PDA

View Full Version : NFL Offseason 2006

JetsAndHeels
02-17-2006, 12:33 PM
I figured it was time to go ahead and start an offseason thread for the NFL, now that the 05-06 season is in the books. Congrats to the Steelers and all their fans. Your title defense begins this year!!

I will start off with my team, the Jets. This week they asked qb Chad Pennington to take a cut on his salary to 1 million dollars this year. Chad has missed 22 of the past 48 regular season games in the past 3 years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that he has not come close to fulfiling his service for the 64 million dollar contract he signed nearly 2 years ago. Well, later today it was announced that Chad's agent refused the request by the organization to take the pay cut.
So basically the Jets have until March 3 to either live with his current contract, make another negotiation, or just flat out cut him and take the cap hit.
Personally I say if he can't take a pay cut and stay he needs to be cut. He is darn lucky that the team still wants him at all. If he thinks he will get more than a million dollars from another team he is in for a rude awakening. An injury-prone qb who is now recovering from his second torn rotator cuff isn't what you would necessarily call a player in high demand.
Other than that, the team is also looking to restructure with Curtis Martin, Laveranues Coles, Kevin Mawae, and Pete Kendall.

Can't wait for the draft in April.

JimJamBonds
02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
The Packers: they are going to blow!

Slicker
02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
The Packers: they are going to blow!Going to? Hel1, they already do. Now the Lions on the other hand are about one player away from being in the playoffs...seriously. Give them a good QB and they're in like Flint.

JimJamBonds
02-17-2006, 01:14 PM
Going to? Hel1, they already do. Now the Lions on the other hand are about one player away from being in the playoffs...seriously. Give them a good QB and they're in like Flint.

Last time I checked the Packers are undefeated in '06. Now the 05-06 team sucked. :D

Kidhuman
02-17-2006, 01:24 PM
What the Jets need to do is pick un Dante. For a 2nd round pick, he will help them alot.

Packers will be 6-10 this year.

Lions(if they get a QB) will make the playoffs in the weak division they have.

2-1B
02-17-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd like the Packers to go 0-16 this year because as much as I disliked The Shermanator, I can't STAND these two clowns they have now in "Double T" Ted Thompson and Mumbles McCarthy. I wouldn't mind if I didn't live in this media market but enough is enough already.

I'd like the NFL to stop talking about playing in England and to especially stop talking about Los Angeles and why they should have a team. If they want to relocate a current franchise there, fine by me, but if they expand and screw up the perfect division structure / schedule rotation I am going to snap.

I'd like them to do something about instant replay, I want there to be a system in place but enough of this "non-reviewable" BS. I want a decent system, not one with loopholes and second guessing after it's too late.

I'd like them to reflect on the 2005 Playoffs and how terrible I thought they were. I am an NFL nut in many ways and I plan my Sept-Jan schedule around the league. I'm sad every year when the regular season winds down but am comforted by the sudden death intensity of the playoffs. Not this year though, as most of the games sucked.

I'd like my Browns to stop wearing their white jerseys at home. There's no excuse for this. Period. Maybe if they wore the orange pants but they don't, so why are they wearing all white at home? Once a year they wear the brown at home it seems, and the white is just so dull.
This goes for all other teams in the league, too. I understand some of the hot southern cities want to wear the white and make their opponents wear darker jerseys but I'd like the uniform policy to be...uniform. There's no reason that in the NFC East, for example, the Cowboys and Redskins wear white at home while the Eagles and Giants wear their dark jerseys.

I'd like the Giants to stop wearing those uniforms that look like they're playing in the 1950s. Get rid of the gray. I don't need to see Frank Gifford's yearbook played out in front of me.

I'd like the referees to stop being so crusty and annoying. Jeff Triplette, I cringe when you call a game and I have to listen to you. Tom White, you bother me with your punching of your hand to signal a first down. Ed Hochuli, you're a bada** mother****er and I like your style. Keep it up.

That's off the top of my head. lol

JimJamBonds
02-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Hey Ceasar did you see Mumbles McCarthy's daughter??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I'd like the Jets and Giants to be called NEW JERSEY!

I'd like the statement "_____ nation" to end, to my knowledge the Raiders were the first. They get a free pass as for the other 29 teams its time to stop that. And for those that have a problem with this as a high school English teacher of mine used to say "ts"......... "tough sledding."

I'd like fans to stop saying "we" when talking about a team, hey if you don't have a share of ownership of play for said team they aren't "yours."

I'd like to see the number of wife/family shots during a game to be less then two times. "hey there is Bart Farve's wife" big effing deal show the players when a big play happens not some guys wife.

I'd like "Over/under" Al Michaels to get through a season without any poor attempts on his part to cover the fact he has money on the game he is doing.

Paul 'What-do-I-do?' should no longer be commish of the league. Instead put somebody in the league that won't fine a player for wearing a sticker of a fallen player (Jake Plummer got fined for wearing a '42' on his helmet in honor of Pat Tillman) or only give $1 million for hurricane relief when the league's coffers are far deeper. Or give multi millionares money for reloacating to Texas when that money could have gone to a much better cause.

Last but not least I'd like Frank Caliendo to replace John Madden. Frank from now on should take John's place, have him in full costume and have "Over/under" Al call him John. Madden is useless when it comes to actually talking about football.

2-1B
02-18-2006, 12:11 AM
Yet Madden is very useful when it comes to talking about Brett Favre.

And yes I've seen Lil Mumbles but please stop talking about her as I'd rather not go to jail....or Hell.

JimJamBonds
02-18-2006, 12:21 AM

And yes I've seen Lil Mumbles but please stop talking about her as I'd rather not go to jail....or Hell.

Very true, same here.

JetsAndHeels
02-18-2006, 07:38 AM
What the Jets need to do is pick un Dante. For a 2nd round pick, he will help them alot.

Actually yesterday on Around the Horn Michael Smith sort of hinted that we (that was for you JimJam :) ) were looking at taking Vanderbilt qb Jay Cutler with the 4th overall pick. I am not so sure of this, but Cutler's stock has risen during the past few weeks with the senior bowl workouts and such.
Personally I would rather the Jets get a solid offensive tackle to help protect the qb, no matter who it is. You have to protect your investment at the qb position more than any other.

2-1B
02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
I want the Packers to draft AJ Hawk so that I can go up to the practices this summer, walk up to him afterwards, and rattle off one of my favorite lines from Over the Top - "Are you Hawk? I'm Smasher."

(If you've seen Over the Top, believe me that's funny. lol lol lol Otherwise, it doesn't make sense. :D )

figrin bran
02-20-2006, 06:00 PM

i think they've already slated Madden to do the introductions and proceedings for Favre's hall of fame induction, whenever it may be.

i didn't realize there was this thread otherwise i would've posted about Ricky the VW Bus right here. way to reward Saban for looking out for you and giving you an undeserved 2nd chance this past season. :mad: i'm not even a dolphins fan and it still gets me upset.

Millen has his eye on Santonio Holmes, right? because you can never have too many 1st round WR's! :p

i've been hearing talk about TO going to either Denver or KC. haha, i'd love to see how Herm handles him!

JetsAndHeels
02-20-2006, 08:41 PM
i've been hearing talk about TO going to either Denver or KC. haha, i'd love to see how Herm handles him!

KC would be the perfect scenario for TO, because under Herm he could do whatever he darn well wanted to. All Herm would do is pat him on the shoulder and say "good job son, we'll talk about this next time."

figrin bran
02-23-2006, 01:45 AM
The Chargers are crazy if they let Drew Brees walk away but it looks like they just might do that and it looks like Daunte Culpepper could get traded or cut since he counts so much against the cap. QB starved teams, start lining up.

Kidhuman
02-23-2006, 03:31 AM
Alot of the QB starved teams have early picks in the draft(Jets, Dolphins, etc...) so if they dont grab these people or early draft picks(Lienhart, Young) there will be trades in the draft.

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2006, 08:40 AM
Hey guys, I am getting pretty nervous about this CBA business. Looks like there will not be a new deal before March 3rd and that can only mean more bad news for the league. There will not be a salary cap next year, and possibly no football in 2008. I imagine a strike could come sooner than that, but just the possibility of one has me very jittery.
What do you all think about it? Could we be looking at another situation like what happened with hockey last year?

2-1B
02-25-2006, 09:15 AM
I think BOTH sides would be idiotic to not get a deal done - if they are trying to lose their title as the coolest pro sport in the USA, this is a perfect way to achieve that. :rolleyes:

But I must have faith that a deal will get done eventually. Look at hockey, that didn't accomplish anything by losing a season. I hope the NFL doesn't make the same mistake.

I don't know if I could go a whole season without any football picks to make in the pools. :crazed:

JetsAndHeels
02-25-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't know if I could go a whole season without any football picks to make in the pools. :crazed:

I know that I cannot go a year without NFL football. Sure I would have college football to fall on but there are so many different things that go with NFL (the fantasy teams, the pools, etc) that we would miss out on. I don't even want to think about that. :sad:

Darth Cruel
02-25-2006, 09:36 AM
My wife is terrified of the mere thought of me having to go a year without NFL football. It won't happen, though.

figrin bran
02-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Vince Young scored a 6 on the wonderlic???? (allegedly)

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 10:37 AM
There must be something more to it. I just took a shortened version, (17 questions, 5 minute time limit) and got 16 of 17. And I am no brainiac.

Slicker
02-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Or maybe he's that damn ignorant.

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 03:36 PM
You have a link for the site to take the test?

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 03:49 PM
You have a link for the site to take the test?

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

This is a shortened version. You have 5 minutes to complete it.

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 06:03 PM
I got 13/15 right. One I guessed on and the other was about the amount of pages in print.

Slicker
02-28-2006, 06:38 PM
Yeah, the only I didn't get was #11 about the number of pages in print. I didn't feel like thinking so I didn't do it. If Vince did indeed only get 6 right then they need to send him back to 4th grade.

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2006, 07:17 PM
The guy whose stock is really on the rise currently is Vanderbilt qb Jay Cutler. This guy was only one of the few big name qbs to actually go through the skills tests at the combine in Indianapolis. He ran a good 40, outdid alot of the offensive linemen on the bench press, and scored well on other drills. Look for him to go pretty quick come April when the draft takes place.

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah, the only I didn't get was #11 about the number of pages in print. I didn't feel like thinking so I didn't do it. If Vince did indeed only get 6 right then they need to send him back to 4th grade.

He didnt get 6 right, he scored a 6, then a 16 when he re-took it.

I didnt feel like doing the math either on that one, so I guessed.

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 08:55 PM
That is the same one I missed...and for the same reason. But getting 6 right and scoring a 6 is the same thing isn't it? Don't they score by how how many you get right and not by percentage?

JetsAndHeels
02-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Or maybe he's that damn ignorant.

To which Herm Edwards replied, "let's draft that guy right now!!"

figrin bran
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
i also got 13/15 but only because i skipped 11 and 13 and not because i can't figure it out but because i was eating dinner at the same time. i guess i don't like to walk and chew gum at the same time :p

on espn radio last night, beano cook was suggesting that mr. young's wonderlic score was leaked by a team in the top of the draft order so that they would have a case for bypassing him in the draft.

the labor talks broke down...that can't be good :(

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 11:41 PM
They said they will play with no cap this year. Anyone heard Steinbrenner is looking to buy the Giants?

JimJamBonds
02-28-2006, 11:48 PM
They said they will play with no cap this year. Anyone heard Steinbrenner is looking to buy the Giants?

I thought the no cap year is for '07?

Big Stein buy the Giants? Good lord!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

figrin bran
03-01-2006, 01:18 AM

lol! ol' george would sign shaun alexander AND edge james despite already having a great RB in tiki barber, trade for TO, sign drew brees or trade for culpepper...well you get the picture.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I thought the no cap year is for '07?

That's right...this season would be business as usual but starting next season there would be absolutely no salary cap. The problem is Gene Upshaw has gone on record saying if there is a "cap-less season", he would rather not see a season at all....that is what has me worried. Could it be possible a strike or shutout would occur next year rather than in 2008? Either way, if there is a holdout any year it is going to be a major black eye on the NFL, which has been the model franchise when it comes to having a good CBA and labor agreement over the years.

JetsAndHeels
03-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Tagliabue just announced to the media that there is no agreement on the CBA.
No shock here at all, so I imagine today will be the beginning of alot of big name player cuts.
Chad Pennington will probably be one of them.

NFL owners vote to break off talks with NFLPAAssociated Press

NEW YORK -- NFL owners voted unanimously Thursday to break off talks with the players' union on a contract extension, leaving the current salary cap in place with the start of free agency looming and possibly forcing the mass dumping of veterans.

The owners, who met for 57 minutes Thursday morning, endorsed a recommendation by their management council executive committee to reject the union's latest proposal.

NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue said the financial demands made by the players were unacceptable.

"We are indeed deadlocked," Tagliabue said.

The breakdown of talks left intact, for now, a salary cap of $94.5 million. The two sides had hoped to add $10 million to $15 million to the 2006 salary cap. Without the additional room, some teams could be forced into wholesale cuts to get beneath the cap by midnight. Free agency starts Friday.

"Without an agreement with the union on an extension, the league year will begin as scheduled at midnight Thursday under the current terms of the CBA," the league said Wednesday in a statement.

Owners did not seem inclined to cut into the difference of 4 percentage points between the sides. New England owner Robert Kraft had suggested that the meeting Thursday morning might be short, just enough time to rubber stamp the executive committee's decision.

One reason was that revenue sharing, a point of contention among the owners, was not on the agenda, at least not at the start. The union insists that is needed for agreement and some owners agree.

Asked if there could be a deal without it, Buffalo's Ralph Wilson simply said no.

Three days of talks between the league and the NFL Players Association to extend the agreement that runs out in 2008 ended Tuesday with the sides far apart on the percentage of league revenues earmarked for players.

Gene Upshaw, the union's executive director, said the league is offering 56.2 percent of its total revenue for the players, almost four points lower than the union's idea.

"Our number has to start with a six," Upshaw said.

But beyond the numbers is an issue that has divided the owners for two years: revenue sharing among the teams.

Under the current system, some teams make far more than others in ancillary income, ranging from local radio rights to stadium naming rights and advertising. The lower-revenue teams say that forces them to commit as much as 70 percent of that money to the players while teams with more outside money contribute far less, giving the high-revenue teams more available cash for upfront bonuses to free agents.

Under the current agreement, 2006 is scheduled to be the last year with a salary cap. An uncapped year in 2007 means new rules that will force teams and agents to change their plans this year and could keep a lot of teams out of the free-agent market entirely.

"It might mean that no rookies get signed because no one is sure of the long-term ramifications," said Tom Condon, the agent for a number of the game's top players.

Even more urgent are salary-cap ramifications for many teams, which anticipated a labor agreement and planned for a much bigger ceiling. Washington, for example, could be as much as $25 million over the salary cap after signings over the past few years that anticipated a salary cap figure well over $100 million.

The ramifications of a lower than anticipated cap were evident Wednesday, when some high-priced veterans were cut. Among them were defensive end Trevor Pryce and running back Mike Anderson of Denver, the team's leading rusher last season. Denver also cut tight end Jeb Putzier.

Buffalo, meanwhile, released defensive tackle Sam Adams, and Carolina released three veterans: running back Stephen Davis, defensive tackle Brentson Buckner and kicker returner Rod Smart, "He Hate Me" of old XFL days.

Miami cut left tackle Damion McIntosh, saving $3.8 million against the cap, and former Pro Bowl cornerback Sam Madison. The Dolphins are a prime example of a team that needs a new labor agreement: They are estimated to be about $9 million over a $95 million cap.

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Alot of peeps got cut yesterday. Alot more today.

JetsAndHeels
03-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Alot of peeps got cut yesterday. Alot more today.

Chris Mortensen just reported that Chad Pennington will very likely be cut today. I am not shocked at all.

KH, you having AIM problems? I haven't seen you on lately.

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 10:12 AM
Since I installed my cable modem, AIM was having errors and conflivting with iut. I am running 98 right now, but have XP pro and am working on getting that installed so I can DL the newere version that is compatable with it. I do have MSN though.

Pennington doesnt suprise me one bit. I wouldnt be suprised if Vulpepper gets cut too.

JetsAndHeels
03-02-2006, 10:16 AM
Since I installed my cable modem, AIM was having errors and conflivting with iut. I am running 98 right now, but have XP pro and am working on getting that installed so I can DL the newere version that is compatable with it. I do have MSN though.

Pennington doesnt suprise me one bit. I wouldnt be suprised if Vulpepper gets cut too.

Ah ok. Good to know youre doing ok though. :thumbsup:

Should be interesting to see what big names get the axe today and in the next few days.

JetsAndHeels
03-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Cardinals sign Edgerrin James...
Redskins sign Antwan Randle El.

Free agency is off and running strong!!

2-1B
03-12-2006, 09:40 PM
Edge must be happy with the career he has had because it's over now.

figrin bran
03-13-2006, 12:18 AM
since all the cardinals do is pass, edge james is going to catch lots of passes out of the backfield.

mike anderson is headed to baltimore. i don't think he'll have anywhere near the same success that he headed with the denver running game.

figrin bran
03-15-2006, 01:16 AM
JF96, don't look now but your division rival Miami just got a lot better simply by acquiring Culpepper. assuming he is healthy and stays away from pleasure cruises, he should be able to replicate with chris chambers some of the success he had with moss. i look for ronnie brown to really emerge as a star and the whole team, being another year into the saban system should be much improved.

Kidhuman
03-15-2006, 07:18 AM
Jets are trying to get Matt Schaub now. Him and a 2nd round pick for Abraham.

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2006, 08:31 AM
JF96, don't look now but your division rival Miami just got a lot better simply by acquiring Culpepper. assuming he is healthy and stays away from pleasure cruises, he should be able to replicate with chris chambers some of the success he had with moss. i look for ronnie brown to really emerge as a star and the whole team, being another year into the saban system should be much improved.

FB, Miami is definately a team headed in the right direction. Nick Saban is a good coach who is turning the team back into an eventual playoff contender. Signing Culpepper is just one of the smart moves they have made......and I expect to see more plus a good draft for them.
I actually think its exciting, because with moves like this and the changes being made in the Jets organization it will only help make the AFC East more competitive....not just in New England anymore.

Oh and does anyone else agree with me that the Saints paid way too much for Drew Brees? I mean the guy just had a pretty bad shoulder injury and they shell out 60 mill for him...perhaps I am a bit skeptical about that because I am looking at the situation thinking "Chad Pennington...Chad Pennington."

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2006, 08:35 AM
Jets are trying to get Matt Schaub now. Him and a 2nd round pick for Abraham.

And if I were the Jets front office I would do that deal in a heartbeat. Schaub is a good qb who has alot of potential...plus with that draft pick it would help fill a need that the team has.
Abe has wanted out of NY and it seems his time has worn out with the team. There is no doubting his talent, but with a coach like Mangini now heading up the Jets he will be looking for just more than playmaking ability.

figrin bran
03-15-2006, 11:09 AM
wow, 60 mill is definitely too much to pay for Brees. unless they plan to trade down, the saints will also have to shell out millions plus the proverbial signing bonus to whoever their #2 pick will be.

if i were in the NYJ front office, i'd shake hands and seal that schaub deal right now too. if i'm the ATL front office, i don't make that deal since he's filled in quite well for the oft injured Mr. Mexico. and i emphasize oft injured

2-1B
03-15-2006, 01:26 PM
much of that Saints deal for Brees is not guaranteed.

