PDA

View Full Version : The Hunt for General Grievous Battle Pack!

Battle Droid
02-10-2006, 03:26 PM
http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20060210.html

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/img/20060210_exclusives.jpg

DarkArtist
02-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Well if they are calling the clone trooper set the Hunt for General Grievous what is the Battlepack labeled "Defense of the Senate" listed on Amazon.com ?

Also is it just me or does the Lucas stormtrooper look like a rehash of the Comm Tech mold. I was hoping for them to at least give us the VOTC stormtrooper mold. Oh well, I guess now I am going to have to get several of these guys since I want to customize a few stormies to have clone heads.

The galactic hunt chase figures sounds like more work then what it's worth, will pass on those unless they look cool.

Still undecided about the demise of Grievous figure, but knowing me if I see I will most likely get one.

Battle Droid
02-10-2006, 03:44 PM
Defense of the Senate must be a different Battle Pack.

BlueSnags
02-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Defense of the Senate must be a different Battle Pack.

Either that or the name has been changed...

jedi master sal
02-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Frickin' A!

Now this is what I call a Battle Pack!!

Yes, I am EXCITED!!!

This is the BEST Battle pack to come out in some time!

I'm not going hog-wild with these as tehre wasn't many ARC troopers, but I DO plan on getting 3 sets. 1 Boxed and two for different scenes.

Awesome Job Hasbro!!!

The Georgetrooper is Meh, but since I'm buying two sets of the VTSC, I might as well send in for the fig.

Demise of Grievous looks cool enough.

And those Skrimish battle packs have been teh topic of discussion around here for some time.

Whoo hoo, I'm getting "Happy feet" just anticipating going out to look for these...

Bacta Beast
02-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Heywaitaminute?!!!!! that p.o.c. Grevious figure is a "super-premium figure" now? What makes it "super"? The plastic flames? the new paint job? Ohhh, I've got it!!! It's the over-inflated price!!!:rolleyes:

I can't wait to get the clone ship and the "Hunt" battle pack though I'm dissapointed that they didn't use the #33 Clone commander body for the blue arc troopers as it looks like they did with the red.

Same thing with the "Lucas-trooper". Seems if we have to buy the VOTC figures to get one, couldn't he have been a VOTC body?

Can't wait for the "Skirmish" set either, I bet hasbro could make some sweet mulla offering those pods direct from their site!! (pods $12 or something)

Lazer Brain
02-10-2006, 04:47 PM
way cool, at least were getting some cool clones!!!the ship is a must have! the georgy trooper is a get, just because ....just because.... eh , i will get it anyway.
later

dindae
02-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I like the clone pack and the lucas figure. I don't have a problem with the POTF2 Stormtrooper body. The biggest problem is the silver vac'd chase figure. That will be a pain to get and not really worth it. How many silver vaders does a person need. I'm gonna wait and see how easy they are to pick up. If I can grab em I will but I don't see myself paying $30 bucks on ebay for this crap. I certainly don't fell "these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector". My quote would read more like "these will be hard to swallow pills for the long time completist". Honestly Hasbro must have a guy in an office that gets paid for doing nothing other than "Hey I got an idea for an exclusive it's a figure we already released but lets do it in SILVER!" If I ever meet him he's got a beatin' coming. :twisted:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2006, 06:17 PM
Yes! What we've all wanted. Those guys are going to look so damn cool in that gunship. I can't wait. Hopefully my TRU will get them in, but I know they won't, so I'll order online as soon as they have a pic on Amazon.

Slicker
02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm really liking how things are going for SW right now. The toys coming out are great (albeit they're coming out REALLY fast) and they're actually starting to get me interested again. They need to keep it up.

Blue2th
02-10-2006, 06:53 PM
Looks like they got the color closer this time on the blue Arc Troopers, instead of the grey Clone Wars version. I still think the new Gunship looks a little too grey-blue from the photo on the box. The one in part 21 is not as grey, but more of a light pastel blue. But hey, I'm just glad we're getting these.

figrin bran
02-10-2006, 06:58 PM
i'm banking on the erstwhile "defense of the senate" being this "hunt for grievious" battlepack. and if it isn't, then we should see preorders for the "hunt" pack pretty soon.

i don't really care all that much about the silver figures i have currently and so those UGH silver figures aren't a big deal to me.

rust
02-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I SO know what I'm spending my X-Mas money on...*Covets ARC Gunship and Troopers*

Kidhuman
02-10-2006, 07:26 PM
It looks like they repacked the Attack on Courascant pack for this. I dont know if I will get it. The figures look to "cartoony" Might be me, while I am running a 102 fever right now.

Sith Lord 0498
02-10-2006, 10:33 PM
I was hoping for a battlepack with all decently-articulated ARC Troopers. They didn't have to be SA...just better than the initial ARC Trooper. Alas, from the photographic evidence we have right now, it looks as though only the red ARC Trooper and that funky-looking AT-RT style trooper are decently articulated. The remaining three look like straight repacks.

Blackened88
02-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Awesome, cant wait to get it. Although the blue arcs suck and i dont like their pauldrons, they should have the ones that commander bly have, its more show accurate.

TheDarthVader
02-10-2006, 11:42 PM
I will be getting one or two of these packs if I can find them.

B.
TDV

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 12:28 AM
The ARC Troopers are cool enough even though they are cheesy re-hashes. I think I'll go with something a little cooler in the gunship, though. Those figures will stay in the package.

jedi master sal
02-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm really liking how things are going for SW right now. The toys coming out are great (albeit they're coming out REALLY fast) and they're actually starting to get me interested again. They need to keep it up.

They might be coming out fast, but NOT ENOUGH! There's virtually NO figures on the shelves when I go looking. I have to literally luck out and find a whole wave on a shelf that looks like it's just been put out. There are NO Carkoon or Hoth figures anywhere at my usual stops (and that's almost 2 dozen stores!). Now I've just heard that the Genosis wave is hitting my area. DAMN! I want to collect this stuff, but not pull my hair out doing it. I'd rather Hasbro SLOW DOWN and PUT MORE PRODUCT OUT!

What I think is happening is that they are pushing these out fast and once the figs have had a shot at retail, they'll start sending out the refresh cases. At least thats' what I hope happens! I'm going to be real ****ed if I can't get Cody, Scorch or the Utapau Clone. Not neccessarily because of others buying them, but because they aren't being stocked enough to meet demand.

dashrender
02-11-2006, 11:29 PM
Heywaitaminute?!!!!! that p.o.c. Grevious figure is a "super-premium figure" now? What makes it "super"? The plastic flames? the new paint job? Ohhh, I've got it!!! It's the over-inflated price!!!:rolleyes:

I can't wait to get the clone ship and the "Hunt" battle pack though I'm dissapointed that they didn't use the #33 Clone commander body for the blue arc troopers as it looks like they did with the red.

Same thing with the "Lucas-trooper". Seems if we have to buy the VOTC figures to get one, couldn't he have been a VOTC body?

Can't wait for the "Skirmish" set either, I bet hasbro could make some sweet mulla offering those pods direct from their site!! (pods $12 or something)

I'd order a dozen or so senate pods if I could.