PDA

View Full Version : SSG Toy Fair coverage of Hasbro basic figures!

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 04:07 PM
If you didn't read the title for some reason, this thread is about SSG's coverage of the New York Toy Fair, specifically Hasbro's 3.75" basic figures, which can be viewed here:

The Saga Collection 3" Basic Figures (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4639)

Today's addition includes 120 photos, and SSG will be covering more throughout the Toy Fair event.

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 04:08 PM
WOW! First picture I saw was of 3PO, and he has KNEES!!! REAL ARTICULATED KNEES!!! Yeaaaahhh!!!

Beast
02-11-2006, 04:16 PM
WOW! First picture I saw was of 3PO, and he has KNEES!!! REAL ARTICULATED KNEES!!! Yeaaaahhh!!!
Egad, he does. Best C-3PO figure ever! :)

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 04:28 PM
I think you may be right about that claim.

R5-D4 looks really nice. Is that Chief Chirpa? I get all my Ewoks confused, but he looks good too. That Luke rehash looks very nice IMO.

LTBasker
02-11-2006, 04:46 PM
3PO- Awesome, only took 11 years but hey, awesome!
Ewok- Cool.
R5- Yay, rejoice.
Death Star Gunner- Removeable vest!
Momaw, Arcona- Cool.
VOTC Luke- They...really need to repose him for TF.
VOTC Han- All new it looks like, but he looks like he's got some major gut going on.
VOTC Biker Scout- NEW HELMET SCULPT. So...100% perfect IMO.
VOTC Greedo- Cool...
Rest of the new figures- Cool.
Rereleases- Meh.

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 04:47 PM
I really like the trunk that comes with Tattooine Luke. And it is cool that it appears that the lightsaber hilt fits into the lid of the trunk. I wonder if the Obi-Wan saber is removeable.

And I hope that hat fits better in than it appears to.

The VOTC Scout Trooper's head looks pretty good in these photos. I hope that is the way it is when we open them.

Did anyone else see the number 13 on Lando's force pike?

I suggest a psychotic scramble for the VOTC X-Wing Pilot Luke while he has the Vader lightsaber on his belt. If they fix that...it'll be worth a fortune.

The Death Star Gunner has his left hand in a trigger-pulling pose. Do we dare hope for a Gunner's Station? If not, I guess I can use the gun pod from the AOTC Clone Pilot (how pathetic would that be?).

I was desparately hoping to see the Rebel Sentry. I have dreamed of this figure since I was 13 years old. The wait is killing me. And Hasbro better get it right. I can live with the miter cuts for elbows, but he better have minimum articulation like the AT-AT driver. If he does...I'll be good with that.

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 04:49 PM
That Death Star Gunner blew my mind.

Jerjerrod looks iffy, but he could work out.

I like the trunk with Luke too, I bet the obi-wan saber is removable, cheaper to use the actual accessory than multiple paint masks on the piece I suspect.

Slicker
02-11-2006, 04:53 PM
I like the trunk with Luke too, I bet the obi-wan saber is removable, cheaper to use the actual accessory than multiple paint masks on the piece I suspect.It appears as if it is. If you look above Ben's saber there's a slot that appears to be for Luke's saber.

Chief Chirpa looks great as does the unexpected Death Star Gunner.

3PO with chair. One of the best figures coming out.

Things are lookin' really good.

Battle Droid
02-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Why does Lushros Dofine's stand say Neimoidian Pilot?

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 05:02 PM
Because that is what he is. That is how he has been identified since the original word of the figure coming out.

Battle Droid
02-11-2006, 05:03 PM
Yeah but the card has Lushros Dofine on it.

It makes no sense, he's not a pilot anyway.

Turbowars
02-11-2006, 05:05 PM
LOL Last year at the SDCC The Hasbro Reps said a bendable Knee 3PO would never happen. AWESOME

R5 looks like he's based on the Old VOTC R2-- Very nice!

I love Greedo, he really looks great!

I'm happy with about 80% what I see. Not bad.

Darth Cruel
02-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Yeah, I agree that things look pretty good. Standardized super-articulation is still a little in the future apparently, but we have some very good figures coming at us.

bigbarada
02-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Wasn't there supposed to be a new Battle Poncho Luke in the "Battle of Endor" wave? I didn't see him in any of the pictures.

Hooray for Chief Chirpa and the breakable-... I mean bendable-knees C=3P0!!:D

jjreason
02-11-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm nearly speechless after seeing the pic of the Death Star Gunner. Holy moly, that's a wicked figure!

Oh, and Hem Dazon's base says Dem Hazon! Am I confused about the proper name of this character, or is that a typo???

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2006, 06:49 PM
C-3PO with knees and chair . . . HOLY GOD YES!!!!!!

It looks like the Death Star Gunner has a removable chestplate. Sweeeeeeet.

I love all of Luke's accessories. Very cool.

Jerjerrod looks a little stiff, but I like the face sculpt.

The Grievous repaint looks killer, I'll definitely get it.

If those extra Carkoon figures are from a Battlepack, it's odd that they're reissuing Han while he's still in stores. Same goes for Boba.

Overall, this is going to be a great couple of months!

Reverend Strone
02-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Wow- so much for it being a cheap year for me. There are a number of figures here that I had written off, but now, seeing these fabulous pictures, I'm going to have to reconsider and buy the things dangit.

Luke Tatooine is one. That trunk accessory is too cool to pass up for a diorama builder like me. Maybe I can customise my old Luke Tatooine/s now that this one looks so much better?

Chief Chirpa might just be the best Ewok figure to date, and a bendable kneed 3PO is just too cool to pass up! :)

Jerjerrod may not be the most exciting figure, but I'm pleased with Hasbro for giving him to us all the same. I never expected him to be made- especially not in the same year as Veers. He'll make a great addition to the Imperial Officer ranks.

Great to see Foul Modama is appropriately large. I was worried by earlier Entertainment Earth pictures that had him comped in with the rest of that wave and made him appear quite short. Good to see those comps weren't to scale after all.

Hem Dazon! Awesome! Curious about his name, but I heard a rumour there was another Arcona in the EU by that name, so perhaps that explains it.

R5 and Momaw Nadon look great- no surprises there after the earlier pics of those two characters. They looked good then, so this just confirms to me how badly I want them.

Cody and the Utapau Clone are slightly awkward, but I'll be buying them nonetheless, to populate my Utapau collection display. :)

I would agree with a previous poster too- those loose Carkoon figures must be from the Demise of Boba Fett Battle Pack. Another pass for me. Why buy them again? Good for kids mind.

Markimus
02-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Great to see pictures from the toy fair on this site !! Very Nice !

DarthQuack
02-11-2006, 08:43 PM
I'm excited about the Ewok as horrible as that may sound, but it's about time we got some good looking Ewokage. Bring on a new village as well!!!

Devo
02-11-2006, 09:08 PM
1st observation on the figures - they aren't put together right. Jerrjerrod's arm is hanging off, Han solo's head looks like its been surgically transplanted and the death star gunners hand is also coming off. Whose responsible for that? Give him a talking to.

