PDA

View Full Version : SSG's Toy Fair LEGO Coverage

JediTricks
02-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Steve covered everything Star Wars that was there, so the Jan '06 and Summer '06 sets are both in this gallery.

Toy Fair LEGO Coverage (http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=4636)

(I think these photos cement the Sail Barge set as one of the all time best in my book - it's like a hovering pirate ship!) We'll be updating as the show continues once we get more time to get different angles and stuff opening up and close-ups of specific figures.

Slicker
02-12-2006, 06:53 AM
The Sail Barge is a definite buy and I'll agree with you JT and say that it's the best SW LEGO set yet produced. The ISD looks good but it also looks kinds small for its high price point, IMO. The rest of them I've seen in stores but haven't purchases any yet. I may go out today and get a couple so I can have something to.

On a side note. I read an article stating that LEGO and LFL have extended there contract until 2011. It also said that in the 6 year partnership the SW line has made LEGO $1 billion. Now that's impressive.

Kidhuman
02-12-2006, 11:57 AM
The barge is awesome. How many figres come with it? Looked like 8 and Jabba to me. It is a the must Lego set for the year.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 02:31 AM
8 plus Jabba, you nailed it. From memory:

Luke
Han
Chewie
Gamorrean
Lando
Leia
R2
Jabba
Fett

YEAAAH!!! Man that's a lot of minifigs! I just wish it had Bib Fortuna too, I never got that set with him back in the day.

$100 is the pricepoint on the ISD, it seems high at first but it's got over 1300 pieces and 8 minifigs so it's actually a pretty low per-part price.

Slicker
02-13-2006, 05:47 AM
$100 is the pricepoint on the ISD, it seems high at first but it's got over 1300 pieces and 8 minifigs so it's actually a pretty low per-part price.That isn't bad. I had heard and was led to believe that the price point of the ISD was in the $150-$200 range. Which would be ridiculous since you get almost a third of the pieces of the large one at two thirds of the price.

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 09:05 AM
These are two great sets, if you buy no other LEgo's this year.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
That isn't bad. I had heard and was led to believe that the price point of the ISD was in the $150-$200 range. Which would be ridiculous since you get almost a third of the pieces of the large one at two thirds of the price.
I think that was a rumor stemming from the Euros price we saw on the first European catalog shot, but as LEGO has explained, Europe and the US get different prices because of volume and market issues and other stuff. At $150 to $200, it'd be pushing the price range of the UCS ISD which would be ridiculous.

These are two great sets, if you buy no other LEgo's this year.Which you won't be able to because you can't afford more than those 2 sets. ;) I hope the ISD is around for a while 'cause it's going to have to wait for my love, the Sail Barge is first in line... well, the new Slave I is technically but that's already out.

Ji'dai
02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
I really like the Sail Barge, I'll definitely be getting that one as soon as it's released. Seems like a good value for the money with the Barge, skiff, and the Sarlacc mouth included.

The ISD is okay. The interior play area seems rather bland. I'm leaning towards getting the UCS version soon.

FBTB.net has pics in their NYC TF album (http://www.flickr.com/photos/no_onions/tags/starwars/), including a close-up shot of the Holographic Emperor. Probably a decal.