PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day

CaptainSolo1138
02-13-2006, 01:59 PM
So tomorrow's the big day. For Valentine's day this year, I'm gonna sit in class for six and a half hours and then go home to watch "American Idol". Maybe at some point during the day I'll see my wife for ten or fifteen minutes.

Anybody else have plans?

My favorite part about February 14th is the people who wish you a "Happy "Valentime's" day. It's cute in 1st grade. After that people begin to think it may be mental retardation.

Slicker
02-13-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm quite sure that I'll be alone for my 24th consecutive Valentines Day. I'm going for the record.

JimJamBonds
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm quite sure that I'll be alone for my 24th consecutive Valentines Day. I'm going for the record.

No 'hits' from that picture and 'ad' Slick? I can't belive it! :D

Slicker
02-13-2006, 03:00 PM
No 'hits' from that picture and 'ad' Slick? I can't belive it! :DI know, huh. Maybe I should start putting a guarantee on safety.

JEDIpartner
02-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Valentine's Day is such a "forced" holiday. I mean, if you can't just randomly think of your partner/wife or whatever on an on-going basis and get them something nice or pay for a dinner or whatnot from time to time, you're an idiot who needs more than just an industry to tell you to get with it and stop being such a selfish lout! :whip:

Jargo
02-13-2006, 06:56 PM
yeah. I've been with my other half for ten years now and we gave up valentines day after the first year because it stopped being cute and started being a pain in the butt. Valentines day didn't exist before the greetings card companies thought it up anyway. And like every other sort of card there's no point to it unless the recipient is too many miles away for you to see personally or you're single and trying to hit on someone. what the hell do you wanna waste money on tacky crap for when you live with your partner? just give em a smooch and say i love you. doesn't hurt and it's a helluva lot cheaper.
And if you're single then go get a lambs heart from the butchers and give that to someone and tell em you had a mechanical one put in instead so you could give em yours.
But really. it shouldn't be about one day. love is an anytime thing. so lay some love down whenever you feel like not just coz some card companies want your money.

Rocketboy
02-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Meh. I hated Valentine's Day when I was single and I hate even more now that I'm not.
A special day to tell my wife I love her. Wow. How special.

James Boba Fettfield
02-13-2006, 08:19 PM
I will be crying in the shower with a bottle of southern comfort for most of the evening.

I will end the night with a very special episode of The Shield.

Just another Tuesday for me.

2-1B
02-13-2006, 09:54 PM
I mailed Star Wars Valentines to my niece and nephew, they'll enjoy getting them tomorrow.

Other than that, no special plans as I fly solo but I will offer a quick financial tip, if you don't already own stock in Jergens you might want to do an eTrade tomorrow morning before I get to the store and raise their sales numbers. ;)

JimJamBonds
02-14-2006, 12:04 AM
I mailed Star Wars Valentines to my niece and nephew, they'll enjoy getting them tomorrow.

Other than that, no special plans as I fly solo but I will offer a quick financial tip, if you don't already own stock in Jergens you might want to do an eTrade tomorrow morning before I get to the store and raise their sales numbers. ;)

I got a card too!!!!!!!!!!! errrr I mean that was nice of you Caesar to send those cards to your niece and nephew.

El Chuxter
02-14-2006, 12:05 AM
JimJamBonds is Caesar niece.

JimJamBonds
02-14-2006, 12:10 AM
JimJamBonds is Caesar niece.

Actually I'm his great Aunt, every year for his birthday and Christmas I give him underwear and hand knitted socks.

2-1B
02-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah, I sent one to JimJam as well, it's a Palpatine card and I addressed it from Charlotte. :love:

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-14-2006, 09:32 AM
Well, I manage a gool ol Papa Murphy's and we have heart shaped pizzas today. I wonder how many rednecks will come out of the woods to get their fat ___ed wives a heart shaped pizza to go with their Larry the Cable Guy box of chocolates and oversized stuffed bear holding a heart..........god I hate today......

El Chuxter
02-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, I sent one to JimJam as well, it's a Palpatine card and I addressed it from Charlotte. :love:

That was quite a drive from Wisconsin, eh?

Jargo
02-14-2006, 02:51 PM
I got an e-card and an e-mail from one person. and an instant message from another. Mercifully no actual cards. not even a smooch from my live in other half. fantastic. I mean I realise I'm a stud and all and think it's great that people worship the ground I walk on but sometimes ya just need a break from the deluge of panties and soft toys and all of that. it's nice to be unappreciated once in a while :D

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2006, 10:41 PM
So my day went as predicted, except we ended up in the hospital and got pizza for dinner. WOO-freakin'-HOO!

UKWildcat
02-14-2006, 11:07 PM
I just ended up listening to Akon's - "Mr. Lonely" all day and all night. :sad:

bobafrett
02-15-2006, 12:19 AM
Lets see, I woke up this morning, went to work at Wal-Mart, came home after my 8 hour shift, showered, wolfed down some KFC, went to my second job at the Y., worked another 5 hours there, came home and sat down at the computer, grabbed a beer, and started reading up here. Currently 11:21 pm central standard time.

Slicker
02-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Let's see. I woke up at 1pm (after going to sleep at 8am mind you) couldn't get back to sleep. Went to work at 10pm and was stoked because I was gonna get let out at about 1am. Then came the call that I had watch that would last 8 hours. So instead of getting out at 1am I got out at about 8am. So regardless my Valentine's Day sucked...again.

2-1B
02-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Well, I manage a gool ol Papa Murphy's and we have heart shaped pizzas today.

TAKE 'N' BAKE ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Congrats, it seems like only one in two people know that......the others just give you a blank stare and say "Uh.....this isnt cooked....".............yes I know that.......

bobafrett
02-16-2006, 10:36 PM
We sell "take n' bake" pizza's at my pizzeria.

2-1B
08-06-2006, 11:30 PM
I tried the Papa Murphy's Veggie Delite awhile back and it was really good...but I looked up the nutritional info on their website and it wasn't all that "lite." :rolleyes:

Well, compared to the regular stuff, maybe it is. :D

TeeEye7
02-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Happy Valentine's Day to all of my Sweeties out there :love:!

You know who you are............:lipsrsealed:

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
That means you, Daddypants. And Caesar.

mabudonicus
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
I am waiting for Elf to come home and then I am gonna do some SERIOUS... uhhh ... stuff :D
:beard: Iso&Baws
and there'll probably a special Valentines Day pic added elsewheres

CaptainSolo1138
02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
Mrs. Solo and I are going to play "Rockband" all night. :love:

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Surprisingly enough, my wife was insistent that we not exchange gifts. I'd normally take that with a grain of salt, but she's usually serious when she says it. She only asked for burgers on the grill and homemade chocolate chip cookies.

I didn't realize until today what a strange experience it is to grill in the snow. (Yes, I live in southern California, in a desert, and it was 80-something degrees yesterday, and still woke up to a heavy snow. There's now about 1/2" accumulated.)

Jedi_Kal-El
02-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Our anniversary is 2 weeks before so we usually don't do much for Valentines except for cards and flowers.

I can see where 1/2" would be a heavy snow out there Chux. Out here we call that a dusting. Don't even break out the plows for that much.:D

El Chuxter
02-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I grew up in the mountains back east. The only thing about such a snow out here that I find weird is how everyone goes ape over it. Folks stop their cars and go out and play in the dust, and I'm thinking, "It's not even covering the grass yet!"

Jedi_Kal-El
02-14-2008, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I grew up in the mountains back east. The only thing about such a snow out here that I find weird is how everyone goes ape over it. Folks stop their cars and go out and play in the dust, and I'm thinking, "It's not even covering the grass yet!"

Yeah, my family back in Vegas goes nuts when it "snows". Only time it ever snowed heavy and stayed on the ground out there was when I was 5.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Today we have to keep packing for the move tomorrow and Saturday (finally) and I'll be seeing my lady friend this weekend, so I guess that's good enough.

I always find it interesting how they have Toy Fair a few days after Valentine's Day, perhaps to distract many of us away from the holiday that we won't be celebrating . . .

Jargo
02-14-2008, 05:05 PM
lonely single white male supplication therapy. no booty so there's shiny shiny instead. gadgets and toys. action figures of busty superhero chicks wearing nothing but a few straps of clothing and a pout. yeah it's your average geeks dream come true. shove a wonder woman down their pants and....

lol kidding.

"is that a Jean Gray in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?"

no really I'm just kidding.

Valentine's day, yes! I got a smooch from my BF and a phone call from my lover. but then, I get that most days. local kids are off school this week and they've been nice and quiet. My BF has gone out to meet some pals for a drinkypoo. I'm sitting here in my PJ's and robe buying lego on ebay. perfect evening. haha

Slicker
02-15-2008, 02:11 AM
I guess Happy Valentines Day.

I sent my momma some flowers and I also sent some to a friend. (it was Bin Naysho if you care Cappy. :thumbsup:)

Rebo's_Guitarist
02-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Goodbye heart shape pizzas, until we meet again....

Good ridance to bad rubish.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-15-2008, 07:47 PM
I didn't realize until today what a strange experience it is to grill in the snow. (Yes, I live in southern California, in a desert, and it was 80-something degrees yesterday, and still woke up to a heavy snow. There's now about 1/2" accumulated.)Where I was, Chux, it was more of sleet (sideways solid rain might be a better description with the really heavy winds). That was weird.

As far as this holiday goes, I really do not like it. No, sir, I don't like it. Never have. Could be the fact that I have a three-decade+ losing streak on this particular date on the calendar. I have fonder memories of a three-month, 16,000+ mile driving trip in the '90s where I left on the 13th, so the 14th of Feb. was the first full day (alliteration is awesome! :D ).

bobafrett
02-16-2008, 11:40 AM
I had valentines morning off, but my fiance was working. I had some flowers delivered to my house, 2 dozen roses from proflowers.com after reading about it in another thread here at SSG. I was expecting to have them delivered from some local floral shop, instead they were sent in a box through FedEx. Then I went and worked my evening job and the flowers were there for my lady to enjoy when she got home.

I could use a beer right about now.

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
I also sent some to a friend. (it was Bin Naysho if you care Cappy. :thumbsup:)I was there when they were delivered. Giggity!;)

Slicker
02-19-2008, 06:42 AM
I was there when they were delivered. Giggity!;)
Ohhhh,,,,,,burrrrrrn. got me gud bich!!!

Then what kind of flowers did I send?

Rocketboy
02-19-2008, 07:17 AM
Then what kind of flowers did I send?
He was too busy concentrating on the "tulips" to care.

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2008, 12:08 PM
He was too busy concentrating on the "tulips" to care.
Tulips on an organ are far better than roses on a piano, after all.

2-1B
02-19-2008, 08:24 PM
All I find when I go hunting with my tulips are thorns.