JetsAndHeels
03-15-2006, 09:44 PM
much of that Saints deal for Brees is not guaranteed.

He got 10 million up front, and will have a 12 million dollar option for next year. The incentive laden part of his contract could earn him 25 million in his first two years plus base salary- not a bad amount of coin for a guy with the shoulder injury.

Other free agency moves as of today include the following:

-Willie McGinest signing a 3 year contract with the Browns (that one's for you Caesar :D )
-Titans sign safety Chris Hope
-Seahawks re-sign WR Peter Warrick
-Packers sign DL Ryan Pickett, re-sign OT Kevin Barry and DL Kenny Peterson
-Giants sign safety Will Demps
-Lions re-sign RB Shawn Bryson

Offensive Players released as of Wednesday 3/15:
-Terrell Owens, WR
-Keyshaun Johnson, WR
-Aaron Brooks, QB
-Gus Frerotte, QB

JimJamBonds
03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
if i'm the ATL front office, i don't make that deal since he's filled in quite well for the oft injured Mr. Mexico. and i emphasize oft injured

From what I've heard its the Falcon's front office that is holding things up, I guess they aren't so sure about Ron Mexico either. lol

Kidhuman
03-16-2006, 02:29 PM
They dont want to give up Scaub and a 2nd rounder. Thats what is delaying things.

figrin bran
03-18-2006, 01:19 AM
presenting your Jets starting QB, the man who lost his job to a 70 yr old Mark Brunell......Paaaaaaatrrriiiccckkk Raaaaaammmmmmseeeyyyy!

pllllleaasse don't let it be true that TO is coming to Dallas. this is the same fool that stomped all over the star at midfield. :upset:

2-1B
03-18-2006, 01:28 AM
I love all these offseason moves, it's outstanding.

I sure hope TO goes to Big D, I dislike double J and his 'boys already so this will be a perfect marriage for me to watch explode this year. lol lol lol

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2006, 09:45 AM
presenting your Jets starting QB, the man who lost his job to a 70 yr old Mark Brunell......Paaaaaaatrrriiiccckkk Raaaaaammmmmmseeeyyyy!

Don't be surprised if the Jets take Leinart or another big name qb with the #4 pick. Ramsey isn't a longterm solution.

Kidhuman
03-18-2006, 09:22 PM
TO is a cowboy

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2006, 09:54 PM
TO is a cowboy

Among other things that I cannot type due to censorship issues. :twisted:

Rogue II
03-18-2006, 10:06 PM
TO to the Cowboys...That's just funny. Seeing Jerry Jones and TO at the same table, I couldn't decide which was the bigger jack a__. They deserve each other. Do they really think Bledsoe/Drew Henson can get Owens the ball?

The down side is that ESPN will beat this story to death next season.

JetsAndHeels
03-18-2006, 10:18 PM
TO to the Cowboys...That's just funny. Seeing Jerry Jones and TO at the same table, I couldn't decide which was the bigger jack a__. They deserve each other.

Actually it will be pretty interesting to see how Parcells and TO relate. I can sure recall how Parcells and "MeShaun" got along in NY.
This should be an even bigger soap opera than the TO/McNabb fiasco.

Do they really think Bledsoe/Drew Henson can get Owens the ball?

Actually Bledsoe and the backups are the ones who are going to have to worry about this. Drew Henson is now in the NFL Europe league...he may be the luckiest of them all.

figrin bran
03-19-2006, 01:29 AM
TO to the Cowboys...That's just funny. Seeing Jerry Jones and TO at the same table, I couldn't decide which was the bigger jack a__. They deserve each other. Do they really think Bledsoe/Drew Henson can get Owens the ball?

well if you need a QB to stay in the pocket for as long as 10 mississippis to find a receiver, even taking sacks and often numerous sacks at that, in the process, Drew Bledsoe is the league leader in that department.

2-1B
03-19-2006, 01:36 AM
Tony Romo is a god.

vader68
03-20-2006, 07:56 AM
I am a long time Cowboy fan, but I just don't know about this T.O. deal. I think Jerry Jones is getting desperate, since it has been a long drought since the last playoff win. I just hope Parcells can contain him. Yes I do think he is a better player then "Meshawn", but the baggage he is bringing doesn't make up for it.

JetsAndHeels
03-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Here is the way I see this whole TO/Cowboys thing playing out:

Its the classic risk vs. reward scenario. The fact that TO is a very talented athlete is not in question. The man can make a team better just by his addition to a roster. The problem comes into play with his off-field attitude and actions. You know Drew Bledsoe is excited to have an explosive receiver now, but I also would bet he is a bit nervous about it as well.
Risk vs. reward.

This could be the missing piece to a successful Cowboys team. Playoffs are not out of the question now, neither is the Super Bowl for that matter. It just all comes down to how the team and TO interact. Jerry Jones said that this thing can work...now we will have to see if it indeed will.

2-1B
03-20-2006, 01:24 PM
Tagliabue's retiring now, interesting. I'm glad he stayed on to get the new labor deal done.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-03-20-tagliabue-retires_x.htm

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 01:45 PM
I have been a die-hard Steelers fan for about 30 years now. One of the things that keeps me loyal to them is how seriuosly they take their fans. And I have always thought the NFL would be a better organization without the Raiders and Cowboys. The Cowboys because of the way Jerry Jones disregards the teams fans, and the raiders because so many of their fans are thugs and the team does nothing to discourage it. I can have as many as three favorite teams in any football week. The Steelers, and any team that beats the Raiders and any team that beats the Cowboys.

And this Terrell Owens thing epitomizes that. If the Steelers did this, I would drop the team for for hiring someone who disrespected the team logo. And I am betting that the majority (I AM hoping that the present company is excluded) of Cowboy fans will waffle and accept Terrell Owens as Christ's second coming if he does well.

On the other hand, this is absolutely no surprise to me considering the people that Jerry Jones has embaced in the past. I was very proud of the Steelers for firing Bam Morris when he was busted running drugs with Michael Irvin. And what did Jerry Jones do to Michael Irvin?

Gave him a raise.

I am sorry for Cowboys fans who care about the moral fiber of the people they choose to celebrate getting stuck with a team owner like Jerry Jones.

2-1B
03-20-2006, 02:20 PM
Interesting questions you raise for sure, DC. :)

I'm sure there are several long time 'Boys fans from years before Jerry Jones bought the team, fans who pride themselves on the Cowboys' rich history. I'd be curious to hear what they think of Jones and his running of the team. He's not the best draft expert, is he? lol

P.S. As a Browns fan, I hate the Steelers. Sorry. :D
But I can respect their organization. :)

Darth Cruel
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Interesting questions you raise for sure, DC. :)

I'm sure there are several long time 'Boys fans from years before Jerry Jones bought the team, fans who pride themselves on the Cowboys' rich history. I'd be curious to hear what they think of Jones and his running of the team. He's not the best draft expert, is he? lol

P.S. As a Browns fan, I hate the Steelers. Sorry. :D
But I can respect their organization. :)

The Browns are only up in the history of the rivalry by two games (55-53). If the Browns don't do something soon. Pittsburgh will have the lead the season after next (57-55). Or maybe even NEXT season if the Browns make it to the playoffs as a wild card (56-55). If you Browns fans are nice, Pittsburgh may let the Browns win the AFC North title some time just to let them feel good until the first round of the playoffs like they did for the Bengals. ;)

2-1B
03-22-2006, 12:07 AM
True, Pitt did do a little rope a dope on those Bungles, I'm afraid to say. :D

Lots of moves again, just so exciting to read all of this, including the Falcons landing Abraham from the Jets with the help of the Denver Donkeys.

vader68
03-22-2006, 08:52 AM
And this Terrell Owens thing epitomizes that. If the Steelers did this, I would drop the team for for hiring someone who disrespected the team logo. And I am betting that the majority (I AM hoping that the present company is excluded) of Cowboy fans will waffle and accept Terrell Owens as Christ's second coming if he does well.

On the other hand, this is absolutely no surprise to me considering the people that Jerry Jones has embaced in the past. I was very proud of the Steelers for firing Bam Morris when he was busted running drugs with Michael Irvin. And what did Jerry Jones do to Michael Irvin?

Gave him a raise.

I am sorry for Cowboys fans who care about the moral fiber of the people they choose to celebrate getting stuck with a team owner like Jerry Jones.

You are telling me that if the steelers signed somebody who has disrespected the team in the past you would just drop them after 30 years of being a fan? As I stated before, I have been a Cowboy fan since I was a kid ( I am now 38), and have seen alot of good and bad with this franchise. But through it all I have always been a fan, no matter how good or how bad they have been. While I have not liked many of Jerry Jones's desicions (Deon Sanders, Meshawn, and now T.O) I will not stop being a fan. But as you stated many Cowboy fans will embrace him as "The Second Coming",and that ticks me off too. Because I am not like that and when people do that they give the rest of us Cowboy fans a bad name.

In this day of free agency it is very difficult to get a player that at some point has not put down the team that now embraces him. Players don't show allegience anymore to a specific team, it is all about the money. Very few players now start and finish with the same team. The same is also said for the owners, who cut older players to save cap space.(Larry Allen):sad:

Bottom line, is that you want to have the best team on the field that you can get. Unfortunately we are not owners in the NFL and have no say as to who the team we support hires, we just have to grin and bear it and hope it all works out. Who knows maybe T.O. will surprise everyone and turn out to be a nice guy after all. NOT!!!:twisted:

JetsAndHeels
03-22-2006, 08:54 AM
I like the deal the Jets made for Abe....Seattle could only offer their #31 pick for him, so out of the deal we get #29 instead. I really think this deal works out good....would not want anything less than a first rounder for a player like Abe.
Also the Jets signed WR Tim Dwight to a 4 year deal yesterday.
I am really liking the way the front office is taking charge with the team.

EDIT:
I was just looking at the Jets' draft picks for the first round and here is how it goes...pick #4, # 29 and #35. Holy crap, that is the kind of stuff that can help turn a franchise around if the picks are solid.
Man I am ready for April, bring on the draft!!

Rogue II
03-23-2006, 12:41 PM
The Raiders signed Aaron Brooks. That's 3 teams that are picking before the Bills are signing QBs (Drew Brees to NO, Jets trading for Patrick Ramsey). I was hoping that the Bills could get either AJ Hawk or someone for the defensive line with the #8 pick. But why worry, I get the feeling that the Bills will have a top 10 draft pick again next year.

In case anyone was cares, Fox has been doing a mock draft (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5429730) and updating it every week.

JimJamBonds
03-23-2006, 01:20 PM
Man the Packers better not pick another QB.

2-1B
03-23-2006, 09:44 PM
First T.O. and now the Cowpokes signed the Idiot Kicker ? lol

JetsAndHeels
03-23-2006, 09:50 PM
In case anyone was cares, Fox has been doing a mock draft (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5429730) and updating it every week.

Cool, they have us picking D'Brick at #4 which I would be very happy with. If they don't land him at 4 they will probably try for Mario Williams if he is available.

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Just about a month now until the draft.
Who else is excited about it? I know I sure am. Once it happens I guess we will have to take our NFL talks to the next site but I imagine there will be plenty to discuss!!

2-1B
03-25-2006, 01:08 PM
What days are the draft, again ? April 22nd and 23rd ?

Rogue II
03-25-2006, 01:43 PM
The draft is April 29-30.

JimJamBonds
03-25-2006, 05:20 PM
What days are the draft, again ? April 22nd and 23rd ?

Are you going to go to the draft party at the fun center?

JetsAndHeels
03-25-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey everybody, check out this ebay auction. Pretty interesting...Vader68 should get a kick out of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8783399954#description

JimJamBonds
03-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Great find! :D

vader68
03-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Hey everybody, check out this ebay auction. Pretty interesting...Vader68 should get a kick out of this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8783399954#description

That is pretty funny. Alot of us Cowboy fans feel like that guy does.

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2006, 10:35 AM
You never know Vader68, this TO signing could really help the 'Boys get back to the promised land...
Drew Bledsoe said it best: "I just became a better quarterback without making a single pass."

figrin bran
03-29-2006, 11:11 AM
not so fast! this comes courtesy of the sportspickle :)

T.O. Pouring Over Film to Learn How He Can Exploit Drew Bledsoe’s Weaknesses

Newly acquired Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens has been feverishly studying Dallas game film since signing with the team on Saturday, intent on learning his new team’s system as soon as possible, but mostly so he can learn his quarterback’s weaknesses and use them to destroy him once the season begins.

“I never played with Drew Bledsoe before and I’m looking forward to it,” said Owens. “I hear he has a whole bunch of flaws – stuff I can use to completely destroy his confidence, reputation and ability to lead. But I don’t want to rely on hearsay. I want to see what he sucks at with my own eyes. Then I’ll use that information to put together a plan to destroy him.”

Owens’ agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said Bledsoe and the Cowboys present the perfect opportunity for his client.

“We had several opportunities out there – the Broncos, Chiefs, Buccaneers,” said Rosenhaus. “But Dallas was the best fit. It’s a high-profile team that will keep Terrell in the spotlight, allowing his ego to thrive, and they have a deeply flawed quarterback on the downside of his career. It’s a win-win situation.”

Owens claims he is still weeks away from formulating set plan for destroying his new quarterback, but says several strong options have already begun to emerge.

“I’ve noticed that Drew has almost zero mobility,” said Owens. “That means I can say we’d be a lot better if we had a mobile quarterback like a Michael Vick or Daunte Culpepper. That way, not only do I drive a wedge into the locker room, but I make it a race issue which will cause it to be an even bigger national story. Plus, if I say I wish he was mobile like Donovan McNabb or Jeff Garcia it will absolutely blow people’s minds. I mean, this is so going to be so easy for me it won’t even be funny."

JetsAndHeels
03-29-2006, 09:07 PM
In other news, the Jets signed cornerback Andre Dyson to a 5 year deal. He will get 11.5 mill total, with 3 million for signing and other bonuses.

Wow, what a solid move by the jets. This guy is a good cb and no doubt he will be brought in to help fill the void left by the recently departed Ty Law.
The Jets are making good football decisions here, what the hell is going on? :crazed:

figrin bran
05-26-2006, 11:13 AM
so if you are a QB coming off a breakthrough season that ended when you tore your ACL, is the cover of SI, given it's highly publicized jinxing abilities, the place for you?

James Boba Fettfield
05-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Good place for Carson, I say.

Curses and jinxes and all that are not real, so I don't worry.

Bel-Cam Jos
05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Curses and jinxes and all that are not real, so I don't worry.Didn't you ever say something at the same exact time as another person and get a "jinx! " penalty? I'd say that was real. ;) And I've heard people use some very impolite words, such as the ones below, and that was definitely real, too.

Sorry for the profanity; jus' keepin' it real, y' know what I'm sayin'? :p

Seriously, I am pleased that the Steelers are flying under the radar pretty quietly for a defending champion. Decent pickups in the draft, addressing their free agent losses without panic.

Darth Cruel
05-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Seriously, I am pleased that the Steelers are flying under the radar pretty quietly for a defending champion. Decent pickups in the draft, addressing their free agent losses without panic.

Here is something else to think about...the Steelers went in to the SB as a Wild Card Team...2nd place in their division...they won't have to fight a 1st place schedule through the year (not that I don't think they could handle it, I think there was so much switching around during the off-season that the Steelers will remain). This will really help to give the newer guys some added confidence.

figrin bran
05-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Since we're talking Steelers, way to get arrested Santonio!!!! :thumbsup:

hey Heels, did you open up any of the 2006 Prestige yet? i got a box with a few good rookies but no autos and only a Favre and McNabb jersey as far as GU is concerned.

Rogue II
05-28-2006, 02:06 AM
I bought a couple packs of Prestige today. I got a Jeff Garcia Jersey card and a regular Vince Young.

figrin bran
05-30-2006, 02:24 AM
at WM the other day, i saw a new line of 3 3/4" articulated football figures from this gracelyn company. they had Brady, Pennington, Moss, TO, Vick, Favre.

the complete 1st series is shown right here: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=DU10000AA

seanmcfripp
05-30-2006, 10:13 AM
I picked up Clinton Portis for my brother back in December, and we were not impressed. The accessories are glued on (including the helmets), and the joint work is quite prone to paint stickage.

figrin bran
06-01-2006, 11:23 PM
you won't believe this but you can sign up for yahoo fantasy football already. a friend just sent me an invite to his league.

come on KH, let's get it going again!

JimJamBonds
06-02-2006, 12:08 AM
you won't believe this but you can sign up for yahoo fantasy football already. a friend just sent me an invite to his league.

come on KH, let's get it going again!.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

figrin bran
06-02-2006, 12:40 AM
oh yeah JJB??? i'm going to take that as a slight and pile on the points when i play your team during the season :twisted:

2-1B
06-02-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm with figrin on this one, I mean the drafts can begin 2 months from now (WOW, that's coming up fast) so why not get a league together so GMs can start organizing their draft boards?

"With the, uh, 4th pick in the 2006 SSG Draft, the ___ select__"
--Paul Tagliabue before every selection announcement of the 1st round.

Kidhuman
06-02-2006, 02:57 AM
Well damn, I will start it up in a few days, going to be kind of busy the next ew days at work doing 15 hour days, so on Sunday when I am off I will get it going. Start Pm'ing me your emails if you want in.

2-1B
06-02-2006, 03:19 AM
You're gonna get busty ? :D

(j/k, some typos are hilarious. :crazed: )

Bel-Cam Jos
06-03-2006, 09:37 AM
You're gonna get busty ? :D

(j/k, some typos are hilarious. :crazed: )Except when Orwell's Ministry of Truth is involved...

Last edited by Kidhuman : Yesterday at 06:19 AM.All traces of said humor are gone, gone 4vr :( ;)

2-1B
06-03-2006, 11:56 AM
I love you KH.

figrin bran
06-03-2006, 06:10 PM
you can change what you want KH, but we know what we saw! :frus:

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 02:30 AM
I love you KH.

Thanks Caesar

2-1B
06-04-2006, 02:57 AM
Caesar is perfect and worthy of my admiration.

Thanks KH, I appreciate that. :)

Kidhuman
06-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Touche....

Bel-Cam Jos
06-13-2006, 06:56 PM
What is it about the midwest teams and motorcycle accidents? Jay Williams of Chicago, Kellen Winslow Jr. of Cleveland, and now Ben WhatWasIThinking-berger. This could be horrendous news for the Steelers on the field; but first, Ben needs to be thankful he's still living, then think about playing football second.

JetsAndHeels
06-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Ben made it clear in the past that he never rides with a helmet...coach Cowher told him to be careful and make sure that he is safe on that bike. Ben simply said it was his decision and that he would always choose to ride without the helmet.
These guys wouldn't play on the field without a helmet, why ride without one? Its just as dangerous and the risk is always there.
I guess he is learning the hard way now, but it is good to hear he is in stable condition.

figrin bran
06-13-2006, 09:52 PM
another question is why doesn't Pennsylvania law require that you wear a helmet?

Darth Cruel
06-13-2006, 10:41 PM
another question is why doesn't Pennsylvania law require that you wear a helmet?

Because they are not mired down in over-legislation like we in California and some other states are. But then...that is a topic for a different thread.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2006, 10:46 AM
My buddy sent me a pic of what Big Ben should look like during the 06-07 season. Should be pretty accurate due to the facial reconstruction and loss/chipping of many many teeth.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2006, 11:01 AM
My buddy sent me a pic of what Big Ben should look like during the 06-07 season. Should be pretty accurate due to the facial reconstruction and loss/chipping of many many teeth.

And even in that state he is still doing it against my jets.

figrin bran
06-14-2006, 11:26 AM
but in that state, you could horse collar him and get away with it! great news for roy williams

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Slothisburger. :thumbsup:

Bel-Cam Jos
06-14-2006, 05:45 PM
My buddy sent me a pic of what Big Ben should look like during the 06-07 season. Should be pretty accurate due to the facial reconstruction and loss/chipping of many many teeth.That is wrong, just wrong. So wrong, it made me laugh into my hand, then shook my head. Then snort laugh once more. Just wrong... :rolleyes:

But think about it... if Ben can handle a speeding motorcycle/car collision, a blitzing pass rush is nothin' now! :Pirate: Arr!

Slicker
06-14-2006, 05:53 PM
My buddy sent me a pic of what Big Ben should look like during the 06-07 season. Should be pretty accurate due to the facial reconstruction and loss/chipping of many many teeth.Holy carp!! That's the best picture ever!!!

Darth Cruel
06-14-2006, 06:34 PM
There is no shame left in the world. This reminds me of the Challenger jokes that I heard within hours of that Space Shuttle exploding.

Kidhuman
06-14-2006, 09:32 PM
That pic is freakin hilarious

timmae
06-14-2006, 09:46 PM
pretty sick. i don't think he will ever return. going to be the ravens vs panthers in miami in feb anyway. i hope i win the lotto on tix.

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2006, 09:50 PM
pretty sick. i don't think he will ever return. going to be the ravens vs panthers in miami in feb anyway. i hope i win the lotto on tix.

Why the Ravens? Please, please do not say because they got Steve McNair!! lol

figrin bran
06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
There is no shame left in the world. This reminds me of the Challenger jokes that I heard within hours of that Space Shuttle exploding.

awwwww, we upset the resident steelers fan :p :thumbsup:

that pic is so great, it's avatar worthy!!!

Kidhuman
06-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Gonna change yours FB?

JetsAndHeels
06-14-2006, 10:17 PM

I'm offended too...even looking like that and having a major accident he is still able to perform against the Jets!!
:upset:

DarthQuack
06-14-2006, 10:37 PM
I think I saw Chad Johnson taking batting practice before the Reds game today.

figrin bran
06-15-2006, 12:57 AM
Gonna change yours FB?

actually since you're the mod, i'll let you have the slothisberger avatar if you want. you gotta admit even in that state, it's better than some has been from a singing show ;)

timmae
06-15-2006, 08:31 AM
yeah mcnair. they won a superbowl with dilfer, so mcnair can take them back.

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2006, 11:28 AM
yeah mcnair. they won a superbowl with dilfer, so mcnair can take them back.

That superbowl win in 2000 was mostly due to the superior defense on that team. Sure, Dilfer was a good qb for them and he helped put points on the board but that was a different team than what they have now.
They have too many questions, like the wr position for example. Also is Jamal Lewis going to be back in top form? Will we ever see him break a big rushing game like he did 2 years ago against the browns?
Last year I believe Todd Heap was their big playmaker on offense.....you can't win championships if you totally depend on a TE for most of your offense.
Then when you look back at the defense, Ray Lewis, Chris McCallister, Terrell Suggs and others haven't performed quite like they should.
Too many questions right now, but the addition of McNair is an instant upgrade, I totally agree.

timmae
06-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the well thought reply. i do think jamal will do better this year. the ravens defense has lost a step or 2 though. but as we saw last year you do not need to win the division anymore to get to or win a superbowl...sorry colts. hopefully the jets will do better and some teams that have not done well in the past. that is what is so great about the NFL.

JetsAndHeels
06-15-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the well thought reply.
What can I say, I love talking football. :D

i do think jamal will do better this year. the ravens defense has lost a step or 2 though. but as we saw last year you do not need to win the division anymore to get to or win a superbowl...sorry colts.
Sad but true, especially for the Colts.

hopefully the jets will do better and some teams that have not done well in the past. that is what is so great about the NFL.
The Jets are in a rebuilding stage, but they are well on their way to becoming a great team. The offseason moves and hires have pleased me as a fan, from bringing in a young disciple of Belicheck to drafting smart and going for the right picks instead of the sexy ones.
I will go ahead and predict 7-9, perhaps 8-8 for them this year but after that they will continue to improve.

figrin bran
06-15-2006, 10:13 PM
i don't see Billick changing the playbook too much just because they have McNair, who is more of a ball control sort of QB than a Peyton/Favre gunslinger.

now if they were an NFC team, their chances would be so much better!

timmae
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
i'm not for too many ny teams. i do not mind the jets and mets that much though. i liked the jets a lot when vinnie played for them. i sent him a trading card through the jets office and he signed it and returned it in the mail to me. pretty cool. chad is going to do well in the near future too. as for the ravens defense, in the past few years they have been on the field the entire game. they played indy perfectly last year untill they tired out. i'm thinking if mcnair can put together long controlling drives, they will win some games. meanwhile in nc,keyshawn is running his jaws like crazy, i wish we had him last year though(they would have beat seatle and pit).

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 12:27 AM
i'm not for too many ny teams. i do not mind the jets and mets that much though. i liked the jets a lot when vinnie played for them. i sent him a trading card through the jets office and he signed it and returned it in the mail to me. pretty cool. chad is going to do well in the near future too. as for the ravens defense, in the past few years they have been on the field the entire game. they played indy perfectly last year untill they tired out. i'm thinking if mcnair can put together long controlling drives, they will win some games. meanwhile in nc,keyshawn is running his jaws like crazy, i wish we had him last year though(they would have beat seatle and pit).

Were you at the Falcons/Panthers game last December in Charlotte?
Man that was one heck of a game, and the atmosphere was great!!
We gave hell to all the Falcons fans and a bunch of them got up and left lol

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 02:46 AM
FB, its all yours, I have a few ideas of my own I am going to use for a 'tar.

timmae
06-16-2006, 09:40 AM
i got to the game a year earlier. it was the same way. rivalry's are good for sports. the crowd is soooo much mellower than in baltimore though. i was mad last year because richardson said no more autographs before and after the game. i sent him a letter. he sent me one back and said go to training camp 3 hrs down the road in the 100 degree heat. i like getting my mcfarlanes signed.

