissian - ROTJ General Lando to be sure! This is the Lando I want made. NOW.

Boba Fett - no.

Palpatine - red "duel with Mace Windu" outfit, Senator outfit from TPM. Definitely these two.

Qui-Gon - no.

Padme Amidala -too many to list. I'd buy all the Padme figures they could make except ones that Hasbro already did (mostly from TPM).

JarJar - no!

Darth Maul - no!

Battle Droids - A Destroyer Droid for sure!

Jango Fett - no.

Count Dooku - no.

Nute Gunray - yes - with multiple hats, or if not, from TPM.

General Grievous - no.

I'm sure I skipped some ideas. But that's sort of where my interest lies right now, aside from "b-characters."

Turbowars
02-03-2006, 11:28 PM
I'd wait for SS Vader Tycho. The EP3 pack is crap.

I want all the main characters, but for some reason I really want a Maul. A Boushh Leia and Chewy would be killer.

Darth Cruel
02-04-2006, 07:57 AM
On one of the earlier podcasts, Tom Gilliland said they are looking in to doing accessory packs (not doing them, just looking in to it). I would personally not mind seeing 3 Luke skywalkers if it was one from each movie and them adding accessory packs for different scenes. And if the accessory packs could include interchangeable heads, then one would be enough. I think a X-Wing Pilot uniform would be incredible judging by the way costumes appear to be done by Sideshow. And Boba Fett, costume would be incredibly cool done with the detail Sideshow does.

We definitely need a Sideshow Jabba! I don't care how many hundreds of dollars it would cost.

humsup
02-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I will really love to see some troopers made - stormtroopers that is. Just want to know until what level of detail / accuracy can SS made a trooper... the more decent ones these days ie Marmit, Medicom and even the 1/7 scale Kotobukiya are a tad too expensive for me to build a 6th scale trooper army :p

maatu
02-04-2006, 09:38 AM
i would like to see chewbacca, darth maul. endor biker scout. maybe a storm trooper. i collect the smaller figures like most of everybody else. i am kind of sick already of all the different clone troopers. i hope sideshow toys does not follow hasro and make 15 different figures of the same piece because of different color's or markings. But i look forward to all of the supprises. han solo bespin looks alsome.:thumbsup:

Battle Droid
02-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Nute Gunray
Rune Haako
Battle Droids
Super Battle Droid
Destroyer Droid
IG-100 Magna Guard
General Grievous

Darth Instigator
02-04-2006, 05:37 PM
what is sideshow? And how can I get a Darth Maul? THanks

humsup
02-04-2006, 06:51 PM
what is sideshow? And how can I get a Darth Maul? THanks

Sideshow is a toy manufacturer just like Hasbro. You can visit their site here (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=0)
At the moment, Darth Maul is not mentioned for produce yet. Here are what they have announced :

1. Luke Jedi
2. Anakin EPIII
3. Kit Fisto
4. Obi Wan Kenobi EPIII
5. Han Solo - ESB Mynock Hunt ver

Darth Instigator
02-04-2006, 07:09 PM
ok thanks then I will keep watching here

1st Prime
02-08-2006, 07:25 AM
I have to be selfish and go w/Vader from ESB. I hope SSC will release this figure sometime this year.:twisted:

JediTricks
02-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Of the ones not yet announced:

Luke - Snowspeeder Pilot (X-wing pilot outfit too but they're so similar maybe it could be the same figure), Bespin Luke (w/ Dagobah undershirt underneath, again 2 birds, 1 stone).
Han - ANH Han (with gunner gloves too!), Endor Han, Han Carbonite.
Leia - ANH Leia, Bespin Leia (action outfit, not dress, plus why not throw in an extra head, vest, and gloved hands to make Hoth Leia?), Boushh Leia, Endor Leia.
Obi-Wan - ANH Obi-Wan for sure. I don't need any other besides this and ROTS version.
Chewie - Sure, any of the OT versions so long as it's good.
R2-D2 - Absolutely, and more gimmicks please!
C-3PO - Yes, and more articulation please!
Darth Vader - ESB or ROTJ version, must have!!!
Anakin Skywalker - none for me, maybe I'd be tempted by an AOTC one but I doubt it.
Lando Calrissian - ROTJ General is good, Bespin is good, Skiff Guard I'm somewhat shaky on though.
Tarkin - I doubt it, but not impossible.
Imperial Troopers - Stormtrooper is a must, Biker Scout & Snowtrooper would be nice but not totally necessary, Sandtrooper and prequel troopers no thanks.
Boba Fett - If they can do a really amazing super awesome job, probably, but not for a while.
Jango Fett - Yeah, I missed the Hasbro one.
Palpatine - ROTJ Emperor, definitely.
Qui-Gon - not at this time, maybe in '09 for the 10th anniversary.
Padme - Maybe the AOTC Arena version, Hasbro's was horrible.
Maul - Hasbro actually did OK here, no need.
Jar Jar - NOOOOO!!!!!
Prequel battle droids - Battle Droid, Super Battle Droid, and Droideka, yes.
Count Dooku - nah.
Grievous - maybe if it was super awesome.
Nute Gunray - nope. My top 5 requests from that list would be the either of the 2 Lukes, Leia ANH and Boushh, Stormtrooper, and Vader ESB.

Sith Lord 0498
02-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Darth Vader (ROTJ) w/ three piece removable helmet
Darth Sidious (Mace Windu duel) w/ alternate Palpatine head
Darth Maul
Darth Tyranus

General Grievous w/ cape and separating arms

Jango Fett w/ removable helmet and both rocketpacks
Boba Fett w/ removable helmet
Clonetrooper (501st Legion) w/ removable helmet

Padme Amidala w/ Tatooine Homestead outfit
Princess Leia w/ Bespin Gown

Darth Cruel
02-22-2006, 07:34 AM
i would like to see chewbacca, darth maul. endor biker scout. maybe a storm trooper. i collect the smaller figures like most of everybody else. i am kind of sick already of all the different clone troopers. i hope sideshow toys does not follow hasro and make 15 different figures of the same piece because of different color's or markings. But i look forward to all of the supprises. han solo bespin looks alsome.:thumbsup:

I would like to see every one of the re-paints of the troopers. But not until each different one is done. And I would like to see one of Gree's Kashyyk troopers done first. Pretty much a Scout trooper with a (slightly) camoflaged paint deco.