PDA

View Full Version : If I was LucasArts I'd be Mad!

C5Jedi
02-16-2006, 06:29 PM
So SW Empire at War is released today. Best Buy had included it in their flyer last Sunday showing it was out today along with a collectors edition for $59.95.

I go to my local Best Buy to buy the collectors edition (extra maps) and guess what - they have 1 collectors edition for in store use. None to sell. None on order.

A second Best Buy in my area - Has None on order and 2 in store (only 1 for sale as the other one is for store use).

I shouldn't be surprised but retail stores anymore are really afraid to stock Star Wars items as they might actually sell. lol

decadentdave
02-16-2006, 10:20 PM
My local WORST BUY sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in on New Release Tuesday to buy a new DVD and it is not even in stock. In fact, just a few weeks ago I went in to buy The Flash DVD box set that was advertised in their weekly flyer and included the BB exclusive comic book only to find none on the sales floor. When I asked the clueless sales associate they led me directly to the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon serial! NO! THE FLASH!!! I even pointed out the ad in their flyer and they looked it up in their computer inventory which showed zero on order and they said I could order it from their website. Do you think I would be in the store the day of release if I wanted to order it from their website?!?!? This is why I pre-order most of my DVDs from Amazon or DeepDiscount.

C5Jedi
02-17-2006, 03:35 AM
My local WORST BUY sucks. I can't tell you how many times I've gone in on New Release Tuesday to buy a new DVD and it is not even in stock. In fact, just a few weeks ago I went in to buy The Flash DVD box set that was advertised in their weekly flyer and included the BB exclusive comic book only to find none on the sales floor. When I asked the clueless sales associate they led me directly to the Buster Crabbe Flash Gordon serial! NO! THE FLASH!!! I even pointed out the ad in their flyer and they looked it up in their computer inventory which showed zero on order and they said I could order it from their website. Do you think I would be in the store the day of release if I wanted to order it from their website?!?!? This is why I pre-order most of my DVDs from Amazon or DeepDiscount.

I hear you. Clueless sales associates is right. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "but you can order it from our website" speech...

scruffziller
02-18-2006, 02:14 PM
I hear you. Clueless sales associates is right. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "but you can order it from our website" speech...

Clueless sales associate!!!!:D Well then if I can order from their website, they don't need to keep you hired on then do they!!!:yes:

I swear, I can't believe the computer associates at the Worst Buy in Des Moines have no clue as to what a motherboard is.:rolleyes: