PDA

View Full Version : New video game movies!

El Chuxter
02-13-2006, 10:00 AM
With the success of Doom, more movies based on classic video games are in the works! Here are three trailers I saw just yesterday:

"Man, catching flies is the life. No thinking, no reports, no nothing. And all the flies you can--wait, my beeper's going off. Holy crap! Ron, I've got to clock out early. My wife's going into labor!!"
"Hey, congrats, Tony. Just watch the traffic. It's a bear."
"No problemo--WOAH!!"
[Ice Cube's voice from a passing Prius]: "Hey, sorry, little frog!"
"Environmentally friendly my a**!"
This summer: Ray Romano is Frogger. Because sometimes you just have to cross the road.

-----

[Talking Heads playing in the background of an office full of cubicles.]
Imagine you have the perfect new job. But on his first day, you discover the cubicle walls are electrified and all your co-workers are giant human-killing robots from Xylon 42. Worse, your new boss is a giant bouncing smiley face who really wants to ride your a** all day.
This summer, go Berzerk! Starring Ashton Kutcher and Emma Watson as the intern!! And featuring Kelsey Grammer as, uh, that big bouncing smiley thing.

-----

"Imagine, an island never before seen by human beings. That's where I'm going to film my movie."
"Sounds vaguely familiar, Jack."
"Shut up, Adrien."
In his own world he was king. Well, sort of second class apprentice to the king's janitor, or something. But in our world, he really seems like a jacka**.
[Naomi Watts screaming]
And when Jack Black and Adrien Brody get held up at the airport, only one short plumber can save the fair maiden.
"It's-a me, Mario!"
Coming this December: Peter Jackson's Donkey Kong!

Sith Lord 0498
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
Open on a black screen.

[VOICE-OVER]: The war between good and evil, right and wrong, darkness and light has raged since the beginning of time.

Images of warfare flash across the screen, lasting only split seconds each. Romans, Crusades, American Revolution, World War II...all are shown before the screen blacks out again.

[VOICE-OVER]: Today, that war continues on the battlefields of the future.

A series of 0s and 1s cascade across the screen in "Matrix" fashion. The binary code begins to slowly dissolves as 0s and 1s disappear.

[VOICE-OVER]: This summer, choose your side and prepare for the ultimate battle.

As the voice speaks, the code dissolves faster and faster as the camera tightens in on the three-digit code 1 0 1. The camera holds on these numbers for a few seconds before the 0 shrinks down and the 1s dissolve into straight lines.

The zero-pixel suddenly begins to bounce back and forth between the vertically-moving ones accompanying by 1970s Atari music.

The screen cuts to the title P O N G written in old Atari lettering. "The Movie" fades in beneath.

"Play for Keeps: Summer 2006"

Rogue II
02-13-2006, 01:23 PM
Blank screen with the sound of marching.

The word "Prepare" flashes on screen

A view of planet earth...camera zooms in, then turns back towards space.

Sound of marching gets louder

The word "For" flashes on screen.

Screams of people can be heard..."They're here! Run for your lives!"

Sound of marching gets even louder

The word "Invasion" appears on screen

some rockets are launched skyward....

Space Invaders, coming to a theater near you, Spring 2007.

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2006, 01:49 PM
Dick Cheney

Harry Whittington

"Duck Hunt: The Movie"

This August, Cheney's got a gun.

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 05:02 PM
Is Aerosmith doing a remake of their song for the movie Solo?

Opens with a black screen, a shot down a long hallway and it creeps towards the end.
Voice Over
Ever wonder what is outside your window at night? Tapping on the Glass, scratching its nails on the window?

An image is now appearing on screen at the End of the hallway, a suit of armor. A Goblin appears on screen and a Spear goes through it

GHOST AND GOBLINS Dec. 19th 2006.

Ji'dai
02-13-2006, 06:57 PM
This August, Cheney's got a gun. Got the makings of another Weird Al hit :D

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 10:45 PM
This November...

Crushing defeat...

"Quick, get to the next one!"
"I'm trying!!! OH GOD NO!!! LOOK OUT, IT'S COMING DOWN!!!"

Amazing adventure...

"I can't keep them spinning for long, get the robot!"
"Only your robotic agility and precision can do it!"
"Robot online, robot will comply."

Terrifying thrills...

"What do you mean 'it never ends'?!? That's imposs- DAMNIT, THEY'RE SLOWING DOWN AGAIN, WATCH THE PILLARS!!!"
"Robot, get it back to the module to recharge, QUICK!!!"
"Does not compute."

* Samuel L. Jackson *

* Paul Walker *

* and introducing R.O.B. the Robot in... *

Gyromite: Gyros of Fury

- - -

Coming this Summer...
"Well, it looks pretty old, but it is the only one here that takes just one quarter."
A world inside a computer...
"So what am I supposed to do here? What's that timer?"
A world man had long abandoned...
"I don't remember there being any giant spiders attacking people before. It's like it never ends!"
Trapped inside an arena...
"Watch out, TURN LEFT! RIGHT! RIGHT AGAIN! NOOOO! Back to the stupid core. Let's try a different one."
Where escape does not compute...
"Get that tank! Get 'em! No it's not like 'Pac-man', shut up!"
And adventure is just the beginning...
"Dude, the MCP cone is coming right at you! No it's not like 'Break-Out', shut up! AWW MAN! You made me lose... got another quarter?"
* Josh Lucas

* Sean William Scott

* and Bruce Boxleitner in...
Tron - The Video Game: The Movie

2-1B
02-13-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm still crossing my fingers for a movie version of A Boy and His Blob.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 11:05 PM
It's already being called 'a meaty treat' by reviewers all over the country. 'A movie of excellent taste' says J. Wellington Wimpy. McDonalds, Wendy's, Burger King, and Carl's Junior all give it two thumbs up. Starring Vin Diesel as Peter Pepper in - BURGERTIME - a Michael Bay film.

Kidhuman
02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Bruce Boxleitner

That is the funniest thing in this thread so far

mabudonicus
02-14-2006, 11:39 AM
hey JT, I actually have a working script of Burgertime, no joke (tho the concept of Tron:the video game: the movie is KILLER, good one sir) :beard:

I could see a bigscreen version of David's Midnight Magic getting pretty good numbers

as for arcade games, nothing could beat the pulse pounding excitement of Space Zap "This summer, one movie will put YOU in the middle of the most exciting battle of our future"

JetsAndHeels
02-14-2006, 12:10 PM
Los Angeles, 2003....

"When two of the city's most notorious gangs join forces, one man is the last hope for peace and order on the streets...."

Coming this summer, Michael Vick makes his acting debut as police officer Nick Kang. Suspended from the force for being considered a "loose cannon", officer Kang must prove himself ready to take justice to the next level.

As officer Kang infiltrates the mean streets, gang turfs, and other crime-infested areas of the city, he will also come face to face with his brother's kidnapper...

Special appearance by Marcus Vick as Nick Kang's brother, who must learn to move on from a mugging at gunpoint inside a local McDonald's...

Nick will clean the streets out and rid the city of illegal prostitution rings and brothels......spreading his brand of justice and sexually transmitted diseases along the way.

And finally officer Kang will uncover the truth about his father's death...also a former LAPD officer who happened to be murdered during an investigation......as the spirit of his father will be portrayed by Virginia Tech head football coach Frank Beamer.

This summer, crime has a new enemy...Michael Vick stars as Nick Kang in...

True Crime: Streets of LA

A Ron Mexico film

Rogue II
02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
"Speed."

Pan view of a blimp

"Danger"

video of a car crashing into a billboard and exploding into a fireball

"Excitement"

Pan view of a checkered flag waving

bloop, bloop, bloop, BLEEP!

On May 30th, Prepare to Qualify....Pole Position the Movie.

JediTricks
02-14-2006, 08:51 PM
Mabs, whatchu talkin' bout this Burgertime movie???

- - -

Fox Searchlight presents the story of a man who can't stop eating...

"Jeez, look at this guy!"

"It's disgusting, what a pig!"

"How can anybody gobble that much up?!?"

who can't stop taking pills...

"*gulp* Feel the rush, the power!!! Oh man, it's already wearing off, I need another fix."

who sees dead people...

"Why won't you bastards leave me and my family alone?!?"

and who just can't escape the rat-race...

"Oh god, it never ends! It's like I'm trapped in a maze with no way out, and every day they change it just a little - I think I'm losing my mind."

"I know honey... I know."

This December, the story of man who just wants his slice of the pie:

Pac-Man

He'll wokka-wokka his way into your heart.

DarthQuack
05-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Tron Legacy...can't wait.

JediTricks
05-14-2010, 06:29 PM
That Pac-Man one is still among my favorite writings ever.

Mabs, what ever happened with that Burgertime script?

Mad Slanted Powers
05-17-2010, 01:20 AM
Several potential video game movies already have pre-made theme songs thanks to Buckner & Garcia with their Pac-Man Fever album. Beware of buying it on CD though, as it is all re-recordings. The arrangements are decent approximations, but it was recorded 15-20 years later, and just doesn't quite have the "soul" of the original.

I'm still waiting for the Minesweeper (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHY8NKj3RKs) movie to be released.