PDA

View Full Version : Some idiot wrecks his amazing car...

UKWildcat
02-21-2006, 08:36 PM
Have you all seen this?!?!? Unbelievable! This guy was driving his Ferrari Enzo on the PCH in Malibu and totals his million dollar ride. Then he claims he wasn't the driver, but the passanger. According to articles the police think he was racing a Mercedes McLaren-SLR and possibly going 150+ mph.

Here is the news article (http://www.nbc4.tv/traffic/7292691/detail.html)

More pics from the scene (http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/news/more-on-the-enzo-incident-on-pch-with-photos-156121.php)

As you can see the engine is totally separated from the car.

The story makes me cry... not only from laughter, but from the destruction of such a beautiful and amazing automobile.

Tsk... tsk... tsk...

Kidhuman
02-21-2006, 11:01 PM
I guess he doesnt care to much.

JetsAndHeels
02-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Man, what a waste. I know I would die to have a car like that!!

bobafrett
02-21-2006, 11:09 PM
Man, what a waste. I know I would die to have a car like that!!

I don't know if "Die" is the word I would use, cause if you are dead, you no longer would need anything that fast. What a way to wreck a beautiful car, just glad no one else was hurt.

UKWildcat
02-21-2006, 11:10 PM
I know I would die to have a car like that!!
Yea, I know what ya mean JF96. Well, I would kill to have a car like that... if I was dead it wouldn't do me much good. ;):D

JediTricks
02-21-2006, 11:21 PM
What a total clown! Separated the engine from the body! And there's only 400 of them in the world total... oops, now only 399. :p

stillakid
02-21-2006, 11:31 PM
Aside from the tragedy of some dumbsh** F'ing up such a beautiful car, this brings up another annoying feature of life in Los Angeles. Why the F did the cops shut that entire road down? They do that crap all the time...needlessly shutting down lanes and wreaking more havoc upon the traffic than is truly necessary. I believe that they do it as a power-play...simply because they can and they get off on being part of the "show." Seriously, get to the scene of the accident, move the sh** off the road, take your measurements quickly and get traffic moving again as soon as possible. But time after time, particularly in accidents with fatalities, we hear that an investigation will literally take hours. What?! Gimme a ****** break. All of 'em are morons...the jerkwads that can't drive a car in the first place and the morons that come to clean it all up afterwards. Neither task is f'ing brain surgery for christ's sake. :cross-eye

JetsAndHeels
02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
I don't know if "Die" is the word I would use, cause if you are dead, you no longer would need anything that fast. What a way to wreck a beautiful car, just glad no one else was hurt.

I am not speaking literally here. Just saying I would love to have a nice sportscar like that one. :)

El Chuxter
02-22-2006, 02:16 PM
It was me. :cry:

Slicker
02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
I saw this yesterday and just laughed. If he can afford that car you know he's gonna just buy another one and do the same thing. They should sentence him to drive a mini-van for life.

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 04:49 PM
There is no "buy another one", I thought all 400 Enzos had already been sold and that's that. I bet Ferrari wouldn't sell him another even if they DID have one though, they tend to take this stuff very seriously.

Slicker
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
There is no "buy another one", I thought all 400 Enzos had already been sold and that's that. I bet Ferrari wouldn't sell him another even if they DID have one though, they tend to take this stuff very seriously.And according to this site there have been at least 4 other Enzos (http://www.wreckedexotics.com/enzo/) totalled. What a shame.

That sites actually pretty good. It can make you forget about a paint scratch in your Pinto really fast.

UKWildcat
02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
There is no "buy another one", I thought all 400 Enzos had already been sold and that's that. I bet Ferrari wouldn't sell him another even if they DID have one though, they tend to take this stuff very seriously.
Well... you can purchase one if you happen to have another cool million in the bank. I checked Dupont registry just to see if there were any Enzos for sale and there are about 10. Obviously they are not new NEW but they are barely used with under 500 miles, typically. I do agree... He doesn't deserve to own another one of these fine autos and Ferrari should have him hunted down and (very bad stuff happen to him).

Here's a link

Enzos for Sale (http://www.drautos.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=273556&sessionkey=%7BE687DB3E-0CBF-44C1-9806-02153B76FD71%7D)

Edit: generic link doesn't work with Duponts site... but here is an example of one and you can view the others by just searching Ferrari>Enzo. It will pull up the rest.

And according to this site there have been at least 4 other Enzos (http://www.wreckedexotics.com/enzo/) totalled.
I bet Enzo is rolling in his grave too.

What a shame. That sites actually pretty good. It can make you forget about a paint scratch in your Pinto really fast.
No kidding... That site is really depressing but thanks for sharing...

Slicker
02-23-2006, 04:35 PM
Here's a video I found with a news report and all.

Link (http://www.8op.net/details.php?image_id=577)

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Maybe his plan is to secretly buy up all 400 Enzos and destroy all but 1, making his the absolute most rare! :p He better hurry tho', prices on these are skyrocketing.

See, he should have left his mint on card!

El Chuxter
02-23-2006, 07:41 PM
I hope this wasn't the rare variation where the Enzo was packaged facing left instead of right. :(

UKWildcat
02-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Here's a video I found with a news report and all.

Link (http://www.8op.net/details.php?image_id=577)
Good vid Slick. Its funny that they started out with the "Fatal Crash" in the screen subject then changed it when they found out everyone survived. I don't believe the moron said it was a 16 valve V-8 "Huge engine", when in fact it is a 48 valve V-12.:stupid:

See, he should have left his mint on card!

I hope this wasn't the rare variation where the Enzo was packaged facing left instead of right.
Good stuff!!! lol

Seems like Ferrari is getting prasies for this. Someone smashing into a telephone pole at possibly 200 mph and walking away with a bloddy lip.

"Well I tell ya, they got their moneys worth in this case"

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 11:23 PM
Tearing the rear end off a million-dollar Enzo wouldn't make me feel lucky.

Did he hit a phone pole? The front end looks pretty much intact, he would have had to have sideswiped it, is that the case?

UKWildcat
02-23-2006, 11:27 PM
Did he hit a phone pole? The front end looks pretty much intact, he would have had to have sideswiped it, is that the case?

Yea, evidentally he sideswiped a phone/power pole. Check the link that Slicker provided, it has some of the details. Pretty funny to listen to also, since they don't know what they are talking about for the most part.

Slicker
02-24-2006, 03:22 AM
Also, these Enzos are designed for the back half to rip away so the engine doesn't fly through the passenger compartment. You'll notice that the back was cleeved almost cleanly away. I read that in one of the links.

And has anyone else noticed how much f-ing publicity wrecking a $1 million car brings? I've seen this story EVERYWHERE.

Jargo
02-24-2006, 08:12 AM
the things that million could have bought. or the good causes it could have helped. guys like him deserve to be lobotomised and locked away for the safety and good of the world.

stillakid
02-24-2006, 08:19 AM
the things that million could have bought. or the good causes it could have helped. guys like him deserve to be lobotomised and locked away for the safety and good of the world.

What do you mean? That million helped feed, clothe, and educate the children of several Italian families. :)

No, I'm not kidding. We hear comments like that all the time when rich people spend money on "frivolous" things. They already (presumably) have spent money on the necessities of life. Once that's done, there is a ton of cash sitting around. So what's better, that they leave it in the bank or send it back out into the marketplace in large chunks so it can go help other people? Would it have been "better" if the guy had taken that million to the local orphanage instead? Maybe, but it's his money and he probably wasn't about to do that anyway. It wasn't an "option" most likely. So it seems to make more sense to applaud him for "spending" the money instead of leaving it in his bank account. :)

Sith Lord 0498
02-24-2006, 05:43 PM
What amazes me is that some idiot wrecked his car and it's NATIONAL NEWS??!?!?

Why are we even able to talk about it?? Most of us shouldn't even KNOW about it!!! Why is it national news? Because it's a rare Ferrari?? Who cares!!

Sorry if I sound very bitter, but I just get so sick and tired of media outlets latching on to the dumbest stories and parading them around like they're all important news items that we as a world need to know about.

Oooh...Britney Spears drove off holding her baby in her lap...big freaking deal!!! How about spotlighting the number of severe child abuse cases in the state of California and do in-depth reporting on how that screws up the kids??? That would be more worthy of our attention that some has-been pop "star" who did something stupid.

stillakid
02-24-2006, 06:51 PM

Why are we even able to talk about it?? Most of us shouldn't even KNOW about it!!! Why is it national news? Because it's a rare Ferrari?? Who cares!!

Sorry if I sound very bitter, but I just get so sick and tired of media outlets latching on to the dumbest stories and parading them around like they're all important news items that we as a world need to know about.

Oooh...Britney Spears drove off holding her baby in her lap...big freaking deal!!! How about spotlighting the number of severe child abuse cases in the state of California and do in-depth reporting on how that screws up the kids??? That would be more worthy of our attention that some has-been pop "star" who did something stupid.

Far be it from me to stick up for the news business, but those "in depth" stories you refer to are pretty boring stuff. Your standard Joe-Six Pack will tune that sort of thing out immediately thus making the entire point moot. Because people tend to be superficial by nature, they need to be entranced by shiny objects that attract their attention first. So in order for the news business to be able to deliver a story about child seat safety, it first has to wrap it up in a pretty box.

The Ferrari story? File it under "human interest," I guess. Maybe an appetizer story to get people to tune in first, then maybe they'll stick around long enough to get a healthy portion of "important" news.

Sad but true. Real news is available in the form of Lehrer on PBS and NPR but people would rather be entertained and only hear soundbites that confirm what they already wish to believe (in the case of FOX News).

Sith Lord 0498
02-25-2006, 11:02 AM
Far be it from me to stick up for the news business, but those "in depth" stories you refer to are pretty boring stuff. Your standard Joe-Six Pack will tune that sort of thing out immediately thus making the entire point moot. Because people tend to be superficial by nature, they need to be entranced by shiny objects that attract their attention first. So in order for the news business to be able to deliver a story about child seat safety, it first has to wrap it up in a pretty box.

The Ferrari story? File it under "human interest," I guess. Maybe an appetizer story to get people to tune in first, then maybe they'll stick around long enough to get a healthy portion of "important" news.

Sad but true. Real news is available in the form of Lehrer on PBS and NPR but people would rather be entertained and only hear soundbites that confirm what they already wish to believe (in the case of FOX News).

You have a point. There are many who probably would label those as "boring" stories that need to "tuned out", and your "shiny objects" comment is as good a way to explain it.

Of course the majority of people are that way...because they've been spoon-fed this crap by news outlets for so many years. Go back a few decades and things were much different...much more serious. IMO, that's why we had the "Big Three"...Rather, Brokaw, Jennings.

If those same three people started their careers today, I doubt people would pay much attention to their straight-laced, hard-hitting journalistic attitudes.

Turbowars
02-25-2006, 12:59 PM
What a total clown! Separated the engine from the body! And there's only 400 of them in the world total... oops, now only 399. :pHey look on the bright side, now the rest of the 399 will go up in value. Kind of what GG and SSC are doing.:D

LusiferSam
02-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Wow the whole back end is ripped off. That takes some skills. Not that I want those skills (or that car). Funny stuff, funny stuff.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 05:38 PM

Oooh...Britney Spears drove off holding her baby in her lap...big freaking deal!!! How about spotlighting the number of severe child abuse cases in the state of California and do in-depth reporting on how that screws up the kids??? That would be more worthy of our attention that some has-been pop "star" who did something stupid.You just haven't put all the pieces together yet, this car accident was on the PCH, the same highway that Britney was driving on while holding her baby on her lap and a week before the same highway where her Ferrari broke down and had to be pushed off the road by the papparazi - the pieces are all there Mulder, they've just been spread apart, the original timeline had the Enzo smashing into Britney's Ferrari convertible while she was driving with the baby on her lap, killing the child and the state of California arresting Britney Spears for severe child abuse - tell me that ain't headline news! :D

Sith Lord 0498
02-26-2006, 07:26 PM
You just haven't put all the pieces together yet, this car accident was on the PCH, the same highway that Britney was driving on while holding her baby on her lap and a week before the same highway where her Ferrari broke down and had to be pushed off the road by the papparazi - the pieces are all there Mulder, they've just been spread apart, the original timeline had the Enzo smashing into Britney's Ferrari convertible while she was driving with the baby on her lap, killing the child and the state of California arresting Britney Spears for severe child abuse - tell me that ain't headline news! :D

While I was trying to make a serious point with my post, I can't help but laugh at your response. That does sound like a twisted X-Files plot that requires an extinction of disbelief!! LOL :)

UKWildcat
08-03-2006, 10:00 AM
It's like deja vu all over again.

Linky (http://kutv.com/local/local_story_215005204.html)

JediTricks
08-03-2006, 02:37 PM
Wow, this time they ROLLED an Enzo, that's a tough thing to do with a car that low, he must have really screwed up. What a total clown. He's lucky that his car was built strong enough to not kill him in that roll, the aftermath looks especially devastating but he's doing ok. I bet he won't feel so great once he sees what he did to his amazing car though. :p

Ferrari should put these guys on the list of people not to sell cars to.