PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday GSJ!

r2dee2
01-22-2002, 08:08 PM
GSJ, couldn't find a thread to put this in, so you now have one all your own. A Very Happy Belated Birthday to you!! Know it was yesterday. Hope it was a great one.

BTW, please check your private messages for a question ;) As I posted in the madroom, thanks for all your help in the past.

good shot jansen
01-23-2002, 08:58 AM
imagine, 42 years old, and all i wanna do is keep playin' with my toys! (lissen up hasbro, you keep makin' em, i'll keep buyin' em)

in response to your pm, i have not bought the japan hobby x-wing. it looks more for showin' than fer goin', and i would prolly do something stupid like bust it apart while flyin' a sortie to the living room!

after nearly 7 years of continual action, every ship in the action fleet, and micro machines squadron have returned home safely! not one has been lost or damaged in battle!

hmmmmmmm maybe that's why hasblo's pullin the plug, the life expectancy is too dayum long fer em in our ever growin' disposable merchandise world:rolleyes:

r2dee2
01-23-2002, 11:28 AM
I've been LOOKING for something with which to repay you on the JCP pack and thought you might be interested in the hobby X-wing:) ...since Mason is so into the X-wings. If not, then I'll keep LOOKING !!:D

vulcantouch
01-23-2002, 12:56 PM
. . .and seein gsj constantly checkin this happy birfday thred for new birfday wishes. what next, imitatin charlie brown gettin no ValenTines? humbug and Double humbug i say ;)

SWAFMAN
01-23-2002, 01:01 PM
Happy B-day, GSJ - and many more.

good shot jansen
01-23-2002, 01:08 PM
yep! ya caught me there, being the Venerable sleuTh that you are!:o

but see? i've been paying attention to you're own publicity whorin' methods, and by doing that, all peoples who check the who's on 1st thread, get's to see that it's my birthday, not just you guys!

if you're gonna learn....learn from the best, i always say:p

jeddah
01-23-2002, 01:27 PM
....many Happy ReTurns! :evil:

jeddah :kiss:

good shot jansen
01-23-2002, 02:20 PM
it don't hurt baby! it gets much better with age!

np: bob dylan - "my back pages"

:kiss:

jeddah
01-23-2002, 02:49 PM
Are you tellin me you're already on HRT? :P

........these Americans are crazy......

jeddah

good shot jansen
01-23-2002, 03:05 PM
i took my best shot at trying to decipher what you meant by hrt, and apparently i am waaaaaaaay off base!

clue me in gorgeous, what does hrt mean anyway?

SWAFMAN
01-23-2002, 03:42 PM
....I guess that makes you the elder statesman of this here forum?

Youth, large, lusty, loving—Youth, full of grace, force, fascination!
Do you know that Old Age may come after you, with equal grace, force, fascination?
-Walt Whitman

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
01-23-2002, 06:26 PM
I too would also like to express my belated birthday wishes to the "yoda" of our MM board -- GSJ (Yoda of course implies "wise" and "sagelike" and not "aged"--well 42? Okay, I guess it does than ;) )

jeddah
01-24-2002, 02:30 AM
...and I thought I was being wickedly funny..... :o

Hormone Replacement Therapy :p

jeddah

good shot jansen
01-24-2002, 06:41 AM
i ain't menopausal yet! maybe mental-pausal, but definately not menopausa..............is it me, or is it getting warm in here?

:eek:

hmmmm, i wonder what a distinguished, silver haired charlie brown wearin' a yoda mask, with a baaaad attitude sweatin' profusely would look like?.........doh! that would be me!

i don't wanna go to disney world......i wanna go to SCRANTON :frus:

np: archie and edith - "those were the days":o

jeddah
01-24-2002, 08:04 AM
Admittedly we're not playing nice with you. Happy Happy Birthday.

:)

jeddah

JediTricks
01-24-2002, 08:27 AM
Happy Belated Birthday GSJ!!!

