PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Greatest Hits Action Figures Wave 1

Turbowars
02-06-2006, 10:52 PM
Star Wars Greatest Hits Action Figures Wave 1 from EE

What's up with this????

Star Wars Greatest Hits Action Figures Wave 1 contains 12 individually packaged action figures from Revenge of the Sith in new 2006-style packaging: 1x Darth Vader, 1x Anakin Skywalker, 1x Yoda, 1x Commander Bacara, 1x Super Articulated Clone Trooper, 1x ARC-170 Clone Pilot, 1x Chewbacca, 1x Obi-Wan Kenobi, 1x General Grievous, 1x Mace Windu, 1x R2-D2, 1x Destroyer Droid. (Subject to change.)

decadentdave
02-06-2006, 11:06 PM
The fact that they are repacking ROTS figures to clear out excess inventory wouldn't bother me so much if they were figures from limited shipments of case assortments such as the final 12 figures, many of which never saw retailers or only ordered one or two cases. I just hope that the Clone Pilot is the black repaint. I have NEVER seen one around here. I also hope that the SA Clone Trooper is the red Shock Troop repaint.

Slicker
02-07-2006, 05:55 AM
Yippiee! another Clone Pilot to clog the pegs up. This oughta be fun.:rolleyes: It all sounds very reminiscent of the HOF wave.

JEDIpartner
02-07-2006, 08:32 AM
I think it is...

LTBasker
02-07-2006, 09:29 AM
"Greatest Hits" doesn't really fit this much, but I guess they didn't want to ask the retailers to sell the "Greatest Flops."

Even more sad though, Anakin, Yoda, Grievous and Obi-Wan all have potential to be the same as the upcoming reissues in other Saga waves.

figrin bran
02-07-2006, 11:04 AM
i doubt that the SA clone will be the shocktrooper repaint because if it were, most of us would have no reason whatsoever to buy the Target Senate battlepack

Darth Cruel
02-07-2006, 11:14 AM
This will be interesting. "Greatest Hits", huh?

dindae
02-07-2006, 01:03 PM
If they sell more power to them. I was surprised how well the ROTS stuff sold. The fact that in January I didn't see more then a handfull of figures on clearance I can't say they are morons. I know that I won't buy them but I saw plenty of disappointed parents at Xmas time saying they couldn't find anything.

BlueSnags
02-07-2006, 01:07 PM
Sounds like figures that were all readily available at retail for months, unless they're repaints of some kind. :sad:

I was thinking that this line would more along the lines of figures that actually sold well and weren't clogging the pegs just a little while ago (White Grevious Bodyguard, Shocktrooper, Blue 501, Bly, Gree, Red Royal Guard, Black Pilot, Passel Argente, Cat Miin, Green Clone Commander, Hologram Jedi). Granted, the Saga packaging will look cool, but come on ReHash-bro, get it together.

Kidhuman
02-07-2006, 01:54 PM
Why dont they send out the holos and the 501 again.

JediTricks
02-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Reminds me of the Hall of Fame line from Saga 1.5

Slicker
02-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Here's the picture of the line from EE.

Greatest Hits. (http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87181Alg.jpg)

BlueSnags
02-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Here's the picture of the line from EE.

Greatest Hits. (http://images.entertainmentearth.com/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CHS87181Alg.jpg)

That's not good.

TheDarthVader
02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
That is just STUPIDITY on hasbro's part. Most of those figures can still be found at certain stores. :( How about blue clone vader's legion, holo aayla, holo plo, tarkin, ask aak, meena tills, gree, bly, red guard, and shock trooper? (I know most of those have been mentioned.) This set really, truely, honestly, totally SUCKS . I hope someone from hasbro is reading this.

B.
TDV

Darth Cruel
02-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Maybe they will re-release the brown-stripe Bly as well. This doesn't necessarily have to be bad. There are a couple of good re-releases in this wave. The #41 clone trooper will be a boon to army builders, and this may be a hint that other more difficult to find figures may be re-released as well.

JediTricks
02-08-2006, 04:06 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Jedi Kick Obi-Wan returns! "Greatest Hits" my aunt Fanny!

Battle Droid
02-08-2006, 04:49 PM
They're gonna be on the Saga Collection card so I'll get them. (Probably keep them carded, the one's I already have, except for the army builders.)

trandoshan666
02-08-2006, 05:30 PM
I'm still having a hard time believing that any of these figures actually qualify for a "greatest hits" list. It's more like a "greatest-amount-of-leftover- plastic-that-we'll-repackage-and-inexplicably-make-money-on" list. I don't think there will be any interesting repaints released with these, and I try not to collect repacks, so I'll be avoiding these.

