PDA

View Full Version : Silver Foil Chase Figures...Chase What?...UGH @$%#%

rich_of_the_dead
01-05-2006, 09:01 PM
according to ee the cases will contain special chase bounty hunt figures collecting just got harder

decadentdave
01-05-2006, 10:32 PM
If the "chase" variants are just paint ops then I could care less. Between that and the holograms I have no interest in being a completist.

What the heck do you need 4 cases of each assortment for anyway? Your money, pal.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Rich- do you have a link or something? I'm not seeing this at all and i'm not sure how they're going to be "variants" or whatnot. Any additional info would be great! thanks! :)

decadentdave
01-06-2006, 12:03 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770D

Go to EE's website. It's just below the assortment breakdown on the product info page. "Assortment may contain special chase variant "Bounty Hunt" figures. "Bounty Hunt" figures are not guaranteed to appear in all assortments."

Kidhuman
01-06-2006, 12:37 AM
Great, scalpers delight. Announcing chase figures for SW. Like Cody wasnt bad enough for 1 per case....

Reefer Shark
01-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Wow. Sounds more like Mattel than Hasbro, I think they got the idea from Hot Wheels "treasure hunt" cars. Total load of crap..... This is one more straw on my back, I'm very close to giving up on Hasbro (if they weren't doing such cool troopers nowadays, I would have dropped them already)..

It was hard enough before, but now we'll have to deal with the Hot Wheels collector types, sounds like a great time :rolleyes: I just hope they dont make any Troopers or Vaders in this "Bounty Hunt" format....

decadentdave
01-06-2006, 12:43 AM
That's why Hasblo is slitting its own wrists. They continue to alienate collectors making figures harder to collect and dump pegwarmer after pegwarmer with characters we don't want (i.e. Neimodian Guard). This is exactly why I'm not collecting Hasblo's '06 line. Sideshow is where it is at!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-06-2006, 01:11 AM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=HS85770D

Go to EE's website. It's just below the assortment breakdown on the product info page. "Assortment may contain special chase variant "Bounty Hunt" figures. "Bounty Hunt" figures are not guaranteed to appear in all assortments."

ah, roger that. Tahnks for the link!!!

is there any word as to if what/how these'll be variants? anyone? Bueller?

Reefer Shark
01-06-2006, 01:12 AM
That's why Hasblo is slitting its own wrists. They continue to alienate collectors making figures harder to collect and dump pegwarmer after pegwarmer with characters we don't want (i.e. Neimodian Guard). This is exactly why I'm not collecting Hasblo's '06 line. Sideshow is where it is at!

Yeah... even though Hasbro has come a long way with the actual figures the last few years, my main SW fix is pretty much Gentle Giant.

Sideshow is looking very promising to me too. I'm thinking about dropping everything else and just concentrating on GG minibusts and SSC 12"ers.

jjreason
01-06-2006, 02:53 AM
This had better only be packaging variations. Stupid idea, Hasbro.

wedge1968
01-06-2006, 09:19 AM
I don't even understand. What does this mean?

Captain Spoon
01-06-2006, 09:32 AM
It mean Hasbro is a bunch of Tools and I am now officialy only buying master replica and sideshow items :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
01-06-2006, 09:54 AM
They should just give us what WE want, not what they feel THEY need to give us.

Slicker
01-06-2006, 12:19 PM
I don't even understand. What does this mean?From what I gather they're pretty much like the Treasure Hunt cars of the Star Wars line.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 12:53 PM
So... these are full-sized figures or pack-ins or what? I have no idea what a "Treasure Hunt car" is since I don't really pay attention to collector lingo.

Slicker
01-06-2006, 12:58 PM
I have no idea what a "Treasure Hunt car" is since I don't really pay attention to collector lingo.I myself am not 100% sure how they work the the Treasure Hunt cars from Hot Wheels are near impossible to find pack-ins. They have a limited production run making them worth lots of money.

JEDIpartner
01-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Oh. I can't be bothered with that. Just get me the regular figures, of which there are less and less that interest me.

Kidhuman
01-06-2006, 02:12 PM
I can relate it to the special pack in with the SW trading cards. These are going ot be a ***** ot find. Good thing I can hunt at 12:30 in the morning when they are stocking out.

wedge1968
01-06-2006, 03:26 PM
So there is just going to be something special included with the figures; is that correct? I am also confused by the lingo.

TheDarthVader
01-06-2006, 04:04 PM
Maybe some of the figures will be painted silver;others gold;others magenta; others purple.

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-06-2006, 05:38 PM
Well . . . I don't like the sounds of this. I'll wait until Hasbro comes out with more info before I decide whether I'll care or not.

Deoxyribonucleic
01-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Well . . . I don't like the sounds of this. I'll wait until Hasbro comes out with more info before I decide whether I'll care or not.

I like this attitude muchly ;)

However, it would be nice to know what these are very soon!

Kidhuman
01-06-2006, 09:16 PM
I have a feeling we will. THey are due out around april, and toy fare NY is right around the corner.

TheDarthVader
01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
I have a feeling we will. THey are due out around april, and toy fare NY is right around the corner.

Toyfare! I hope Hasbro shows us more figures in the new saga waves. Any other speculation as to what these might be? JT where are you?

B.
TDV

Darth Cruel
01-06-2006, 10:57 PM
Why hasn't this information been published in the trade magazines?

Kidhuman
01-07-2006, 01:03 AM
It depends on when the announcement was made. If the magazine has been issued, it will most likely be in the next edition.

As to what is gonna happen at Toyfare, who knows. Have to wait and see.

DarkArtist
01-07-2006, 12:32 PM
Chase figures ????????? this is why Hasbro needs to make an Online Club for the collectors. If these chase figures are going to be hard to find, then sell them as collectibles thru an online source.

Why can't they leave well enough alone and just make the product more readily available for all. :upset:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-07-2006, 04:11 PM
It depends on when the announcement was made. If the magazine has been issued, it will most likely be in the next edition.

As to what is gonna happen at Toyfare, who knows. Have to wait and see.
Do you mean Toy Fair? Toy Fair is the show; Toyfare is the magazine. I bet we'll find out then. I completely forgot about Toy Fair - it's in mid-February, right?

Kidhuman
01-07-2006, 04:33 PM
No need to be so literal. GOSH!!!!

JediTricks
01-08-2006, 03:07 AM
Sorry TDV, I got nuthin'.

Kidhuman
01-08-2006, 03:32 AM
I completely forgot about Toy Fair - it's in mid-February, right?

Yes, beginning to mid Feb.

abell748
01-08-2006, 04:41 AM
Why does Hasbro feel it needs to drive off all the collectors and cater to scalpers? If this chase program is legit, then I see many collectors throwing their hands up in defeat (I will). Then all that will be left is the scalper, but who will he scalp to when all the collectors are long gone? It is already shaping up to be a bad year for finding stuff, stores only having 2 to 4 pegs, only getting a case at a time, and things like Cody being 1 a case. This is the end they are committing line suicide.

Jedibill
01-08-2006, 07:06 PM
I think we all no collecting StarWars figures and ETC lines is hard enough, I myself have been thinking about giving up are just cutting back to just basic figures, Its like I went all out getting all the ROTS items and it gets down to the last 4 figures which I still have not found and these are just basic figures Im looking for. If this Treasure Hunt figure thing turns out to be true, I think this will be the Straw that broke the camels back for me,you can kiss 3-4 grand a year goodbye HASBRO.

I also seen were the Titanium figures are going to have a special pack in also.

trandoshan666
01-08-2006, 07:39 PM
Man I'm angry about this! I'm already having a devil of a time tracking down the Fett figure, and it's apparent that future waves are going to be at least as ridiculously hard to find. Now this — ugh! The jury's still out on whether to bother with these "chase" figures. This is one of those rare occasions when it's really going to pi$$ me off if I see these and like them.:sad:

TheDarthVader
01-08-2006, 07:50 PM
Yep. The titanium Vader and Fett are going to have paint variants. This sucks! I wish Hasbro would not have come up with these stupid bounty hunt figures. I already know that the differences are going to be stupid.

B.
TDV

Turbowars
01-09-2006, 12:13 AM
From JD

Apparently the hunt will be involved with the new VOTC figs. While the figs themselves will be shipped everywhere (like regular cases), certain figs will have some special type of Proof of Purchase on it. This is the Bounty Hunt. get enough of the special POPs and you can mail them in for a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure.

If this is the case I feel better now.

Kidhuman
01-09-2006, 01:38 AM
DAMMIT ALL!!! Where is the love for the MOC Collectors? This blows. On second thought, the kid likes figures and plays with them.....

TheDarthVader
01-09-2006, 01:44 PM
That still sucks because now I have to find x amount of special upcs to get that d*mn lucas in disguise figure.

B.
TDV

trandoshan666
01-09-2006, 03:53 PM
From JD

Apparently the hunt will be involved with the new VOTC figs. While the figs themselves will be shipped everywhere (like regular cases), certain figs will have some special type of Proof of Purchase on it. This is the Bounty Hunt. get enough of the special POPs and you can mail them in for a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Disguise figure.

If this is the case I feel better now.

I hope this is the case, because I won't feel compelled to hunt these down.

Slicker
01-09-2006, 06:17 PM
So all you have to do is find the the special POPs on these figures? I hope they're hidden or else you'll never find any of them except where else...eBay.

decadentdave
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
So all you have to do is find the the special POPs on these figures? I hope they're hidden or else you'll never find any of them except where else...eBay.

Yeah, otherwise all someone has to do is swap out the POP's and return them. We've seen these scams before. Hasblo never learns.

Turbowars
01-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Man oh man you guys need to read the info at RS. Basically everything is a rumor right now, but it seems as if the Bounty Hunt figures aren't new figures, they will just be in variant packaging. Adam pretty much says that on his new Q&A on GH. There's a online store that is per ordering figures with the Bounty Hunt name. Like Boba fett Bounty Hunt and AT-AT Drive Bounty Hunt. What ever I'm sure we get the 411 soon.

Kidhuman
01-09-2006, 10:55 PM
I bet you people will be ripping them off the package, they better make sure it needs a store receipt to get these.

DarkArtist
01-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I can't imagine Hasbro doing this Bounty Hunt with the POP's. I can see them doing something similiar to what Sideshow is doing where you get an exclusive accessory or stand or a paint variation. Most of the collectors would want a Lucas in disguise figure, after all look at the Jorg Sacul figure from CII. The first day of the convention some of the dealers were already selling that figure for $75+.

What I don't understand is why Hasbro won't return to the old Kenner ways in which you mailed in 3 UPC's and like $1.99 and got figure in the white mailer boxes. This was a simple way to get some of the figures and it can be used today to get these bounty hunt figures. As I have said before and posted threads about it, Hasbro needs an Online Collector's Club.

evenflow
01-13-2006, 11:30 PM
That still sucks because now I have to find x amount of special upcs to get that d*mn lucas in disguise figure.

B.
TDV

I hear that, i hope they dont make them too tough to find. I want the George in Stormtrooper gear.

Kidhuman
01-16-2006, 12:34 AM
Worse new fellas....

From another thread on the VOTC figures linked ot an auction for these on presale...quoted in the auction...

DESCRIPTION: • Irresistable product with the return of 3.75" vintage OTC! • Collect all 5 Vintage figures and mail-in for an Exclusive George Lucas figure!

The exclusive is on the VOTC and means if it is a POP thats ten bucks a pop for the figures and we have to rip them off. I know I collect carded, but ten bucks x 5 is too much for me. This blows if true.

figrin bran
01-16-2006, 01:09 AM
i've read that rumor about the mail in lucas figure. i've also read the rumors that turbo described so i guess we'll just have to wait to see which one comes to fruition.

if it's the one that KH was talking about, i'll probably buy 2 scout troopers and 2 tuskens and so there's 2 POP's i can offer to fellow SSG'ers :)

Sentinel18725
01-16-2006, 09:17 AM
Let's see what Toy fair brings. I think some good information should be coming out of there. Due to the fall of GI Joe, my collecting is purely Star Wars now ( with a few older Joe pieces).

BlueSnags
01-22-2006, 03:57 PM
Sounds like there will be 10 Bounty Hunt chase figures.

Wave 4: Darth Vader, Han Solo (w/Carbonite)
Wave 4, Rev 1: Boba Fett, Snowtrooper
Wave 4, Rev 2: AT-AT Driver, Commander Cody
Wave 4, Rev 3: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wave 4, Rev 4: General Grievous, Scorch

Hopefully the Wave 4 are the only cases containing these things. I DON'T want to see the "Bounty Hunt" figures continue. This gimmick is only going to lead to more scalpers and is NOT going to increase the number of kids/collectors buying SW.

The Hot Wheels mentality of making these (and the "Treasure Hunt" Titanium series) is sickening. How much do you want to bet we won't be seeing these anywhere in Burbank? I'm sure the various employees (and Bob the Plumber will have to get his "pre-orders" in, too) will be grabbing these before they even hit the pegs. Yippee.:rolleyes:

Kidhuman
01-23-2006, 02:42 AM
But what they hell are they for? Is it the same figures we already have? Is it something different? Are they going to be on American Idol? WTF are we hunting and why?

Deoxyribonucleic
01-23-2006, 12:06 PM
But what they hell are they for? Is it the same figures we already have? Is it something different? Are they going to be on American Idol? WTF are we hunting and why?

Here HERE! That's what I'd like to know :alien:

JEDIpartner
01-23-2006, 01:17 PM
I hope this is the case, because I won't feel compelled to hunt these down.

No doubt. That sounds completely L-A-M-E!!!!

BlueSnags
01-23-2006, 01:18 PM

Snags' Opinion:

The only thing we know is that they are variants - either actual paint variants or packaging variants with a "Bounty Hunt" mail-away offer for a George Lucas in Stormtrooper Gear Figure (most likely the latter).

We've seen the new VOTC cardbacks and there doesn't appear to be a mail-away offer on them, so the Bounty Hunt series is most likely for the Lucas figure.

Darth Cruel
01-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Sounds like there will be 10 Bounty Hunt chase figures.

Wave 4: Darth Vader, Han Solo (w/Carbonite)
Wave 4, Rev 1: Boba Fett, Snowtrooper
Wave 4, Rev 2: AT-AT Driver, Commander Cody
Wave 4, Rev 3: Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi
Wave 4, Rev 4: General Grievous, Scorch

Hopefully the Wave 4 are the only cases containing these things. I DON'T want to see the "Bounty Hunt" figures continue. This gimmick is only going to lead to more scalpers and is NOT going to increase the number of kids/collectors buying SW.

The Hot Wheels mentality of making these (and the "Treasure Hunt" Titanium series) is sickening. How much do you want to bet we won't be seeing these anywhere in Burbank? I'm sure the various employees (and Bob the Plumber will have to get his "pre-orders" in, too) will be grabbing these before they even hit the pegs. Yippee.:rolleyes:

What are you talking about, here? Are you saying these are supposed to be the Bounty Hunt figures? If so...that wouldn't make any sense. Darth Vader is only short packed in that and one other assortment. He is the second most common figure overall. In fact all of the figures you mention there are included in bigger numbers in different case assortments.

Or are you saying that these are the figures that are supposed to have the special POPs on them?

