PDA

View Full Version : Battle Packs are taking over!

Bobby Fett
02-04-2006, 01:48 PM
For the last month and a half the local Wally World has been putting out two cases of action figures once or twice a week. Within three days the pegs are usually empty. No slow moving inventory here!

During the same period, Battle Packs have clogged the pegs - all of them the Utapau wave.

So what does Wally World do? The only logical solution: they have reduced the action figures to one peg (8 figures) and given the rest of the pegs to Battle Packs!

I now have to look a seven pegs worth of Battle Packs and one of action figures. They can't even put a full case of figures out at one time.

Anyone else seeing this?

Shadow Knight
02-04-2006, 03:39 PM
Definitely seeing the same in my area, same battlepacks, no figures. Even sadder is the fact that the two battlepacks I want (wookies) (gree's clones) cannot be found. I will find them in time I suppose, it just gets frustrating having to visit the same Wally Worlds 2 or 3 times a week and come up short. Such a difficult life we collectors choose to live. :)

El Chuxter
02-04-2006, 04:04 PM
Them Battle Packs is like kudzu! Leave 'em on the pegs, and they'll take over the whole durn aisle!! Dadblamit to tarnation! :eek:

Kidhuman
02-04-2006, 05:57 PM
Nope, peg free here on the battlepacks. Thank the Lord.

LTBasker
02-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Only Star Wars I can find at my local Wal-Mart is 7 Utapau warrior battle packs. No new Titaniums, no new Saga figures. I think I'm going to hate the Utapau packs as much as Chancellor Palpatine and Mon Mothma...

BlueSnags
02-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Here in LA, every Walmart has tons of Battle Packs (four pegs worth) and no Saga figures whatsoever. Target has tons of Battle Packs (I've seen even Gree and the Wookiee pack hanging around the pegs at 7-8 o'clock at night) with only Bib Fortunas and Han Carbonites on the pegs. In short, they are NOT selling here.

Turbowars
02-04-2006, 07:55 PM
short, they are NOT selling here.Yeah and you and I didn't see that coming did we?:rolleyes:

lukesky27
02-05-2006, 07:13 AM
It just makes me sick to walk into the toy aisle and see row after row of these things and NO FIGURES!!! I went into Toys R Us yesterday and they had ONE figure, Bib, and about 25 Battlepacks sitting there staring me in the face. I really hate these things and worry that since they are not selling, the larger Unleashed line will never come back.

D.

Blue2th
02-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Yup, the local Walmarts here are either bursting at the seams with Battlepacks and those stupid Choppers that no one is buying, or they have pegwarming Utapau soldiers. Not even left over Bibs or Baradas. No Titaniums. Hasbro and the retailers might wise up and see what is selling and what is not.

Slicker
02-05-2006, 10:57 AM
It seems my area goes through them quite quickly. They stock the shelves and maybe 2-3 days later they're empty of the Battle Packs. I haven't bought any but I'm thinking about starting.

TheDarthVader
02-05-2006, 11:29 AM
I have noticed that these places (even Target) could be carrying more saga figures if they didn't have to peg those battle packs. Wal Mart is the worst. The pegs are clogged with 'em. I am trying to find some more hoth figures, but there are only four pegs for figures at my local WM. Definitely sucks for me.

B.
TDV

lukesky27
02-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Funny little story. I just went to two local Wal-Marts...one here in my town and a super Wal-Mart about 25 minutes north of here. They both had around 20 Battlepacks with plenty of Utaupau blah blah's and each had ONE!! That is right, I said ONE Saga figure. The funny thing was it was the same figure. Major Bren Derlin. My wife said that maybe our Wal-Mart got tired of it sitting on their shelf and shipped up to this Wal-Mart while we stopped and ate, in hopes that it sells here.

GEESH!!

And those Choppers...goodness, who thought that those would be a good idea? And I am really tired of seeing all these ugly Transformers everytime I want a simple figure. I am hoping that someday, I will see the Snowtrooper that I want and be able to purchase it.

D

K M Toydarian
02-05-2006, 03:48 PM
Have seen plaenty of Battle Packs here in LA, but did enjoy seeing last week or so a little kid about 8 really excited that they had the Droid battle pack. The mother bought him and his little brother both one. It was refreshing to see a kids face light up over Star Wars!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-05-2006, 05:16 PM
I don't have much of an interest in these. Unfortunately I have the same pegwarming problem . . . well, not so much pegwarming -- it's just that all the stores have a healthy supply of Battle Packs, Transformers, Titanium Series, and Customs, with very few basic figures. Everything I DON'T want and nothing I do.

BountyHunterScum
02-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Felucia Battle Pack Aayla has a nice ***.

mikey1974
02-08-2006, 03:19 PM
well...wal-mart here put out 2 cases of the carkoon wave,and a whopping 1 case of the hoth wave...pegs have literally been empty for almost a month now....but we have battle packs...oh boy,do we...12 pegs worth...and absolutely NONE are moving...not a one...so,i'd say this is,without a doubt,one of the worst ideas hasbro ever made...would it really have been such a hard thing to resize them a little and make them in scale to the 3 3/3 " figs? they may not have articulation,but i bet a lot of people would buy sets to army build wookies and clones...but at this small scale...no one cares!

Sith Lord 0498
02-09-2006, 07:57 PM
The Utapau Warrior packs are finally disappearing from the shelves around here. Now there's just an overabudance of those ridiculous "choppers", Darth Tater (my local WM Supercenter must have 30+ of them!!!), and those SW Transformers. Titaniums, Saga figures, and yes even the majority of the battlepacks sell through relatively fast in my area.

jedi master sal
02-10-2006, 10:28 AM
The Utapau Warrior packs are finally disappearing from the shelves around here. Now there's just an overabudance of those ridiculous "choppers", Darth Tater (my local WM Supercenter must have 30+ of them!!!), and those SW Transformers. Titaniums, Saga figures, and yes even the majority of the battlepacks sell through relatively fast in my area.

Yeah, Battle Packs are selling well in my area too. (Not just because of me either...)

I'm seeing an overabundance of the choppers, Taters, Transformers.

I'd rather see ACTION FIGURES! (But I don't mind the battle packs either, and again, in my area they are selling well.) Titaniums sell well here too.

Where the hell are the action figures though?

JawaJoe
02-22-2006, 12:51 AM
The newest mini unleashed look better than the first wave I have to admit. Still, not enough to make me buy em though. I was looking at the bly pack earlier tonite. Why does it come with a red clone commander? Heard a rumor somewhere that originally bly was sposed to sport the red armor maybe thats why. Oh, and my local wallyworld now has an endcap FULL of those pos choppers. Thats in addition to the 20 or so next to the figures. What a waste of space.