PDA

View Full Version : Jason Vorhees Lives!

JimJamBonds
02-14-2006, 11:12 PM
According to the following website there is going to be another Friday the 13th and yes its going to be a prequel. I'm sure it will be good. :rolleyes:

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/eo/20060214/113997180000.html

Kidhuman
02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
In the last words of Darth Vader...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!OOOOOO!!!!!

JimJamBonds
02-14-2006, 11:17 PM
In the last words of Darth Vader...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! !!OOOOOO!!!!!

Don't you mean in the first words of Darth Vader. :D

Kidhuman
02-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Depends on the point of view.

James Boba Fettfield
02-14-2006, 11:30 PM
The franchise is and has been lame for a long, long time. The first and second are somewhat okay at best.

UKWildcat
02-14-2006, 11:54 PM
Hmmm... Interesting...

I like Michael Bay and he is a pretty good director, so this one can have/show some promise. I'm kinda nervous that they are going to rush and try to make it out before this Oct., Halloween. I'm going to be optimistic.

I liked the first few installments in the Friday the 13th franchise. After that it got really repetative but I still enjoyed watching them, for the most part. Most of the deaths and resurrections of Jason became far fetched and humorous though. Jason X was just downright horrible. I actually enjoyed Freddy vs. Jason. It was a lot better than I was anticipating.

Of course my favorite genre is Horror, so I am a little biased.

2-1B
02-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Why does it say this will be the 11th in the series when it's actually gonna be the 12th? And what kind of prequel starring Jason is going to be made? I think they covered that with the flashback sequences from FvJ.

Meh, I enjoy this series so I'll give it a look. JimJam you are always welcome to borrow my Paramount boxset and the New Line Trilogy, you know. ;)

JimJamBonds
02-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Meh, I enjoy this series so I'll give it a look. JimJam you are always welcome to borrow my Paramount boxset and the New Line Trilogy, you know. ;)

I'll get on that as soon as I get done with Deadwood. ;)

2-1B
02-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I'll get on that as soon as I get done with Deadwood. ;)

first I have to get Deadwood back after being out on loan for 6+ months. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM
first I have to get Deadwood back after being out on loan for 6+ months. lol lol lol

Hopefully by then you'll have picked up Season II. :D

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 02:12 PM
Hopefully by then you'll have picked up Season II. :D

So Caesar's not getting his DVD's back for another several months? Shame, JimJam. Shame.

Uh, seriously, not to get too far off topic, but--never mind. I'll ask in the Deadwood thread.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Why does it say this will be the 11th in the series when it's actually gonna be the 12th?
Maybe they're counting FvJ as a non-entry since it's also part of the Nightmare on Elm Street series? Dunno.

This sounds stupid. Will it even be a horror movie? Wouldn't he just be a kid?

El Chuxter
02-15-2006, 06:21 PM
Maybe it'll be Friday the 13th: The NES Videogame: The Movie!!

UKWildcat
02-15-2006, 07:58 PM
This sounds stupid. Will it even be a horror movie? Wouldn't he just be a kid?

If it is going to be a prequel it will probably be what happened in between the first and second movies. The first one, yes, he was a kid. The second one he is grown up and is Jason Voorhees as we know him now, for the most part. I could maybe see them explaining/showing what happeend in between those years/movies (w/ a lot of killing of course).

Either way, I will be interested to see what the plot is. Since they are trying to rush and make the movie it probably won't be too long before we know.

JetsAndHeels
02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
I like the 13th series so I will probably go see this. Just hope they don't make another garbage film like Jason X was. I thought FvJ was pretty decent.

JimJamBonds
02-16-2006, 12:09 AM
So Caesar's not getting his DVD's back for another several months? Shame, JimJam. Shame.

I'm not the one who's had it for months, I'm just the guy who's been asking for it for months! :D

2-1B
02-16-2006, 03:12 AM
But now that I can finally pirate copyrighted movies and share with friends make legal backups of my DVDs, I shouldn't have to suffer through these long rental periods. Hey there's an idea, I should charge rent and late fees. That would make me have to wait only 3 months instead of 6. :p

JimJamBonds
02-17-2006, 11:55 AM
But now that I can finally pirate copyrighted movies and share with friends make legal backups of my DVDs, I shouldn't have to suffer through these long rental periods. Hey there's an idea, I should charge rent and late fees. That would make me have to wait only 3 months instead of 6. :p

Well first you have to get Corpsewood back before you can make legal backups for your personal archives. :D Charging late fees? Yeah I should have done that when Tool had my Metallica concert tape for 10 months a few years back. :yes:

Sith Lord 0498
02-18-2006, 02:21 PM
If it is going to be a prequel it will probably be what happened in between the first and second movies. The first one, yes, he was a kid. The second one he is grown up and is Jason Voorhees as we know him now, for the most part. I could maybe see them explaining/showing what happeend in between those years/movies (w/ a lot of killing of course).

Either way, I will be interested to see what the plot is. Since they are trying to rush and make the movie it probably won't be too long before we know.

According to that Yahoo Movies' story, it's a prequel to the first Friday movie, which doesn't make any sense. That would mean it deals with Pamela Voorhees and most likely those previous attempts to reopen Crystal Lake before Steve Christy did it in 1980. If I remember correctly, that would only mean two murders (the ones we saw in the pre-credit sequence of Friday 1) and then just mere sabotage. So unless they screw with established history and continuity (which they probably will), here's what we have to look forward to:

No Jason

No murders...just summer camp terroristic sabotage

And NO JASON!!!

What would even be the point of a prequel. If they're going to push ahead with it, just do a remake of the first movie and potentially make Jason the killer right from the start and leave out Pamela Voorhees. I'm not saying that movie would even be good, but it'd be much better than a prequel.

JimJamBonds
02-23-2006, 01:26 PM
I got this from Yahoo........

Jonathan Liebesman, director of the upcoming "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" prequel, is in negotiations to direct the remake of horror classic "Friday the 13th" for New Line Cinema.
"Friday" made Jason, the unstoppable hockey mask-wearing killer, a 1980s horror icon, though the serial killer made only a brief appearance in the final frames of the first movie. Jason didn't even don the famous mask until the third movie.
Jason will wear the mask for the remake, written by Mark Wheaton, which will incorporate components of the franchise's films. The setting will be that of the first movie, Crystal Lake.
Liebesman is wrapping production on the untitled "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" prequel, which, like the "Friday" remake, is produced by Platinum Dunes for New Line. A Friday the 13th does fall in October this year, and there was speculation that the movie would be made quickly to capitalize on that. But Platinum Dunes and New Line already have scheduled the "Texas Chainsaw prequel for release that month, on October 6. "Friday" will be a 2007 release.

Slicker
02-23-2006, 01:34 PM
I saw that yesterday but couldn't find this thread to post it it. Anywho, I hope it's done up right and that Jason at least holds true to his past form and doesn't get overdone.

They also damn well better put some boobies in there as it wouldn't be a Friday the 13th movie without 'em.

James Boba Fettfield
02-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Oh my, with each new piece of news it only gets worse.

JimJamBonds
02-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Oh my, with each new piece of news it only gets worse.

Glad I could help you out! :D

UKWildcat
02-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Well atleast it sounds like they aren't going to rush and make a horrible movie by Oct. If they take their time it could be more promising. Like I said earlier, I'm going to try my best and be optimistic.

Texas Chainsaw Prequel (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0420294/)? Could be interesting. :ermm:

2-1B
10-14-2006, 05:17 PM
happy belated Jason Vorhees Day everybody !

yesterday was Friday the 13th...anybody celebrate by revisiting Crystal Lake on DVD? :grin:

2-1B
02-15-2009, 08:42 PM
No?

Well then...did anybody celebrate by seeing the remake/reboot/reimagining of the first 4 F13 movies?

Darth Jax
02-15-2009, 08:58 PM
i'm seeing it tomorrow. sounds like you already saw it, thoughts?

2-1B
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I will do this without any spoilers:

Overall, I really enjoyed it. It was much better than I hoped for, considering all of the recent remakes of horror flix. It had a lot of cool stuff in it (keep in mind I am a Friday fan to begin with).

It wasn't without its faults and I will say more than anything what bothered me were the couple of times where I thought it felt more like Texas Chainsaw Massacre than Friday the 13th. Yeah, the same guy directed both so I'm sure it's an easy criticism but I found myself noticing that a few times in the movie.

