PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett Prototype in range?

badtaste
08-21-2001, 05:07 PM
Boba Fett Prototype,

Is the Boba Fett Prototype in range? Does someone have the item? Is it worth it to get an replica? Where can ou get a good replica?

bigbarada
08-21-2001, 07:02 PM
Last I heard it was expensive enough to trade in for a new car.

muskrat
08-22-2001, 12:07 AM
last time I saw a "real" Boba Fett prototype, a place called cloud city collectables had one ( think it was them) on Ebay. As I remember the reserve was around $15,0000, there is one now on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1629937816

this one is a custom, I think it would be your best bet,(unless your loaded) they look pretty much like the original

evenflow
08-22-2001, 07:51 AM
Well, Range is how much you have to spend. It's not really in my range.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-23-2001, 11:35 AM
Are all the rocket-firing vintage BFs called prototypes or just the ones that are unpainted? I would just settle for having a complete BF. I kick myself every time I think about having sold mine when I was 13 years old.

bigbarada
08-23-2001, 04:43 PM
The prototypes are the rocket firing ones, since that feature was removed before production. If somehow you got your hands on a rocket-firing production version of Boba Fett then you either have: 1. a fake, or 2. a one of a kind collectible that nobody knew about. Chances are it would be impossible to sell a production version of the rocket-firing Fett, since common knowledge dictates it was never produced. So anyone who could afford the thousands it would be worth would just assume it was a fake.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-23-2001, 06:42 PM
This is probably why I will never get a Vinyl Cape Jawa, since it's relatively easy to make fakes. If it's really cheap, it can't be real. If it's real, it'll be expensive. Dilemma. If you want a missle firing Fett, buy a cheap vintage one as customize it yourself.

bigbarada
08-23-2001, 07:20 PM
Yeah Brian's Toys used to sell replica vinyl jawa capes for like $10. I just recently saw replica double-telescoping Luke, Darth and Ben sabers for around $35 each on BT's website!

GNT
08-25-2001, 12:17 AM
I wouldn't buy anything that said it was real without proof!

Just get a fake to be safe!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-25-2001, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't buy anything that said it was real without proof! Just get a fake to be safe!
Huh? So, you'd pay outrageous prices for fakes? I is being confuzzed, GNT. Or is this a "down under" phase? :D j/k

GNT
08-26-2001, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

Huh? So, you'd pay outrageous prices for fakes? I is being confuzzed, GNT. Or is this a "down under" phase? :D j/k

Yep its a down under phrase :)

What I mean is, if your going to spend say $700 for a prototype you would want proof that it was "real" prototype since there are heaps of fakes out there! So by getting a cheap fake you'll save $$$ and you wont get burnt it the future :)

badtaste
08-26-2001, 04:50 AM
700 dollars doesn't seemed to be very high.

I'm looking for a new one because I lost the rocket of the one I have (just Joking).

I think I'm going for the fake one...

GNT
08-26-2001, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by badtaste
700 dollars doesn't seemed to be very high.

Its still alot of money to spend!

badtaste
08-30-2001, 01:06 PM
Damn, I lost the auction.