The vehicles -

rehashes as forewarned. Mace's starfighter is welcome I guess, I'll buy it, they're cool ships. Vader's TIE seems a bit too soon after the last one. I'm not sure if this is another new repaint or not but it looks OK I s'pose. Not sure I'd bother with it.

Vintage Saga collection -

The Biker scout looks superb. How nice to find that the POTJ head isn't being reused as really looked to be the case in those Yodasnews photos. As many as I can get depending on how expensive they end up being.

Han Endor looks to have one of the best likenesses we've ever seen in this scale - anyone disagree? Thought the in package shot looked good and this confirms it for me. I hope it doesn't lose this in mass production. His hand poses look a bit plain action-figure style. The soft goods coat looks crap - no surprise there I suppose. The figure underneath looks good though so it'll at least be great for endor scenes without the coat and on the Mon Cal. cruiser. I'm happy with this one. 3 or 4 for me.

Luke is badly posed - really not flattering. Don't like the head sculpt but its a Luke figure so what else is new. Other than that its good. The ball-joint shoulders make them a bit bulky but in this case I don't think we can have our cake and eat it. 1 or 2.

Greedo - This figure with a plastic vest is the definive Greedo...if you needed one. The commtech one is fine for me. I'll buy 1 of these because I'm a hopelessly sad fool. It'll free up some rodians for the Jabba Docking bay 94 scene.

Tusken - embarrassing. Come on display people at least try to de-puff that robe with a bit of hand manipulation. What are you on?!!? 1 at most.

The Saga collection Basic figures -

C-3PO - gets feck all attention compared with R2 so its good to have him for a change. Better still to have one with bendable knees, the ROTS head sculpt and an ewok throne. 2 or 3 for me. (I don't need that many thrones but the next time Hasbro decide to reissue a 3PO it might be a crappy one)

Chief Chirpa - cool. Well as cool as an ewok can be anyway. I'll have 1. I don't do ewok scenes.

R5-D4 - thats how to do it. I'll have 1 and whatever repaints Hasbro put out in the future.

Luke tatooine poncho - can't judge how tall/short this figure is but it looks good. If its the right size I might buy up to 4.

Momaw Nadon - great I'll take one.

Foul Moudama - Now couldn't they have sculpted proper lightsaber holding hands?? Whats that a big clump of glue keeping the saber in place?? Its a silly looking alien in even sillier boots but I'll take 1.

Death star Gunner - Very cool looking. But after Veers I'd be a bit worried about there being no 'back' on that armour. One can't tell from the photos. However it won't be a major kick in the teeth in this case. This gunner will be good for both ANH and JEDI. Awesome. I'll have a few.

Sandtrooper - why the commtech body again? Why the commtech legs? The left arm looks to have full articulation but the the right again looks like its from the commtech. And of course the commtech head. Could be worse, needn't have been as underwhelming as this though. 1 I suppose.

Yoda - Geonosis wave presumably. And completely s***. Worst possible choice for a Yoda rehash. I'd take POTF2 over this.

Utapua trooper - Nice. Not as mad on ROTS clones as everyone else here so I'm not sure if its accurate or not but it looks good to me. If I can get some I will.

Jerrjerrod - :cry: he can't kneel. And the likeness is crap. I can't blame them for the latter as its a 3 3/4" figure and that actor isn't the most distinctive looking chap. The lack of knee articulation is annoying in his particular case though. The boots are just about high enough to put in some Dooku style knee articulation. Missed opportunity. So he's left being rather bland. However I will not be boycotting this figure - he will fill out the imperial ranks a bit. 2 will do me.

Cody - Again not mad on ROTS clones and never got the hysteria over this guy. Seems alright if not the benchmark for articulation that people were hoping for. 2 or 3.

Coruscant fire pilot - Great figure of an almost useless ''character''. When Hasbro do so well on figures like this I can understand people's anger that they seemingly didn't go the full distance on Cody. I'll take 1.

Han Solo - this ones from the....what wave? Looks terrible. The head is brutal and if it looks that badly stuck on in the retail figures....oh dear. The hair is too light....he's very wide in the torso in relation to his hips..the aforementioned head looks too small for this body. Terrible.

Dem Hazon - Fine. 1 for me please.

Garindan - Likewise. and also 1.

Lushros Dofine - cool. Dunno how accurate it is but it looks good. 1

Emperor Palpatine - It was insulting in 04 (or was it 03?) and its no less so now. Get serious on this one Hasbro. Make sure this particular mould has a vintage cloud car style accident and DO A NEW ONE!!!

Holographic Ki-Adi-Mundi - if it looks good on card I suppose. 1

Everything else, being as they are pointless rehashes under the laughable banner of 'greatest hits', shall receive no further comment from me.

vadersvette
02-11-2006, 10:17 PM
I think most everything looks nice

Vintage Figures:
-Luke looks great--still wish he would carry his own saber on his belt, instead of Vader's.
-Han looks great as well, although not sure what that dark stripe is on his chest - is it a ball-jointed midsection like the VOTC Luke and the SA Clone?
-Scout looks fantastic, will get 2 (second one will wait for clearance for:greedy: )
-Tuskin looks pretty good
-Greedo looks good, but I may pass on it.
-Ol' George - why the heck would they use the potf2 body instead of the VOTC one? Also what I've been fearing Hasbro might do if they decide to make Stormtrooper Luke and Han: George's helmet is the one from 1995's Han! They didn't bother to sculpt a nicer new one, which is what I fear they'll do again if they make Luke and Han.

Basic Figures (using my smiley rating system:D )
-R5-D4 - :love: what else is there to say besides :love:
-DS Gunner - :cool: very cool
-C-3PO - :thumbsup: I love how they sculpted the wires on his midsection to go straight up and down like they were in ROTJ
-Cody - :ermm: the articulation looks iffy...
-Jerjerrod - :) nice - been wanting him for a while. Looks like him, too. Needs some left arm surgery, apparently:D
-Dem Hazon ;) looks nice
-Chief Chirpa - :whip: 'bout time!
-Why's Han (carbonite) in there twice? A mistake, or is he making a dramatic comeback later this year?

-Do these figures' stands use a different paint for the lettering, or is it just the lighting? They all appear to be metallic.

-The foil UGH (ugh!:rolleyes: ) card looks nice, but the Anakin inside isn't shiny!lol What gives? Maybe just a mock-up to show the package?

Greatest Hits Figures
-finally I'll be able to get Bacarra. Other than that, I will pass.

Vehicles
Won't be getting any more vehicles - ever - well, unless something really catches my fancy. I'm outta room!
-Vader's TIE - already have it - still looks nice after all these years:D
-Mace's Starfighter - a cute purple repaint that I will not be getting. I have a red starfighter, and that's all I'll ever need. No yellow, blue, green, purple, The neon pink, or gold plated versions will ever enter my house.

