PDA

View Full Version : Personal Interstellar Transports

Ji'dai
02-19-2006, 10:18 AM
What one Star Wars starship would you prefer to see and be seen in while tooling around the galaxy? A fighter, perhaps? An A-Wing, or classic X-Wing or TIE equipped with hyperdrive? If the Clone Wars era is your thing, maybe you'd like a cherry Jedi Starfighter with external hyperdrive ring.

Want a little more elbow room? How about a Lambda-class Imperial Shuttle or modified Firespray-class patrol and attack ship such as Boba Fett's Slave I?

Maybe you're in the market for an inconspicous freighter with some rather personal (and likely illegal) "modifications" often found on famed smuggler ships such as the Millennium Falcon or Dash Rendar's Outrider.

Why not cruise around in style in those gleaming Theed Palace space yachts favored by the swells and royalty this side of Naboo? Heck, even the Hutts ride around in style in their Ubrikkian luxury yachts.

Or make an impression in your system with a classic Victory-class Imperial Star Destroyer. If Imperial aesthetics ain't your thing, how about something more organic and feng shui-friendly, such as a Mon Cal Cruiser?

So what would your personal interstellar transport of choice be if you lived in the Star Wars universe?

Slicker
02-19-2006, 10:26 AM
It'd definitely be the Bicenntenial Condor Millenium Falcon. The one great feature is the hanging dice. That just exudes pimpdom. It's also got it's own gaming table, plenty of storage for your collection, and it's a great fixer upper. Corellian transports all the way.:thumbsup:

Jargo
02-19-2006, 11:56 AM
Well now that we know the Corellian Corvette CR90 'blockade runner' can make planetfall, I think I'll go with that. it's a good size, fairly robust, equipped with plenty of lifeboats, has decent weaponery. the interior could do with some modifications as all that white would drive me space blind in a matter of days. but the styling is both simple and functional. relative comfort and enough room to move around. turn that baby into a pleasure cruiser and that's me set.
Though for a little R&R I'd favour an Ithorian herd ship for the lush greenery. As long as I had an interpreter with me.

Sith Lord 0498
02-19-2006, 01:13 PM
I'd take a Battle of Coruscant-era Jedi Interceptor...although I'd custom-fit it with an onboard hyperdrive. Even with my own Earth-bound vehicle, I prefer something small, manueverable, and totally dependent on my own skills. That's why I don't fly on planes...can't stand the idea of not being in control of my own transport.

However, if I would ever need to make a strong, intimidating presence, then I'd take a Venator-class Republic Destroyer. :)

bobafrett
02-19-2006, 10:19 PM
If you asked me this several years ago, I would have been torn between the X-Wing or the Millennium Falcon, but since I have turned to the darkside, and I am single, I would have to cruise around in an Imperial TIE fighter, though I don't like the massive blind spots with the large solar panels.

Kidhuman
02-19-2006, 11:31 PM
I would rock Slave 1. Its awesome.

figrin bran
02-20-2006, 12:42 AM
i want to be a backseat pilot aboard the clone wars gunship

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 02:40 AM
Millennium Falcon, Snowspeeder, X-wing, landspeeder - those are the ones that have always caught my attention. The Falcon though is really the top ride, it not only has room for all your friends, it has enough room to turn part of the ship into a flying disco. And I love that it has a hyperdrive, deflector shields, 2 quad-cannons, a boarding ramp, and a top hatch.

CaptainSolo1138
02-20-2006, 07:09 AM
I want the Falcon, too, but with an A-Wing docked to it.

UKWildcat
02-20-2006, 10:39 AM
I would have to cruise around in an Imperial TIE fighter

Definitely a TIE Fighter for me too. Just think Frett... We could cruise the galaxy, scope out the chicks, hit up some bars, kill some Jedi. It'd be fun brother! :D

JediTricks
02-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Eyeballs are good for one thing: target practice. No hyperdrive, no shields, no way for the pilot to see what's behind or to either side, no hope of returning alive.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I'd probably choose the Falcon, since it has it all.

I'd also go with the Slave I, since I'd just drive around all day and blow up sonic charges just to hear the sound they make. :D

Or the Executor, since the scene in which all the big-ol' Star Destroyers get (literally) overshadowed by the Executor is one of the coolest.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2006, 11:05 AM
I think I'd go with the Death Star. But ONLY if I could go to some import store and get the exhaust ports souped up so they sound really cool and loud. I'd pull up next to you at the red light, gun the throttle a couple times, and you'd sound like that sissy 3PO: "Oh dear!"

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 02:42 PM
The Death Star is mondo slow, look how long it takes to clear the planet Yavin, and how much slower their hyperdrive is than the Falcon's. The Death Star is the space equivalent of a school bus.

bobafrett
02-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Definitely a TIE Fighter for me too. Just think Frett... We could cruise the galaxy, scope out the chicks, hit up some bars, kill some Jedi. It'd be fun brother! :D

Right On, I'm single, I could get me some ladies if I had a TIE fighter! :love: :thumbsup:

Slicker
02-22-2006, 03:40 PM
Right On, I'm single, I could get me some ladies if I had a TIE fighter! :love: :thumbsup:But where are you gonna put them in a one-seater? That's why I picked the Falcon too was because it's got a bed right in it.:whip:

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Maybe he meant he could "get" them the way the TIE Fighters "got" Porkins. :p

figrin bran
02-22-2006, 10:08 PM
for interstellar travel, the gunship won't cut it (obviously i didn't read the thread title very carefully the first time i posted) and so i would favor the A-Wing. speed, maneuverability, hyperdrive...call it the Ferrari of the SW universe!

subject to JT's approval, of course :p

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Actually, the Republic Gunship is space-worthy in the EU, they have sliding panels over all the open doors on it.

Kidhuman
02-23-2006, 07:59 PM
That they do, was thinking of the CW episode in which the clones went after Anakin on Yavin 4.

figrin bran
02-23-2006, 10:23 PM
ohhhh yeah, that's right - i forgot about that CW episode. i still want the A-Wing for interstellar travel though i probably would hate flying as much as obi wan does and so after a little test flight, it's back to the gunship for me.

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 11:14 PM
That they do, was thinking of the CW episode in which the clones went after Anakin on Yavin 4.
And even before that, one of those 4 Clone Wars comics that TRU gave out had Mace or Yoda (or both) in a Gunship that was flying through space towards a planet. No hyperdrive though, it was flown to the system by an Attack Cruiser.