Gonna visit some pencils? (it's a Scranton reference... a somewhat veiled one)

Also, as to your claim that your squads have always come home, didn't one of the A-wings have a near-tragic ejection of its pilot once? ;)

Anyway, enjoy life (not in the Ozzy Osbourne sense :D) and have a great year! Hmm, why does that sound like a prison sentence rather than well-wishing? :crazed:

Baal
01-26-2002, 02:54 PM
Many more for you, ya' old git!
]};{>

vulcantouch
03-08-2002, 03:23 PM
oh well, i'll just use this one to say sst mm bugs he indian-gave for me (other guy didn't cry or nuthin?) arrived yesterday :D watch this space for report of what i was able to trade for em :D
vt

vulcantouch
12-12-2002, 11:40 PM
i mean here it is 8 months later & this one's Still the closest i could find for tippin the cap to gsj for his array proto loan (review comin up), id4 alien "mm" for b'jr (via bc3 originally as i recall?), mixtape #2 (i really Should get around to gutting the tapes he & swaffy already sent ;P ) and plain & converted ford "p.o.s." mib mms for jt (diverted here so i could see them in person)?? :o
not only that, he's about the only one still tawkin back on my Hump thred (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=202259#post202259) these days, so a "Happy Birfday" to Gooshot and a turd-sized lumpa coal to the restayas :crazed:
vt

good shot jansen
12-13-2002, 07:35 AM
the id4 ship is actually from a different id4 set than the one bc3 sent me. apparently trendmasters put a few id4 playsets. the one i sent you was from the destruction of new york play set ( i know i posted a photo of the playsets parts somwhere around here, jes can't seem to track it down at the mo')

the one bc3 sent me, i believe was from the area 51 playset. anyway, the one from area 51 is actually larger than the one i sent you. ( ialso remember posting a pic of the two different ships side by side, showing the difference in size:confused: )

anyway, if anyone remembers where the hell i posted those dayum photos, you can see the difference between the two of em there.

vulcantouch
12-13-2002, 10:31 AM
cuz i already got the small version, so was hopin to one day get an in-person look at the biggy to see the diff; wouldn't wanna Trade now wouldja? :stupid:

sicqnus
12-13-2002, 12:02 PM
Yeah !!! Happy Birthday to you Good Shot'

good shot jansen
12-13-2002, 12:12 PM
it's not me b'day for another month or so, but thanx fer the good wishes sicqnus.

doh! you already's got the small one (that's not what the former mrs. scalperslime said :eek: )

sure i'll send you the larger one, but let me warn ya bout a few things. the bottom of the ship had several rectangular bits o' plastic evenly spaced along the bottom of the hull. why? i got's no idear (landing skids maybe?). two under the right side, two under the left side, and one biiiiiiiig one down the center of the hull:frus:

as the center one got in the way of mounting this ship on a mm tear drop stand, i done did cercumcised it:evil:

unfortunately, it left a gaping unfinished portion of the bottom hull, so this ship can't be called pristine in any fashion of the woid.

but if interested anyway, i'll enclose it in my next mailing to ya, let you compare the two, and you can keep whichever one ya want.

r2dee2
01-21-2003, 12:50 PM
ANOTHER year has flown by!!!! It's your birthday again GSJ and I just wanted to wish you a VERY Happy 43 rd!! You're the BEST!!! You've been a great MM moderator and great asset to the SW community :D :cool: :kiss:

britcit3
01-21-2003, 02:05 PM
Me too !!

Happy Birthday GSJ and thanks for being a great member of the MM/AF community.

Can't think of a better moderator (no offence other Mods !!!).

Have a great day.

BC3

shinakuma43
01-21-2003, 02:31 PM
Happy birthday GSJ. I hope your emblemless green A-Wing arrives very soon. Maybe I'll just call you GSJ43 from now on : )

Later,
S43

good shot jansen
01-21-2003, 04:27 PM
thanx all! i appreciate the good wishes.

i can't believe another year has flown the coop.

wow! 43! i'm sure it will be as good if not better than 42 was!

SWAFMAN
01-21-2003, 07:44 PM
Happy Birthday, GSJ !!

sicqnus
01-22-2003, 02:58 AM
Happy Birthday once more then !
:D

good shot jansen
01-22-2003, 06:29 AM
now that's kewel! thanx sicqnus! i'm gonna print that out on my color printer at home, and hang that by my work station. :)

nice work indeed!