Overall though, definitely worth a watch and I'd say it ranks in the top half of all the Friday movies. :)

Darth Jax
02-16-2009, 09:37 PM
certainly can understand the TCM comments after watching it.

i didn't really have any expectations or pre-conceived notions about this film going in. overall it was an ok slasher movie. could have easily have been a stand-alone film with "villain" dispatching teens and not been tied into the F13th franchise.

2-1B
02-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Okay, now I'm going to go into Spoilers.

Since Jax saw it....

Here's the TCM-y type stuff to me:

1) The old lady who warns Clay about how "he" wants to be left alone.
Ok, I won't complain about a character like this, since it reminds me of the crazy old man from the F13 part 2. However, she seemed like she was a character from TCM remake, so that bugged me.

2) Jason and his underground lair with a series of tunnels, it felt too "workshop-y" to me, like he was Leatherface or something.

unofficial 3) Some people were complaining online about Jason killing that girl by hanging her sleeping bag over the fire, that it wasn't Jason-like but more Leatherface-like...I didn't really have a problem with that approach but I can see the point.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. Could have used some more throwback music to the original flix, though.

Darth Jax
02-16-2009, 11:05 PM
1) The old lady who warns Clay about how "he" wants to be left alone.
Ok, I won't complain about a character like this, since it reminds me of the crazy old man from the F13 part 2. However, she seemed like she was a character from TCM remake, so that bugged me.

2) Jason and his underground lair with a series of tunnels, it felt too "workshop-y" to me, like he was Leatherface or something.

unofficial 3) Some people were complaining online about Jason killing that girl by hanging her sleeping bag over the fire, that it wasn't Jason-like but more Leatherface-like...I didn't really have a problem with that approach but I can see the point.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. Could have used some more throwback music to the original flix, though.

1. i thought she was in TCM. parts 1 & 2 had someone warning people to stay away from crystal lake. and part 5 had the weird neighbor lady. but there's never been any indication in previous films that if you don't disturb Jason that you're safe. plenty of townsfolk are victims.

2. the tunnels were bad enough, but Whitney being locked away was worse.

3. i didn't like the sleeping bag, Jason kills outright, he doesn't seem to torture his victims or plan for them to have a slow death.

the most TCM-like for me was the bear trap and warning bells though.

2-1B
02-17-2009, 09:20 PM
Good points Jax, well the beartrap didn't bother me so much but I see what you are saying.

How about the ending? I don't know if that was supposed to be an homage to the original's ending, but I thought it could have been done better. The sequel could improve upon that, though.

Darth Jax
02-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Good points Jax, well the beartrap didn't bother me so much but I see what you are saying.

showing the archery trophies and the board with all the knots, we're supposed to believe that Jason is an intelligent woodsperson who just wants to be left alone. so the trap and improvised escape route/tunnels and warning/alert system should make sense. but to me Jason will also be a nearly mindless, tireless killing machine.

How about the ending? I don't know if that was supposed to be an homage to the original's ending, but I thought it could have been done better. The sequel could improve upon that, though.

the ending was definitely a homage to the original.

several of the movies have ended with Jason submerged or otherwise restrained within Crystal Lake. don't know why or what they were thinking/doing at the end though.

2-1B
02-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Yeah, but at least with the ending of the original, they cut away to the girl in the hospital, so it had a creepy ending but still somewhat satisfying (err, until the beginning of the sequel, that is).

Ok, I had the same thought of "what are they doing?" at the end of the remake, dumping him like that...I didn't like it at first, because why wouldn't they leave the body for the authorities???

Then I considered the dead cop, so it's not like there wouldn't be an investigation.
I still think it was dumb for them to drag him to the lake that way.

Darth Jax
02-19-2009, 08:23 AM
if there is a sequel, it'll be interesting to see if they expand on the ending or just have another group(s) of teens venturing into the woods for the slaughter

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Did anybody happen to catch "His name was Jason"? It's a documentary type special on the films, merchandise, etc. Tom Savini hosts it, and its pretty good.

I saw the new flick 3 times actually....once with the girlfriend, once with a buddy I used to work with, and once with another pal. Since all of our schedules are different, it took 3 times to see it with everyone.

I enjoyed the flick alot (of course there are some things I could nit-pick about*) and I look forward to getting it on dvd...which I hear will be an extended cut with extra footage.

*like why did the Star Wars fan have to be the 1st to get picked off? :)