PDA

View Full Version : Sideshow's chat

Darth Cruel
02-04-2006, 03:53 PM
Missed it. Mad about missing it. Can anyone fill me in on what info they gave out? Is there a transcript? Is it linkable?

Sith Lord 0498
02-10-2006, 11:40 AM
There is a transcript, but it's accessible only by newsletter subscribers...so I don't want to link to it.

However, here are some interesting tidbits both SW and non-SW alike

SHIPPING DATES - these are their best current estimations

Luke Skywalker - end of March
Anakin Skywalker - late April/early May
Obi-Wan Kenobi - May
Kit Fisto - June
Han Solo - June

STATUS OF THE MILITARY LINE (Clonetroopers, etc.)

"We're not rushing the armored figures. Which is not to say that we're not working on them - just that they'll need to be looking very,very good before you see them."

Look for a "full array" of Imperial troopers.

EXPANDED UNIVERSE SERIES

There will be one, and they are trying to develop enough to comprise a small group of them before announcing any of them. Great news though...we will be getting more than just Padme, which by the way...

STATUS OF PADME AMIDALA (SNOW BUNNY)

Currently under development and done as though it were a live-action character...so here's to hoping they get Natalie's likeness down good.

OTHER STAR WARS NEWS

We will see Sith figures this year.

No limit on how many figures will be in each series (i.e. - Order of the Jedi, Heroes of the Rebellion, etc.)

Potentially a San Diego Comic Con exclusive 12" figure.

While not directly Star Wars, Sideshow is considering "update" packs for their 12 inch figures (alternate costumes, accessories, etc.).

NON-STAR WARS LICENSES

Jaws - 24 inch "Bruce" (that would be the shark) coming from Sideshow (could possibly be 1/6 scale of the mechanical shark)

Terminator 2 - new T-800 w/ Arnold's likeness (apparently one that's hard to legally secure)

Horror Figures - Chucky, Jason, Jigsaw (oh yeah, oh yeah!!!!), and possibly something from Halloween (they suddenly got tight-lipped)

Darth Cruel
02-10-2006, 12:24 PM
I am a newsletter subscriber so if you could email me a link I would appreciate it.

K M Toydarian
02-10-2006, 01:20 PM
However, here are some interesting tidbits both SW and non-SW alike

SHIPPING DATES - these are their best current estimations

Luke Skywalker - end of March
Anakin Skywalker - late April/early May
Obi-Wan Kenobi - May
Kit Fisto - June
Han Solo - June

I hate that Han and Kit come the same month, especially as we have to pay around 7-8 bucks a piece for shipping, and they can't combine preorders, but you have to preorder just to be able to get one. If two figs could ship together, we could save at least a little money, as it is there is an instant 130 bucks on the credit card in June!

Tycho
02-10-2006, 02:14 PM
It's interesting that they are going to do Padme as Natalie Portman and not a cartoon. That opens the door to a lot of other Padme's once they have the sculpt. These I'll be very interested in.

Great for the schedule. I use my bank-VISA for Sideshow and it expires in June. Oh sure, they'll send me another, but I hope my Han Exclusive won't be cancelled when I update my info (new exp. date, etc.)

With Kit I just ordered the regular and I'm not going for Mace.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Tycho, definitely call them and ask about that right away. I've had that problem torpedo preorders with other companies, so it may happen with SSC too. Maybe they'll let you switch your account's CC to the new one. I would suggest asking your bank to send you a new card early to avoid problems, I didn't and my bank screwed up and didn't send me a replacement last month until I asked.

Luke at the end of March barely squeeks by the "first quarter '06" claim, and that's only if everything goes right with the release.

Tycho
02-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the advice, JT. Yeah, there are still a lot of ways for them to screw this up ahead of time for all of us once it come to shipping schedules, etc. Worse, I have an Anakin and Obi-Wan order in at Amok Time. It shouldn't be affected since they are supposedly earlier than "June" for Han and Kit, but who knows?

AmanaMatt
02-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Good news on figures with armor - I do want them looking sharp. I do like how they are doing Padme as a realistic fig, but it's still EU - would have to have one heck of an exclusive item for me to bite on that fish....the only problem with combining orders - over $100 and SS requires a signature at the door...being in an apt, that would mean I would have to drive and pick every package up. After paying for Shipping, the last thing I want to do is to drive to get it.