The other stuff
-That Vader lightsaber looks interesting. What is it? A basic saber? A modified electric one thats blade goes all the way in?
-Nice to see the Storm (clone) Trooper blaster again
-Titanium figures look sharp - may end up buying some of these after all.

figrin bran
02-11-2006, 10:26 PM
i can't comment on all the figures yet because i'm staring at the R5. what a beauty - it can't possibly have a bad motivator!

jedibear
02-11-2006, 11:05 PM
...as usual.

Doesn't change the jist of my post under the Hasbro preview thread, but I'm a big guy and can admit when I'm wro...er, jumped the gun a bit...

Some of these entrie look a little better on a close-up view here...

C-3PO Wow...they took the best sculpt of him(ROTS) and added jointed legs! Excellent! Throne's a nice accessory too...

Chief Chirpa Good job here...good detail & sculpt on the little guy.

Yoda I don't know if that was the best one to reissue...but how about a cloth cloak and saber hilt?

R5D4 Good job...worth the wait.

Commander Cody Yeah, yeah not enough articulation blah, blah, blah. I'd rather have correct detailing (those ball jointed shoulders take away from that IMO) so I like the look of this figure. One question: Does he have the backpack on? And is a small holo-Sidious one of the accessories?

Luke Skywalker Good poncho, very inspired accessory with that trunk and saber hilts...I'll have him posed recieving the saber from old Ben (POTJ) when he arrives... The head sculpt looks a bit too "youthful" and un-Hamil, but still a good job, especially since it's a character/version we've seen countless times...

Momaw Nandon I like the new sculpt the ole' Hammerhead is featuring here...not so hot on the paint-wash/detailing. Hope that's a little more refined by the time he reaches the pegs. What's up with the perfume counter/dias display thingy? Don't remember seeing that in the cantina...

Foul Moudama This is one goofy re-use of a figure, but he's so wacky, I'll have to get one. The boots alone always elicit a giggle.... Hope they manage to come up with a better plan for him to hold the saber...

Death Star Gunner The IMP's just keep gettin' the respect they deserve as figures lately. I think the finished product on this guy might share the same fine quality as the recently released ATAT driver. Looks good...

Moff Jerrjerrod Another good looking IMP figure...again, hope he's cleaned up and sharply detailed by peg-time...

SandTrooper Not bad...but I've kinda had my fill of this guy after two recent Evo figures and the POTJ/Saga one.

Utapau Clone Trooper Man, I hope that good looking detail (scuffed color bars and marks) is what'll be on the card..if so, bravo! Very cool looking clone.

Coruscant Fire Pilot I like these cool, well-detailed figures of blink-and-you'll-miss-'em characters. Looks good. (Also like the new name)

Lushros Dofine Looks good...generic enough to be featured in alot of Nemoidian scenes. (Darken his robes and Bam! Into the TF Control ship from EpOne scene he goes) I just think it's funny (but alright) that Hasbro keeps cranking out Nemoidian characters when they always end up sitting on the pegs. That said, I'll still want a ROTS Nute & Rune as well as an EpOne Tey How...

Han Solo I persume that's the new cantina version. Ewww. No redeeming qualities whatsoever. None.

Hem Dazon (or Dem Hazon?) Another cool looking Cantina alien...who doesn't quite look like his onscreen counterpart but...he'll look good with his cantina buddies on display. He could also use a little touch up in the detailing dept...

Ki Adi Mundi Hologram What can I say? I like the holo-figures...plus, saw a pic of this carded somewhere else and it looks fantastic as a carded figure...

Emperor Palpatine Ugh..one of the worst Emps ever gets dumped out there again....I'll pass.

General Grievous At least they chose the best of the figures of him they did last year to re-issue. Plus the new color-scheme looks a lot better. But I'm with those around here who would welcome a new, properly scaled (read: LARGER) and better detailed effort of the General. C'mon, Hasbro...we know you can do it...

Jango Fett Nothing new here (unfortunately). Moving on...

Obi-Wan Kenobi Again, at least they chose the best one from ROTS to re-issue and the cloth cloak looks good. Here's hoping that on the card, the cloak isn't covering up the excellent articulation and sculpt of this fine figure like the ROTS plastic choco shell did...

Anakin Skywalker Grrr...if they had to re-issue that lame ROTS #2 figure again, could they at least have swapped out the head for...well, the evo one looked good or the arena one looked better. The cloth cloak looks good. The foil packaging does nothing for me...

VOTC collection...

Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot Looks just...okay. At least it doesn't appear that he's sporting the whack-bucktooth appearence of the saga figure.

Greedo This will be keeping Lando company on the pegs. I don't understand this one as a choice for this line. The most recent standard version (featured in the earleir Saga line and the excellent re-deco of the OTC collection) was quite nice. This one isn't enough of a revelation to warrant a VOTC figure...strange. I would've dumped this for an "Empire" entry...(Snow Trooper, perhaps?)

Han Solo (Endor) Excellent head sculpt. Interesting body spilt (presumably for articulation) on the torso. Duster only so-so. Worth a look.

Tusken Raider While having a good detailed and well-articulated version of this character is a good idea, the execution of the way-too-bulky robes detract what might be a great figure. I'll reserve final comments unitl I can get one to see how it really looks and if that robe can be manipulated to look good...We'll see...

Biker Scout This is the cream of this collection. Very well done. Properly sculpted helmet, great articulation and detailing. This one will be flying off the pegs...I know I'll be snagging a few to open...

A side note on their little "Bounty Hunt" thing...it's almost dirty pool featuring this little gimmick with a premium (read:expensive) line of figures that carded collectors will have to buy multiples of to participate. It hits a little too close to the "greed" button for my taste...

My thanks and appreciation as always to SirSteve for providing this great look at what's ahead....

Fluke Skywalker
02-11-2006, 11:57 PM
Kenner/Hasbro has been trying (And failing) to make a great Luke figure for over a decade and I think they've finally done it. :love:

Han's coat looks much better out of the bubble.

Greedo looks like he's headed to a Phish concert in that ridiculous vest, but gotta love the articulation.

Tusken... Maybe under all of that gauze there's a good figure.

Biker scout... :thumbsup: Right on!

abell748
02-12-2006, 04:39 AM
I loved most of what I saw. There were some figures I was going to pass on (Tatooine Luke, D.S. Gunner) that I am now going to get after seeing the pics. I was cutting down, but the number of figures I'm buying keeps growing. I was also going to stay away from the Titanium figures and the Unleashed stuff, but the Titanium figures and the Hoth Unleashed stuff looks amazing!!!!!! It is no longer a cheap year! On the down side however, I did not think that Hasbro showed a huge amout of new stuff. Most of it we had already seen on their website.

plasticfetish
02-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Commander Cody Yeah, yeah not enough articulation blah, blah, blah. I'd rather have correct detailing (those ball jointed shoulders take away from that IMO) so I like the look of this figure.I like it also.

So, I know I'm just throwing gas on the fire (but what the heck), anyone else notice that the right shoulder is sort of detached? Maybe this figure has the ROTS #6 Clone "squeeze legs" gimmick? Might explain the lack of ball jointed shoulders. Matter of fact, maybe the left shoulder is one of those snap on pieces... hmmm.

