PDA

View Full Version : R3-T7

INDIANA
01-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Can anyone fill me in on where he fits into the new movie? Does he play a specific part or is he just background? Thanks!

mylow thehutt
01-22-2002, 04:11 PM
:) I thought he was Obi wan's droid.

Lord Tenebrous
01-22-2002, 04:56 PM
Obi's droid is R4-P17.

My speculation is that R3 is one of the droids on Senator Amidala's ship. The blue effect is it getting its circuitry fried after the explosion.

Jargo
01-22-2002, 05:54 PM
I thought this was R3-T7 on coruscant near the back alley where Zam crashes the speeder. I assumed with the electro bolts on the figure that R3 gets fried in the crash aftermath seeing as he seems to be around there.

GNT
01-23-2002, 12:06 AM
I think the droid is just some background character :)

JediTricks
01-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Jargo, I thought the droid was on Tatooine and gets zapped by Jawas, but your pic is quite convincing.

2-1B
01-23-2002, 01:37 AM
I like the way the lil droid seems to be posing for the pic Jargo posted. :)

GNT
01-23-2002, 02:18 AM
Wasnt it rumored to come with a mastiff (or something?) and that it was on the new rocky planet?

Beast
01-23-2002, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by GNT
Wasnt it rumored to come with a mastiff (or something?) and that it was on the new rocky planet?

This info comes from a list that popped up on the net a while back. The full list I posted in the AOTC's Collector's Forum. The Mastiff (Masiff I guess is the proper spelling) comes with R4-P17 (Obi-Wan's Starfighter Droid) .

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
01-23-2002, 09:30 AM
If R4-P17 comes with the massif (which is supposed to be a winged beasty on Geonosis isn't it?) then the massif must be one of the smaller beasties hasbro were wittering on about the other week. They said that some smaller critter would be packed on cards as they were too small for the attack beast assortment. So I reckon the Massif is something similar to the swamp Skeeto that was supposedly packing with an Obi-Wan for the episode one toys but never materialised.

Anyway back to the droid, R3-T7 matches quite well the picture I posted. perhaps in the chase through the streets Zam fires at Anakin and misses as all bounty hunters do, but manages to catch the little droid in the crossfire as he's passing by with the woman in the red outfit. The cocumaentary section mad a meal out of showing this droid off didn't it. Can't see a reason why they'd do that if the droid didn't at least figure somewhere in the movie. So I say it's the droid in the pic I posted and Zam is the frier of the droid. I know nothing BTW and will laugh my backside off if this is right. :happy:

INDIANA
01-23-2002, 11:29 AM
Could this possibly be Zam's droid?

Co Jo-Da
01-23-2002, 01:53 PM
Zam's droid is called an Assassin Droid (too bad it doesn't have a cool name). From what I've heard R3-T7 is on Pademe's ship that explodes at the beginning of the film and little R3-T7 gets toasted as well...

Beast
01-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Zam's droid is called an Assassin Droid (too bad it doesn't have a cool name). From what I've heard R3-T7 is on Pademe's ship that explodes at the beginning of the film and little R3-T7 gets toasted as well...

The Assassin Droid has a cool name. According to the toys, I'm unsure if the name is said in the movie the droid is named ASN-121.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
01-23-2002, 02:14 PM
I'm sure that all the astromechs have a story. Maybe even used for multiple scenes...

Jargo
01-23-2002, 03:38 PM
"Hey-hey! Look at me, I got to be an extra in STAR WARS!!!!!" :D

GNT
01-24-2002, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
the swamp Skeeto that was supposedly packing with an Obi-Wan for the episode one toys but never materialised.

I don't beleive the "Skeeto" was ever meant to be a Star Wars toy,I believe Obi Wan was just used to show how big the item was :)

I wonder if ASN-121 is meant be a short version of The Assassin Droid model 121?

Jargo
01-24-2002, 07:39 PM
Interesting. The swamp skeeto turned up in Teryl Whitlatch's book 'The wildlife of STAR WARS' and it turns out that according to Teryl the skeeto is tiny, about the size of a parrot. So thw toy shown in that picture somewheres is wrong in scale by miles.

I don't think it was intended to be a toy either. I think it was a mooted design at LFL that got dumped because it looked dumb and George was saving the beasties for AOTC. I imagine the Massif has replaced it for AOTC though but it'll be interesting to see what the massif looks like. Possibly someone decided to rough up this toy just to prototype it for LFL approval?

ASN-121 one to one with an assasin droid... sounds like fun :)
This droid is supposed to deliver poisonous creepy crawlies to it's victim yes? guess that's what the bulbous part is with a hose attached. the round thing at the back or on the top r wherever it is. I can't see how Obi can hang from it though. And at such a height. If a speeder groans under the weight of one then how this tiny droid can support it's own weigt and the weight of a full grown man is beyond me. repulsorlift can't be that strong surely?

Lord Tenebrous
01-24-2002, 09:03 PM
The insect-critter things are called kouhouns.

I can't wait for an AOTC spoof where the assassin droid goes to release them...and they've all died inside the droid. :)

But anymore, 'spoof' is a bad word. Bad Hollywood, bad! :frus:

Jargo
01-25-2002, 07:38 PM
Okay, forgive me if I'm way of here but a while back at the official site they had a bug that flew round their homepage for a few seconds before disappearing. it looked sort of scarab beetle like. Reckon the Kouhoun bugs will be beetles? Someone mentioned them as being caterpillar like but what was the point of the beetle on the official site then if not to tease us with the Kouhoun? They like to put up easter egg spoilers over there with loads of stuff hidden in the databank entries and around various sections. Even in the metatags apparently.

Just thought I'd mentio this while I remember. :)

Co Jo-Da
01-25-2002, 07:49 PM
Reckon the Kouhoun bugs will be beetles?

They sound really cool, to bad Anakin stomps them out...

JediTricks
01-25-2002, 09:36 PM
Okay, forgive me if I'm way of here but a while back at the official site they had a bug that flew round their homepage for a few seconds before disappearing. it looked sort of scarab beetle like. Reckon the Kouhoun bugs will be beetles? Someone mentioned them as being caterpillar like but what was the point of the beetle on the official site then if not to tease us with the Kouhoun? They like to put up easter egg spoilers over there with loads of stuff hidden in the databank entries and around various sections. Even in the metatags apparently.

Just thought I'd mentio this while I remember. :) That was an ad for The Mummy Returns, shameful, huh?

GNT
01-25-2002, 10:06 PM
Interesting. The swamp skeeto turned up in Teryl Whitlatch's book 'The wildlife of STAR WARS' and it turns out that according to Teryl the skeeto is tiny, about the size of a parrot. So thw toy shown in that picture somewheres is wrong in scale by miles.

I don't think it was intended to be a toy either. I think it was a mooted design at LFL that got dumped because it looked dumb and George was saving the beasties for AOTC. I imagine the Massif has replaced it for AOTC though but it'll be interesting to see what the massif looks like. Possibly someone decided to rough up this toy just to prototype it for LFL approval?

The Name "Skeeto" is probably from the Star Wars Universe but I beleive the toy that was made was never meant to be a Star Wars item at all!Obi Wan was just there to show how big it was.Its like having a picture of Megatron(an example) with a Obi Wan figure next to him,does that make Megatron a Star Wars item?No!

Jargo
01-26-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
That was an ad for The Mummy Returns, shameful, huh? Really? I haven't seen either of the 'mummy' movies so wouldn't know them if they fell on me from a great height. If that's true and it was just an ad then yes, it is shameful. just as shameful as the damn ads popping up for gameboy/cube/thingamibob disgusting is what it is. it's bad enough waiting for banner ads to download but these new ads that pop up and stop you accessing the page until you eventually find the teeny tiny close button hidden in a dark corner somwhere. I hardly ever visit the official site these days because of the ads.

GNT what's your beef? I'm not picking a fight so stop trying so hard to put me down. Geez, it's a toy or it isn't a toy. Who cares? not me.

browndroid
01-26-2002, 02:16 PM
yeah i've noticed that to, it like every time i start reading an article on the offical site some stupid gba pop up covers the screen:mad: it drives me crazy:crazed: