PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu's Freakin' Starfighter!!!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-11-2006, 06:52 PM
The SSG Toy Fair coverage shows a purple starfighter, which is of course Mace's from the cartoon. This is just too damn cool. I love how we're getting so much Clone Wars stuff this year, it's great.

pegger
02-11-2006, 06:54 PM
While I'm disappointed that no new vehicles are coming out, and that we are getting yet another re-paint of the Jedi starfighter (5 in 2 years??) I am happy it's Mace's. Looks great.

Sith Lord 0498
02-11-2006, 07:04 PM
We're also getting a Titanium Series version of Mace's starfighter in their 3 inch line. It's going to be one of the "limited" chase vehicles.

Reverend Strone
02-11-2006, 07:08 PM
Excellent! At first I thought perhaps my monitor was doing weird colour things again, but the more I looked at that pic, the more it was obvious that it wasn't just Obi-Wan's ship, but a purple one- ie, Mace Windu's Clone Wars Fighter. Hurray! Glad to see someone else saw it too. I don't care that this is another repaint. It's a great looking ship and I'm happy to keep buying them to make a squadron.

This one looks to be the darker grey base colour too, which looks so much better than the two white base repaints that were released later last year. I passed on those, but if this one matches the original Obi and Ani fighters than came out last April, I'm spending the cash.

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 05:31 AM
When I was updating the SSG news article, I was quickly glancing at the photos and noticed Mace's JSF. I had hoped the packaged photo would be for it, but alas it was for a regular version instead. Still, it looks surprisingly good in purple.

Slicker
02-12-2006, 07:47 AM
Hasbro sure is getting its money's worth out of that JSF mold aren't they?:D

Blackened88
02-12-2006, 12:19 PM
Great, cant wait to get it!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Hasbro sure is getting its money's worth out of that JSF mold aren't they?:D
Yeah, no kidding. Since those red and yellow ones have been shipping in VERY healthy numbers since April (February for Anakin's, actually), it would be nice to see the blue and green ones shipped out again (preferably not as exclusives, and maybe with better paint aps). I got the blue one but never saw the green one. I'd also love to see Saesee Tiin's starfighter from the toon, as well as a reissue of the blue CW one, and a new green CW one.

I loves me the Jedi Starfighters. :D

jedi master sal
02-12-2006, 03:39 PM
This is cool. Do we have an SA Mace to fit this? (I can't remember if the ROTS Mace is SA or not.)

Jargo
02-12-2006, 04:02 PM
a less shiney plastic would be cool. and a lighter touch on those blast marks across the hull. and maybe a better version of the astro droid sticker. maybe some blast marks on the underside too. and a general dirtying of the ships like with that paint on wipe off application process rthat leaves grime colourd paint in the grooves etc. And if there's a purple asttro droid for mace then how about a proper figure of it seeing as hasbro loves to repaint astro droids. and a Mace Windu pilot figure that doesn't suck. And how about a reworking of Obi's starfighter with buzz droid damage and removable left wing panels.

I've seen a listing for Kit Fisto's starfighter too. presumably that'll be green.

and how about a Plo Koon starfighter that blasts apart. into many pieces.

And seeing as we're getting a whole squadron of these things how about some sort of Jedi hangar accessory pack. maybe a new Jedi character with the accessories. another alien Jedi or padawan.

I'd still prefer some airspeeders from Coruscant or Tatooine speeders to the Jedi starfighters though.

jedibear
02-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I'm sorry gang but this purple jedi starfighter with it's hot pink R2 unit just screams for a Jedi Dreamhouse temple to park it at...

Val Da Car
02-12-2006, 05:40 PM
With some of the Inspiration for extra vehicles and figures from the Clone Wars cartoons (Gunship, Mace's ship, Arc Troopers set) will the possibility be for the Gold Droid fighter and Plo Koon's repaint be in the near future?

Just ship lots of the Arc Trooper Set!!!!

DarkArtist
02-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I would love to see a re-issue of Anakin's Starfighter from the 1st season of Clone Wars. I wonder wasn't there a rumor about Mace's Squadron. Will we see purple clad Clones in the future ?????

Devo
02-13-2006, 05:38 AM
how about a proper figure of Mace Windu

Long overdue. The Episode I figures were adequate for that film but AOTC&ROTS really could do with 2 good SA figures, preferably with soft goods and plastic robes. And a normal swivel head!!! The figure itself could incorporate soft goods like the Evolutions Anakins and Agen Kolar.

And how about a reworking of Obi's starfighter with buzz droid damage and removable left wing panels.

I'd buy that. Preferably with film-accurate damage physically sculpted.

I've seen a listing for Kit Fisto's starfighter too. presumably that'll be green.

and how about a Plo Koon starfighter that blasts apart. into many pieces.

I don't remember seeing Kit Fisto's starfighter in either the films or the cartoon. Is it another ROTS style fighter? I'd prefer to see one more AOTC version.

And I can't see them doing another Plo Koon one, certainly not one that'd have to be a major retooling to the point of being a new sculpt in order for it to incorporate an exploding feature.

And seeing as we're getting a whole squadron of these things how about some sort of Jedi hangar accessory pack. maybe a new Jedi character with the accessories. another alien Jedi or padawan.

Yeah I wouldn't mind having something like that. Just to have some equipment that you might see strewn about a hangar.

I'd still prefer some airspeeders from Coruscant or Tatooine speeders to the Jedi starfighters though.

All too doubtful. I'd like the Mos Eisley version of the Lar's landspeeder (actually more clearly seen in ANH than its namesake) but I bet even if it was done they'd make it stupidly small - a one person vehicle passed off as a two-seater like Anakins coruscant speeder.

Jargo
02-13-2006, 01:55 PM
I wish i could remember where i saw mention of kit fisto's starfighter. possibly GH or RS I'm not sure as I've been flitting around websites like a fly in a fit.

Agreed on Plo Koons JSF. Just thought it was a nice idea. Obi's JSF with damage is more likely. As long as it isn't more 'crash 'n' bash' nonsense.

I feel certainly Bail Organa should get his speeder. it was featured quite prominently in the movie. and it's a modified version of the one Anakin stole so part of the sculpt is there. it just needs retooling at front and rear.
With the Lars speeder it would be possible to get two figures in one behind the other. which is how i always assumed the seating was arranged. If i was going to produce the lars speeder I'd make it the more colourful version seen rolling around Mos Eisley I'd pack it in a box with that globular speeder you see parked outside the cantina. A double whammy to help it sell. maybe even sell it with a figure of that little guy you see at the cantina bar next to Dannik Jerikko, he looks like he'd have a globular speeder to me.

mmm Jedi starfighters. Why on earth did they use different coloured plastics for the fuselage on all of them? The white ones look wrong and the dark grey looks wrong. mid grey would have done. (rhetorical question there)

stad
02-13-2006, 06:01 PM
I like that they have another Jedi StarFighter coming out, and I like that it is Mace's. I just don't care for all the purple. I mean, we all know Mace has a purple lightsaber, does that really mean everything he has would have purple trim? I can even handle the fighter, but the droid too? I know because I've heard it before about the fighter, but was the droid purple in the Clone Wars cartoon as well? I don't remember, because those details just weren't memorable to me.

I'm not complaining that they made the droid purple if he was in the cartoon. I just think it's ridiculous that it was done that way at all, regardless of whether the cartoon or the toy stretched the whole purple concept.

PLEASE don't tell me that Mace had purple clonetroopers too, like someone alluded to above!!

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 11:53 PM
You've got a point about everything Mace being purple, it is silly.

Honestly, all these color changes seem like a moneygrab to me, an X-wing was an X-wing back in the day, nobody cared about how many red lines were on the s-foils, it wasn't yellow or red or green or blue depending on who flew it, that is NOT utilitarian behavior.

I'd like to see them put out the Grievous Starfighter that Obi-Wan used to leave Utapau, that thing was pretty nifty.

Tycho
02-14-2006, 04:24 AM
There's a lot of mid-size to light vehicles that Hasbro could still do:

Grievous' ship (that Obi-Wan stole on Utopau)
Bail Organa's red airspeeder
Yoda's escape pod ship from Kashyyyk
Clone Trooper Swamp Speeder
Droid Army Gunship (Kashyyyk)
Tank Droid (Kashyyyk)
Wookiee Catamaran (Kashyyyk)
Scout Trooper on Speederbike (Utopau, repainted for Kashyyyk, etc)
V-19 Clone Fighter (Clone Wars cartoon, but realistic looking)
Senate Pods that can hold 4 figures and a Chancellor's podium (playset?)
Padme's star yacht from ROTS
Padme's star yacht from AOTC
Sith Infiltrator
Gungan Submarine
Dud Bolt's podracer
Teemto Pagules' podracer
Gasgano's podracer
Large homing spider droid (Geonosis)
Gian Speeder (Naboo)
Rickshaw (Tatooine)
Lake Skimmer (Naboo - AOTC)
Droid Transport carrier (not the huge MTT, but the little one - TPM)
Lars family landspeeder
Twin Pod Cloud Car (Bespin)
IG-2000 -SOTE
Hound's Toothe - SOTE (Bossk's ship)
Guri's Stinger
Xizor's Virago - SOTE
Corral Skipper - NJO

I could so on keep it going. But I'll let someone else take over.

dindae
02-15-2006, 03:40 PM
I can't say I'm too thrilled about this. It is better than nothing but I'm eager to get something new. So far the closest thing to a new vehicle for 06 is the senate pod. I understand that vehicles are expensive but with all of the Star Wars was the #1 toy in 2005 hooplah you would figure they could squeeze out at least one new mold.