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 06:23 AM
Oh, and Hem Dazon's base says Dem Hazon! Am I confused about the proper name of this character, or is that a typo??? Dem Hazon is a name used referring to the character in the Holiday Special which was a slight redress of the puppet head, it's a play on the name. I think the CCG is where the name actually came from, but I can't even find mention of "dem hazon" on TFN and their reference section is usually good for that.

Barada, with missing Endor Luke, I forgot about him but really want to see him, I guess not everything is at the show, that's happened many times before. It's also possible that the prototype wasn't quite ready and is actually being mailed or flown in late and will appear later, that's happened too.

Funny how so many mention the trunk that Luke has, but not the new headsculpt which I think is pretty decent. Poor Luke Tatooine, no respect, no respect at all! :rolleyes: <--the best Rodney Dangerfield impression a smilie can do.

1st observation on the figures - they aren't put together right. Jerrjerrod's arm is hanging off, Han solo's head looks like its been surgically transplanted and the death star gunners hand is also coming off. Whose responsible for that? Give him a talking to.It's a rush-rush thing for them and they have a LOT to cover, plus I don't think the people working the booth know exactly what's what. They make mistakes, stuff gets mailed in late so it doesn't show on the first day, and it's not just them, LEGO and Mattel go through this most years too.

Han Endor looks to have one of the best likenesses we've ever seen in this scale - anyone disagree?I still think it's the same VOTC Han head, just with superior paint. It doesn't really represent ROTJ Han, but it looks good none the less.

Don't like the head sculpt but its a Luke figure so what else is new.Not the head ;) Like Han, the Pilot Luke head is the VOTC version with new paint, though less different.

Luke tatooine poncho - can't judge how tall/short this figure is but it looks good. If its the right size I might buy up to 4.Same body as Commtech Luke, just a new head and accessories. I think it looks good.

Whats that a big clump of glue keeping the saber in place?? This happens a lot, many of the figures have glued-in accessories so they don't get lost when press and buyers start messing with them (sometimes the prototype limbs are glued in place too, leading to crappy poses).

Han Solo - this ones from the....what wave? Looks terrible. The head is brutal and if it looks that badly stuck on in the retail figures....oh dear. The hair is too light....he's very wide in the torso in relation to his hips..the aforementioned head looks too small for this body. Terrible.Tatooine wave, and the figure is Commtech Han with a new head. I think the head *could* have merit, but needs better paint to prove its worth.

-Han looks great as well, although not sure what that dark stripe is on his chest - is it a ball-jointed midsection like the VOTC Luke and the SA Clone?Those are universal-jointed midsections, ROTS Obi-Wan Pilot is the closest example to this Han, and I think you are right and he does have it.

-Why's Han (carbonite) in there twice? A mistake, or is he making a dramatic comeback later this year?Best guess floating around here is that one is from the UGH and the other is from the Demise of Boba Fett battlepack.

-Do these figures' stands use a different paint for the lettering, or is it just the lighting? They all appear to be metallic. The lettering on the stands is already slightly metallic, so it could be the flash hitting that, but the UGH stands have chromed movie title tops and maybe chromed figure names too.

-The foil UGH (ugh!:rolleyes: ) card looks nice, but the Anakin inside isn't shiny!lol What gives? Maybe just a mock-up to show the package?UGH figures are not painted silver, just the special cards, holos, and stands have silver foil/chrome (vac metallized).

-That Vader lightsaber looks interesting. What is it? A basic saber? A modified electric one thats blade goes all the way in?I dunno, good eye, I totally missed that while working the gallery. I think it goes with that packaging to the left which shows a different saber but does say Vader and mentions spring-loaded blade. It appears to be electronic though, there are speaker hole vents sculpted in.

Emperor Palpatine Ugh..one of the worst Emps ever gets dumped out there again....I'll pass.Like there's a good version of the Emperor. :p P'shaw! They all suck, at least the Saga one has an ok facial likeness (stupid oversized hood totally ruins this tho', not to mention the ridiculously-long arms)

Han's coat looks much better out of the bubble.I knew it would, nearly all the soft goods in the VOTC had some problems from the bubble tray.

Greedo looks like he's headed to a Phish concert in that ridiculous vest, but gotta love the articulation.HA! That's hilarious, you are so right about that! Greedo Dead-head!

Tusken... Maybe under all of that gauze there's a good figure.I'm a little afraid under the gauze might be the older Saga version.

Slicker
02-12-2006, 08:01 AM
I've noticed that NO ONE has mentioned Garindan yet (that I could see). This is an entirely new sculpt as well with a well pulled off soft goods cape and a very good likeness (although it'd be tough to mess it up).

jedi master sal
02-12-2006, 10:23 AM
Well since everyone else is giving a review, I might as well through my hat into the ring.

C-3PO It's about tiem we get a knee articulated 3PO. I like the diety chair to. Depends on when I see it, but I may just permanantly store all other versions of my OT 3PO's from now on and get several multiples of this one.

Chief Chirpa Not bad at all. I'd still rather see Wicket, but Chirpa is a good runner up to be made of an Ewok. That and he'll go great with the 3PO diety scene.

Yoda Craptacular-pass.

R5D4 looks even better yet. I can't wait to get my hands on him. I'll get around 8 or so, if I find it.

Commander Cody I have to completely agree with JediBear on this one. The articulation is quite adequate. Here's hoping for that backpack and small holo-Sidious as accessories!

Luke Skywalker Not bad. Iwas going to pass on this one, but teh sculpt is a little better and the trunk MAKES the figure. Dang,for having to buy this for the accessories... Still all-in-all it's good to see this version again.

Momaw Nandon I like this version. I may get a couple more for customs (Senate scene maybe). I too think the column accesssory is kinda strange. Well, it will help to fill out the cantina diorama anyway...I may also use the previous version as the Jedi one now. I'll have to compare those though.

Foul Moudama Okay this is a strange reissue, but I wanted a figure of him the moment I saw him in the cartoon.

Death Star Gunner Okay at first glance I was excited! For whatever reason this is my favorite fig from vintage and even the modern line. Then I noticed something TERRIBLY wrong with this latest version.
Hasn't anyone else noticed after all this sime that the Gunner's flak vest is actually the same as the Sandtrooper Pauldron?? It's just face-forward. While I really like this version of the gunner. The vest is HORRIBLE! and besides the helmet, it's the ONLY other thing that distinguishes it from other Imperial characters. Oh, I hope Hasbro fixes this! Damn. It looks more like a clonetrooper vest. Go here to see what it should look like:
http://www.starfortressproductions.com/catalog/dsgflakvest.jpg
See if you go to this link (open in new window or it may resize your current one):
http://www.starwars.com/meta/rd/expand/expand.html?world=databank&img=/databank/organization/imperialgunner/img/eu_bg.jpg&width=undefined&height=undefined&import=undefined
you see the gunner without the vest. It looks plain and rather boring. Note how with exception to the helmets, he looks the exact same as the TIE fighter. This is why it's imperative to get the vest RIGHT, right NOW.
I'll army buld this figure nevertheless. I jhust hope the fix is made. Also, if the vest is removable, then there's plenty of room for customizing! Whoo-hoo! Hoping to ge about 15-20 of this one.

