PDA

View Full Version : SDCC Exclusive?????

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 12:03 AM
I wonder if it will be on hand or a pre-order.

Turbowars
02-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Dude you need to put a question mark on the title, because I **** when saw it! I know it's going to be the shocktrooper, but I hope not.

edit....
I thought I was posting in the GG thread. I have no idea what the SDCC SS figure will be.

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 05:30 PM
LOL - Sorry about that! How do you know it will be the Shock Trooper? That WILL BE COOl if it is the case. And I wonder what the exclusive Item will be, the paint deco maybe?

I was stoked when I read that Sideshow is talking about wanting the armored figures to be done right after casting doubts in the very beginning that any armored figures would even be done.

Kidhuman
02-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Question marks added. I also thought it was being announced what it was and all.....

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 03:46 AM
Turbo's mention of the shocktrooper is about GG, I believe, not SSC.

I hope the exclusive is something paltry like a repaint or another pointless accessory like the battledroid head or palps holo.

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2006, 09:33 AM
I think it will be Anakin Skywalker with Sith eyes. In the Sideshow interview posted at Rebelscum, Tom Gilliland (one of Sideshow's top guys) responded "Keep your eyes and ears at the ready" when asked when we'd see Sith eyes in the 12" line.

AmanaMatt
02-12-2006, 09:47 AM
That could be it....damn, I may have to fly to Ca to get it....good time to visit the folks, though.

:D

Darth Cruel
02-20-2006, 07:42 AM
I think it will be Anakin Skywalker with Sith eyes. In the Sideshow interview posted at Rebelscum, Tom Gilliland (one of Sideshow's top guys) responded "Keep your eyes and ears at the ready" when asked when we'd see Sith eyes in the 12" line.

I would hate to see them waste a release on a character that is already done (albiet without the "Sith eyes"). There are too few releases and they are too far between to be doing a second version of an already released character. To me, that would smack of Hasbro's doing Luke Skywalker to death.

On the other hand, this version could help me get my Jedi Luke. Hmmmm..............

Sith Lord 0498
02-20-2006, 09:12 AM
I would hate to see them waste a release on a character that is already done (albiet without the "Sith eyes"). There are too few releases and they are too far between to be doing a second version of an already released character. To me, that would smack of Hasbro's doing Luke Skywalker to death.

On the other hand, this version could help me get my Jedi Luke. Hmmmm..............

By and large, I think the majority of collectors would be just fine with the idea of a convention exclusive being an already-"released" figure with a slightly different paint deco.

Can you imagine the uproar if the convention exclusive was a brand-new figure that many people wouldn't be able to get???

Darth Cruel
02-20-2006, 09:34 AM
By and large, I think the majority of collectors would be just fine with the idea of a convention exclusive being an already-"released" figure with a slightly different paint deco.

Can you imagine the uproar if the convention exclusive was a brand-new figure that many people wouldn't be able to get???

That is a good point, but any figure they do will be a brand new figure that few will be able to get (in fact, even the normal releases fall into this catagory). Even if it is a different version of an character already done as a 12" figure. I guess it just all depends on what each person would like to see done next and not everyone will agree in that area. I am for waiting to do multiple versions of a character until all of the prominant characters at least get one chance at a plastic representation. I might prioritize a new Anakin version before...say...a background character like Sgt Dooallyn, but not before a background character like...say...Greedo. Unless They do an armored Darth Vader with the sith eyes painted on his charred face under the Helmet. THAT I could get behind!

On the other hand, I suppose the Jedi do need SOMEONE, ANYONE to oppose them and if it has to be pre-armor Darth Vader, then so be it. I would hope they name him Darth Vader, though, and not "Sith eyes" or even "Sith", or "Evil", or "Mustafar Duel" Anakin Skywalker (fortunately I give Sideshow more credit for class than that).

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Sounds like Sith eyed Vader will be the exclusive for the SDCC. If you are able to go you can preorder it and then pick him up at the show. Very good thinking. I just wish GG would WAKE THE #$@% UP and do as SS does!.

Darth Cruel
02-24-2006, 08:05 PM
TW - Where did you get this info from?

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 08:10 PM
From JD Sideshow SW 12" Update.

The folks at Sideshow Collectibles (http://sideshow.directtrack.com/z/12943/CD996) were kind enough to pass along some info about their 12" Star Wars figure plans for 2006.

The plan calls for roughly ten 12" Star Wars figures to be released this year. That number would include the SDCC exclusive figure. The figures will fit into five categories: Order of the Jedi, Heroes of the Rebellion, Lords of the Sith, Military, and Scum & Villainy. With 6 figures revealed so far (5 Jedi and 1 Rebel) and 1 variant planned for SDCC 2006, that leaves a few more announcements yet to come!

On the topic of that previously mentioned SDCC 2006 exclusive, Sideshow has confirmed that the figure will not be a new unique figure, but rather a legitimate variation of an existing character. Also, Sidshow has confirmed that they plan to allow pre-orders of the SDCC exclusive via their website prior to the show. That way, fans can pick up the exclusive 12" figure at the Sideshow booth at their leisure without having to stand in long lines to buy. Good news for those who plan on attending SDCC as it's one less line to stand in!

Finally, it sounds like the release date for the very first 12" figure, Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker, should be set for April 2006. Sideshow recently updated their website (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=21041&type=store) with some brand new final production photos of Luke so be sure to head over and check them out!

Stay tuned for more details on the Sideshow 12" Star Wars figure line, we'll pass them along when we have them! http://www.jedidefender.com/images/back.gif (http://www.jedidefender.com/index.php)

Jaina Solo
02-26-2006, 12:08 AM
From past experience with Sideshow's Buffy line, their SDCC exclusives tend to be different versions of already released characters, so Sith Eyed Anakin sounds like a good bet to me. For what my opinion's worth. :)

Darth Cruel
02-26-2006, 08:58 AM
Yeah, Sideshow confirmed that it would be a variation (see above posts), and that mixed with the fact that none of the other figures really make for a variation kinda narrows the possibilities to the Sith Eyes Anakin. Too bad. But I will be all over it.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 07:35 PM
The timing also means it has to be one they're ready to go forward with by SDCC in July which probably leaves out Han, Kit, and Mace. What can you do to change Luke? Nothing that isn't in the set. What can you do with Obi-Wan? Maybe burn the edges of his cloak or give him the Ep 2 head which seems kinda unlikely but not impossible I suppose (if so, they'd need to do his Ep 2 saber as well). So Anakin Sith Eyes seems like the frontrunner, just change his eye paint and add some dark circles underneath and you're good to go. They could also do Anakin burnt I suppose but that does seem like a very extreme variant.

jedibear
02-26-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm hoping it's the Anakin "Sith Eyes" one for two very selfish reasons...

I'm not that interested in this particular variation & it'll snap any notion I may have had about becoming a completist for this line
...And...I REALLY don't want a convention exclusive to be a brand-new character those of us who don't attend the show have almost zero chnace of obtaining.

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 03:55 AM
Just don't be a completist then, especially on all the wacky variations, they know you guys are hooked, they exploit this - take that power away from them, enjoy collecting more by getting only the stuff you want.

As for new character, it won't be, don't worry about that, that's been covered - they said they won't do that for an exclusive.

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Just don't be a completist then, especially on all the wacky variations, they know you guys are hooked, they exploit this - take that power away from them, enjoy collecting more by getting only the stuff you want.

As for new character, it won't be, don't worry about that, that's been covered - they said they won't do that for an exclusive.

I...I cant...I CAN"T TAKE THAT POWER AWAY FROM THEM!!!! I AM SO ASHAMED!!!!!!!

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 05:24 PM
I...I cant...I CAN"T TAKE THAT POWER AWAY FROM THEM!!!! I AM SO ASHAMED!!!!!!!
They have you now!

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 08:57 PM
Yep...and I will probably order all of the Meicom ones as well. I got it bad!

Darth Cruel
03-02-2006, 02:25 PM
I called Sideshow today for a different topic. But when the Lady asked me if there was anything else she could do for me, I said "No, unless you wouldn't mind giving me a little inside scoop on the next Star Wars figure to be announced". She just laughed at me (good-naturedly).

Darth Cruel
03-17-2006, 08:31 PM
I would really like to see General Obi-Wan in Clone armor as the SDCC exclusive. So let it be written, so let it be done!

AmanaMatt
03-18-2006, 08:37 PM
I would really like to see General Obi-Wan in Clone armor as the SDCC exclusive. So let it be written, so let it be done!

I would love to see that, too. I could handle Sith eyes Anakin, but I could not handle Obi Wan with battle damaged Jedi cloak, or something lame like that.

evenflow
03-20-2006, 11:55 AM
Whatever the exclusive is, i really hope i am able to get one somehow because ther eis no way i can make it to SDCC.

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I just got off of the phone with Sideshow and got a little more info about getting the SDCC exclusive.

1) If you are going to Comicon, order one of the exclusives during the pre-order.

2) If you are not going to Comicon, there will be (as I posted before) 10% of the exclusives available for ordering to be shipped. Please use some integrity and only order from the 10% if you know you are not going to Comicon.

3) If you are not going to Comicon and you do not get in on the 10% available to be shipped, GET ON THEY WAIT LIST! All orders that are to be delivered at Comicon that do not get picked up there WILL BE CANCELLED AND AWARDED TO THE WAIT LIST!

4) Keep in mind that if you order one to be picked up at Comicon, YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE WAIT LIST AT THE SAME TIME THAT YOU HAVE AN ACTUAL ORDER IN.

Edit - I am also very curious to find out if this "legitimate variation" will include a regular edition release as well. I have request in to Sideshow for that info.

evenflow
03-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Well the info is good, but 10% can't be that much. I really hope to get in on it. I am loving this line, it has become my #1.

Turbowars
03-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Edit - I am also very curious to find out if this "legitimate variation" will include a regular edition release as well. I have request in to Sideshow for that info. I doubt it. There would be no reason to. Why would they make a big deal about it being a SDCC exclusive and then sell it nation wide? I just doen't think it will happen. Next time you talk to SSC get some taster info like what the next figure will be.:yes:

Darth Cruel
03-21-2006, 09:55 AM
I doubt it. There would be no reason to. Why would they make a big deal about it being a SDCC exclusive and then sell it nation wide? I just doen't think it will happen. Next time you talk to SSC get some taster info like what the next figure will be.:yes:

I ask them every time I call or email them. They always give me the same response...a hearty belly-laugh.

Darth Cruel
06-28-2006, 02:27 PM
I got my notice today that Sideshow will start charging credit cards for the SDCC exclusive Anakin on July 3.

Reefer Shark
06-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Got my notice too. (plus my notice for Dream Warriors Freddy Krueger)

Can't wait for SDCC now!

Darth Cruel
06-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I got my notice today that Sideshow will start charging credit cards for the SDCC exclusive Anakin on July 3.

Has anyone who ordered under the NON-Attendee status recieved a warning on their's yet?

stillakid
06-29-2006, 10:54 AM
What is the Hasbro SDCC exclusive this year?

Darth Cruel
06-29-2006, 10:59 AM
What is the Hasbro SDCC exclusive this year?

They are just bringing a wish penny...to throw in the fountain to wish they had done the 12" line right in the first place.

stillakid
06-29-2006, 11:16 AM
They are just bringing a wish penny...to throw in the fountain to wish they had done the 12" line right in the first place.

Will it have a special cardback or just loose?

Darth Cruel
06-29-2006, 11:19 AM
Will it have a special cardback or just loose?

LOL...It will be the rumored coin that is coming on the 3 3/4" figures for the 30th annivesary line next year.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2006, 03:46 PM
No notice from Sideshow yet, but my bank account shows the payment having been taken...Sith Eyes Anakin is mine!

Sith Lord 0498
07-03-2006, 07:38 PM
No notice from Sideshow yet, but my bank account shows the payment having been taken...Sith Eyes Anakin is mine!

Are you sure it was Vader? Maybe it was Kit Fisto (if you ordered him that is).

Darth Cruel
07-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Are you sure it was Vader? Maybe it was Kit Fisto (if you ordered him that is).

I am sure it is Anakin for a few reasons. 1) Sideshow sent out a warning that we would be charged for Anakin starting on the 3rd. 2) They sent a warning that Kit was on his way to the wherehouse, but NOT that we would be charged for him soon, and 3) The amount that was taken out of my account was correct for Anakin + tax and no shipping, but incorrect for Kit + tax + shipping.

Turbowars
07-04-2006, 10:03 AM
I'm 100% sure it's Vader.

Sith Lord 0498
07-04-2006, 10:34 AM
I am sure it is Anakin for a few reasons. 1) Sideshow sent out a warning that we would be charged for Anakin starting on the 3rd. 2) They sent a warning that Kit was on his way to the wherehouse, but NOT that we would be charged for him soon, and 3) The amount that was taken out of my account was correct for Anakin + tax and no shipping, but incorrect for Kit + tax + shipping.

Is yours the Attendee or Non-Attendee version?

Turbowars
07-04-2006, 10:53 AM
If Vader is being charged now (July 3rd - the 6th which GG stated) It's the Attendee version. The Non-Attendee version will be charged after the SDCC at the end of the Month.

Darth Cruel
07-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Is yours the Attendee or Non-Attendee version?

Attendee, I live way too close to miss the Con.

evenflow
07-05-2006, 04:45 PM
I have not gotten my e-mail yet (non-attendee) but see that Kit Fisto has used the force on my credit card balance :)

Darth Cruel
07-05-2006, 05:07 PM
I have not gotten my e-mail yet (non-attendee) but see that Kit Fisto has used the force on my credit card balance :)

That would mean that Kit hit the wharehouse two weeks ahead of schedule...COOL!

Sith Lord 0498
07-05-2006, 06:43 PM
That would mean that Kit hit the wharehouse two weeks ahead of schedule...COOL!

Well of course he did!!! He's a Nautolan. He just swam ahead of that slow boat from China!!! :) :)

Darth Cruel
07-14-2006, 12:40 PM
I just submitted a news report about Sideshow contacting the wait list for the SDCC exclusive Darth Vader: Sith Apprentice. Watch those emails wait list members!