PDA

View Full Version : Transformers TITANIUMS?

Warstar
02-10-2006, 06:42 PM
That's news...seems like Stargate's license didn't go through or there wouldn't be demand...

So I wonder-

Does this mean die-cast Alternators- like Japan's Binaltechs- since Hasbro said a 6" line will come out?

Will the Star Wars line get die-cast Transformers, too?

That'd be pretty cool, IMHO :D

GO GO GADGET TOYFAIR 2006 QUESTIONS! :D

JediTricks
02-10-2006, 06:57 PM
My bet is it'll be more along the lines of the regular TF's size of Deluxes but new designs without gimmicks and done as metal, that'd fit the pricepoint to a "T". Alternators are plastic and already sell for $20, their metal BT counterparts would be $50 here.

I'm a little bummed about Stargate not getting in on the action, but they have less general appeal so maybe they're holding back till the line's got its legs.

Warstar
02-10-2006, 07:19 PM
True on all of those.

I have never heard of completely die-cast TF's- there's always some plastic involved- so maybe there will be new sculpts?

Good call :D

I'm excited :D

As for Stargate, well there was a toy line of it once ya know- the movie anyway. I got the Flyer from it and made it into a coach for my Shadows of the Empire Prince Xizor figure (kinda' looked like something he would pilot). I also got the furry beastie for my Tuskin Raiders (this was before the Bantha was officially released). The line also had a repaint of the GI Joe AWE Striker vehicles from the 80's, too...it died in 1996. I don't know if SG-1 has the momentum for toys, so maybe that's why Hasbro picked TF's instead.

Galactica is gaining a following like mad- maybe I WILL watch the new series...sometime. I still rather like the old series though ;)

I'm not sure we'll see a Stargate line, but I'd buy a die-cast Gate or a Flyer any day :D

*Whispers*

I'd REALLY Love to see a die-cast Moya from that good ol' show Farscape...

;)

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 04:12 AM
I should probably move this thread to another forum since these aren't SW Transformers. Or should I leave all transformers talk in this section? I dunno, late and tired.

These will probably have die cast with plastic too, the SW Titanium Series have so far.

This gallery is at BWTF.com, an SSG affiliate, and has photos of the Titaniums and Titanium Ultras:
http://69.93.119.2/photos3/showgallery.php?cat=3012

BountyHunterScum
02-17-2006, 12:07 PM
One of the TF Titaniums did catch my eye. Meister RX-8 figure.