PDA

View Full Version : Utapauan Clone Trooper release changed?

tagmac
02-18-2006, 03:48 PM
I was wondering about this, seeing as how it's not listed on Hasbro's website with the rest of the Geonosis wave, and I'm seeing it listed as "out of stock" on sites even though it was only a pre-order (granted, there could have been a ton of pre-orders for this). Considering it was shown alongside Cody at toy fair, is it possible we won't be seeing this one hit until the Cody wave (which would make more sense)? Just wondering.

Slicker
02-18-2006, 03:52 PM
I was wondering about this, seeing as how it's not listed on Hasbro's website with the rest of the Geonosis wave, and I'm seeing it listed as "out of stock" on sites even though it was only a pre-order (granted, there could have been a ton of pre-orders for this). Considering it was shown alongside Cody at toy fair, is it possible we won't be seeing this one hit until the Cody wave (which would make more sense)? Just wondering.Ummm...no. I've got 2 of them sitting right next to me so it's definitely out.

Luuuuuuke
02-18-2006, 04:19 PM
But it was released out of order. I bought a C3PO and the Utapau Clone is not shown in the back of the package. So to answer your question, the release date must have been changed, but like Slicker said, it's out.

Slicker
02-18-2006, 04:27 PM
But it was released out of order. I bought a C3PO and the Utapau Clone is not shown in the back of the package. So to answer your question, the release date must have been changed, but like Slicker said, it's out.Yeah, it is out of order. The Geo. wave ends at #21 (Scorch) and the Utapau Clone is #26.

tagmac
02-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Ahh well.....guess I shoulda' pre-ordered it then. Doubt i'll ever see it in stores, so I guess it's gonna be ebay for me, like with the Shocktrooper. :upset:

Shadow Knight
02-18-2006, 05:22 PM
Ahh well.....guess I shoulda' pre-ordered it then. Doubt i'll ever see it in stores, so I guess it's gonna be ebay for me, like with the Shocktrooper. :upset:

The next wave 4 should have 2 of it in a case, so it will be released again. There was only one trooper and one scorch in the wave 3 case, that is why they are more difficult to find. Yeah, they did release it out of order, but it should return again in the next Coruscant wave.(at least that is what I am counting on.) If you check Entertainment Earth, they have pre orders for cases so that is where I see 2 uta clones in the next wave case. Case closed.:grin:

tagmac
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM
In a way that was kinda' smart. Put out a limited first wave to catch the die hards & scalpers early, then release them in greater quantities so that everyone else has a shot. Sort of what they did with the #41 clone - tough to find in it's first wave, but soon became a brief pegwarmer.

wedge1968
02-18-2006, 06:59 PM
I've found a bunch already, and if more are on the way, I wouldn't resort to ebay yet.

Sith Lord 0498
02-18-2006, 07:26 PM
They probably changed the release date to coincide with Cody, but I doubt it will make much difference. Many people have reported them on the shelves already. Besides, it's hard to change a date for action figure releases. They don't have firm dates like DVDs, games, or CDs. They show up when they show up.

EDIT: Hey, this is post 1138 for me!! Wonder if that means I'll win a limited edition Robert Duvall as Lobot figure?? :)

Blue2th
02-18-2006, 07:41 PM
In a way that was kinda' smart. Put out a limited first wave to catch the die hards & scalpers early, then release them in greater quantities so that everyone else has a shot. Sort of what they did with the #41 clone - tough to find in it's first wave, but soon became a brief pegwarmer.
That might work in a movie year, but I have seen the Genosis wave at least 4 times and each time the two Troopers and Scorch were gone. If you don't arrive first when they stock the pegs, those three will be gone. Unlike any other '06 figure so far, the Utaupan Trooper is an army builder, and Scalper's delight. Good thing I ordered the Genosian wave from EE. I may have a hard time building even a small army. I will keep trying though.

wedge1968
02-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I am pretty sure that Cody is not shipping with the G. wave. I've opened two boxes myself and am pretty sure I was the first person to the other one, and he wasn't with any of them. I think he'll be out with the C. wave.

Slicker
02-19-2006, 12:50 PM
I am pretty sure that Cody is not shipping with the G. wave. I've opened two boxes myself and am pretty sure I was the first person to the other one, and he wasn't with any of them. I think he'll be out with the C. wave.No, Cody is DEFINITELY not shipping with the Geo. wave. He's for sure coming out in the Coruscant wave.

Blue2th
02-20-2006, 09:56 AM
Ok, this is what I did. Since I couldn't find the Utapau Trooper or Scorch. I decided to do the 3:00 AM Walmart sweep. I went to 6 Walmarts in the Albuquerque area. All the pallets were out for stocking. Every Star Wars case was open, and the 2 figures gone. Even though none of the other toys were opened. I finally manged to find one case that even though it was opened all the figures were in it. So I pulled the Trooper, Scorch and Jango out. Got chewed out by a stocking lady walking by. She said "don't open the boxes, because they might not stock that item, it might go back to the stock room." I said, " The pegs have been empty for 3 weeks, and this box was already opened." By that time I was already mad at getting chewed out for something that had aready happened at every other Walmart. I took my my Trooper, Scorch, and Jango and went home. The Scalpers are out in force around here. I just checked eBay to see what these figs are going for. I can't believe the prices.

jedi master sal
02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh gawd, do I even NEED to post a reply here about army builders?

Go on over to my LONG thread in the Dear Hasbro section to see what I think about Hasbro's propensity for shortpacking Army Builders.
http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31150

Suffice to say, I'm going to be well UNDER my estimation of this figure that I want to own. Now, I know I'm one of the extremes here, but I want a MINIMUM of 40 of these guys, with 100 being my optimal amount.

Troop packs are really the way for Hasbro to go with these. Selling them in 5 AND 10 packs would really get people jazzed up (in a good way). Imagine being able to walk into stores and finding a set of 5 or 10.

It's been my experience over the past almost 30 years of collecting that when people army build they tend to get between 5-10 of an army building type fig. So those packs make complete sense to me. If we can knock out that portion of collecting in one shot, for one it will make us MUCH happier. But it also raises profits for the retail stores, which in turn reflects well on Hasbro (and adds to their profit as well). Also, by enabling us to get army builders (AB) as such, it also frees up our ability to look for others figures to, without having to scrounge for the one lonesome AB that Hasbro keeps shortpacking.

I STILL dont' have my desired amount of Blue Tac Ops troopers. I wanted at LEAST 40 of those, but more on the level of 80-100. Were it not for having to order them online (and pay TOO much for them) I wouldn't have the 6 I do now.

Just think of the dollars Hasbro has LOST because they won't put out troops.

I'm repeating some of what I said in the "Dear Hasbro" thread, but it bears repeating: GIVE US MOVIE ACCURATE CLONES. One of the main reasons the white clones didn't sell as fast was because they weren't movie accurate. Okay maybe they were sene in one BRIEF scene, but that's it. Hasbro really needed to crank out the movie accurate clones instead of all the ridiculous repaints.

Dont' get me wrong, the red and green commanders were cool, so was the Shadow trooper (if too expensive though). But Utapau troopers should really be in EXCESS!

Also, the other key to clone building success is the right mold. The main reason the Clone Attack on Coruscnat set didn't sell through fast was because of choice of mold. Had they been #6 or #41 clones, they would have flown off the shelves. Hasbro need to pay attention to us on this. They really need to throw away the jet pack trooper mold and AT-TE gunner molds (at least DON'T use them for army builders).

There are many other types of army builders to that Hasbro seems to make mistakes on. Take for instance the Gungan warrior. Had this figure had better articulation it would have sold much better. The stagnant arms and legs took away from the fig.

Also, with regards to Battle Droids, IMHO, I think the Episode 1 BDs were the best. Great plastic, SA and all. They Saga ones were lacking (and HTF for some). The plastic quality got worse with them too.

Okay, so enough about other figs.

Hasbro really needs to ship the heck out of the Utapau trooper. Doign so would make many more collectors/kids happy and might just put some scalpers out of busines. What I'd like to see is those scalpers who think they are going to cash in now on the clones, get stuck with them, were Hasbro to release loads of them.

There's no way I can ask people to be patient on this figure. It just WON'T happen. Many people are going to buy from scalpers because of the "fear" of not finding even ONE of the Utapau trooper. It's really sad too. If the scalper would leave it alone, then the kid or collector would find it at retail.

Come on Hasbro MAKE THOSE CLONES, and ship them in HIGH QUANTITY!
-Sal

Blue2th
02-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Hasbro could at least improve the situation with the future wave 4 assortments, by replacing the 2 #13 Vaders in almost every case with Utapaun Troopers. This would give us at least 3 to 4 Troopers per case. I guarantee they would still outsell the other figures except maybe Cody. Us army builders only need one of him. How many Vaders do we need?

jedi master sal
02-20-2006, 12:46 PM
Hasbro could at least improve the situation with the future wave 4 assortments, by replacing the 2 #13 Vaders in almost every case with Utapaun Troopers. This would give us at least 3 to 4 Troopers per case. I guarantee they would still outsell the other figures except maybe Cody. Us army builders only need one of him. How many Vaders do we need?

Well I agree that less Vaders would be better. Three to four of that Trooper would be AWESOME! (Though I still maintain I'd rather see them in 5 packs, at a cheaper cost). But I'll be happy to get any I can get my hands on.

Though I disagree (for myself) on how many Cody's. I need 7 of him at least. (For planned diioramas and one to keep carded.)

I'm not just an army builder but a scene builder, similar to Tycho. Though not neccessarily as scene progressive as Tycho.

-Sal

jedi master sal
02-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Hey cool, just found out something neat. Utapau is a take on the Spanish word "Etapa" which means "Phase." So to say Utapau trooper means "Phase trooper" which makes complete sense as this armor was a photoshop phase (Morph) between the AOTC clone and the OT Stormtrooper!

Okay, so it doesn't have to do with the current problem, but I though I'd pass the news along.

Kidhuman
02-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Blue2th, when they tell you not to take figures out of the cases, ask them if they make money by sitting in the box and walk away with your loot.

jedi master sal
02-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Blue2th, when they tell you not to take figures out of the cases, ask them if they make money by sitting in the box and walk away with your loot.

Especially if you tell them that you'll put the rest of the figs on the pegs FOR THEM. If they can get out of even a little work, they usually buckle and let you open cases. I don't do this often, but when I ask to open a case, I ALWAYS offer to put the stuff on teh pegs or selves (where ever they go).

I've become known as the "Nice collector" at my local Wal*Mart, which can't hurt...

-Sal

figrin bran
02-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Hey cool, just found out something neat. Utapau is a take on the Spanish word "Etapa" which means "Phase." So to say Utapau trooper means "Phase trooper" which makes complete sense as this armor was a photoshop phase (Morph) between the AOTC clone and the OT Stormtrooper!

Okay, so it doesn't have to do with the current problem, but I though I'd pass the news along.

you're venturing awfully close into Slicker's "hem dazon/yellow eyes/salt addiction" territory with that post, JMS! :p

there's one thing i don't really like about the utapau clone figure and it's the dot matrix printer specks that they did the weathering marks with. i think i'm going to paint over them.