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 07:27 PM
i like getting my mcfarlanes signed.

One year I had Rae Carruth sign my steak knife.

timmae
06-16-2006, 09:42 PM
should have had him sign a bullet. it was funny when i wore my lewis jersey to the ravens/panthers a few years ago, some idiot called me a murderer.

JetsAndHeels
06-16-2006, 10:43 PM
should have had him sign a bullet

Yeah too bad I didn't have one with me..i figured as long as he was signing a weapon that could kill someone

Bel-Cam Jos
06-16-2006, 10:44 PM
pretty sick. i don't think he will ever return.I think Ben can return. And I think because the NFL has rules in place to protect QBs, he can still be successful. Either that, or we hand the reins over to Charlie Batch. Lead us on, Chuck!

Slicker
06-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Either that, or we hand the reins over to Charlie Batch. Lead us on, Chuck!Oh, you lucky guys.

It's a sing of desperation when you pick up a former Lions QB *cough*Miami*cough*

Darth Cruel
06-16-2006, 11:32 PM
I figured it out. It came to me in a dream. And i realized right away that I should have figured it out while I was awake. It was the Raiders. They set Ben Roethlisberger up for the hit. They are peein' all over themselves scared of the game against the Steelers this year. Every time they start a roll, the Steelers put them back in their place...the cellar. So they panicked and hired this woman to run over Ben. Didn't work Raiders! Ha! Doctors say Ben doesn't even need to miss the first game of the season!

Oh, you lucky guys.

It's a sing of desperation when you pick up a former Lions QB *cough*Miami*cough*

And need I remind you all...Charlie Batch lead that offense better than Ben did when he filled in for Ben Last year. Including a scoring drive with a broken hand. I would have NO FEAR if Charlie had to take the reins from Ben for a few games.

It must really suck not to be a Steeler fan.

:thumbsup:

If you were a Steeler Fan...there would be a ring on it.

JetsAndHeels
06-17-2006, 12:12 AM

It's really not that bad...of course alot of things in my life suck so whats another right?
:)

figrin bran
06-17-2006, 12:42 AM
hey oliver stone, the raiders can find their way down to the cellar just fine without any help. ;)

and just like Heels, a lot of things, actually most of the things in my life suck anyhow so what's another.

timmae
06-17-2006, 08:58 AM

If you were a Steeler Fan...there would be a ring on it.[/QUOTE]

doesn't suck for me. bout time they got a ring. i do like watching hines ward play the game.

timmae
06-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah too bad I didn't have one with me..i figured as long as he was signing a weapon that could kill someone
you can get him to sign a cake now, he's got some time on his hands.

2-1B
06-18-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm a Cleveland fan so I can't say I've anything to cheer about in that regard for years and years and years. :D

But to suck not being a Steelers fan ? :confused: No effing way. :D
Hey, my team might be boring with their no-decal-helmets but at least they are dedicated to it, not like those Steelers with their goofy one-sided logo. lol

JetsAndHeels
06-18-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm a Cleveland fan so I can't say I've anything to cheer about in that regard for years and years and years. :D

But to suck not being a Steelers fan ? :confused: No effing way. :D
Hey, my team might be boring with their no-decal-helmets but at least they are dedicated to it, not like those Steelers with their goofy one-sided logo. lol

You soooo want to be a Jets fan. :D

Darth Cruel
06-18-2006, 01:19 AM
I have always had trouble getting behind the big Steelers/Browns rivalry. I presume it is a local thing. Although I have been a Pittsburgh fan for about 28 years, I have never been to Pittsburgh. And I have absolute neutral feelings for the Browns. The teams I hate are the Raiders and Cowboys. In fact...i actually consider the Browns to be my second favorite team...when the beat the Raiders or Cowboys. but then...ANY team that beats the Raiders or Cowboys is my second favorite team.

figrin bran
06-20-2006, 11:23 AM
2 arrests in 2 months for Santonio Holmes.

and i thought Steelers were supposed to be "respectable" :p

2-1B
06-20-2006, 11:24 AM
so much for drafting "good character guys" :p

Darth Cruel
06-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Think back on what happened to Bam Morris...and I don't remember him even being charged. I would bet that Santonio Holmes is on his way out the door if he doesn't make a 180 degree turnaround pretty soon. But on a lighter note for Holmes...he will find a home easily enough on one of the no-class teams like the Cowboys or Raiders. Particularly the Cowboys in this case. They have more felonies as a team than all the others put together. If they get many more they will have to move to the Texas Penal League.

timmae
11-21-2006, 10:37 PM
ahem...
both of my teams in first place
still too soon to tell.
go ravens and panthers

Why the Ravens? Please, please do not say because they got Steve McNair!! lol

JetsAndHeels
11-21-2006, 10:40 PM
Steve McNair is having a really good season. In fact I picked him up on one of my fantasy leagues and he is helping me out quite a bit.

Rogue II
11-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Is it just me or does Bryant Gumble suck at calling NFL games?

Darth Cruel
11-23-2006, 11:56 PM
It is certainly NOT just you. Bryant Gumble suckity suck sucks at calling NFL games. He is better suited for an anchor job on the 11:00 news. But then, Joe Thiesman sucks even worse. ESPN is lucky I am such a footbal psycho. Because if it were not for that, Joe Thiesman would be enough to make me stop watching MNF. And the same goes for NFLN and the Thursday and Saturday games this year.

2-1B
11-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Cris Collinsworth is fantastic, he's my favorite analyst. :)

JimJamBonds
11-25-2006, 05:21 PM
Cris Collinsworth is fantastic, he's my favorite analyst. :)

Even more then Johnny M and Over/Under Al?

2-1B
11-26-2006, 02:13 AM
I seriously am a fan of Collinsworth, so definitely more than Madden. Yes.

2-1B
02-17-2008, 11:44 AM
I can't believe they brought Gumby back for 2007...he was awful last season.

JimJamBonds
02-19-2008, 10:20 PM
Is it just me or does Bryant Gumble suck at calling NFL games?

No its not just you Rogue Deuce BG sucks... as does Double C.

2-1B
04-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I can't believe they brought Gumby back for 2007...he was awful last season.

Thankfully he won't be back in 2008:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807b681a&template=without-video&confirm=true

:thumbsup: thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JimJamBonds
04-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Now only if Collinsworth would get the ax. :crossedfingers:

2-1B
04-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Why would they fire the best color commentator in the NFL.