PDA

View Full Version : Titanic Titanium PRICING Error? How much do YOU pay for them?

Warstar
02-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Went to my local K-Mart tonight and found a SLEW of Wave 2 Titaniums (Jango, CLone Tank, Vulture Droids- 1 Speeder Bike- NO Republic Cruisers) and I was tempted to buy a Vulture Droid when all of a sudden I noticed the price tags on the bubbles-

$9.99??? Wal-Mart has Landspeeders sitting there (still!) for $4.97- and that's how much I paid there for other ships. Target is $4.99-

Think K-Mart's price is an error? I passed on them- ALL. Ridiculous, IMHO

But, they had a couple of Jango Slave 1's, 3 Death Stars. 3 Vultures, 1 White TIE, 1 Clone Turbo, 1 Speeder Bike. No Shuttles, AT-AT's or Darth's TIE's. No Clone Wars Gunship- and that's what I need most (to open ;))

What do you guys pay when you pay for Titaniums?

Kidhuman
02-18-2006, 01:34 AM
That has to be an error. The Kmart here has shelf tags for 4.99 on them, but I havent seen them. I have paid 4.97 and 4.99 at WM and Target respectively.

Ji'dai
02-18-2006, 09:48 AM
I would've scanned them just to make sure that was the right price tag.

I haven't seen them cost more than $4.99 locally. WM is cheaper by a few cents.

LTBasker
02-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Even at my K-mart that jacked the Temple assault battle pack price to $30 has Titaniums for only $4.99. Sounds like the work of a lazy employee.

Slicker
02-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Same as everyone else although for some reason only one time at WM I paid $4 apiece for Titaniums. I went back a few days later to get more and they were back up to $5 apiece.

Sith Lord 0498
02-18-2006, 02:48 PM
A friend of mine found the same error at our K-Marts. However, they rang up $4.99 under the price scanner, so I'm guessing that there was a misprint on some memo that tells employees what sticker to put on them since this seems to be a widespread screw-up.

vulcantouch
02-18-2006, 03:46 PM
. . .which is why i got my cttank (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13437&d=1139599287) & rac (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13475&d=1140205626) at targ instead (hey, 30 cents Is 30 cents :greedy: )

Warstar
02-18-2006, 11:43 PM
When I saw the mistake at my K-Mart, I was morbidly hoping that maybe a Gold Darth's TIE got shipped int he box and they scanned it first- since it has an MSRP of $9.99 :p

That would have rocked :)

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Wishful thinking anyone? ;) Big dreamin'! I can't imagine Hasbro giving Kmart another exclusive any time soon after the mess they made of the Cantina box sets.

Warstar
02-20-2006, 04:56 AM
Hehe- true!

And let's not forget the SD SW figures- BLECH! Even anime fans didn't get those...

I wonder if more Titanium Exclusives at all for stores are on the way? I mean I suppose 5-pack number 4 could be another Wal-Mart one...we'll see I guess.

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 06:40 AM
Gack! I forgot that Hasbro dumped those SD losers on Kmart.

Aren't the 2packs exclusives? I think maybe to Target, but that could be all wrong.

Warstar
02-21-2006, 05:28 AM
I still haven't heard or read or seen confirmed evidence that there will be Titanium 2-packs...

Guess we'll see I suppose.

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 05:27 PM
We saw photos of 'em, they look like they came from Hasbro's retailer catalog:
http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=5152&zoneid=2

edit: these are all WM releases originally and in the WM-style packaging (SW logo big and up above, TS logo small and low), my guess is these may be WM exclusives again, but it'd be way better if they just mass-released 'em.

Warstar
02-21-2006, 07:12 PM
WOW!

That's from Christmas last year- and the JSF they show with that X-Wing is a WM Wave 4 version...*Drools* I need that.

I wonder if they have abandoned the 2-pack idea since sales for the ships are so strong? It would make sense.

Either that or they are waiting to mass-release the JSF (and maybe the Falcon will be the Battle Ravaged one- who knows?) in order to sell the 2-packs.

*SIGH!* No more collecting card variants for me- I just one want of each ship carded...

Of course, I just paid $105 for the 4 Wave 4 WM Exclusives...I'll be damned sad if they re-release them in the original style packaging.

I may not even be getting the right Green JSF from the auction, either, as I bid before I looked and did not notice that the JSF was in the NEW style packaging. Argh.

I will update the Titanium Variation list (confirmed and rumored, also the Toy Fair stuff, as well as Wave 5 and 6 lists) and post tonight :)