PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Wall Clock

The Dead Warrior
02-22-2006, 07:03 AM
When I was tyding up last weekend i found an old starwars wall clock that i forgot i had. It is a few years old now and i wanted to find some information about it but after many days of searching i could not find anything about it, this lead me to belive that it might be a rare item now. So if anybody has any information or comments about please let me know.

Pictures : ( Please replace # with a . )

www#kierandolling#50megs#com/Pictures/SW_clock.jpg

www#kierandolling#50megs#com/Pictures/SW_clock_2.jpg

DarkArtist
02-22-2006, 08:22 AM
it's hard to say whether or not it is a rare item or not. I have a wall clock that i bought from a local comic book store years ago and it was made out of an existing poster mounted on foam board and the clock mechanism was embedded into the foam. it was a great piece and looked amazing.

My advice is check the back of the clock or see if it says anything about it being official. Look for a 20th Century Fox logo, or a LucasFilm LTD logo. If these are not present then most likely it is a custom item. Either way it still is a cool piece to own. Also check out ebay. Might give you some answers as well.

bobafrett
02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Might they also have it in a collectibles book? I don't remember the name of the book, but it lists tons of stuff that was made under the Star Wars licence.

Jayspawn
02-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Now thats in interesting one. I love the dial on the Death Star!

Slicker
02-22-2006, 03:44 PM
That definitely is an awesome piece. I like how they incorporated it almost flawlessly into the movie poster.

JediTricks
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
I think it may be fake, the numbers on the Death Star look very after-thought like, like someone scanned one of the later posters (this is not the Hilderbrandt art, it's the one meant to look like it) and added them later, then reprinted this, the clock element looks far cheaper than any I've seen used in SW products, and it sports a '97 copyright on the front yet the Star Wars logo in the upper left isn't gold even though from late '96 on to Ep 1 the licensed SW logo was gold to celebrate the 20th anniversary and the SEs.

bobafrett
02-22-2006, 10:25 PM
I have a couple of light switches that some pasted a Star Wars photo onto. They have help up nicely over time, but they are handmade, and only worth the smile I get when I turn on my lights and see the Star Wars image revealed under my hand as it moves away from the switch.

2-1B
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm with JT, I think it might be fake too. But it's still neat lookin' :)

If I may borrow a line from Jocasta Nu, "if an item does not appear in Sansweet's records, it doesn't exist." lol

The Dead Warrior
02-23-2006, 06:36 AM
I dont belive it is a fake, it is for sure not made from a poster, it is printed directly on a wodden base. it was designed to be a clock and made as one. i'm surprised no body else has seen one before.

And to JediTricks, thats a good point about not having a golden logo, i'm not a big starwars collector so i dont know weither that is the case or not.

InsaneJediGirl
02-23-2006, 10:56 AM
I'm with JT ans Cae,it looks like a fake to me,especially considering the numbers dont look very Sci-Fi. Pretty awesome though,whoever made it did a fairly good job.