PDA

View Full Version : Props to MR!!!

FalconFreak
02-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I've been reading some threads and found some very interesting points about quality, service and prices - all valid. But thank goodness for Master Replicas. If it wasn't for them, I'd still be playing with my handmade lightsaber from 1978 (not that that's a bad thing) and wishing upon a star that somebody, OH SOMEBODY would make authentic replicas of my favorite Star Wars weapons and vehicles!!

Amy is a great addition, I must say. She is currently bending over backwards. (but be careful - even her back will break eventually, so cut her a little slack if you can) I also want to give a plug for "Jerry" in CS - he's been good replying to my e-mails. And hey, call 'em if you have to. But let's all not forget if it wasn't for them, we might be waiting until our senior years to enjoy these awesome frivoulously delicious tidbits of movie history that have molded all our lives.

One more thing about MR prices...I know first hand about "licensing" expenses (through another corporate giant) and they are a necessary dark side. They can really jack up pricing, not to mention the R&D that go into these things. But Lucas will get paid and MR has to so they can keep doing their thang. Frankly, I'm just glad they're products aren't 2 to 3 times as much. (I have 2 FXs, a Darth Maul saber, an AT-AT, a Snow Speeder and I'm going to cash in part of an IRA for the Millenium Falcon if I have to.)

So props to the king of Star Wars props - Master Replicas! Enjoy the ones you can afford and keep saving for the ones you can't, because you'll eventually find a deal from somehwere.

JediTricks
02-13-2006, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I have to agree, Icons never did it for me, only MR could really pull out the quality of lightsaber collectibles that suited my interests - even if I can't afford the LEs, there's always the FX and the Scaled Replicas. Hasbro never really got it totally right, they were ok but not satisfying for a Star Wars prop fan like me, I wanted a "real" lightsaber, and that's what MR has delivered. Kudos!

ps - bad pun title! :p