BlueSnags
01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
What are you talking about, here? Are you saying these are supposed to be the Bounty Hunt figures? If so...that wouldn't make any sense. Darth Vader is only short packed in that and one other assortment. He is the second most common figure overall. In fact all of the figures you mention there are included in bigger numbers in different case assortments.

Or are you saying that these are the figures that are supposed to have the special POPs on them?

Yeah, I got the info from a website that has the cases up for pre-order. They specify which waves come with which Bounty Hunt figures. Only the "Bounty Hunt" figures have the special POPs, or whatever the variation ends up being.

Supposedly there is only one Case Assortment with a Vader BH. All the other Vaders in other assortments are the regular version. There are even some assortments with 2 of 1 figure (like 4.3), with 1 figure (Obi-Wan) being a BH and the other 1 being a regular version.

All of this is subject to change, but that's the info that's been released so far.

jjreason
01-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Yeah, I got the info from a website that has the cases up for pre-order. They specify which waves come with which Bounty Hunt figures. Only the "Bounty Hunt" figures have the special POPs, or whatever the variation ends up being.

Supposedly there is only one Case Assortment with a Vader BH. All the other Vaders in other assortments are the regular version. There are even some assortments with 2 of 1 figure (like 4.3), with 1 figure (Obi-Wan) being a BH and the other 1 being a regular version.

All of this is subject to change, but that's the info that's been released so far.

In a perfect world, every figure listed above would have the "bounty hunt" seal on its package. The only caveat would be that you'd have to buy all 5 to send away for George - and that wouldn't be a problem for most of us. If they BH figures are one per case or some such nonsense I'm not going out of my way to hunt them down. I have a GLu figure already - and it's one of the 3 I've kept carded........ because it's useless loose.

BlueSnags
01-23-2006, 02:58 PM
In a perfect world, every figure listed above would have the "bounty hunt" seal on its package. The only caveat would be that you'd have to buy all 5 to send away for George - and that wouldn't be a problem for most of us. If they BH figures are one per case or some such nonsense I'm not going out of my way to hunt them down. I have a GLu figure already - and it's one of the 3 I've kept carded........ because it's useless loose.

I'm with you on the GL figure. I don't even want another one that bad. Being somewhat of a completist on the Saga line, I'll probably send away for one as long as I'm able to collect enough POPs. I guess Hasbro's mentality is that it's "fun" for us collectors to hunt down these one-per-case figures ...yeah... "fun"... Hasblow, you suck!

Slicker
01-23-2006, 03:29 PM
I don't know. If this concept is indeed paint variations it could be neat. It'd be like the Marvel Legends figures.

TheDarthVader
01-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Nooooooooooooo! Not paint vairants! I don't want or need any paint variants. For one, I want to continue collecting, but I am running out of room! And two, I don't want to have to buy two of a lot of figures because there is a paint variant for it. Oh boy...

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
01-23-2006, 07:13 PM
I think that the George Lucas Stormtrooper figure mail-away could still be on the new VOTC2/VTSC/whatever the hell they're called figures. The eBay auction only showed the cardback, and mind you, it was the Canadian cardback anyway. The original VOTC figures had the additional clamshell and "OTC" insert that also had the UPC on it. These new ones seem to be following suit, and we haven't seen the whole package yet.

So, there's still a heavy possibility that the George figure is obtainable through getting the new VOTC figures. I'd far prefer that to randomness. Something extra for getting the whole set, you know?

I hope these Bounty Hunt things turn out to be nothing that I'd want . . .

Kidhuman
01-24-2006, 12:53 AM
Oh crap....

The Han pike force variants....the two Vaders.....coincidence?????

BlueSnags
01-24-2006, 02:03 AM
More rumor stuff...

According to Star Wars Action News (weekly podcast thing), the VOTC is indeed going to contain the Lucas mail-away offer. The Bounty Hunt series is going to contain some kind of foil cards or foil packaging. Hopefully that is the case.

Darth Cruel
01-31-2006, 02:44 PM
More rumor stuff...

According to Star Wars Action News (weekly podcast thing), the VOTC is indeed going to contain the Lucas mail-away offer. The Bounty Hunt series is going to contain some kind of foil cards or foil packaging. Hopefully that is the case.

Got a link?

BlueSnags
01-31-2006, 04:04 PM
Got a link?

www.reviewstarwars.com (http://www.reviewstarwars.com/)

El Chuxter
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I wouldn't mind a paint variation on Scorch so that he can be Darman (or any of the Commandos from Darman's squad). But not as a rarity. And the others don't make much sense as far as paint variations go. The whole idea smells stinkowhiff.

tagmac
01-31-2006, 10:15 PM
If the chase figures are simply a difference in the packaging, that's fine with me. Even more figures for me to skip in favor of characters never made before.

Darth Cruel
02-08-2006, 03:04 PM
On a further note...the correct name of this special deal is "Ultimate Galactic Hunt" or "UGH". Henceforth we shall refer to this special deal by it's correct monicker "The UGH Figure".

Mods, if you would be so kind, please change the name of the thread to reflect the correction to the proper name. It would be preferable to use the initials for the sake of efficiency. Therefore "UGH" will suffice.

Sith Lord 0498
02-09-2006, 07:58 PM
On a further note...the correct name of this special deal is "Ultimate Galactic Hunt" or "UGH". Henceforth we shall refer to this special deal by it's correct monicker "The UGH Figure".

Mods, if you would be so kind, please change the name of the thread to reflect the correction to the proper name. It would be preferable to use the initials for the sake of efficiency. Therefore "UGH" will suffice.

Apparently, this "Ultimate Galactic Hunt" is moving beyond the basic figures. Pictures of the silver Slave 1 Titanium 3" vehicle's packaging shows the UGH sticker too.

Darth Cruel
02-10-2006, 08:45 AM
I don't collect the Titanium. Actually I only collect anything to do with the 3 3/4" or 12" lines. But I am very much looking forward to the GL Stormtrooper. I like that idea. And I also like the idea that was posted before (in the racial diversity thread) about an exclusive with James Earl Jones' face under Vader's mask.

DarkArtist
02-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Read the thread about the Hunt for Greivous battlepack and check out the star wars link. looks like this is going to be one fun ride

dindae
02-10-2006, 04:52 PM
I figured I would post the link here.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20060210.html

Let the *****ing begin!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-10-2006, 05:22 PM
This sounds kind of fun. If I get a figure with this, cool; if not, no big deal. I'm glad it's only variations on the "extras" and not the real figures, so I don't feel too obligated to get any of these.

Slicker
02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
This is something different indeed. I'm gonna try my darndest to get 'em all but if I don't I don't think I'll be overly disappointed.

BlueSnags
02-10-2006, 05:42 PM
This is something different indeed. I'm gonna try my darndest to get 'em all but if I don't I don't think I'll be overly disappointed.

If you live in LA, there will be five different ways to get them all:

1. Ebay
2. Entertainment Earth - order the whole case
3. Get a job working at Target
4. Break into Bob the Plumber's van
5. Quit your regular job and hit the stores every single night and morning (tried this method a few months ago and it actually worked pretty well...started running out of money, though).

figrin bran
02-10-2006, 05:52 PM
If you live in LA, there will be five different ways to get them all:

1. Ebay
2. Entertainment Earth - order the whole case
3. Get a job working at Target
4. Break into Bob the Plumber's van
5. Quit your regular job and hit the stores every single night and morning (tried this method a few months ago and it actually worked pretty well...started running out of money, though).

snags, you probably need to cross out #5! they'll never make it out onto the store shelves ;)

BlueSnags
02-10-2006, 05:57 PM
snags, you probably need to cross out #5! they'll never make it out onto the store shelves ;)

You're right about that.:cry:

Warstar
02-10-2006, 07:25 PM
"Treasure Hunt Basic Figures" ...gah!

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/newsID.5416B19B-D56F-E112-4E949DC07D25EEDC/default.cfm

ARGH!

I just want the ROTS Clones...

Speaking of which- notice the 2 little antenna's on the Senate Skirmish Red Clones pictured there?

Yep. The Red Shock's look to be ROTS Super-Articulated (SA) Clone 41 versions- time to hunt down that Battle Pack!

Any thoughts on the "Silver" figures?

Personally, I think Hasbro is getting nervous about their Star Wars franchise- at least until the SW TV show comes out. The whole "JOIN THE HUNT" mentality of their Spring collection makes it sound like we'll be lucky to see ANYTHING on the shelves this year...

AmanaMatt
02-10-2006, 08:04 PM
Silver figures are just lazy, IMO. I will pass on them all. I am not impressed with the Lucas figure using the older Stormtrooper body. For the money we will spend on the VOTC, this should have been the VOTC Stormie body.

2006 = the year of the rehash with occasional cool, new figure

Gause
02-10-2006, 09:33 PM
I have a few problems with the new "Ultimate Galatic Hunt" or "UGH" for short. It seems Hasbro and Lucas love to see star wars items on eBay. In the thinking that some little old lady not interested in SW is out there stocking the shelves at our local retailer then that is wrong. There are several people that I know in my area that got part time jobs at TRU and Target just for this purpose. Having the silver foil card and silver figures come to local retailers in the normal run of the mill case only to be put in the employees shopping cart is sad in my opinion. Now this is not in every area across the nation there for it is possible for some collectors to get all the figures at random but many out there don’t have any other store but a Wal-Mart. If you only have one option out there, what is there to hunt? I can’t really complain too much longer but some solutions I would like to see are…1.) Have some other option of buying these rather than buying several complete cases and/or camping 24/7 in the stores…2.) Have store managers limit the purchases of all exclusive by staff in the first 24 – 48 it’s put on the pegs (I know they can still have a friend or such buy it for them but it makes it harder for them...just like us). There is no hunt if the thing you are hunting for is extinct. Please share your thoughts on this.

Gause

Beast
02-10-2006, 09:42 PM
While I'm not really collecting at the moment, I'll chime in a bit here.

The only difference between the regular figures and the bounty hunt figures is going to be some silver foil on the card, on a special base, and on the hologram figure. If you're a loose collector, it's not going to matter two shakes for you.

Not only that, it will help strengthen the hobby on some level. It increases brand excitment for the non-collectors, which sells more figures. And honestly, these aren't going to be all that rare anyway, given the info we have about the pack-out ratio.

2 figures out of 'every' case are going to be the 'UGH' figures, right? And someone smack Hasbro for thinking 'UGH' was a good name. Anyway, that means in a case of 12, two are guarenteed sellers. And the collectors can come along and snap the rest up. It's much better than Marvel Legends where the variants are packed out in every 4th or 5th case.

For those of you who collect carded, unless you collect every card variation, you can skip these also. Especially given that some carded variations are insane expensive, and probably not part of most carded collections anyway....can we say Freeze Frame Weequey? And if you find one, then cool.... you have a prized piece for your collection that you can show off.

It also might get more stores to order more cases, due to the increase in interest in the line. Which is the same reason that Marvel Legends does variant figures. Just be glad you won't have to hunt down a special figure just to have a complete collection. Trust me, that aspect of collecting sucks. I still don't have a Dark Phoenix or Scarlet Witch yet because of that.

Lord Malakite
02-10-2006, 09:55 PM
At least it has the proper abbreviation, because it wants to make me go "UGH!":D

Darth Kev
02-10-2006, 10:08 PM
Isn't ANY time any of us go to our local stores with toy sections considered a "Galactic Hunt" considering that it's hard enough finding all of the "normal" figures in the first place so now we have to find this stuff too?

Honestly, in my area (southern CT shoreline), within my "normal" driving range that I travel looking for SW stuff; I go anywhere from Milford to Hamden, North Haven, Branford, Guilford, Old Saybrook, Waterford, and occasionally Wallingford and Cromwell (basically a 30-40 mile radius from my home); I have 8 Wal-Marts (actually 6, two of them are in heavily populated minority/crime areas and I literally fear for my life going in them), a K-Mart, 3 TRU's 2 Targets and the occasional small mall store carrying video games that rarely but occasionally has a couple or three figures for like 9.99, and a few Walgreens' that usually have pegwarmers.

Basically what I'm saying, is that NOT being able to find certain figures (blue clone trooper anyone? more recently the new Boba and Chewie--not that I need them but it's the principle) in a 30-mile radius from one's home with what I would consider a very good amount of places to look would, to me, be considered a 'Galactic Hunt.'

Most likely, GL has nothing to do with distribution and I believe the fault falls entirely on Hasbro. Considering that they're ONE whole (smallest in the Union) state over, they might just be able to feel the pain of those of us in the Nutmeg state. But noooooo.

It also puzzles me how many RotS figures were on pegs and all of a sudden they were all just gone. Except for Mon Mothma, of course.

I don't get some of their decisions. Apparently there aren't any SW collectors working for them, otherwise we'd all be happy.

/considering giving up.:upset:

TheDarthVader
02-10-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't like this idea. There are several figures that I wouldn't mind having with the special silver crap on the cards. I would probably like the silver vader (obviously), snowtrooper, cody, and maybe fett. That being stated, I still don't like this idea. The scalpers are going to be out in full force, and they might even buy the figures I need that aren't silver figures. :( This could be a very bad idea.

B.
TDV

Gause
02-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Ok...thanks for the replies..."scalpers"...something I didn't bring up due to the fact I have been one. It goes like this...You try and buy something...you can't because it's gone..so you try again...and it's gone...so someday you wake up and think...hey...Mario Cart...sounds good...then you really wake up and find every peg at (fill in your local shopping center here) is gone. Then you buy everything, and I really buy everthing...you can't have someone else making money...right? There is my point..making money. WHY DO WE COLLECT? You worry about "scalpers"...what scalpers...they are employees of the store!!!!!!Get in now?

Gause

P.S. I have the same forum on another server so yes this is the same response to those.

LTBasker
02-11-2006, 02:26 AM
I just wonder if these silver painted hologram figures will be packed randomly as well.

K M Toydarian
02-11-2006, 03:51 AM
I for one am just glad the selection of figures are not ones I really care about too much. If I find a silver, I'll be happy, but I don't feel like I will be getting many of these deliberately. I would love a silver Vader too, but I have learned to cut back on repackaged figures.
I am hoping scalpers might only look for the silver figs so that we can at least easily get the new figs in a timely manner. Sometimes a false demand is created by scalpers who buy up all of a certain character. Maybe these UGH figures will be a nice distraction from the others I really want.

El Chuxter
02-11-2006, 09:15 AM
My only concern is that this will mean one (or possibly more) less normal figure in a case. For someone like Scorch, who's shortpacked and on everyone's want list, that can be a problem.

wedge1968
02-11-2006, 09:27 AM
Ok, I am a bit confused (a normal state for me). The figures themselves will not be silver, just the packaging and the holo figure? If that is the case, I will sleep better tonight. That is certainly a who cares scenario for me.

Am I right, or are they going to be silver figures like the ones they suckered us into earlier (Vader, Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper, R2)?

CooLJoE
02-11-2006, 09:53 AM
This UGH thing, the silver chase figures, and the entire figure line being rehashes are all reasons on my list for why I stopped collecting 3.5" figs. Its just too much work for a hobby that is suppose to be fun. And rehashes with silverfoil carded figs is just stupid. I feel bad for MOMC completist collectors since it means they have to buy double, triple, quadruple, etc of figures they already have all because Hasbro decided to put them out on a new card (and in some cases, a silver foil card, which means they have to buy 2 from this year's collection).

I'll stick with props/replicas, and the occasional 12" fig.

Samuel Windu
02-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Ok, I am a bit confused (a normal state for me). The figures themselves will not be silver, just the packaging and the holo figure? If that is the case, I will sleep better tonight. That is certainly a who cares scenario for me.

Am I right, or are they going to be silver figures like the ones they suckered us into earlier (Vader, Stormtrooper, Clone Trooper, R2)?

No,the figures just are repack.Bad idea always:twisted:
I probably only just get the boba:bandit:

jaxx
02-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Here's the 411 on what's going on with the "UGH" figures. Follow the link.

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/hasbro/news20060210.html

Just as most of you know, the figures are NOT metallic.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2006, 11:31 AM
It seems to me that the figures are normal but their packages, bases, and holograms are silver.

DarkArtist
02-11-2006, 12:18 PM
That's what was under the impression of that only the holo figures were going to be silver painted. Also I wonder if the Lucas Trooper Figure will be shipped carded or loose in a white box ?
I hope it's carded, especially since it's in the VOTC line, they could just use the Stormtrooper card back already made for the 1st VOTC wave.

wedge1968
02-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Great. That is one less thing that I have to worry about this year. I thought the figures were silver, but if it is just the other stuff, I couldn't care less.

jjreason
02-11-2006, 05:42 PM
I'd be very surprised if it came carded. He's got little white box written all over him.

Slicker
02-11-2006, 05:49 PM
I'd be very surprised if it came carded. He's got little white box written all over him.Especially since they're only getting you to pay $50 for it.:rolleyes: I would really have to hope that they wouldn't give him the ol' POTF2 white box treatment.

pegger
02-11-2006, 05:52 PM
Especially since they're only getting you to pay $50 for it.:rolleyes: I would really have to hope that they wouldn't give him the ol' POTF2 white box treatment.

Well - they're giving him the POTF2 helmet (judging by the pics) ... why not the white box...

Turbowars
02-11-2006, 08:45 PM
The Treasure Hunt figures with be on a card with Silver foil Graphics and will include a regular figure, a vac-metal base and a silver Holo figure on the back. The best thing of it all is that they are packed 2 per case in 5 different case assortments. So to get all 10 chase figures you need to find all 5 different wave 4 cases. Now doesn't that sound like a mighty fun time?

Hey Hasbro You can kiss my blankity blank blank!!!!!! I'm giving you the finger right now Hasbro.

I wonder if all you Hasbro sympathizers appreciate this one?:yes: That's if you do want the Chase figures.

Gause
02-12-2006, 02:24 AM
Wedge1968 and those others that don't know. There will be 10 Foil figures that are packaged 2 per case...that could be 2 Vader or 2 different figures. The 10 figures are named at starwars.com but that is not the point. My point was when does Hasbro except the fact store employees are the ones buying all the exclusives not "US" the collector? One example is I waited 45 minutes for the Target Lava Vader with my 2 kids...store opens and only after all the adults go though does the manager offer my kids the coupon for the Vader. Yes, I did get 3 Lava Vader’s and did in fact sell 2 of those for little profit. Target has rules in my area now about asking anyone stocking the shelves for the average person. Well that would be great if the anyone that was working the store didn't collect SW! My only point was does Hasbro and Lucas owe those collectors that can't or don't have the resources to collect this crap?

Gause

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 04:26 AM
I think if this helps keep the line from caving in on itself and halting production, I'll accept it. The figures are the same toys, so really it's just the MOC completists who are going to feel the burn on these - maybe that'll make being a completist no fun, I can understand that (though they seem like they could be a fun challenge), but when I broke with completism it was like a weight off my shoulders and collecting was WAY more fun, so maybe it'll break some completists of a habit they didn't really enjoy and they can get back to collecting just what they like.

And honestly, I don't think these look all that bad really, it's a sharp new presentation of the current line.

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 04:36 AM
Hello, welcome to the THIRD thread about the stupid UGH line! (Man does that name work perfectly for that! :D) I'm urgin' for a thread-mergin'...

Slicker
02-12-2006, 06:43 AM
And honestly, I don't think these look all that bad really, it's a sharp new presentation of the current line.It may breathe new life into the line. I just hope that they don't go overboard and start making the chase figs one per however many cases. Then it'll start getting not fun.

Jargo
02-12-2006, 10:26 AM
what a big stinking pile of poop. Ooooh silver - shiney!

A fool and his money..........

DarthQuack
02-12-2006, 05:36 PM
A fool and his money..........

are NEVER parted.....

Fluke Skywalker
02-13-2006, 02:48 AM
Needle :upset: , this is Haystack :mad: . Haystack :mad: , this is Needle :upset: .

JEDIpartner
02-13-2006, 09:59 AM
Whee... more doses of "stupid" from Hasblah.

jjreason
02-13-2006, 10:06 AM
The problem as I see it: it's easy to sit here and bash Hasbro for putting them out, and yell in distaste about the whole concept behind the product - it's very hard NOT to buy the item in the store, for fear that you're missing out on something "trade worthy" or "potentially valuable". I'm willing to go on record here and say that I WILL NOT buy any of these - in hopes of letting Hasbro know how much I hate the whole idea. Of course they're going to sell like hotcakes though, so what myself and/or a few of us decide to do isn't going to change things much. They'll sell, hence Hasbro is going to keep doing this. I encourage everyone who hates these to leave them on the pegs.

