PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Darth Cruel
02-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Or does anybody else get the urge to run to Target and buy Star Wars figures after seeing this scene in "A New Hope"?

Devo
02-04-2006, 09:41 AM
Actually theres something else I get the urge to do when I see Leia on screen. ;)

Any scene in any film really, makes me want to buy figures. Chances are if I'm watching the films I'm already in a buzz mood for the figures. Oftentimes its the figures that put me in the mood for the films. If I were to pick a scene though it'd be the part in ESB when Han arrives back at Echo Base on his tauntaun.

bobafrett
02-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Was there even a Target in 1977? Probably up in Minnesota, but here in Illinois, I didn't start seeing them until much later. Still I can see the "Target" symbol just above Artoo.

decadentdave
02-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Attention Target Team Members>>>>Astromech Needed At Guest Services>>>> Who Is Responding?

Turbowars
02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Was there even a Target in 1977? Probably up in Minnesota, but here in Illinois, I didn't start seeing them until much later. Still I can see the "Target" symbol just above Artoo.When I was a kid Target bought out Gemco.

Anyways, no that frame does not make me want to buy figures. I does however make me mad that Hasbro hasn't made a Leia that can bend over like that. Easy Devo...............:whip:

decadentdave
02-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I want my Target Exclusive Cart Wrangler Artoo!

lukesky27
02-05-2006, 08:08 AM
Was there even a Target in 1977? Probably up in Minnesota, but here in Illinois, I didn't start seeing them until much later. Still I can see the "Target" symbol just above Artoo.

Here, Target bought out Ayre Way in the LATE 70's, early 80's it seems. My grandmother worked for Ayre Way during the time. I just remember they were all green and Target bought them and everything turned RED.

D

Bobby Fett
02-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Just got back from buying all the action figures at Target. I don't know what came over me. Anything happen while I was gone?

Val Da Car
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
I do feel sad when I leave Target without buying any new SW figures...but that is a whole other discussion.

TheDarthVader
02-06-2006, 09:47 PM
I feel you, VDC. I have been to target several times to try and find more snowtroopers, a power droid, and a vader but, alas, all of my trips have been in vain.

B.
TDV

Val Da Car
02-06-2006, 09:53 PM
DUDE!!!

I just passed up 3 Snowtroopers..

If you are really jonzin for em let me know.....A buddy of mine will be looking at them tonight..