Moff Jerrjerrod I'm excited at this figure. Sure he has swivel cut elbows and no knee articulation. But for that character, it's not needed. Also, a little head swap and or a little sanding off of one set of the rank squares and you've got a totally different officer. I'll be building this one like a mofo. LOTS of potential here! I'm going to go nuts building this one. SO many scenes to fit Imp Officers in. I'm going to shoot for 40 of them.

SandTrooper I've a kinda had my fill of sandtrooers, believ it or not. I'l get 2 or 3 and that's it of this one.

Utapau Clone Trooper I've already stated that I'm lookingto build this one. The pictures just further that statement. Looking to get 40

Coruscant Fire Pilot Again, I've stated that this is a great sculpt for a backgroun character. Again, he's not only seen in the Fire ship, but alos in the hangar when Obi is talking to Cody. He's NOT just a Fire ship pilot, but more of a starship/airspeeder maintenance technician. (That's what I'll be calling him anyway. Getting at least 12 or them.

Lushros Dofine This one will work for all Neo Pilots. Just a paint job and you've got the others. 6-10

Han Solo Craptacular-pass..

Hem Dazon I really don't think this aliean should be bi-pedal. But seeing as we never saw the body on screen, I guess this will have to do. I'm glad he's finally being made. Good custom fodder. Getting 8-10

Ki Adi Mundi Hologram One of the few holoe actually needed. too bad no articulated knees, but it will do. getting 2.

Emperor Palpatine Craptacular-pass.

General Grievous ONLY if this one is glued shut, MIGHT I get him. I'm thinking no though. Will have to make a "gameday" decision...

Jango Fett Craptacular-pass.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Well, I need more of this figure to replace other lesser versions and with a cloth robe (which I like), it's a no brainer I'll pick up some of this one.

Anakin Skywalker Craptacular-pass.

VOTC collection...
Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot Again I agree with JediBear here, glad it's not the bucktooth version. I look forward to getting this one. I'll get two. Now I can finally use al those bucktooth X-wing Luke's as background pilots for the Medal ceremony scene. 2

Greedo Really a Meh figure. Slight better articulation, but a craptacular vest. They took two steps forward and one back with this one. But it's a step i the right direction no less. 2

Han Solo (Endor) I know I'll get 2 of this one. But would REALLY like to see what it looks like under the outer cloak.

Tusken Raider Same as the HAN entry above. Though I may get more of this figure, depending on sculpt of fig..

Biker Scout Crap this is going to be expensive... Well, me and everyone else will be lookign to get this one and most of us in multiples. I'm looking at getting 10 of them.

One thing I will disagree with JediBear about is the "presumed" screwing over of carded collectors on the Bounty Hunt or "UGH" figures. Nothing is saying you HAVE to open the figs. It's just the only way you are going to get the exclusive. Thing is Hasbro doesn't make these with the Carded collector in mind. And they shouldn't. Offers like this happen all the time with MANY other things. You HAVE to cut part of the product packaging to get the "free" thing. It's part of the "sacrifice" if you will for getting something for nothing (or very little). This just belly aching, IMO. BUY a second set if you really want the Georgetrooper. That or eBay for one. If you get a second set, you could always sell you'rs off to openers, so long as they know it's without the sticker/UPC/whatever is is that's needed for the promotion.

Jargo
02-12-2006, 11:20 AM
It would have been kinda cool to have Dem hazon be tentacled like the Dianoga or something but i believe Ron Cobb did a drawing for the original movie that showed hem Dazon as bipedal. Since most of the cantina denizens were being played by human extras at the time. Even so, just getting the head is enough for me. I may come out of collecting retirement and buy some of the aliens. I gave up trying to fill out all the scenes over a year ago, possibly two, but I'd like to have a complete cantina and jabba's palace collection even if i finally ditch all the other stuff I've collected on ebay.

Foul Moudamas boots are the stupidest thing I've ever seen. Sure the Talz have big feet but they could have made the toe end of the boots match the contours of the feet. look like Frankensteins monster boots.

Strangely I'm feeling drawn to Mace Windu's starfighter like a moth to a flame. Perhaps the purple is what's doing it. Mind you four repaints on a vehicle isn't bad going for hasbro. lets see how they end up doing Kit fisto's.

Out of all the different sections of the 3 3/4 line I see no beasts. I would have thought the big bug the clones ride on Felucia would have been pretty nifty. or the flying pterodactyl thing the utapauans ride. and those weird potato headed technician aliens on utapau, there's way too much going over the same ground here. not a lot that really excites.
R5 looks ok but the head is too tall again. it's just the paint job that makes him look good, come production and he'll look less appealing with the usual sloppy paint apps.
soft goods. yuk. the only benefit i see from them is getting a kubaz that you can customise. be cool to see garindans head. tusken looks dreadful, luke looks awful, han looks dreadful. look at those skinny legs. and tiny feet. just looks crappy. Greedo - why? his vest is synthetic cloth in the movie so soft vinyl would have been fine.

Hammerhead looks good.

George lucas - I thought the Lucas family exclusive set was brown nosing enough but the stormtrooper is just sick making. If it had been Joe Johnston i would have said ok seeing as he played a stormie in the movie. George is just too much. He didn't make the movies alone, about time the guys who really worked the magic got a shot in the limelight.

Hermi Odle. Just a rumour or is this coming later in the year? Max Rebo band? Ak Rev? Small vehicles like bail Organa's speeder? Endor AT-AT?

This is a poor showing from hasbro IMO. I fail to see how they can put out grade A sculpts like Hammerhead and then put out crap like Tatooine Luke. What's the point in creating peg warmers of former peg warmers? re-using the commtech han sculpt when there's the far superior VOTC one. hasbro has lunatics working on the line. sheer lunatics.

Devo
02-12-2006, 12:19 PM
han looks dreadful. look at those skinny legs. and tiny feet. just looks crappy.

re-using the commtech han sculpt when there's the far superior VOTC one. hasbro has lunatics working on the line. sheer lunatics.

In fairness though they used only the legs&pelvis of the commtech Han. Far as I can see the torso is from the VOTC. They don't match though. The torso is too wide for those legs. Also you criticise Endor Hans skinny legs and tiny feet - To me they look a lot like the VOTC's, a figure you seem to like.

I'm surprised people have complimented the likeness on Jerrjerrod. Maybe I'm nuts but I don't think it looks anything like him. And I think knee articulation could have been achieved here with no significant compromise to the sculpt so should have been done. He is seen kneeling behind Vader in the Emperor's arrival scene in Jedi. Hasbro incoporated some ugly neck articulation into Admiral Ozzel so he could be choked so I don't see why they overlooked this.

I still think it's the same VOTC Han head, just with superior paint. It doesn't really represent ROTJ Han, but it looks good none the less.

ehh...I think you might be right...but I think the VOTC likeness is crap...yet this one is good....cannot compute

Lazer Brain
02-12-2006, 06:58 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS YYEESS!!!!! A C3PO WITH KNEES! THANKS YOU HASBRO! IT ONLY TOOK 29 YEARS BUT NOW I CAN BE HAPPY!.
JOY
Later

Kidhuman
02-12-2006, 07:11 PM
Well, alot of these look great, some look like crap(Emperor). I am looking foward to most of these figures.

JT, so basically, we are not getting Hem, but getting Dem. What the hell is the difference?

Beast
02-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, alot of these look great, some look like crap(Emperor). I am looking foward to most of these figures.

JT, so basically, we are not getting Hem, but getting Dem. What the hell is the difference?
The first letter, silly buns. ;) :p :D

El Chuxter
02-12-2006, 09:36 PM
CHIRPA!!!!!!!!

My God. I've been yelling the loudest for this little guy for almost ten years, and this sculpt looks like he will be well worth the wait. Wow. I'm too overcome with joy to even care about a C-3PO with bendable knees, a Luke with poncho and floppy hat, the Arcona (whatever he's going by), Lushros Dofine, and Jerjerrod.

But being serious for a moment, I don't see the big deal about the Death Star Gunner. He looks good, but I can think of dozens more worthy of resculpting than him. They could've at least done the version from ANH without the gloves.

UKWildcat
02-12-2006, 10:07 PM
Yea, Chirpa looks really REALLY sweet. Definitely worth the wait. I'm really pleased with a good chunk of these figures. Hasbro is definitely keeping my interest, and money.

vadersvette
02-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Those are universal-jointed midsections, ROTS Obi-Wan Pilot is the closest example to this Han, and I think you are right and he does have it.
Yeah, that's what I thought. I just wasn't sure if it was a shadow from the coat or if it was articulation.

Best guess floating around here is that one is from the UGH and the other is from the Demise of Boba Fett battlepack.
Oh, didn't hear about the Demise set.

The lettering on the stands is already slightly metallic, so it could be the flash hitting that, but the UGH stands have chromed movie title tops and maybe chromed figure names too.
Really, the lettering on mine look more like a flat grey, and in some cases the ones in the pictures could barely be made out--but then again, like you said, it's probably just the flash.

UGH figures are not painted silver, just the special cards, holos, and stands have silver foil/chrome (vac metallized).
Oh. Oops.

I dunno, good eye, I totally missed that while working the gallery. I think it goes with that packaging to the left which shows a different saber but does say Vader and mentions spring-loaded blade. It appears to be electronic though, there are speaker hole vents sculpted in.
If so, I'll take one.

Thanks for clearing everything up JT:thumbsup:

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 04:40 AM
JT, so basically, we are not getting Hem, but getting Dem. What the hell is the difference?Um, I think the difference is a slight change in eye color. This is just totally out of left field, no evidence at all, but with a couple other figs like this, what if the package says "Hem Dazon" and the stand says "Dem Hazon"?

ehh...I think you might be right...but I think the VOTC likeness is crap...yet this one is good....cannot computeBad paint can ruin a decent sculpt, great paint can raise a weak sculpt to new heights.

And yeah, I didn't see the Jerjerrod likeness either. But it's only a proto, so we'll see if it remains that way.

Slicker
02-13-2006, 06:43 AM
Um, I think the difference is a slight change in eye color. This is just totally out of left field, no evidence at all, but with a couple other figs like this, what if the package says "Hem Dazon" and the stand says "Dem Hazon"?Here's where my EU knowledge comes in and to good affect too. The difference between the 2 of these individuals is the eye color. The arcona we see in the Cantina (Hem Dazon) can be distinguished by his golden eye color which is indicitive of a salt addiction whereas Dem Hazon has not yet become addicted to salt so therefore his eyes are the normal color of arcona eyeballs.

That is very pathetic that I know that but there you go.

jjreason
02-13-2006, 03:25 PM
My God, I'm making the big ol' "L" with my thumb and forefinger at you, Slicker - and I don't think I'm the only one. :D

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 04:41 PM
My God, I'm making the big ol' "L" with my thumb and forefinger at you, Slicker - and I don't think I'm the only one. :D

No you're not. 50 :whip: with a wet noodle to Slicker.

TheDarthVader
02-13-2006, 08:12 PM
These new figures look great! C3po is just perfect. I will be getting every figure that has not been re-re-released. This is going to be a great year for collectors.

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-13-2006, 08:32 PM
I just realized that Chirpa's stand reads "Chief Chipra" . . . I hope they fix this.

plasticfetish
02-13-2006, 09:29 PM
No... the difference between "Chief Chirpa" and "Chief Chipra" is the eye color. Chirpa can be distinguished by his golden eye color which is indicitive of a trail-mix addiction whereas Chipra has not yet become addicted to trail-mix so therefore his eyes are the normal color of Ewok eyeballs.

(kidding Slicker :) )

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Awesome PF, that was great.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Then I bet there was no real difference between the puppet when used in ANH vs the Holiday Special, I bet this is all about how the video camera picked up the reflections different from the movie's film camera.

Tycho
02-14-2006, 12:14 AM
These new figures look great! C3po is just perfect. I will be getting every figure that has not been re-re-released. This is going to be a great year for collectors.

B.
TDV

So you're buying 2 or 3 out of 50? :D

Well since everyone else is giving a review, I might as well through my hat into the ring.

I'll borrow JMS's post as my own review template:

C-3PO -No thanks. And the rest of you will be disappointed with his 2 silver legs (versus one) etc. It will only take until the Endor wave ships that we'll start hearing you all start complaining.

Chief Chirpa Yes! I'll take 3. I love new Ewoks and this looks like a good figure.

Yoda Craptacular-pass.

R5D4 No. I don't need him. I like mine to fire proton torpedoes.:rolleyes:

Commander Cody I have to completely agree with JediBear on this one. The articulation is quite adequate. Here's hoping for that backpack and small holo-Sidious as accessories!

Luke Skywalker No thank you!

Momaw Nandon I like this version. I may get a couple more for the Senate scene for sure. I may also use the previous version as the Jedi one now. It depends whether I change my mind about Foul Madoma and if I have an extra Shaak-Ti, Palpatine, and Grievous' body guards.

Foul Moudama Okay this is a strange figure for an EU offering, but I wanted a figure of him when I saw him in the cartoon - I think.

Death Star Gunner - No thanks.

Moff Jerrjerrod I'm excited at this figure. Also, a little head swap and or a little sanding off of one set of the rank squares and you've got a totally different officer. I'll be buying a few of this one. LOTS of potential here! I'm going to shoot for 3 of them at present.

SandTrooper No thanks.

Utapau Clone Trooper I've already stated that I'm lookingto build this one. The pictures just further that statement. Looking to get 5 or maybe 7...or maybe 9. Jedi Master Sal can get the rest.

Coruscant Fire Pilot Nice job! Getting at least 2 or them.

Lushros Dofine This one will work for all Neo Pilots. Just a paint job and you've got the others. 4-5. But BattleDroid and I have been discussing whether this figure, even repainted, is appropriate for Dautay Dofine from TPM. If he will only be Lushros Dofine in my collection, I'll have to revise my figure count to probably only 2.

Han Solo Craptacular-pass..

Hem Dazon I'm glad he's finally being made. He was only one of the Top 10 Most-Wanted figures for years! Good custom fodder. Getting about 8

Ki Adi Mundi Hologram One of the few holoe actually needed. too bad no articulated knees, but it will do. getting 1.

Emperor Palpatine Craptacular-pass.

General Grievous Craptacular-pass.

Jango Fett Craptacular-pass.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Craptacular-pass.

Anakin Skywalker Craptacular-pass.

VOTC collection...
Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot Craptacular-pass.

Greedo Craptacular-pass.

Han Solo (Endor) Craptacular-pass.

Tusken Raider Craptacular-pass.

Biker Scout I'd buy this one if in 2007 they repaint it to be Commander Gree's infantry men from the Kashyyyk Theater.

As to the George Lucas stormtrooper exclusive? Craptacular-pass.

There's a lot I'm not buying this season. Sorry I didn't have more positive things to post (I'm usually more of a positive person on the boards here - but I'm not as invested with Hasbro this year. To see me happy, check the Sideshow and MasterReplicas forums).

jedi master sal
02-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Regarding the Utapau Trooper, Tycho, does that mean you'll help me get that figure when it's out? I could use the help as I know it's going to be a popular sell. I'll kick in some extra $ for your effort.

El Chuxter
02-14-2006, 10:08 AM
I wonder if there's a way to get Hasbro to make a Tycho Celchu figure, then tricking Tycho into saying, "Tycho: craptacular-pass." lol

Tycho
02-14-2006, 04:08 PM
Would I actually help JMS get Utopau Clones? Yes! But after my collecting circle here is satisfied. That's my first duty. Tony may want a lot. I haven't asked actually because we haven't found ANY yet. I think I'll settle down on 9 myself (just to be safe). For some displays, (JMS) don't you ever think "less is more?" I mean to appreciate a figure for its own sake, and not 100 of them? Battles are different displays than army line-up dioramas. The latter - well that's the whole point of having 100+ troopers in the same place. But I did Endor with something like 7-9 Stormtroopers (not counting bikerscouts or other Imperial personnel) and the white contrasted with the green backdrop looked great because it wasn't all over the place. The same with sandtroopers which is why I never pursued the Evolutions set. I think I used 25 Clones against the red for Geonosis, but with that display I wanted to signal "invasion." Anyway, I hope I have the opportunity to help you get some Clones. BTW - I will trade them for 501sts if folks out there think they have any extras. But I really don't need many more. My buddy and I have a deal going for my extra Coruscant Shocktroopers. I think I have 2 more extras but he has dibs on those when he comes up with the blue clones from his storage.

Slicker
02-14-2006, 04:16 PM
No... the difference between "Chief Chirpa" and "Chief Chipra" is the eye color. Chirpa can be distinguished by his golden eye color which is indicitive of a trail-mix addiction whereas Chipra has not yet become addicted to trail-mix so therefore his eyes are the normal color of Ewok eyeballs.

(kidding Slicker :) )That's awesome PF and no need to say kidding because I so deserved that after my display of utter geekiness.

Blackened88
02-14-2006, 10:40 PM
A disapointment, wheres the battlepacks and other stuff like exclusives. I love the Death Star Gunner cant wait to get him but theres so much more stuff to see, where is it all?

bigbarada
02-14-2006, 11:19 PM
Biker Scout I'd buy this one if in 2007 they repaint it to be Commander Gree's infantry men from the Kashyyyk Theater.

I can't believe you don't like the Biker Scout! Oh well, more for me (yeah right, like I'm actually going to be able to find one on the shelves).

Tycho
02-15-2006, 12:29 AM
I just don't need him BigB. I bought all my Bikerscouts on their speederbikes and some from POTJ's collection. Then I was done. SA or not, mine can get in the poses I needed them in. Now I just need a ROTS paint-job (if it is the same uniform).

jedi master sal
02-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Would I actually help JMS get Utopau Clones? Yes! But after my collecting circle here is satisfied. That's my first duty. Tony may want a lot. I haven't asked actually because we haven't found ANY yet. I think I'll settle down on 9 myself (just to be safe).

Fair enough. I do the same with my local collecting group too. Any extra you come across though, would be greatly appreciated.

For some displays, (JMS) don't you ever think "less is more?" I mean to appreciate a figure for its own sake, and not 100 of them? Battles are different displays than army line-up dioramas. The latter - well that's the whole point of having 100+ troopers in the same place.

It really depends on th diorama. In the case of the Utapau sinkhole diorama, no. I need that many troopers to flesh out the multiple scenes within the large diorama. That diorama is going to have several "invasion" scenes, a scene with them lining up the Utapau warriors, Cody on the landing platform, etc. There will be anywhere from 5-20 clones in each scene depending on the scene itself. For this reason I need about 6 Cody's too...Though I know you understadn that as you are a scene builder.

But I did Endor with something like 7-9 Stormtroopers (not counting bikerscouts or other Imperial personnel) and the white contrasted with the green backdrop looked great because it wasn't all over the place. The same with sandtroopers which is why I never pursued the Evolutions set.

I was never big on sandtroopers myself. They are the trooper that I have the least of, IIRC. I tend to build as how you saw them in the movies. Not too many snadtrooper, so I don't buy that many. Same with biker scouts (though I'm looking to get a bout 10 of the VTSC ones. My dioramas are very large in scale. They on average take up about 100 cubic feet (some a bit more like the Battle of Geonosis diorama which is planned for almost 200 cubic feet). With that size in mind, I think people can see where more figures are needed to fill that space. IMHO, you can't have a war scene and it be small. It just doesn't convey the scene correctly. again, that's just me though.

I think I used 25 Clones against the red for Geonosis, but with that display I wanted to signal "invasion."

Okay cool, now add 500 more and that REALLY signals invasion...heh heh.

Anyway, I hope I have the opportunity to help you get some Clones.

I do as well my friend. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

I will say this that for those folks who have helped me over the years, for each diorama I build there will be a small plaque about the diorama. I'm listing those people who helped me in some form or another with completing it. That goes for people who hook me up with figs too. My hope is to have a small-ish museum of sorts with these dioramas. The plan for that is to have a building aside from my house that will house all of this stuff.

(See I plan big. Maybe too big, but it's fun to have these dreams and plans. If I never get there, it's cool, because it's been one hell of a ride. And I've heard time and again tht it's about the journey not the end result.)

-Sal

master J
02-15-2006, 01:18 PM
Do you guys know if Hasbro does any kind of Q&A at toyfair? I know Steve is there, do they give him any kind of news? Just thought there would be a little more than what ive seen.

Tycho
02-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Hasbro usually deals with their retail buyers at ToyFair. IIRC, in the past they've arranged for Q&A with fan websites like Steve's after they've all gone home. Steve just needs to remind them that he was there and provided publicity for them at Toy Fair. I don't think we'll see a Q&A until a week later.