Hawkwind
01-22-2003, 06:41 AM
Happy Birthday!!!!!

JediTricks
01-23-2003, 04:19 AM
Wow, happy birthday! Time really does fly I guess, seems like yesterday... *JT rambles off into an incoherent mumble*

vulcantouch
04-17-2003, 11:48 AM
. . .and my distaste for starting new threds, once again i deem this the place to thank gsj for completing the prototour circle and returning the prodo kaztorp, array & ef1 i loaned out :) (ltb: your protorp's also arrived a-ok & will be back atcha soon as i get a chance to post the review it deserves :) )
gsj also enclosed larger id4 attacker "mm" in trade for my smaller one :) larger's actually less detailed than smaller but i prefer the larger size anyway so thanx, i already shaved off its superfluous underrails and drilled in a stand-hole :D
as a bonus he Also enclosed ~dc-sized, admirably detailed jpn renditions of a space 1999 eagle (with detachable center module! speakin of, anyone else here ever have one of them n-shaped space1999 guns wayback? man they were Cool) and something called a "space intruder detector" that looks kinda like a nasa space station :D a most gracious and i gather hard-to-come-by gift; but i'm still trying to decide whether they fit in with my mm collection. (pro- there still ain't no eagle mm; con- these are kinda big :sur: ) so if it might save anyone here any trouble say so here if you might want em; otherwise i Know bjr'll be happy to assimilate them :D
am i forgetting anything? prolly, it Was a big pkg :happy:
vt

good shot jansen
04-18-2003, 06:43 AM
i knew you didn't have a s99 eagle in an mm size (and quite frankly, the one mm sized version that i have seen, lacks big time in the detail department)

the eagle and s.i.d. (the s.i.d was from ufo, it was the early warning intruder spaceship) were in the last konami set i received from hobby link japan. i know non-mm's ain't your thang, but you do have a few dc sized ships in your collection, and as these are very nicely detailed, i figured you would find some proper moment in the calander as to when to display em' :)

vulcantouch
04-29-2003, 11:59 AM
still makin up my mind about these, but at the time of writing above post i hadn't yet assembled em. now that i have, maybe b'jr shouldn't get his hopes up about me deferring them to him, they're purty cool :)
btw at trekcon this weekend a dealer had a dozen diff ones of these for $15 each, including a cool yellow "fighter" version of the s99 eagle :)
vt

good shot jansen
04-30-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by vulcantouch
.........maybe b'jr shouldn't get his hopes up about me deferring them to him, they're purty cool :)

can ya dig it? i knew ya could:happy:

Originally posted by vulcantouch
.........btw at trekcon this weekend a dealer had a dozen diff ones of these for $15 each, including a cool yellow "fighter" version of the s99 eagle :)
vt

that cool yellow "fighter" version would be the hawk, i jes might have me an extra one of those too, if your so inclined.:cool:

o' course it'll cost ya in some additional educatin' of my muzical tastes with some more o' dem scholarly cd bounty huntin' finds of yours :evil:

vulcantouch
05-01-2003, 11:17 AM
of course, since already finished annual spring hunt it might take me awhile to score more cds. of course, there's yard sales all summer so one never knows :)
hawky, say hello to vt :cool: (but plz wait till 3 add'l protos etc are ready before sending, that way can send all at once :) )

good shot jansen
05-01-2003, 01:12 PM
roger that, (was planning on holdin' off till new proto's were in hand anyway)

havin' been a past recipient of a vt smack down due to postal extravagance, economizin' will be duely done

vulcantouch
05-02-2003, 11:00 AM
then i spose if of these any cds skip it'll be fitting eh :crazed: hey it's your postage $$, i'm just a compulsive efficiency advocate :)
looked thru xtras and currently also have an xtra vanessa daou Zipless cd as well as cassettes of jamiroquai's Travelling Without Moving and combustible edison's I, Swinger as i since scored cds of same. also a jamiro Return Of The Space Cowboy cd which for some reason came in a digable planets cover :crazed: lmk if interested in any/all-
vt

good shot jansen
05-03-2003, 06:52 AM
any and all are always welcome!

feel free to shower me in tunes :)

np: kiki dee - i got the music in me

vulcantouch
05-03-2003, 11:03 AM
. . .i scored a $2 xtra copy of jamiro's Synkronized which contains "canned heat" as used in Center Stage (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=209472#post209472); meanwhile their Travelling W/out Moving features same flik's "cosmic girl" :) recently listened to I Swinger (even tho i got it last year; sometimes takes me a while to get around to integrating new stuff into my listening rotation, which is why i haven't yet opined on aphex, bc3) and some of its cuts were used in Four Rooms (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=31731#post31731) :)
also dug into archives and i do have that xtra copy of 1000 Airplanes book so that'll be included too :)
vt

vulcantouch
05-13-2003, 10:44 AM
my cassette of new order's "republic" (since i recently scored cd of same), and xtra house-label comp cd Strictly Rhythm: The Early Years :) also may have xtra cass of another house-label comp, Nervous Breakdown Vol. 2, but still have to track it down :p

good shot jansen
05-13-2003, 12:40 PM
any's an' all's is my approval! :)

you've spent a lifetime cultivatin' that esoteric muzical taste o' yours. i'm jes thrilled to be on the receivin' end of your amazingly vast knowledge of musical genre's.

np: the rolling stones - "send her to me"

Baal
06-03-2003, 09:14 AM
Happy B-Day GSJ!

Baal

vulcantouch
09-22-2003, 11:34 AM
as you can see i been a bit busy (http://www.experimentalfilmchannel.com/id7.html) :D but wanted to xpress muchothanx to gsj for pkg which arrived a few days ago :happy: will opine on entire contents soon, but meanwhile i been Totally diggin the hawk and 8472 bioship; former looks like a giant version of the hornets that dart 'round denver cafe-tables during these last days of summer, while the surprisingly-sharp-edged and detailed latter looks like it was molded from root beer & creme de menthe- Tasty :cool:
vt

good shot jansen
09-22-2003, 05:12 PM
i always love when this post rears it's head from season to season, makes my birthday feel like it's an all year event.

soften's the blow, cause as we all know, i'm gettin up there in age

bobafrett
09-23-2003, 12:09 AM
From one Micro Machine collector to another, Happy (belated by this time) Birthday!

jeddah
09-23-2003, 03:29 AM
Many Happy ReT urns

:D

jeddah

sicqnus
09-23-2003, 05:15 AM
Today it's your #49th birthday since the 01/23/2002
Happy Birthday Good Shot' !!!

just kidding ;-)

SWAFMAN
09-23-2003, 07:23 PM
hbj_gsj

VT, you can't (or at least shouldn't) just drop a link like that....

Get to typin', Mister!

r2dee2
02-01-2004, 01:24 AM
GSJ, sorry I missed your birthday but only today got back online. I hope it was a GREAT one!!!!! :D

I'm now settled in Hawaii but with only 1 Walmart on 1 Kmart on the whole island, I think my SW collecting will take a holiday lol

Happy Birthday once again to a wonderful moderator and to a great contributor to the hobby :kiss:

good shot jansen
02-01-2004, 03:41 PM
as always, you seem to somehow rememeber when my b'day is :)

it was great, had a fabulous time with family. my folks even came into town to celebrate with us!

as this thread keeps popping up from time to time throughout the year, with birthday wishes being sent to me in very peculier months, to set the record straight, i turned 44 on the 21st of january.

winter in maui must be a tad bit different from what you're used to high up in the rockies :eek:

have a mai tai for moi!

SWAFMAN
02-01-2004, 09:58 PM
Belated HB GSJ. I keep forgetting I'm not the oldest traf on this forum.
Sounds like you had a great day. Many, many more to you, sir.

JediTricks
02-02-2004, 03:00 AM
Geez, how many birthday's you got GSJ? ;) Happy belated birthday!!! :)

sicqnus
02-02-2004, 03:21 AM
A few years more to come to be as old as Yoda... :D
Happy Birthday Good Shot' !

;)

vulcantouch
02-13-2004, 01:02 PM
i hope b'jr & i didn't miss our chance to come visit & view it sometime :o so i spose we won't see you at starcon in 2 months? ;)
my brother's in-laws might retire out there in the next few years btw :cool: