PDA

View Full Version : Darth Maul's Force FX Lightsaber goes on sale Thursday! (available now for CS member)

Tycho
02-21-2006, 05:52 PM
I am not a CS member, so I can't wait for Thursday. The price will be $199 for the whole thing, but if you need to buy it in installments, $119 (standard Force FX price) for each single blade - assemble the two when you have them both.

I can't wait to order this. The website doesn't say when MR will charge you and ship your sabers to you (Amy, help us out here). But this is clearly one of the ultimate Force-FX blades they could do. (another pitch for Obi-Wan's TPM saber here).

I'll be bringing mine to Comic Con 2006 if it ships by then -so be ready for me and watch out! You're going to see some serious Sith!

decadentdave
02-21-2006, 08:43 PM
I was thinking about bringing a Force FX to Comic-Con as well but I didn't know if it would be a problem bringing it on the plane. Would security consider it to be some kind of "weapon" and confiscate it? For this reason I did not bring any lightsabers with me when I saw ROTS in L.A. last year for fear that my beloved FX would be confiscated.

Tycho
02-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I don't know for sure. If you have someone in California you can ship it to, then ship it back to yourself, that'd be a better way to go. Or use a UAE port of entry, heh-heh.

I live in San Diego, so it's not really a problem for me. Lightsabers are hard to predict since they aren't firearms and a "prop-replica" is not really a weapon. CIV will be my concern unless MR has a new one there that I could buy (Obi-Wan TPM, another shameless plug, MR - if you're listening). I'd ship it back to myself, however.

So you could always buy your Maul FX from MR at Comic Con, use it for the convention, then ship it back to yourself. But you may have to forgo the pleasure of having it as early as everyone else (depending upon when they plan to ship their early orders). MR Force FX sabers are not limited editions like SS's 12" figures. I believe they are still manufacturing all the Force FX line sold in 2005 this year as well (Anakin E3, Vader E5, Mace E2, and Luke E6). I assume they'll all be available for a while and Maul's will be as well.

slartibartphast
02-22-2006, 06:02 PM
I was debating the cs membership renewal because I tend to find deals just as good anyway! No exception with this. I checked and nsidecollectibles.com will have it for preorder tomorrow for 180. I ordered from them before, really responsive to me, which I like.

DarthQuack
02-22-2006, 09:28 PM
Any word if these will be limited at all? I'm just asking because tomorrow's payday for me....and technically I COULD swing it....that's of course if I pass up on paying off more of a credit card....I have wanted to get this every since I got my first MR F/X Saber and I would totally buy the whole thing at once, because it's a better deal for one and how sweet would these be to use!! Any ideas???

slartibartphast
02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Not limited. Like the other fx maybe they could get hard to find for a short time like the others but those restocked. During that time I saw a lot of people pay too much? MR and the place I ordered won't charge till shipped for preorders anyway so if you want it why not?

This thing is going to be ridiculous, can't wait!

Tycho
02-22-2006, 11:21 PM
Does anyone know when MR will charge/ship?

Tycho
02-23-2006, 01:39 PM
I just ordered mine. No coupon, no CS membership, with shipping, after tax, it was $225.10. (ouch - but I probably won't miss the $$ versus having this saber). I'll follow up with this thread when I see them take the dough from my bank account and ship it (not to mention review it when I get this awesome piece). Now I'm crossing my fingers for an Obi-Wan TPM Force FX saber! (shameless plug #1 billion).

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 05:05 PM
I have my fingers crossed for one of those too Tycho.

DarthQuack
02-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I'll be bringing mine to Comic Con 2006 if it ships by then -so be ready for me and watch out! You're going to see some serious Sith!

Let me know...I'll come duel you....of course I WOULD have to bring an Obi-Wan TPM saber to make it perfect....

Tycho
02-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Good luck. MR doesn't make an Obi-Wan TPM Force FX yet (another shameless hint, MR) and MR's D.Maul will split a Hasbro or Rubies saber in half easily! (Saw that happen at ROTS's premier when the MR Vader blade cut down a Mace Windu of Hasbro's). I SOOOOOooooooo Much want an Obi-Wan Force FX from TPM. They are making his ROTS saber this year instead (due out possibly in time for Comic Con - or maybe purchaseable there). They've said nothing about continuing with TPM Force FX sabers, but my guess would be that Qui-Gon's would be next since Obi's ROTS would be another blue one, hence they'd go green.

DarthQuack
02-23-2006, 09:12 PM
DUH Tycho....I know from all your posts they haven't made one yet....it was just wishful thinking of course.

DarthQuack
02-25-2006, 12:10 PM
Just put in my order for one from MR. No sales tax for me Tycho...mine came to 207 and change....so when I get my tax return it will just go straight to my credit card.....Bring on all Jedi....:thumbsup:

DarthQuack
03-06-2006, 08:49 AM
I want this to ship already.......

BEW
03-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow! $207 is a lot. I know a place where you can get it for $159. That is where I got mine. Both halves!