PDA

View Full Version : How Many Sideshow 12" Figures Have You Preordered?

JediTricks
02-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Sideshow Collectibles' line of 12" Star Wars figures has quickly cast itself into focus, despite the line having yet to ship 1 single piece. Since November of last year, Sideshow has made 4 fantastic-looking 12" figures available for preorder, and with a 5th due at the end of this week the pace of the preorder reveals seems to be picking up. Each figure has been made available in regular format and a Sideshow Exclusive limited edition, making for 8 total figure preorders so far:

- Luke ROTJ
- Luke ROTJ SE
- Anakin ROTS
- Anakin ROTS SE
- Obi-Wan ROTS
- Obi-Wan ROTS SE
- Kit Fisto
- Kit Fisto SE

So, how many of the Sideshow Collectibles 12" Star Wars figures have you preordered to date?

DarkArtist
02-06-2006, 04:16 PM
NONE. everytime I try they are soldout. Plus I haven't liked the facial sculpts with the exception of Anakin.

Kidhuman
02-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Why no choice for 0? thats what I would pcik...

Battle Droid
02-06-2006, 05:31 PM
None, Zero, Zip.

Blue2th
02-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Managed to get the last 3 exclusives. Missed out on the exclusive Luke, but got one recently by putting myself on the wait list right away. Still have the regular Luke from my initial order too. That's a total of 5 confirmed (6 if I count Aragorn) I have heard that it will be easy to take them out of their packaging without damaging the box for loose display or MIB, so repeats might not be necessary. Wonder how that will work out? If so I might cancel the regular Luke.

Ji'dai
02-06-2006, 06:35 PM
ZERO!

I will not collect Sideshow product due to their practice of making exclusive alternate versions of nearly every figure.

The high price point is also a contributing factor. I won't pay $6-7 for a 4" figure any more than I'd pay $20+ for a 12" one.

dxdave
02-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Unfortunately, I haven't bought any. I think some of them look great, but I think the price is too expensive. Wish that detail could be bought cheaper :(

Tycho
02-06-2006, 07:00 PM
I got the exclusive Obi-Wan and the non-exclusive Kit.

I now think I wished I ordered Anakin (non-exclusive is fine).

I did not want Luke.

I will order Han Bespin - SSE if I can manage it on Friday.

There are some I want. There are some (possibilities) I'm not interested in. I already know what they are (my preferences I mean) and I'll order accordingly. Great quality in something I otherwise had no intention of ordering won't really make me change my mind. Unfortunately, I actually might order an inferior sculpt (though I haven't seen one yet).

AmanaMatt
02-06-2006, 07:13 PM

Preordered all of the Exclusive versions and will preorder Han too...$50 a pop or so seems like a pretty decent price...I mean, we are paying double, but are getting at least double the quality....I guess compared to my Marmits, SS seems like a great price.

plasticfetish
02-06-2006, 10:52 PM
I've preordered 2 figures, both non-exclusive. Anakin will be my son's birthday gift come October (I usually get him one "special" thing.) I also ordered Obi-Wan for myself.

I didn't care for Luke's face sculpt, and though I really like the look of Kit Fisto, I'm not sure that I'm willing to sink too much money into figures that I haven't seen first hand.

I've no opinion about the Han figure yet, we just haven't seen enough of it.

DarthBrandon
02-07-2006, 12:14 AM
None

They lack good facial sculpts & really do not interest me at all.

C5Jedi
02-07-2006, 03:19 AM
NONE. everytime I try they are soldout.

Zero really should have been a choice.

Darth Cruel
02-07-2006, 06:08 AM
I chose 8, but actually ordered more than that (only 7 different ones, though). I got extras of the Anakin, Luke and Kit regular editions in a desparate hope that someone will want one of these more than they want the Exclusive Edition Jedi Luke that they ordered (yeah, I know, it is a long shot. But so were the three $100.00 bets I made before the regular football season started that the Steelers would win the Super Bowl).

Obi-wedge
02-07-2006, 07:39 AM
I agree, ZERO should have been a choice. The only one that even made me look further was the Anakin. Still did not order it though,

vader68
02-07-2006, 07:51 AM
Yes you definately need to have zero as a choice, that is what I would have chosen.

scruffziller
02-07-2006, 07:56 AM
ZERO.

What is the deal with the polls of late. The option for those of us not participating at all is left out of the poll. In this case, ZERO!!!!

Captain Spoon
02-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I have each version of each figure..why you ask? because I am a sick pup :thumbsup:

AmanaMatt
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Ok, kinda ironic that most that did not order even one have voted in this poll...

Ok, am I the only one pumped for this line?

Ji'dai
02-07-2006, 03:16 PM
What's ironic? Posting a reply in the poll thread doesn't constitute a vote. I wasn't able to actually vote in this poll since "zero" or "none" weren't an option. Still, I feel everyone is free to voice their opinion whether they vote in the poll or not.

JediTricks
02-07-2006, 04:05 PM
I voted for 2, I got the Luke exclusive and the Obi-Wan exclusive, those were the only ones that spoke to me, I figure the others can entice me in person or not end up in my collection, either is fine.

Why no choice for 0? thats what I would pcik...I didn't think it was germane to say "how many have you NOT preordered?" But since Steve came up with the idea of this poll and he likes to listen to you complainers ;) I added a "none" option for you guys to vote on.

What is the deal with the polls of late. The option for those of us not participating at all is left out of the poll. In this case, ZERO!!!!Not everything is about *you*. :p

Ok, kinda ironic that most that did not order even one have voted in this poll...

Ok, am I the only one pumped for this line?I am also glad we have a real 12" line on our hands finally. I don't get why most of the people posting in this thread are going on about wanting a "None" option, if they haven't preordered any, why are they bothering with this poll??? :confused:

I have heard that it will be easy to take them out of their packaging without damaging the box for loose display or MIB, so repeats might not be necessary. Wonder how that will work out? If so I might cancel the regular Luke.Well, if you saw the blog pics, it's a 2-sided non-sealed clamshell tray, so you slide the tray out and pull the top away from the bottom, it's probably the single most collector-friendly packaging ever, perfect for opening and replacing the figure. Whether it'll work as advertised I dunno but I believe it will. I had been considering getting regular Luke too but with the packaging revealed have decided against it, at least for now.

Darth Cruel, dang dude, I totally didn't see that one coming. Aren't these like 1 per customer though?

Darth Cruel
02-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Darth Cruel, dang dude, I totally didn't see that one coming. Aren't these like 1 per customer though?

After the priority pre-order, they up the maximum on the regular edition to 2. I got the extras and will continue to until I get one that someone will trade for the exclusive edition Luke or enough of the regular edition ones to make back all the extra money I will have to spend to get one on ebay.

Tycho
02-07-2006, 06:40 PM
Well I ordered an extra-regular Obi-Wan from Amok Time.

I also ordered Anakin from them.

If SS makes a worthy Palpatine, I'll pose him kneeling down over Hasbro's fried-head on Anakin from their E3 12".

I came to my decision by resizing the screens and comparing Hasbro's 12" Anakin next to SS's, along with Obi-Wan Kenobi from SS. There was no question.

So I'm now up to 4 SS figures:

2 Obi-Wan (regular and SSE)
1 Anakin
1 Kit Fisto

And I'll buy Han Bespin SSE on Friday I hope (or regular Han if I'm not fast enough).

Kidhuman
02-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks JT.

Ji'dai
02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
I am also glad we have a real 12" line on our hands finally. I don't get why most of the people posting in this thread are going on about wanting a "None" option, if they haven't preordered any, why are they bothering with this poll??? :confused: I like that kind of thinking! :D Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided. You could craft future polls like this one was so that the results always support a positive result. Dissenting opinions should be tolerated; manufacturers should welcome criticism in order to better improve product or services. By voting "none" I can send Sideshow, Hasbro, etc., that I for one am not happy with their product or business practices.

plasticfetish
02-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided.Reminds me of The Colbert Report, "President Bush... great, or greatest president?" :)

Ji'dai
02-08-2006, 01:19 PM
Exactly, PF :D

Thanks to JT and Steve for modifying the poll!

JediTricks
02-08-2006, 02:40 PM
I like that kind of thinking! :D Polls that only offer positive-options are a bit one-sided. You could craft future polls like this one was so that the results always support a positive result. Dissenting opinions should be tolerated; manufacturers should welcome criticism in order to better improve product or services. By voting "none" I can send Sideshow, Hasbro, etc., that I for one am not happy with their product or business practices. So you want to turn this poll asking Sideshow SW collectors how many of the 8 they ordered into something else, a statement about how you don't like something? That doesn't seem very fair, that seems kinda selfish really. This poll has nothing to do with "crafting a positive result", it had everything to do with finding out how many of the 8 available were collectors preordering. You want to send messages to these companies that you're dissatisfied? Draft a letter and tell them what you don't like, or just post a thread in the Dear Sideshow forum, don't just come here to ruin our poll.

My ulterior motive here wasn't to skew the results, it was to present an interesting and positive poll for the readers since last week's was a much more serious "downer" poll. Not everything can be a "screw you company!!!" poll, sorry to disappoint you guys on that. :p

jedi master sal
02-09-2006, 10:18 AM
I voted NONE.

I DO think this should be an option. As well, we that voted NONE can specifically state why. This would give Sideshow free market research and see where they went wrong.

For me there are two mitigating factors why I haven't bought any of this line and they are the same as nearly everyone else who hasn't bought them.

Too high in price
Exclusive versions

A note to the exclusive part. I believe it's a prevailing belief that exclusives are hurting the hoby rather than helping. some deem exclusives as the reward for trying the hardest to buy the product. Others say differently. We all know there are those who seek out these exclusives to resell at a much higher price for a hefty profit.

Yes there is a feeling of entitlement among we collectors. And why the heck not. There are a good many of us who have been collecting since 1977, but that fact shouldn't exclude those who started later either. Fact is we would happily by the more expensive items if we KNEW we could get them. I personally am not in this for competition and it certainly feels like a competition when you have to hurry up log on and try to beat others to a very limited run.
What about those who have slow internet connections, or those who are working at the time of the release of the product and CAN'T surf the net while at work.

My belief regarding the Sideshow line is thus.
Don't make an exclusive version at all OR leave the time to order exclusives at at least 24 hours. Then ANYONE during that time who orders has the option of ordering the exclusive one. Sideshow can them produce the exclusives accordingly as opposed to many people being upset that they couldn't order due to whatever factors, some of which stated above.

Many of us are dedicated collectors, but there are times when the opportunity just isn't there to be as dedicated because real-life circumstance kep us from doing the fun things.

To put this in perspective, SIdeshow lost many customers otu of the gate because of the limited run, the imited availability of the exclusive and the high price.

I can easily afford the figures, but in this line I wanted to be a completist. There's nothing wrong with that and Sideshow could have made it very easy for that to happen for those of us who wanted to collect their line this way.

Because Sieshow chose to make these limited runs, they may feel they aren't losing money due to the figures being sold out, but just for a moment think how much more money they could have made were they to have made it easier to get their prodcut, especially the exclusives.

So in conclusion, the option of None is highly appropriate. For me it is too late to collect the Sideshow line. Even were they to change the process and make the exclusives more widely available, since I didn't get any of the others, I won't start collecting them now.

Simply put, MONEY lost on Sideshow's part.

-Sal

Tycho
02-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Sal,

The only exclusive I got was the Obi-Wan because Grievous' blaster was cool and worth it. I also got a regular Obi-Wan because he is just cool. My Kit and Anakin will be regular versions. I don't know what their excusivity was anyway.

With Han, I'm going for the rumored Mynock - or I fell for a joke around here. I don't care. But there are waiting lists for folks who didn't get the exclusives and from what I've heard, they work. There are also Online retailers who ordered the exclusive who you can in turn, order from them.

I haven't gotten any of my 4 figures yet, but I prejudge them well from what I've seen. I'm also not a completist: I didn't need a ROTJ Luke for any reason.

scruffziller
02-09-2006, 01:15 PM
What is the deal with the polls of late. The option for those of *us* not participating at all is left out of the poll. In this case, ZERO!!!!

Not everything is about *you*. :p

I fight for the people.........:ermm:

Darth Cruel
02-09-2006, 01:56 PM
There are more than one way to have "I hate __(place the company name here)____" messages heard. A few alternatives that I can think of right off the top of my head would be to suggest a poll that asks why you didn't buy them if you didn't and add an "other" vote so that your specific reason will be covered even if it is not listed.

Another that I can think of is to start a thread about it. If (place the company name here) truly monitors these forums, then they will get the point a lot more clearly, AND it will be easier for them to find.

To presume to demand the altering of another person's work to twist it's use to your own ends is actually quite arrogant.

Disclaimer: This is intended to be friendly advice, not a chastisement.

jedi master sal
02-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Sal,

The only exclusive I got was the Obi-Wan because Grievous' blaster was cool and worth it. I also got a regular Obi-Wan because he is just cool. My Kit and Anakin will be regular versions. I don't know what their excusivity was anyway.

With Han, I'm going for the rumored Mynock - or I fell for a joke around here. I don't care. But there are waiting lists for folks who didn't get the exclusives and from what I've heard, they work. There are also Online retailers who ordered the exclusive who you can in turn, order from them.

I haven't gotten any of my 4 figures yet, but I prejudge them well from what I've seen. I'm also not a completist: I didn't need a ROTJ Luke for any reason.

Oh I know there's other outlets for buying this stuff, but when given the opportunity to buy direct from the manufacturer, that's the route I much rather prefer. Besides with most e-tailers there's some mark-up associated. I shouldn't have to pay extra because I wasn't as quick to the take as they.

Actually I have to say that I'm happy that I didn't get these. It's opened up other options of collecting for me. That extra money saved here has been applied to mroe figures, Unleashed mini battle packs and GG Mini-busts and Bust-UPs.

So to that degree I guess I should thank Sideshow. Though to think that cash could have been there's instead...

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I fight for the people.........:ermm:
Thank you, Larry H. Parker.

There are more than one way to have "I hate __(place the company name here)____" messages heard. A few alternatives that I can think of right off the top of my head would be to suggest a poll that asks why you didn't buy them if you didn't and add an "other" vote so that your specific reason will be covered even if it is not listed.

Another that I can think of is to start a thread about it. If (place the company name here) truly monitors these forums, then they will get the point a lot more clearly, AND it will be easier for them to find.

To presume to demand the altering of another person's work to twist it's use to your own ends is actually quite arrogant.

Disclaimer: This is intended to be friendly advice, not a chastisement.
Right on DC!

As well, we that voted NONE can specifically state why. This would give Sideshow free market research and see where they went wrong.Selling out in a matter of hours doesn't seem like they went too wrong to me, and maybe this poll should be about the collectors rather than trying to get feedback to SSC - maybe it's a sign of how desparate people are for their voices to be heard, but my first duty is to the forums, not SSC's marketing department. And like I said before, not everything is about "you", sometimes it's about others, if I had closed the thread to posting and you could only vote, you couldn't even have explained your 0 vote. I don't see anybody complaining that I haven't started a poll about Kotobukiya or Code 3 or Master Replicas or Medicom, yet they're all FAR worse offenders in many ways than Sideshow Collectibles.

With Han, I'm going for the rumored Mynock - or I fell for a joke around here.Mynock is confirmed, shown on the SW.com site (check the news today and you'll see it at or near the top), it's got a magnetic sucker-shaped mouth.

Tycho
02-09-2006, 08:23 PM
LOL - I'm a "magnetic sucker" for these, JT.:crazed:

BTW: I remember Larry H. Parker's commercials on TV. I think it's a SoCal thing and others won't get the joke. He was an ambulance chasing lawyer on TV a lot in the 1980's / 1990's.

Actually I have to say that I'm happy that I didn't get these. It's opened up other options of collecting for me. That extra money saved here has been applied to mroe figures, Unleashed mini battle packs and GG Mini-busts and Bust-UPs.

So to that degree I guess I should thank Sideshow. Though to think that cash could have been there's instead...

Our collecting habits are changing outside of 3 3/4". Of course you and I couldn't army-build in the same STATE, but I am not buying GG busts (they're nice, but I never got into that because of mostly space, but also money). I also decided not to do Unleashed Mini's (even though I just saw Aayla, Yoda, Chewie, and Tarful today - nice) But I'm voting with my dollars that I don't like the size change. 12" was something I did since Hasbro had the license.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 12:57 PM
Larry H. Parker *still* airs ads on TV today, crazy huh? I guess with a 91% success rate, he can afford to be the best sleazy TV lawyer ever. :D

"Larry H. Parker got me 2.1 million dollars!"
"I'm Larry H. Parker and I'll FIGHT for YOU!!!!"

I knew this was gonna happen, but didn't accomodate for it. Today we have yet another SSC figure come up for preorder and there's no way I can change all the votes to accomodate that. I don't think I should start a new poll either, but I guess I should add 9 and 10 options though.

Tycho
02-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I want a Larry H. Parker action figure, myself!

:hurt: - look: I've had a personal injury. I think it's brain damage!

(I am definitely in a position to claim this)

plasticfetish
02-10-2006, 05:21 PM
Think you're gonna have to sue yourself Tycho. :confused: I know some people that went to High School with L.H. Parker's daughter -- said that she was nice, but that she looked like a young female version of her Dad. :eek: (I'm sure this LHP talk is really exciting for our non-Southern California friends. :) )

...and you can add one more figure to my count. I bit and ordered the "exclusive" Han this morning.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Ewwww, Lady H. Parker!

Ok, I tell you guys what, anybody who has ordered Han and/or Han SE, post what your original vote was and what your new count is and I will add them to the poll.

...that includes you PF, you gotta tell me what your original vote was, I'm not looking up your old post to find out, too much work for me, I've been on the site for 6 hours straight.

plasticfetish
02-10-2006, 06:33 PM
too much work for me, I've been on the site for 6 hours straight.Why? What's going on? ;)

My vote was 2, but now it's 3. (Unless another really nice OT character with another cool magnetic critter is offered, that's more than likely where I'm staying.)

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 06:43 PM
First it was Han preorder, then lots of Toy Fair stuff to deal with. I'm wearing out though, in the Lego SW 2 game story I just posted, I put "greatist hits" instead of "greatest". It's been a hard couple of days.

I'm exactly the same, so I changed our vote count right now from 2 to 3, so 23 to 21 and then 13 to 15 respectively. It'll still be italic for 2 for the both of us, I can't change that, but the counts now reflect the proper number.

BTW, I set this poll to expire in 2 weeks as I often do, and that's the day that Mace goes on preorder, so I narrowly dodged THAT bullet! :D

plasticfetish
02-10-2006, 07:28 PM
Hmmm... that Mace figure. I'd be curious to know how many people might order that one. I'm not too impressed by the head sculpt at all with that one.

Tycho
02-10-2006, 07:28 PM
JT, I've ordered 5 now:

2 Obi-Wans
1 Kit
1 Anakin
1 Han

I think I'd voted "2" before. But I ordered my 2nd Obi-Wan from Amok Time, as with Anakin. So does that count as a False-Order because I already ordered an Obi-Wan from Sideshow? In that case, my count would be 4 instead of 5, but if you are specifying "from Sideshow Direct" for your poll then it would be 3. Of course the characters could be varying heights, so they may not all be exactly 12", but 1/16 scale at whatever height that may be accurate at. So I may have to change my vote to zero figures if none are actually 12" exactly if that is what your poll is asking for. Thereby I suggest you ammend your poll to ask "how many False-12" figures did you order from Sideshow Direct?" Of course none of us have been charged for our SS Orders yet, so do they actually count as True-Orders? :crazed:

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 03:03 PM
Ok, I changed your vote to reflect that Tycho. It wasn't "from sideshow" only, so 5 does count.

BTW, 12" figures are 1/6-scale. Since some folks don't realize what 1/6th-scale means though, I refer to them as 12"-scale on the forums but for polls I try to make it as accessible as possible.

UKWildcat
02-11-2006, 10:53 PM
Ok, I changed your vote to reflect that Tycho.

Sniff... sniff... I smell a voting scandal. ;)

Well since "none" was added to the poll that is how I voted.

jedi master sal
02-13-2006, 03:44 PM
Selling out in a matter of hours doesn't seem like they went too wrong to me, and maybe this poll should be about the collectors rather than trying to get feedback to SSC - maybe it's a sign of how desparate people are for their voices to be heard, but my first duty is to the forums, not SSC's marketing department. And like I said before, not everything is about "you", sometimes it's about others, if I had closed the thread to posting and you could only vote, you couldn't even have explained your 0 vote. I don't see anybody complaining that I haven't started a poll about Kotobukiya or Code 3 or Master Replicas or Medicom, yet they're all FAR worse offenders in many ways than Sideshow Collectibles.

Selling out in a matter of hours says that they GROSSLY underestimated the desire for the product. They could have made much more from this instead of limiting it to what they did. Yeah, I realize the poll is about the collectors and the site, blah blah. But the free market research is a by-product of discussion from these boards that can only help to serve the manufacturers and cosequently the collecting community at large.
If you had close the poll to votes only that would have been just fine. Seeing as how there are a significant amount of none votes, at the least it could have raised an "eyebrow" so to speak with SSC. I don't collect Kotobukiya, Code 3, or Medicom. SO I can't speak about them. I DID want to get SSC stuff until I heard of the exclusives practice. That completely blew it for me. So, why not have our collective voices be heard. Many people like SSC, but it shouldn't all be honey either. Sometimes the other side of things needs to be taken account to have an understanding of the whole viewpoint.

All I'm trying to say is that SSC lost customers before they started being customers becuase of the way they did things.

I will say this, after seeing their stuff from Toy Fair pics, I'm GLAD I didn't lay down the scratch for their stuff. I think ALL of the head scultps suck. I showed them to three other people (one a fan, one a casual fan and the other not really a fan). All of them basically said the same thing. The costumes and accessories look great but the heads suck. IF we are being asked to pay 2 1/2 times the price then these tings should be danged near spot on and IMO (and teh other three I talked to) they are not.

Ah well, as I said before, money saved...More Army builders and GG busts for me then.

Oh and Tycho, I think you're right, we probably couldn't AB in the same state...ha ha. Did I tell you I got a job in San Diego and start in March? You better grab everything while you can...heh heh.

(J/K Tycho)
-Sal

Tycho
02-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Sideshow headsculpts:

Luke - looks OK, but I didn't order him. I have an adequate extra Hasbro.
Anakin - looks great! There's no comparison to Hasbro's!
Obi-Wan - perfection. This is SS's best piece!!!
Kit Fisto - OK. I just wanted Kit in my 12" collection, so as long as he's not lame...
Han Solo - I'm not sure yet. Hasbro's Bespin Solo and Carbonite Solo sucked though. Anything helps.
Mace - Hasbro did an adequate job. I'm not tempted because I bought extra Hasbro.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Selling out in a matter of hours says that they GROSSLY underestimated the desire for the product. They could have made much more from this instead of limiting it to what they did.Yes, that's true. Not a failure of the product though, it's either a failure of vision or a marketing decision designed to ensure the full run doesn't tank.

Yeah, I realize the poll is about the collectors and the site, blah blah. But the free market research is a by-product of discussion from these boards that can only help to serve the manufacturers and cosequently the collecting community at large."By-product" is the key there, you want a poll about the community's frustration about the exclusives or whatever else, you have to suggest it, you can't expect to just hijack any thread that comes up about Sideshow to suit your opinions, that's not fair to the rest of us - and I don't mean you specifically, this is coming up more and more frequently around here, someone will post a thread about Master Replicas or Star Wars Transformers and all of a sudden it gets hijacked into this "GOTTA TELL THE MANUFACTURER HOW IT IS STRAIGHT-UP!!!" stuff that ruins the thread.

And it's not like we don't have several avenues that you could explore to express yourself, there's starting a thread in the proper section, suggesting a poll about the matter, even leaving comments on the photos in the Toy Fair coverage.

Seeing as how there are a significant amount of none votes, at the least it could have raised an "eyebrow" so to speak with SSC. Really, is 15% "significant"? I get more negative responses when I do a LEGO poll.

I DID want to get SSC stuff until I heard of the exclusives practice. That completely blew it for me. So, why not have our collective voices be heard. Many people like SSC, but it shouldn't all be honey either. Sometimes the other side of things needs to be taken account to have an understanding of the whole viewpoint.Why? What does the exclusive really affect? You miss out on a single solitary accessory. That's your beef, for others it's a low run of regular edition pieces, others it's the designs of the heads, others it's the price, so by simply voting "none" are your voices really being heard or are they just yelling incoherently? We have threads about all those issues in the SSC forum, I've *started* some of them, but the bottom line is that is not what this poll is about, this poll is simply about how many of them SSC collectors have preordered so far. It's not this poll's responsibility to make a public statement to Sideshow about the perceived issues with their line.

C5Jedi
02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Selling out in a matter of hours says that they GROSSLY underestimated the desire for the product. They could have made much more from this instead of limiting it to what they did. Yeah, I realize the poll is about the collectors and the site, blah blah. But the free market research is a by-product of discussion from these boards that can only help to serve I DID want to get SSC stuff until I heard of the exclusives practice. That completely blew it for me. .........................
All I'm trying to say is that SSC lost customers before they started being customers becuase of the way they did things.
(J/K Tycho)
-Sal

I agree. I gave up on the 12inch line when I couldn't get through to intially order online. I eventually got offered their waiting list for the 12 inch but turned them down. The way they handled it really turned me off to collecting these. I even cancelled the rest of my orders for the 1/4 after getting Luke and Han. Vader was about to ship and I cancelled him/Grievous/Ben/Leia in the 1/4 format.

They certainly lost me as a customer and I collect everything SW.

Darth Cruel
02-15-2006, 08:52 AM
I'll give you my whole run-down:

Exclusive Luke Skywalker - 0 (I was involved in a family medical emergency)
Regular Luke Skywalker - 1
Exclusive Anakin Skywalker - 1
Regular Anakin Skywalker - 1
Exclusive Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1
Regular Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1
Exclusive Kit Fisto - 1
Regular Kit Fisto - 2 (I finally realized that the limit is 2 on the regulars)
Exclusive Bespin Han Solo - 1
Regular Bespin Han Solo - 2

And in the off chance that you want to include LOTR:

Exclusive Aragorn as Strider - 1
Regular Aragorn as Strider - 1

And by Monday afternoon I intend to add:

Exclusive Legolas - 1
Regular Legolas - 2
Exclusive Mace Windu - 1
Regular Mace Windu - 2 (How cool is the cut-off hands thing)

So...19 total (hopefully) after Monday. (I don't expect you to change the poll)

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 01:35 PM
DAAAAAANG!!! I dunno if I'd put you as "9" because you didn't get Exclusive Luke and we'd be counting them by character, or "10" because that's the max I made the poll go. What did you vote before DC?

Side question: When does Legolas go on preorder? I want to get him but only got into the line a couple days ago.

EDIT: Never mind, found it, this Friday. Han last Friday, Mace on Monday, Legolas Friday, it's madness!!!

Tycho
02-15-2006, 02:07 PM
I think we need to start a bankruptcy protection fund for Darth Cruel and JediTricks. Meanwhile, they're our friends, so we should get them into a SideShow 12-Step program. :D

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 02:15 PM
Hey, I have 4, not 19! :p But if you want to contribute to the "Give JT Money" campaign... :greedy: And look who's talking, mister "I need 8 AOTC Obi-Wan Pilots for various scenes!!!", save *us* from bankruptcy??? How about saving YOU from your collection, it's gonna merge into one giant force and put you on a sealed card. :D

jedi master sal
02-15-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey, I have 4, not 19! :p But if you want to contribute to the "Give JT Money" campaign... :greedy: And look who's talking, mister "I need 8 AOTC Obi-Wan Pilots for various scenes!!!", save *us* from bankruptcy??? How about saving YOU from your collection, it's gonna merge into one giant force and put you on a sealed card. :D

heh heh, I'd like to see that. (But I shouldn't talk either...)

Blue2th
02-15-2006, 07:26 PM
I was going to do that 2 of every 12" Sideshow, because I like loose and mint in mint box. Till I found out the packaging will be easy to get the figure out to display without tearing up the box. So I canceled at least 2 regular ones. There's a lot still to buy between Star Wars and LOTR. I have to have at least one of each figure. Preferably the exclusives. so that's alot of $ yet to spend.