PDA

View Full Version : SW 12" Toy Fair Preview Pics Up!

nash
02-11-2006, 06:31 PM
You guys are going to want to see this, trust me

http://www.rebelscum.com/tf2006.asp

Sith Lord 0498
02-11-2006, 06:53 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

These pieces are INCREDIBLE!!!! I haven't been this excited about a collectible in ages. They look so much better than I expected. Even Han looks better than the Sideshow pics...I ended up pre-ordering the regular edition.

Mace with a STUMP?!?!!? Episode I AND II/III lightsabers??!?! Too freakin' cool!!!

But anyone notice how none of the exclusive accessories were shown? That leads me to believe we're looking at the regular editions, which means that Mace's exclusive could still be Jango's head/helmet.

nash
02-11-2006, 07:11 PM
agreed agreed agreed and agreed !! :D

Blue2th
02-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Did you notice the easy opening box/bubble. Now I don't think I need two of each for MIB and loose. I like that. I suppose if they are ordered on the internet, they don't need to hermetically seal them from prying hands and grubby five finger discounts.

Slicker
02-11-2006, 08:19 PM
Did you notice the easy opening box/bubble. Now I don't think I need two of each for MIB and loose. I like that. I suppose if they are ordered on the internet, they don't need to hermetically seal them from prying hands and grubby five finger discounts.I saw somewhere that SS was experimenting with a new packaging style that doesn't involve twisties and rubberbands like traditional packaging. It's kinda vacuformed to the figure and accessories so they stay in place better during shipping and give a less cumbersome display appearance.

JediTricks
02-11-2006, 08:23 PM
It's not that complicated, the Japanese have been doing it for a while, you know how regular 4" action figures have trays holding them into their bubbles? This is just a 2-sided version of that, 2 trays sandwiching the figure and the accessories. The trays are very easy to make. It's like a non-welded clamshell package.

AmanaMatt
02-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the link...personally, I love them all (even Kit in a sick way) - awsome figures overall with great detail. I am happy to have ordered them all, personally.

The mod over at Rebelscum has hinted that Mace secret accessory will be Jango's head/helmet. (Maybe dented helmet to make it 'exclusive')

Sith Lord 0498
02-12-2006, 10:59 AM
The mod over at Rebelscum has hinted that Mace secret accessory will be Jango's head/helmet. (Maybe dented helmet to make it 'exclusive')

They could make it exclusive by adding a graphic stump at the neck similar to what they've done with Mace's severed hand. That would make even more scene and character-specific than a simple dent.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 04:07 AM
But anyone notice how none of the exclusive accessories were shown? That leads me to believe we're looking at the regular editions, which means that Mace's exclusive could still be Jango's head/helmet.That's true, the reason is that at Toy Fair, they only show off products that the retailers' buyers would be able to purchase, so no exclusives. That being said, I guess Mace's exclusive could be the head.

Blue2th
02-13-2006, 08:03 AM
So, from what most people are saying, Jango's head/helmet wins hands down as the exclusive. Hope SS is reading these threads. Though we will probably end up with a Holo figure as you said JT.

Captain Spoon
02-13-2006, 08:56 AM
These do look AWESOME!!!! I can't wait for mine to come in the mail!!.
Also it's a little off topic but did you see the Legolas 12"? Jesus Frigg'n Jones!!! it is amazing

Exhaust Port
02-13-2006, 01:12 PM
After suffering tons of Barbi-body Leia's I'm thrilled with the SS version. Man, that figure looks great!!

Captain Spoon
02-13-2006, 01:40 PM
hey port just keep in mind that the Leia shown is the Sold Out Premium Format Version ($250). It is not a standard 12" SS figure. Sorry if I bursted your bubble man :thumbsup:

Exhaust Port
02-14-2006, 08:35 AM
I'm sure the standard SS figure is still better than the Barbie-style versions. :)

Captain Spoon
02-14-2006, 10:38 AM
with out a doubt :). I think the only real difference is the face sculpt, I think the premium formats are resin or polystone so they can add better detail than they can do in plastic. But regaurdless they will rock, I have many other Sideshow figures (Monty Python, James Bond, Military) and I have never been dissapointed :thumbsup:

Darth Cruel
02-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I wonder if there is anyone who still thinks the likenesses are way off. These pics are incredible. I gotta go to LOTRG and see if they have any of those figures.

PoweredConvoy
02-16-2006, 07:41 PM
These figures are great. I can't wait for them to come out.

Randy