PDA

View Full Version : All-Con is Back for 2006! (Dallas, TX) - Captain Typho, Barris Ofee!

JediCole
02-22-2006, 03:06 PM
The Dallas/Fort Worth area of Texas is rather blessed with a heavy concentration of conventions of interest to all kinds of fans throughout the year. One of my personal favorites returns for its second big year, All-Con! All-Con 2006 will be held in Dallas, TX at the Sterling Hotel (I-183 at Regal Row) the weekend of March 17-19, 2006 and will feature events from the moment the convention opens on Friday morning to the moment it closes on Sunday afternoon! That's right, 24 hour programming!

All-Con 2006 is a fan-organized multi-genre convention featuring a great guest line-up (film/television/comic guests including Jay (Captain Typho) Laga'aia and Nalini (Barris Ofee) Krishan), two 24-hour video rooms, the second annual Ms. Star Wars competition, model building competition, costume contest, live music, improve comedy, a game show (five times during the weekend), shadowcasts of Rocky Horror and Moulin Rouge, Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre (by the nationally known Keith & Margo's), fan clubs, panels, LARP, tabletop and computer gaming, a Dealer's Room and the All-Con Super Store (by A Piece of the Action Collectibles), and more events and attractions than I have time or space to mention. Visit their website for all the information:

http://all-con.org/

Mrs. JediCole and I will be there all weekend as we are producing the aforementioned game show (twice on Friday and Saturday, once on Sunday) as well as representing the Dallas/Fort Worth area's fastest growing multi-interest fan club, Fandom at Random DFW!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fandomatrandomdfw/

I hope to see many Sir Steve's Guide members at All-Con! Most of the weekend I should be easy to spot as I have taken to wearing a white lab coat to conventions! Be sure to say hello if you are attending. Need more info? Please feel free to email me (jedicole@yahoo.com).

El Chuxter
02-22-2006, 03:10 PM
No possible way I can make the two-day drive to get there, but if Ms Offee is willing, you can mail her to me in Cali. :kiss:

Just don't tell Mrs Chuxter unless you can send her Jonny Depp at the same time.

2-1B
02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Jay would be awesome to say hello to. Nalini was SUPPOSED to be at a show in Chicago last year but she had to cancel. Mary Oyaya was still there, though.

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Jay Laga'aia is a great guy! I met him at Celebration III, he was very nice.