PDA

View Full Version : I saw my first counterfeit today.

Bobby Fett
02-20-2006, 07:36 PM
I saw a Scorch with Rebel Trooper hologram today. I assume someone switched holograms. If so, it was undetectable.

Slicker
02-20-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow. That seems like alot of work just to get a holo you want. Why would you even bother swapping them out? Hell, I doubt the store would even notice if a holo was missing.

Kidhuman
02-20-2006, 07:41 PM
I agree Slick, I would just poip out the holo I need.

stad
02-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Umm, why would this seem like someone switched out holos to you? Are the Clone Commando's supposed to come with dark side holos?

Kidhuman
02-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Bad Guys with Bad guys, good with good.

Blue2th
02-20-2006, 08:33 PM
Did you buy it? I would have regardless. Could be an error Scorch.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Umm . . . isn't Scorch a "good guy" anyway? What's wrong about this?

figrin bran
02-20-2006, 08:41 PM
i'll have to double check once i get home but i could've sworn my Scorch came with a Rebels/Republic holo fig. after all, doesn't the Republic Commando game take place pre-order 66 when all clones are good guys?

DarkArtist
02-20-2006, 08:51 PM
It might not be a countefeit, I've bought some of the bad guys with good guy holo's. I picked up a boba fett with a luke holo, and a snow trooper with a rebel trooper. And I picked up Sun Fac with Han Solo. If these holos are randomly placed it could very well be a true variation hunt. Plus I can't imagine someone going throught the trouble of switching out the holos, especially a Scorch with is a hard to find one.

starwarsfan1
02-20-2006, 09:30 PM
My Scorch came with a Yoda holo. I ordered it case fresh so I know it isnt counterfeit.

Bobby Fett
02-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Yes, I bought it. And, IMO, the clones were "bad guys" from the get go.

Shadow Knight
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Somebody just emptied all of the holos out of the figs at the Target I frequent. I am sure this practice is common but pretty shatty, I think. That's fine with me , if they would drop the price a couple of bones, but i dont guess its even worth asking an associate about. None of them seem to know anything about anything anyway. My scorch has a Stormtrooper by the way:cross-eye

Val Da Car
02-20-2006, 09:55 PM
I keep missing these figures.....if anyone sees them I would rather trade something for them...if possible.

I have seen enough Yoda to have me make a Yoda saber.....

Blue2th
02-20-2006, 10:23 PM
Yes, I bought it. And, IMO, the clones were "bad guys" from the get go.
I just bought one last night. The only one I could find, and he has an Obi-Wan Hologram. So what's up with that? Since the Clones and Scorch were helping the Jedi on Genosis (says so on the back of the card) at the time they were good guys. So I do believe you have an error card. Which should be a rare thing. Guess we'll see if more of them turn up on a regular basis. I will be looking for one.

UKWildcat
02-20-2006, 10:40 PM
No problems with the holos in my area.

I'm not an opener but it looks like it would be somewhat difficult to counterfeit these things w/o seeing some obvious tampering. Like I said, I haven't opened one of these packages so I could be wrong. (I have opened a few ROTS package and that was a pain just to open, let alone fake). I know there are people out there that could do it if they really put the time and effort into it but it still looks like someone could tell. I mean, it looks like you would have to completely detach the entire bottom right of the card (from the back), if not the entire card from the bubble, just to get to it. Then you would have to bend it to slide the whole holo and the white holder out, since the holos are specific to the holder (for the most part). Doing this w/o damage would be quite impressive. Then there is tape, glue, and just the overall appearance. I know tampering with the Vintage, POTF 95+, Saga '02 figures was easier because of how the bubble just lays flat on the card. But with these new Saga and even the ROTS where they had the bubble actually wrap around the sides to the back, with tape and glue, and the bottoms with glue, it would prevent a lot of tampering. I don't doubt that someone could do it but it looks like it would be one heck of a task and would take a lot of time and effort. If one could do this and do it flawlessly, why take it back to the store and return it?

As for opening the bottom of the packages and just taking a Holo... That is low and pathetic. It'd take a real (insert expletive here) to do something like that. Why just take the Holo when you could rip just a little further up the card and take the figure too? Might as well grab the donation jar to the local charity on the way out the door. (I've worked retail for many years and stealing is something I absolutely can not stand! :mad: )

Btw, My Scorch came with a Rebel Trooper. :D

Bacta Beast
02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Man I would just be freaked out to find a Scorch right now! Screw the hologram!!

Kidhuman
02-20-2006, 11:04 PM
Man I would just be freaked out to find a Scorch right now! Screw the hologram!!

I have to agree with that.

Slicker
02-21-2006, 01:15 AM
I should have actually looked at my Scorch before replying.

The holo that came with my Scorch was LUKE so that means that Scorch must be a good guy. I'm 100% sure it's LUKE so there's no confusion there.

As for the Utapau Clone I got a Stormtrooper.

ndjedi
02-21-2006, 01:36 AM
My Scorch came with a Holo Yoda. I bought it at a Target, when they opened up at 8 am. I know its not counterfeit. I really dont care for the Holos, just want all the new molds of figures and never before made figures in this new Saga line!

Bobby Fett
02-21-2006, 02:00 PM
Okay, if Hasbro wants to call Scorch a "good guy" that's fine with me - although I don't agree.

In that case, my Scorch has the "proper" hologram.

Sorry for the confusion.

Scackmgack
02-21-2006, 08:16 PM

A-frickin-MEN brother! I would buy a Scorch if it had a piece of poo where the hologram is supposed to go.

dashrender
02-21-2006, 11:39 PM
A-frickin-MEN brother! I would buy a Scorch if it had a piece of poo where the hologram is supposed to go.

I hate to say it, but since this guy is so damned hard to find, I would buy it even if the card was shredded..

Kidhuman
02-21-2006, 11:59 PM
I am about to knock an old lady off the head if I see one with him.

DarkArtist
02-22-2006, 09:05 AM
It's kind of funny to see so many people wanting Scorch when in this forum is another thread titled "Scorch kinda looks like poo." :D :D
I'm all for Scorch, actually wanted about 10 of him to customize. Would love to be able to make the entire Republic Commmando team and add some extra commandos to the mix. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JEDIpartner
02-22-2006, 09:26 AM
It's definitely NOT a counterfeit. The Scorch I saw (and my mom laughed at -- said it looked like a football player) came with a Queen Amidala hologram.

Kill Solo
02-24-2006, 10:45 PM
It's definitely NOT a counterfeit. The Scorch I saw came with a Queen Amidala hologram.

My Scorch also came with a Amidala holo.

BountyHunterScum
02-26-2006, 01:35 PM
My Scorch came with Yoda he's a good guy. My Jango came with Darth Maul.

Val Da Car
02-26-2006, 05:18 PM
The Republic Commando game is set during the start of the Clone Wars on Geonosis and at that time Scorch is a good character.

In Fact the Commandos shoot down Sun Fac.

So he would be a good character...thus the Queen Amidala Holos.

So now the Holo Chess set will be complete.