JEDIpartner
02-13-2006, 11:50 AM
And then there are people who are just going to buy them despite the fact that they have no idea that these are special chase figures.

jjreason
02-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Yeah, it's official - those people can't be helped. :D

stad
02-13-2006, 04:50 PM
The problem as I see it: it's easy to sit here and bash Hasbro for putting them out, and yell in distaste about the whole concept behind the product - it's very hard NOT to buy the item in the store, for fear that you're missing out on something "trade worthy" or "potentially valuable". I'm willing to go on record here and say that I WILL NOT buy any of these - in hopes of letting Hasbro know how much I hate the whole idea. Of course they're going to sell like hotcakes though, so what myself and/or a few of us decide to do isn't going to change things much. They'll sell, hence Hasbro is going to keep doing this. I encourage everyone who hates these to leave them on the pegs.

I'll buy every single one I find. I'm quite sure the one, maybe two cases each store around me might stock, are not going to get me all of the figures, and that's even if I was the only one looking to buy them. I'm not sure I like the idea behind the figures, but the packaging, with all of the extras, sure looks nice!

jjreason
02-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Looking at the Target Grievous figure's carded pics, I think he might be on one of the UGH cards with the foil lettering. Hard to tell, but that would make sense.

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 10:31 PM
He is without a doubt an UGH. (At least thats what my reaction is when i see it)

dindae
02-15-2006, 10:05 AM
Well I was happy to find out that these were no silver figures but just packaging variations. I know myself well enough that I would find 1 or 2 and then feel compelled to get them all. But now I won't even bat an eye.

jjreason
02-15-2006, 10:50 AM
Well I was happy to find out that these were no silver figures but just packaging variations. I know myself well enough that I would find 1 or 2 and then feel compelled to get them all. But now I won't even bat an eye.

Me too, and I'm really quite relieved about the whole thing.

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm willing to go on record here and say that I WILL NOT buy any of these - in hopes of letting Hasbro know how much I hate the whole idea.

Uh, you're in Canada. Duh. Did you forget Hasbro will never send the good stuff your way? Didn't you really mean to say: "I'm willing to go on record here and say that I WILL NOT ask any of my friends in the states to pick these up on my behalf - in hopes of letting Hasbro know how much I hate the whole idea."

:p

pegger
02-15-2006, 02:35 PM
Uh, you're in Canada. Duh. Did you forget Hasbro will never send the good stuff your way? Didn't you really mean to say: "I'm willing to go on record here and say that I WILL NOT ask any of my friends in the states to pick these up on my behalf - in hopes of letting Hasbro know how much I hate the whole idea."

All I can say to this is : HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFLMAO!

jjreason
02-15-2006, 03:34 PM
That IS funny - but I suspect there will be UGH figures in Canada at some point.

Lazer Brain
02-16-2006, 11:26 AM
well , i will probably go with the catch and release program here, get the figures and if i find a silver replace it in my collection and return the regular figure to the wild.
later

JEDIpartner
02-16-2006, 12:14 PM
That IS funny - but I suspect there will be UGH figures in Canada at some point.

I look at what's left on the pegs everytime I go look for figures and say "ugh"! :yes:

Luuuuuuke
02-16-2006, 05:45 PM
How many people out there buy every single variation of the same exact damned figure over and over again? I'm not even talking about actual different versions of the same character--I'm talking about just package differences.
It's no different. This isn't an inspired promotion, grant it. But when you consider how many people waste money over different packaging, at least this comes with a different hologram too. If I see one, I'll buy it, but I won't go Ahab looking for it.

Kidhuman
02-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I look at what's left on the pegs everytime I go look for figures and say "ugh"! :yes:

I made that noise both times at Target and WM today. UGH!!!!!

timmae
02-16-2006, 06:10 PM
i'm with lazerbrain. i'm getting the figures i want. if i see a foil, i will get it and take back the reg. if i see a foil of a figure i do not want it will stay on the pegs. it's another banana in the tailpipe trick :rolleyes: (like the holos)

Kidhuman
02-16-2006, 06:16 PM
The only thing that is peeking my interest is what the holos will look like.

Slicker
02-17-2006, 05:48 AM
The only thing that is peeking my interest is what the holos will look like.I'm almost afraid to see 'em. They'll probably look like the little SW chess pieces that came with the chess board.

JEDIpartner
02-17-2006, 09:02 AM
I made that noise both times at Target and WM today. UGH!!!!!

True dat, boyeeeee!!!! :p

I think the holograms are just going to be the ones that we already have but painted silver or vac-metalised.

Darth Cruel
02-19-2006, 09:06 AM
From the Star Wars Site - "these will be prized variations for the die-hard Star Wars collector."

HaHaHaHaHaHaHAHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa - I have been collection variations since they first re-carded Lando Calrissian onto the green POTS2 cards. For the first time EVER...I will be passing on a variation.