View Full Version : Taxes!

plasticfetish
02-17-2006, 04:41 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggg!!!

:frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

(Ah... OK. I feel better now.)

Slicker
02-17-2006, 05:46 AM
They aren't that bad. I already did mine and got my refund back.

And BTW, I did them myself so it's not that tough.:whip:

plasticfetish
02-17-2006, 06:16 AM
No, you're right, it could be worse... but I moved this year and have had to fill out forms for two different states. :crazed: (Next year someone else will be doing this for me, that's for sure.)

Slicker
02-17-2006, 06:23 AM
No, you're right, it could be worse... but I moved this year and have had to fill out forms for two different states. :crazed: (Next year someone else will be doing this for me, that's for sure.)And that's the reason why I did mine and got the refund back so fast is because I didn't have to file state taxes this year. Only federal and they took about 10 minutes on the internet. I just don't see the point in paying someone to do your taxes when it's very easy to do your own.

Kidhuman
02-17-2006, 07:10 AM
I always go to H&R. Got my refund and spent it already.

Lazer Brain
02-17-2006, 09:01 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!>>>>>>>>>I wait to the very last second to pay, I always owe a first born and a apendage of there choosing.dang it.
later

dr_evazan22
02-17-2006, 09:28 AM
My DE state taxes are all screwed up. I never owed anything until I moved to DE. I had to ask my employer to take an additional amount just so I wouldn't owe.

vader68
02-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Here in Connecticut, it seems like we always have to pay state taxes no matter what. This year my wife has changed jobs twice, plus has been on uneployment for a month.One of the jobs was out of stae, in NY. We also have 3 kids, so we have a tax guy do ours it is just easier. I remember the days when all I had to do was one easy form that I could do myself.

El Chuxter
02-17-2006, 11:20 AM
What did Darth Vader say when he finished his tax return?

Wait for it. . . .

Wait for it. . . .

Wait for it. . . .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

JimJamBonds
02-17-2006, 11:28 AM
I use TurboTax, super quick and easy. Although my taxes are not all that difficult to begin with.

Slicker
02-17-2006, 11:37 AM
What did Darth Vader say when he finished his tax return?

Wait for it. . . .

Wait for it. . . .

Wait for it. . . .

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

What a Flornbi.

I use TurboTax, super quick and easy. Although my taxes are not all that difficult to begin with.That's the same thing I used for mine. As I said I only had an easy federal return to do so I would have been foolish to pay someone to do it.

CaptainSolo1138
02-17-2006, 12:04 PM
My father-in-law did ours for us again this year and got us back a tasty chunk o' cash.

I can't wait til next year when we'll have twins to claim! $$$$$$$:)$$$$$$$

plasticfetish
02-17-2006, 02:34 PM
I can't wait til next year when we'll have twins to claim!Ah... sweet, sweet child tax credit. Makes all of those late night feedings and dirty diapers (the kid's, not mine) all worth while. ;)

(Twins? Dude, seriously... you should be taking a nap instead of posting here. When the twins come you're going to be very tired.)

vader68
02-17-2006, 02:49 PM
I have twins, thank god for the tax credit, because they drain the life out of you. THEY are taking a nap, that is why I am able to post here now.

Kidhuman
02-17-2006, 03:05 PM
Child tax credit rocks. It comes in handy very, very much. Solo, with the twins and being a student, my taxes should go right to you.

maatu
02-17-2006, 05:34 PM
i work for the Irs and i get screwed in 2 ways by them.

DarthQuack
02-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Can anyone suggest some ways to do it besides TurboTax? Any other user-friendly services?

plasticfetish
02-17-2006, 07:55 PM
Can anyone suggest some ways to do it besides TurboTax? Any other user-friendly services?You know, I've always done my taxes two ways. If we made enough money and had a bunch of deductions or whatever, then I just go to an accountant (brave soldier of the tax codes) and let him do it. I think I payed about $100 last time to a friends dad, who's super smart and honest. Otherwise, I just pull the forms up online and roll through them on my own.

It just depends how much hassle you're willing to deal with. I've never bothered with tax softwear, figuring that if I was going to spend the money, I might as well pay a person to do it.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-17-2006, 08:50 PM
I can understand and don't mind that our government takes almost 30% of our incomes, but what makes me :frus: is what it is used for (most of it will go to pay interest down the debt above anything else) and how it is mismanaged to h-e-doublehockeysticks.

Rocketboy
02-17-2006, 10:50 PM
(Twins? Dude, seriously... you should be taking a nap instead of posting here. When the twins come you're going to be very tired.)Shoot, he's getting as much posting time as possible now. When June hits, he'll wrist deep in poopy diapers every day.

2-1B
02-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Mine will not be a popular opinion here but I don't think parents should get these tax credits. If anything, they should pay more. I also think married people should have to put up with the so called "marriage penalty" - I have no problem with that.

bobafrett
02-18-2006, 06:40 AM
I have had to use a Tax preparer to do mine, since I get to write off my mileage for my delivery job, plus there just ain't enough time in my busy schedule to sit down and throw my tax forms at the wall several times in anger.

As far as the child Tax credit goes, I have my son living with me, and he has for the past three years. His @#%&* mother keeps using him on her taxes even though she lives in Florida and I live in Illinois. Oh yes, and she still gets child support too, which I can't even get a tax break on.

Taxes needless to say, are a touchy subject around me.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-18-2006, 10:48 AM
I can't wait til next year when we'll have twins to claim! $$$$$$$:)$$$$$$$

Just do your twins a favor, don't dress them up in identical clothes. The novelty wears off quickly.

Okay, if you must dress them the same, at least stop that practice when they reach 15. High school was a living hell for me! :cry:

LusiferSam
02-18-2006, 12:33 PM
My taxes suck big time. I have a professional do mine. It's not that I couldn't do my own, but when you pay quarterly want them done right every time.

CaptainSolo1138
02-18-2006, 04:28 PM
(Twins? Dude, seriously... you should be taking a nap instead of posting here. When the twins come you're going to be very tired.)That same sentiment has been echoed by everyone from my boss to the bartender at the bar I frequent. I'm not looking forward to that particular part, but it doesn't last forever. Or does it?!

Solo, with the twins and being a student, my taxes should go right to you.You still have my address, right? Just make your checks payable to me!:D

Just do your twins a favor, don't dress them up in identical clothes. The novelty wears off quickly.Thankfully, we're having a boy and a girl. So aside from matching patterns (which my wife is already a big fan of it would seem based on their already packed closet of clothes and her most recent order to oldnavy.com) it won't be too bad.

Kidhuman
02-18-2006, 10:02 PM
Nice Solo, I am the one who typed what you have Chux as quoted.

2-1B
02-18-2006, 11:34 PM
That's funny KH because I just confused you with Nicole Kidman.

Seriously, I had up some page with entertainment headlines and it said "Kidman something something (can't remember)" and I was all, "wha?" 'cause at a glance I thought it said Kidhuman.

timmae
02-19-2006, 12:09 AM
went to my guy thursday. it's like going to court for a ticket. i owe bigtime. at least the 2 states thing is behind me. was hoping to find a figure before or after to cheer me up(no luck). i agree with using turbotax or doing them yourself if possible. i think it's a scam to charge 225 dollars for 25-30 minutes of nothing(and having to wait for your guy being 30 minlate). talk about scalping. then paying 6k + in child support + 60% of medical for your child and not being able to write off nothing!

Kidhuman
02-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Caesar, a quick glance at your tar and I thought you were Mr. Freeman

Bel-Cam Jos
02-19-2006, 10:04 AM
Being unmarried, I get zinged a bit. Having some education deductions (which seem to get removed more and more lately) helps. I also, like someone here posted, I request that more be taken out of each paycheck so I seldom owe at the end; I prefer having less each month that I expect than having a big debt come April-ish. I get teeny returns or amounts owed from state (I think my biggest debt or payment has been $36 or something), and usually a fair amount coming back from federal.

I've had the same tax preparer do it the last few years because they have my records there and can pull up the previous year's numbers quickly. It takes me about a half an hour, and I wait about a week or two for any returns or find out how much I owe, if any.

CaptainSolo1138
02-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Nice Solo, I am the one who typed what you have Chux as quoted.
Uhhh....yeah, I know.....uhhhhh......I was gonna....ummm...take his tax return.....yeah, that's it.:D

Kidhuman
02-19-2006, 09:14 PM
What a maroon :rolleyes: