PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Mace Windu next in line

Sith Lord 0498
02-09-2006, 08:49 PM
We can expect to see Mace Windu from Episode II as the fifth figure in the "Order of the Jedi" line.

Personally, I wished this was the fourth figure instead of Kit Fisto, but I'll be happy to see this. Hopefully, they'll let the line rest for several months and resume it with a 1/6th scale Yoda. In the meantime, we can start getting some military and Sith figures!!! (I hope...)

Jayspawn
02-10-2006, 12:01 AM
I saw the pictures this evening. Looks good but needs some work. Its in the eyes. I'm sure I'll order him.

Turbowars
02-10-2006, 12:32 AM
I saw the pictures this evening. Looks good but needs some work. Its in the eyes. I'm sure I'll order him.What pictures?

SS radio actually gave a hint about Mace. It was a dead giveaway. They used a line from the film.

Sith Lord 0498
02-10-2006, 07:31 AM
Yakface.com now has the preview pic up. I see what you mean about the eyes. They look slightly bloodshot. Also, the tunic fabric looks off.

But they still capture enough of Sam Jackson bada** mother$*%^er attitude to make me want to buy it. Plus, it goes on sale President's Day, so I have the day off to order it!!!

Blue2th
02-10-2006, 08:56 AM
So do you think the exclusive will be Jango's Head? Can't think of anything else except maybe a burned cloak? Maybe another piece of a red droid? Let's speculate.

maatu
02-10-2006, 10:26 AM
i think it looks alright. hasbro 's mace windu looks better. My only problem is we wait today to order han solo. right now we have 5 figures ordered. another one coming up, luke skywalker has not even been mentioned about being delivered to us yet. come sideshowtoys start shipping the figures. i would love to be able to order all the figures .i had to pass on kit fisto, i want mace windu because i think the exclusive will yoda.He will be one not to miss.

maatu
02-10-2006, 10:31 AM
sideshowtoys has the dates mixed up. monday is the 20th . sunday is the 19th. they have it monday the 19th has the last day to sign up for the newsletter.i hope it's a typo just like my grammar.

Sith Lord 0498
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
i think it looks alright. hasbro 's mace windu looks better. My only problem is we wait today to order han solo. right now we have 5 figures ordered. another one coming up, luke skywalker has not even been mentioned about being delivered to us yet. come sideshowtoys start shipping the figures. i would love to be able to order all the figures .i had to pass on kit fisto, i want mace windu because i think the exclusive will yoda.He will be one not to miss.

I really don't think it will be Yoda. One of their previous podcasts (around the time of Obi-Wan) virtually stated that they do NOT want to make Yoda an accessory because he is too important of a character in the Star Wars saga.

Right now, the best option for an exclusive for Mace Windu is Jango Fett's severed head or at the very least his helmet. Second place would be another piece of a battle droid.

Darth Cruel
02-10-2006, 12:15 PM
We are definitely limited with what exclusive accessory could come with him. And even though he was not my hope for the next figure, all of these Jedi are going to look unbelievably awesome together.

K M Toydarian
02-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Exclusive accessory could be the jedi training tablet, even though that was Ep 1. But I would think they would span the Saga with these characters, instead of making so specific versions.

decadentdave
02-10-2006, 12:51 PM
Man, Mace sure looks like he's been smoking a lot of weed!!!

Still, beats Hasbro's Outer Limits alien-looking Mace head.

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 01:43 PM
I saw the pictures this evening. Looks good but needs some work. Its in the eyes. I'm sure I'll order him. That was the first thought I had about it as well, the eyes are just not right. I won't be ordering this one, not because of that, but because I have no interest in a Mace Windu figure.

In comparison to a movie photo, I can see that the eyes are set too deeply, and are slightly the wrong shape.

Maybe the exclusive accessory will be his TPM lightsaber, it's significantly different from the AOTC/ROTS version.... actually, if they went that route, I might be interested.

maatu
02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
i will probbly get kit fisto from a starwars toy dealer in my area. i want to get all the figures. i think were all get anxious. i want to display luke skywalker. than anakin and obi won kenobi.i am going to cut back on my other collecting agenda's. i won't go after the smaller starwars figures. i guess. i would have to say as a collector i am spoiled by what is out there to collect. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: sideshow toys rocks...

Tycho
02-10-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm happy they are doing Mace next because I will NOT be buying him.

Hasbro was at one point going to make the whole 12" Jedi Council (well, the original Mace was issued with a Jedi Council Member logo on his package - Hasbro made an E1 Mace (best) and an E2 one (TRU exclusive - sort of lacking).

There are certain characters I want - others I can pass on. I have an extra E1 Mace for my Jedi Council, so I can save $50.

Here's the list:

Yoda - have, could use more
Mace - have, Hasbro is good enough (esp. E1)
Plo Koon - have
Ki-Adi Mundi - have 2 actually
SaeSee Tiin - want Sideshow to do this one (from E1 or E2, not pasty-face)
Eeth Koth / Agen Kolar - want Sideshow over here too
Adi Gallia / Stass Allie - ditto
Oppo Rancisis - I worry that even Sideshow would do him cheaply
Even Piel - eh....I'd buy if it looked good
Yaddle - eh - same thing
Yarael Poof - ditto
Depa Billaba - boring, but easy for Sideshow
-------------------------------------------------
Shaak-Ti - Hasbro's was good
Coleman Trebor - yes! Sideshow could do him nicely!
---------------------------------------------------
Pablo Jill - yup! Go here Sideshow!
Obi-Wan Kenobi - done (and done well Sideshow!)
Anakin Skywalker (ditto)
Kit Fisto - (ditto, too)

Aayla Secura is a non-Council Member I really want badly!
Quinlan Vos is an EU on almost equal ground with her - almost.

Turbowars
02-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I read somewhere that the exclusive will be a CanOWhipAss. It's just a rumor, but It's very likely.:thumbsup:

Blue2th
02-10-2006, 07:22 PM
Second place would be another piece of a battle droid.
Maybe SS could do a Build-a-Die-Cast-Battle Droid, and have different pieces for each chosen Jedi. Now that would be something.

Reefer Shark
02-10-2006, 08:01 PM
I read somewhere that the exclusive will be a CanOWhipAss. It's just a rumor, but It's very likely.:thumbsup:

LOL! lol

Or they could pack in a wallet that says "Bad Mother F---er" on it.

Turbowars
02-10-2006, 08:43 PM
LOL! lol

Or they could pack in a wallet that says "Bad Mother F---er" on it.Wait, I thought that was one of they other accessories.:D

AmanaMatt
02-10-2006, 09:09 PM
EP II Mace, there is only one, true accessory as far as I'm concerned: Severed head of Jango.

Fans of the SS Highlander fig can attest that this is a cool idea for an exclusive accessory! :D

Forget Jedi tools when you can have body parts! :ninja:

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm happy they are doing Mace next because I will NOT be buying him.

Hasbro was at one point going to make the whole 12" Jedi Council (well, the original Mace was issued with a Jedi Council Member logo on his package - Hasbro made an E1 Mace (best) and an E2 one (TRU exclusive - sort of lacking).

There are certain characters I want - others I can pass on. I have an extra E1 Mace for my Jedi Council, so I can save $50.

Here's the list:

Yoda - have, could use more
Mace - have, Hasbro is good enough (esp. E1)
Plo Koon - have
Ki-Adi Mundi - have 2 actually
SaeSee Tiin - want Sideshow to do this one (from E1 or E2, not pasty-face)
Eeth Koth / Agen Kolar - want Sideshow over here too
Adi Gallia / Stass Allie - ditto
Oppo Rancisis - I worry that even Sideshow would do him cheaply
Even Piel - eh....I'd buy if it looked good
Yaddle - eh - same thing
Yarael Poof - ditto
Depa Billaba - boring, but easy for Sideshow
-------------------------------------------------
Shaak-Ti - Hasbro's was good
Coleman Trebor - yes! Sideshow could do him nicely!
---------------------------------------------------
Pablo Jill - yup! Go here Sideshow!
Obi-Wan Kenobi - done (and done well Sideshow!)
Anakin Skywalker (ditto)
Kit Fisto - (ditto, too)

Aayla Secura is a non-Council Member I really want badly!
Quinlan Vos is an EU on almost equal ground with her - almost.

How can you display a Hasbro 12" figure next to a Sideshow one. That is as wrong as having Vera DeMilo in a Miss America pageant.

I'm with you on all the figures you want to see done. But then I simply want to see every main, secondary, and background character from each of the 6 movies done. I am particularly in agreement with Agen Kolar or Eeth Koth. Not because they are Jedi Council members, but because I just think they are great characters to do in this format. The costumes and portraits make for a figure with a lot to it.

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 04:54 AM
Tycho displays his POTF2 figures next to OTC and Saga and TSC figures, he's a sinner in the eyes of the hobby! :p To be fair, Hasbro's Zuckuss, IG-88, Bossk, Bib Fortuna, R2-D2, maybe Ep 1 Obi-Wan, those are all worthy of being next to the SSC figures.

If Mace had Jango's severed head, it'd have to be without the helmet in case they ever did a Jango figure. Personally, I suspect a hologram, he's seen 'em several times. I like the idea of his Ep 1 saber the best though.

I just reaquainted myself with Hasbro's Mace figs, both have surprisingly good likeness points but overall failures, if they were combined they'd be better than SSC's though I think.

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2006, 10:37 AM
If Mace had Jango's severed head, it'd have to be without the helmet in case they ever did a Jango figure. Personally, I suspect a hologram, he's seen 'em several times. I like the idea of his Ep 1 saber the best though.

After seeing Mace's stump, we know Sideshow isn't shying away from making somewhat graphic details for their figures. With that being said, they could get away with making Jango's head and not break their "no repeat" exclusive accessory rule. Jango's severed head could differ from both the regular helmet and regular Temuera Morrison head sculpt easily...just make the helmet with a severed neck stump and make it all one piece. That would satisfy the requirement that it's one-of-a-kind.

Personally, I think Mace's Episode I lightsaber will be one of the standard accessories.

Blue2th
02-12-2006, 10:37 AM
There are some good 12" figures from Hasbro: Darth Maul, Talking Vader w/removable helmet, Ep. 1 Mace, Ki Adi Mundi, to name a few. I seriously doubt that SS will make a Tauntaun. I'm not against displaying them together, or swapping clothes and or accessories till SS catches up, which might take a while.

AmanaMatt
02-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok: I love Mace - he was just cool, so I am very happy with this choice.

As for the Mace SS exclusive accessory: it can be the severed head of Jango (that happens) to be inside the helmet - or they could say the dented helmet of Jango to make it exclusive to avoid their policy of 'never repeating an exclusive' accessory.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 04:04 AM
Well, the figure at Toy Fair has both the Ep 1 and Ep 2 lightsabers, so who knows if that'll be a standard accessory or not.

The stump is pretty gross, but it's also wrong, didn't Anakin cut off his arm just above the elbow?

Sith Lord 0498
02-13-2006, 09:46 AM
Well, the figure at Toy Fair has both the Ep 1 and Ep 2 lightsabers, so who knows if that'll be a standard accessory or not.

The stump is pretty gross, but it's also wrong, didn't Anakin cut off his arm just above the elbow?

No, he cut it at the wrist. You can see it clearly during the semi close-up when Mace is getting fried.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Yeah, you're right about just the hand, I just checked to be sure.

I figured this out last night right after I posted this, they don't do exclusives at Toy Fair, TF is about convincing retailers' buyers to stock these items so exclusives are out. Since the Ep 1 saber is shown, that means it's not exclusive.

rich_of_the_dead
02-17-2006, 06:49 PM
it be on the website it will come with jangos helmet

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=0&source=mainlogonav

Darth Cruel
02-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Great news and thanks for the link, but shouldn't this be in the Mace Windu thread?

Slicker
02-17-2006, 09:38 PM
And shouldn't you be gone Rich?:p:p We all knew you just couldn't stay away.

Turbowars
02-17-2006, 11:22 PM
No way in hell could he not report this wonderful news!

AmanaMatt
02-18-2006, 12:07 AM
No other choice, IMO, still very cool. Hopefully it'll come with a neck or stump

Turbowars
02-18-2006, 04:08 PM
I suppose that Jangos head will not be in the helmet nor will there just be a bloody stump. Jangos head fell out of it anyways, so it's OK. Cool exclusive and I;d hate to miss it.

JediTricks
02-18-2006, 06:19 PM
There ya go then, kinda surprising. I wonder if this will bump the price up on the SE $5 like it did Han.

I have my beheaded Jango 4" figure laying crumpled in front of my AOTC Mace (the lollipop one) and the helmet is behind him, it looks cool but technically the accessory is really Jango's since Mace didn't take the head or helmet as a trophy (although I think by doing this, MR is opening the door to that EU possibility :D).

Slicker
02-18-2006, 06:22 PM
It's a neat accessory (although many predicted it loooong ago) and I can't think of any others that he could've came with (well, maybe that magic mirror from TPM that he uses to test Ani).

Darth Cruel
02-18-2006, 08:04 PM
It's a neat accessory (although many predicted it loooong ago) and I can't think of any others that he could've came with (well, maybe that magic mirror from TPM that he uses to test Ani).

And who is to say that it won't come with that anyway seeing as how he is so limited with accessories. Oh, yeah...he didn't have it at TF, did he? I guess Sideshow left the possibility of another version of Mace open. Although, one of the accessory sets they have hinted at would do to complete him. I would like to see a screaming version of him.

Sith Lord 0498
02-18-2006, 08:48 PM
And who is to say that it won't come with that anyway seeing as how he is so limited with accessories. Oh, yeah...he didn't have it at TF, did he? I guess Sideshow left the possibility of another version of Mace open. Although, one of the accessory sets they have hinted at would do to complete him. I would like to see a screaming version of him.

First off, this is just my opinion. This isn't official.

That said...Mace will likely come with the following accessories:

Interchangeable hands: lightsaber grip, Force gesture, cauderized stump
Lightsabers: AOTC/ROTS ignited, AOTC/ROTS hilt, TPM hilt (no ignited since he never used it in Episode I)
Aquabreather
Jedi food capsules
Jedi holoprojector
Jedi communicator

I'd be surprised if Sideshow chooses to hike up the price on Mace Windu because of the helmet. They haven't made any secret that they're researching a way to make figures with removable helmets. They may just chalk this accessory up to R&D on a future Jango Fett figure and not pass along the cost to us.

Or perhaps they're closer than we think to making removable helmet figures and this is the helmet they'll use for Jango. It wouldn't be surprising if they're not revealing that until they have something close to final to show us.

Darth Cruel
02-19-2006, 09:19 PM

Lightsabers: AOTC/ROTS ignited, AOTC/ROTS hilt, TPM hilt (no ignited since he never used it in Episode I)
Aquabreather
Jedi food capsules
Jedi holoprojector
Jedi communicator

I'd be surprised if Sideshow chooses to hike up the price on Mace Windu because of the helmet. They haven't made any secret that they're researching a way to make figures with removable helmets. They may just chalk this accessory up to R&D on a future Jango Fett figure and not pass along the cost to us.

Or perhaps they're closer than we think to making removable helmet figures and this is the helmet they'll use for Jango. It wouldn't be surprising if they're not revealing that until they have something close to final to show us.

Although I hope you are correct about Mace having both 'sabers, that would be a pretty big step removed from Sideshow's norm.

Tycho
02-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Mace comes with a Quarter-Pounder, only the SSEE (European Exclusive) calls it a "Royale."

You must buy the upcoming Porkins figure later this year to get the fries and help you assemble your complete Happy Meal.

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 04:54 AM
Well, we'll know in 8 hours (ok you guys will, I won't, I'm not waking up early to find out what this figure has since I'm not ordering one).

AmanaMatt
02-20-2006, 10:48 AM
I'll be curious myself....I will be ordering this one for sure.

Blue2th
02-20-2006, 11:15 AM
I have a feeling that this figure might take a little longer on the Streamline Ordering system because of the holiday. I don't get today off, so I called in and made a lame excuse about taking care of some personal business, and that I would be in at or before lunch. If they only knew. Good thing I made sure I was caught up at work in anticipation of today so I wont be missed too much.

BlueSnags
02-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Just ordered the Exclusive. Took about 13 min this time, a little longer than usual. Sweet!!!

Looks like the edition size this time around is 1750.

Blasty Trooper
02-20-2006, 01:23 PM
Ordered mine and my buddie's in about 17 minutes. Battle damage helmet for Jango means they can do a clean new helmet for him later on.

Darth Cruel
02-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Finally got through after 24 minutes. The interesting thing is that I am on a DSL today. The dial-up goes faster for me. I wonder if there are two different servers and using the dial-up is actually a benefit due to less use.

Darth Cruel
02-20-2006, 01:34 PM

Aquabreather
Jedi food capsules
Jedi holoprojector
Jedi communicator

Edited...

Great call! Both 'sabers. EI is ignited only, though. EII/EIII has both ignited and hilt. 3 toal, I'm stoked!

Blasty Trooper
02-20-2006, 01:37 PM
Just checked and the Exclusive is already SOLD OUT at 37 minutes after!

mm74md
02-20-2006, 01:38 PM
The exclusive is already sold out. These things are insane. Mace was the easiest for me to get, the only exclusives I missed were Luke & Kit. :(

BlueSnags
02-20-2006, 01:40 PM
The exclusive is already sold out. These things are insane. Mace was the easiest for me to get, the only exclusives I missed were Luke & Kit. :(

That might have been the fastest sellout yet. I wonder what it'll be like when Vader, Fett, or one of the Clone Troopers goes up.:cry:

Blasty Trooper
02-20-2006, 01:40 PM
If you missed out on the Mace exclusive, get on the WAIT LIST asap. I was able to get the Luke exclusive through the wait list. :D

AmanaMatt
02-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Han was my prior fastest preorder on the SS site - he took 20 min.
Today took 3 min - I tried at 3 till, and was done by 10a Pacific time exactly. I cannot believe it sold out that fast.

If you missed out on the Mace exclusive, get on the WAIT LIST asap. I was able to get the Luke exclusive through the wait list. :D

Same here...I all but gave up hope on the Luke Exclusive too - took 2 months, but I got it using the waitlist.

jedibear
02-20-2006, 04:29 PM
That might have been the fastest sellout yet. I wonder what it'll be like when Vader, Fett, or one of the Clone Troopers goes up.:cry:

I shudder at the thought! I foresee a meltdown of the site for sure...or at least some increased edition sizes...

Sith Lord 0498
02-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Edited...

Great call! Both 'sabers. EI is ignited only, though. EII/EIII has both ignited and hilt. 3 toal, I'm stoked!

I was sooo close to calling that. No aquabreather and ignited TPM saber...which I'm surprised about since he never used it in Episode I. That's why I was guessing hilt only (that and the pic of just the hilt from Toy Fair).

Reefer Shark
02-20-2006, 09:22 PM
I managed to get an exclusive Mace ordered today. It's the first SS Star Wars exclusive that I've been able to order, so I'm happy about that! I like the Jango helmet. :thumbsup:

I wonder what's next in the 12" line?

Turbowars
02-20-2006, 09:31 PM
That might have been the fastest sellout yet. I wonder what it'll be like when Vader, Fett, or one of the Clone Troopers goes up.:cry:If SS knows what's best for us and them they will double the production run of Fett and Vader. Speaking Vader wouldn't be cool if SS did a Concept Line with Vader, Stormy, Luke, R2 and 3PO?! Damn I'd be all over that:thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
I have been able to get all 5 exclusives I tried for (I wasn't available for Luke). But I stress each and every one. I am not looking forward to how badly I am going to stress come Vader or Fett time. And I am of the mind that Commander Cody is fast becoming a favorite so I am not looking forward to the anxiety for that one either.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 04:28 AM
If SS knows what's best for us and them they will double the production run of Fett and Vader.Yeah, double at least, these things aren't just being bought by us hardcore SW fans, but also by 1/6th-scale fans and Sideshow fans, so imagine how crazy it'll get when those monumental characters come out: pandamonium. Plus, increasing the run sizes will lower their costs.

Tycho
02-21-2006, 07:07 AM
I know I'm a Star Wars fan, but can I be a 1/6th fan also?

For example, I'd like to pay 1/6th scale of the current gasoline price.
I'd like to pay only 1/6th of my taxes.
I'd like only 1/6th the scale of my current cell phone bill.

I could so go on :D

JEDIpartner
02-21-2006, 12:09 PM
I didn't read this entire thread but... the Jango helmet looks a lot like the one from the mould Hasbro used... :eek:

Jayspawn
02-21-2006, 04:16 PM
The Hasbro helmet looked WAY better.

I passed on the Exclusive and ordered the Standard Mace from somewhere else cheaper. The Exclusive Jango helmet looks....wrong! That and I didnt have the aggrivation of trying to get the Exclusive.

I like how its a universal Mace that covers the whole trilogy.

Turbowars
02-21-2006, 07:26 PM
I didn't read this entire thread but... the Jango helmet looks a lot like the one from the mould Hasbro used... :eek:That's what Jangos helmet looks like. Hasbro did a pretty good job.

Darth Cruel
02-21-2006, 10:33 PM
That's what Jangos helmet looks like. Hasbro did a pretty good job.

Even if Sideshow used the same mold, plastic, paint and painters as Hasbro...the helmet would still be better done by Sideshow and I would be willing to pay three times the money to sideshow that I would to Hasbro for it.

Maybe that's a LITTLE harsh.

JEDIpartner
02-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I don't think it looks any better or worse. It just looks "the same". I'm surprised they hadn't done a better job on it. Then again, it is pretty much a throwaway item (for them) since it is just an add on.

AmanaMatt
02-23-2006, 01:04 AM
The helmet looks fine...it is their photography that seriously lacks at times, IMO.