At least Hasbro's being upfront and just saying that they're repacks, though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-08-2006, 05:39 PM
This is an odd move. I definitely would've bought more 501st troopers, shock troopers, and battle droids, but instead we only get the crappy Destroyer Droid and a clone that is crap for army building. I might get a few more pilots for the Gunship and to customize into Odd Ball and Jai'galaar.

Why are they re-releasing that Anakin again? It's in the Coruscant wave as well, with a cloak. Odd.

vadersvette
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
Well...at least I finally be able to get Bacarra, since I missed out on him the first time around-even though he isn't a very good figure.:rolleyes:

Blue2th
02-08-2006, 07:23 PM
They should call this one Greatest Pegwarmers. Though there are ones that warmed the pegs longer, These are pretty close. With the exception of Bacara and the SA clone. Even the #41 clone was clogging the pegs for a while till they all went on sale. I think I will buy 4 more Clone pilots though so I can fill the seats on my loose Arc Fighter and Gunship.

DarthQuack
02-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Yea...these look REAL good......

Turbowars
02-08-2006, 10:19 PM
Well Hasbro you officially have cured me of purchasing every basic figure. This Greatest Hits and the Geo wave did it. For now on I will stick with OT figures and Clones. I'm sure there will be a few others that I will buy, but that's it. Sideshow and Gentle Giant will be getting most of my $ these days. It really is too bad, because I really do like collecting these figures, but YOU Hasbro are making it impossible to do so. I mean come on look at your case assortment for the Geo wave! What a joke! 1 Clone per case? Screw you!

I can't wait to talk to the Hasbro Reps at the SDCC!!

timmae
02-08-2006, 10:55 PM
thanks for the link slicker. i only got 5 of these total in the rots packaging. not counting the pilot repaint. unless the card is killer on the #6 clone. i will not puchase none. they are even charging more now. just kick us in the nuts hasbro.:upset:

just looked at the pix again and got an idea hasbro. please sell them to us as exclusives for 12.99 + tax each! please.:cry:

jjreason
02-08-2006, 11:10 PM
I'm lucky to have them all loose already, and hence not care whether they put them out or not. The problem is - they won't sell well, and will block your store and mine from getting better, newer figures. :(

Fluke Skywalker
02-09-2006, 03:57 AM
jjreason said:
I'm lucky to have them all loose already, and hence not care whether they put them out or not. The problem is - they won't sell well, and will block your store and mine from getting better, newer figures.

Good point. :(

Sheesh these are lame. I mean, it's not a bad idea, but these figures?

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 04:05 AM
Watch, they're gonna say "well, they're all main and/or interesting characters from the ROTS line's collection 1 which kids just adored" - which is totally idiotic because nearly all of these were pegwarmers to some degree, we even had Bacaras and 41s sitting near the end when they got put in late cases. How about instead of just random Col 1 junk you put in REAL "greatest hits" figures instead? I'll give that Vader & #41 Clone marks, but the rest are all dogs - it'd be kinda sad if Hasbro really thinks the ROTS line's legacy is this crap.

DarkArtist
02-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Greatest Hits of the Figures No one wants. With the exception of Bacara and the #41 Clone, I'll pass.

trandoshan666
02-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Well Hasbro you officially have cured me of purchasing every basic figure.
More than once, or in general?
Good for you either way. I used to collect every cardback, but quit during the incredibly blatant repacks of Saga figures on OTC cards only months after they were initially issued. The "healing" powers of Hasbro never cease to astonish.

JediTricks
02-09-2006, 04:21 PM
Tion Medon (Sneak Preview #2)
Clone Trooper #6 shocktrooper variant
General Grievous #9 (4 lightsaber attack)
Darth Vader #11
Count Dooku #13
C-3PO #18
Royal Guard #23 red variant
Anakin Skywalker #28 (slashing attack) either Sith Eyes or no-circles variants
Clone Commander #33
Super Articulated Clone Trooper #41
Ask Aak #46
Meena Tillis #47
Electronic R2-D2 #48
Commander Bacara #49
Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot #55
Grevious' Bodyguard (white) #60
R4-P17 #64
That's my list of ROTS figures that I think are worthy of being called the line's greatest hits. I was a little generous with the Anakin #28 but it really ain't a bad figure, better than the #2 version in many ways. I also was being generaous with Greivous' bodyguard and the Senators, I like the way the look but like Anakin #28 they're probably not truly greatest hits. And I wanted to put both the white #6 and #41 clones, but with the shocktrooper it'd be too many #6 figures. I left out the blue Royal Guard because the red was more recognizable in the film and is in other movies. I never got R4-P17 and now I regret it because I like his coloring over R4-G9's which is kinda lost in all that gold.