PDA

View Full Version : real or not

lukesky27
02-12-2006, 06:02 PM
Take a look at this Boba Fett that I found on Ebay...
Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/SAGA-COLLECTION-6-ERROR-BOBA-FETT-W-DARTH-VADER-HOLO_W0QQitemZ6035953851QQcategoryZ2476QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

What do you think? A real error or someone making an error?

LS27

Kidhuman
02-12-2006, 06:08 PM
Its possible since they had made them prior like that, but then again, they could have opened it up and replaced it with an error version.

bigbarada
02-12-2006, 06:41 PM
I had a VOTC Boba Fett that didn't have an emblem on his shoulder (I didn't find that out until after I opened it). So I guess it's a pretty common error for figures with very detailed paint jobs.

Bacta Beast
02-13-2006, 01:50 AM
I had a piece of toast with the face of the virgin Mary in it!:razz:

LTBasker
02-13-2006, 04:06 AM
It's common for Fett to have errors like missing emblems or missing the black paint for the T visor. I don't think theres a single Hasbro Fett figure that didn't have at least one of those happen.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 04:17 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if this were real, and it's definitely not a repack from a different Fett 'cause this is the only one with that specific missile button, the others had the round version. Now, they could have taken out the figure and altered it, but the tray isn't mangled at all, still they could have been careful or something - not showing the whole sealed package doesn't help their case - but I suspect it's not bullcrap.

Captain Spoon
02-13-2006, 09:12 AM
what kills me is that the auction ended for $10 bucks (probobly 3-4 buck more than he paid for it) and the reserve was not met, he probobly thought he was gonna get 40-50 dollars for it. EBAY scalpers are tools!

lukesky27
02-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I was wondering because there are SO many Fetts with errors on the figures. That would lead me to believe that:

a) This is just another error with Fett

b) This guy knows that and took advantage of that knowledge to change the figure.

Makes me wonder what this guy wants for this thing??

LS27

Samuel Windu
02-21-2006, 05:52 AM
2006 Saga Boba Fett w/Unpainted Visor (http://www.deathstartoys.com/Fett2006UnpaintedVisor2.jpg)

Slicker
02-21-2006, 01:12 PM
Ok, now that one looks waaaay fake for some reason. The 2 colors of red don't look like they even match up!

jaxx
02-21-2006, 02:37 PM
Ok, now that one looks waaaay fake for some reason. The 2 colors of red don't look like they even match up!

Yeah!!! Not to mention that the Boba Fett in "Samuel Windu's" post has clearly been tampered with. If you notice in the picture, the "flame" base is in front of Boba's legs in the packaging. In the ACTUAL packaging, the base is packaged behind Boba's legs.
Here's what it should look like:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSC006bobafettcardfr.jpg

Slicker
02-21-2006, 03:29 PM
Yeah!!! Not to mention that the Boba Fett in "Samuel Windu's" post has clearly been tampered with. If you notice in the picture, the "flame" base is in front of Boba's legs in the packaging. In the ACTUAL packaging, the base is packaged behind Boba's legs.
Here's what it should look like:
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/TSC/TSC006bobafettcardfr.jpg
Yes but that means nothing as there is an actual variation of this figure with the flames packaged in front of Fett. Here (http://i14.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/36/de/9a_1.JPG)

Kidhuman
02-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I also have both variations of the figure.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Hmm, on the visorless error version, the head is facing differently from the regular versions, the gun isn't placed in the tray quite right, and the top of the bubble is rumpled in a way I've never seen a TSC card behave before. Still, almost every other helmet-bearing Fett (Boba & Jango) has had visorless errors before so it's not like impossible or even that surprising if it is real.

Slicker
02-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Hmm, on the visorless error version, the head is facing differently from the regular versions, the gun isn't placed in the tray quite right, and the top of the bubble is rumpled in a way I've never seen a TSC card behave before. Still, almost every other helmet-bearing Fett (Boba & Jango) has had visorless errors before so it's not like impossible or even that surprising if it is real.I don't have a problem believing the emblemless Fett's but this one just doesn't look right. The center black part just looks purposelessy painted over with a bad color match, IMO.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
Perhaps the reason the visor section looks different is because the red part on the regular version has some weathering paint elements while this doesn't.

Darth Cruel
02-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I have seen more difficult variants created undetectably. I collect variants and will only buy them if I find them on the shelf and am confident (by how scratched the bubble is) that it is case fresh. If the bubble has ANY detectable scratches on it...it is suspect.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 08:30 PM
I have never seen a fully-convincing re-sealed bubble figure, there's always something wrong with the bubble or the cardback or the tray, ALWAYS, and I've seen a lot (Frank & sons collector show used to have tons, and I'd help Thrawn when he was doing variations editing here).

Slicker
02-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Well, the auction for the Fett this thread was made for ended and the final price was $200.

Here's the auction for those that don't wanna look back.:p (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6036531376)

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 06:24 PM
Yeesh, why would people pay this much for these errors?

Slicker
02-28-2006, 06:39 PM
Yeesh, why would people pay this much for these errors?I often wonder that too. I mess up all the time at work but no one would pay a penny for burnt electornics so I don't know why people pay for messed up paint.

El Chuxter
02-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Man, you don't know how relieved I am that this thread is about a Boba Fett figure and not about Dolly Parton. :crazed:

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Man, you don't know how relieved I am that this thread is about a Boba Fett figure and not about Dolly Parton. :crazed: They were real, but have been augmented with implants.

El Chuxter
03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I was under the impression they were 100% natural, hence the fascination in the pre-Pamela Lee world.