JMS: we need to have a convention at your house! It sounds as appealing as Rancho Obi-Wan (Sansweet's) or something!

Slicker
02-15-2006, 03:09 PM
Here's where my EU knowledge comes in and to good affect too. The difference between the 2 of these individuals is the eye color. The arcona we see in the Cantina (Hem Dazon) can be distinguished by his golden eye color which is indicitive of a salt addiction whereas Dem Hazon has not yet become addicted to salt so therefore his eyes are the normal color of arcona eyeballs.I have just one thing to say to the non-believers...

EAT IT! (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/dark/images/hemdazon.gif)

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 03:16 PM
Dude, I knew that, too. I just wasn't going to make myself look like even more of a geek in front of all these other geeks. You gotta learn subtlety, m'boy. :crazed:

Slicker
02-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Dude, I knew that, too. I just wasn't going to make myself look like even more of a geek in front of all these other geeks. You gotta learn subtlety, m'boy. :crazed:Sorry, master I just got over excited when I actually knew something. I'll learn better restraint.;)

JediTricks
02-15-2006, 05:07 PM
A disapointment, wheres the battlepacks and other stuff like exclusives. They don't show exclusives at Toy Fair because the point is to show off your wares to all the retailers' buyers so they can decide if they want to order the product. What's the point of showing a product that the buyer cannot order?

Do you guys know if Hasbro does any kind of Q&A at toyfair?No questions this year (or last year), they are too busy and I think sent folks who don't work with the line that much and are more familiar with working Toy Fair than SW. It happens.

I have just one thing to say to the non-believers...

EAT IT! (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/dark/images/hemdazon.gif)Wow, way to prove you knew what the card said. :p Stupid Decipher and their crap sub-EU CCG cards really have made a mess of things.

jjreason
02-15-2006, 10:02 PM
I have just one thing to say to the non-believers...

EAT IT! (http://www.decipher.com/starwars/cardlists/anewhope/dark/images/hemdazon.gif)

Sorry, but you've just been voted off Geek Island. Please pass me your torch, the tribe has spoken. :crazed:

Tycho
02-16-2006, 12:28 AM
Sal and I are going to invade Geek Island with our combined Clone Armies!

Only the Ewoks have ever defeated us. You'll have to prove you're true Geeks by displaying your armies of them!

Oh, yeah. I forgot Kenner only made 8 and Hasbro about as many. This is Ashton Kutcher and you LOSE the "Ewok & The Geek."

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 01:26 AM
I swear, we should make you 2 stack up all your figures in one heaping tower and then play Jenga with it, the one who doesn't get killed when it falls on them is declared the winner. ;)

Tycho
02-16-2006, 03:18 AM
That was funny! (seriously, you made me laugh - thanks I needed that). :D

jedi master sal
02-16-2006, 10:29 AM
Sal and I are going to invade Geek Island with our combined Clone Armies!

Only the Ewoks have ever defeated us. You'll have to prove you're true Geeks by displaying your armies of them!

Speak for yourself. I was never defeated by Ewoks. Spanked their furry butts though. (At warfare....get your minds out of the gutter)

I swear, we should make you 2 stack up all your figures in one heaping tower and then play Jenga with it, the one who doesn't get killed when it falls on them is declared the winner. ;)

Hmm, let's see accounting for the "average" figure being 1 1/8" in depth when laid flat, laying three side by side and stacking three side by side on top of them, my Jenga tower alone would be at least 104 ft tall...(How's that for "Geek Factor")

I think I'll take a pass on that Jenga offer JT.

-Sal

Kidhuman
02-16-2006, 11:05 AM
Hmm, let's see accounting for the "average" figure being 1 1/8" in depth when laid flat, laying three side by side and stacking three side by side on top of them, my Jenga tower alone would be at least 104 ft tall...(How's that for "Geek Factor")

I think I'll take a pass on that Jenga offer JT.

-Sal

No wonder it took you a few hours in between posts, you were figuring out some math.

Tycho
02-16-2006, 02:40 PM
No wonder it took you a few hours in between posts, you were figuring out some math.

Of course not. He was busy "staking out" the toy isle at Target.

JediTricks
02-16-2006, 04:39 PM
Tycho, glad I could entertain. I think you might have a chuckle at this one too...

Speak for yourself. I was never defeated by Ewoks. Spanked their furry butts though. (At warfare....get your minds out of the gutter)Oh man, JMS will forever be known as "The Ewok Spanker". :razz: lol

I think I'll take a pass on that Jenga offer JT.Wuss. ;) It wouldn't be exciting unless you guys got BURIED in figures. But ok, how tall would it be if the levels were 9 x 9 instead? That'd be only about 12 feet tall, now we've got a game!!!

I think I love the idea of a 12' column of Star Wars figures.

Tycho
02-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Then you should see my storage (10x12 for one, 8x10 for the other).

They say "double cross the devil and then screw him in the..."

I think I've already done that with my Star Wars obsession.

jedi master sal
02-16-2006, 05:36 PM
JMS: we need to have a convention at your house! It sounds as appealing as Rancho Obi-Wan (Sansweet's) or something!

Well I wouldn't go that far. He has a ton more than I. But for the "average" everyday bloke, I think I've got a decent sized collection.

Of course not. He was busy "staking out" the toy isle at Target.

If only that were true. Being tied down from 8:30am to 5pm and seeing how my local buddies are finding stuff sometimes gets me in a panic...I'm usually screwed by the time I get to stores. That explains why I feel the need to go to over two dozen stores a weel to feed my habit.

Oh man, JMS will forever be known as "The Ewok Spanker". :razz: lol

Spankin' since '83...er um that didn't sound right, heh heh.

Wuss. ;) It wouldn't be exciting unless you guys got BURIED in figures. But ok, how tall would it be if the levels were 9 x 9 instead? That'd be only about 12 feet tall, now we've got a game!!!

I think I love the idea of a 12' column of Star Wars figures.

Do you mean 9 figures per level or 81?
Nine figs per level equates to 31.25ft tall. Again just for myself. That's still too much to be buried under... And this is assuming I only have 3000 figs. I know it's more than that. 3K is just an approximation from the last time I catalogued.

If you meant 81 figures per level then it would only be 3 1/2 feet tall.

Now if you were to go 25 figs per level (5 across and down) that would be 11.25ft. That's a much more manageable level...

And I heartily agree that a 12ft column of figures would be cool to see.

Gawd, am I a math geek or what...

JediTricks
02-17-2006, 03:43 PM
Do you mean 9 figures per level or 81?
Nine figs per level equates to 31.25ft tall. Again just for myself. That's still too much to be buried under...I meant 9 east-west and then 9 on top of them north-south, instead of 3 with 3 on top of them like you had (Jenga is 3 by 3). I had divided the 104' tower by 3 and then again by 3 because it'll take that much area to do those 2 levels, that's how I came up with 12', but now I'm not as sure I should have divided by 3 that second time because these are squares.

dindae
02-20-2006, 10:58 AM
Sal if you keep spanking ewoks you'll get furry palms. :D