PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race: Season 9

UKWildcat
02-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Yup... almost time for The Amazing Race to begin again. The 2 Hour premiere is this Tuesday, February 28th at 9 pm et.

I'm really looking forward to this season to begin. Last season (Family Edition) was okay, but I'm ready for the original style again. 11 teams of two people, racing across 5 continents and much more difficult Road Blocks and Detours.

Here are the contestants (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race9/).

Of course I like Danielle and Dani. Joseph and Monica look like they could be serious threats.

I can't wait!!!

UKWildcat
02-28-2006, 11:47 PM
I hope you all were able to catch the season premiere tonight. I thought it was pretty good and I am pleased with most of the teams.

I think BJ and Tyler and Eric and Jeremy have proven to the other teams that they are the ones to beat. They both ran an almost flawless first leg. Another team that was surprisingly tough was Wanda and Desiree. They did really well and are also in the top of the pack. All three of these teams should make it very far in the game.

There are some teams that I'm not thrilled with. The first one being the team that got kicked off tonight. I absolutely could not stand that one guy who looked "Dr. Giggles". Lisa and Joni appear to be pretty weak competitors so I can't see them sticking around much longer. Same with Fran and Barry. I'm not huge fans of David and Lori, yea, they are definitely real geeky and the show is definitely playing off that. But they aren't toooo bad. We've definitely had worst in the past.

Lake and Michelle appear to be pretty strong competitors. It does sound like Lake is somewhat of a racist, or he is just plain ignorant, probably both. But either way, they could be a tough team down the line. He did put that motor cycle together rather quickly. Joseph and Monica could also be a strong team. It seems like Monica might be a "crier" so hopefully her emotions won't hurt their team, since I like them.

I'm still kinda up in the air with Ray and Yolanda. They didn't get much airtime but they could also be a pretty big threat as the race progesses or they could be weak. Team "Double D", Dani and Danielle, aren't the strongest competitors but I'm sure they are going to use other "assets" to further themselves in the game. I like this team, obviously, so I hope they stick around for a while. :thumbsup:

Like I said... Overall I am pretty happy with the teams that were chosen, as of now. I'm sure when a couple of the teams get weeded out, like "The Frosties" and the older couple (Fran and Barry) it will even the playing field out greatly. The teams should be pretty evenly matched, for the most part, which should make for a very exciting and competitive season. Should be a good one!

What do you all think?

OC47150
03-03-2006, 01:51 PM
I think CBS picked a good group. Lake is the only unlikeable person. Is he this season's villian? I dunno.

The nerds, hippies, and the Frosties are my faves so far. Double D isn't a threat; choosing to do the motorcycle repair challenge proved that. They'll last a few more weeks.

Don't know if Fran and Barry will last too long, but hey, the older teams have surprised me before.

The frat boys are going to send that $20,000 on the biggest kegger, you know?

UKWildcat
03-03-2006, 09:12 PM
Lake is the only unlikeable person. Is he this season's villian? I dunno.

Yeah, word around the campfire is that Lake and Michelle are this years "Jonathan and Victoria".

and the Frosties are my faves so far.

WHAAAA?!?!?

Don't know if Fran and Barry will last too long, but hey, the older teams have surprised me before.

Yea, that old couple last year did really well; better than any older couple in the seasons' history.

OC47150
03-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Jonathan! That's it! I couldn't think of his name for the life of me.

I think how the teams finished in this episode may be a good indicator as to how they'll do this season. I see the frat boys as a strong team and unless they make a huge mistake (or thinking with wrong parts of their bodies when the Double Ds are around) they will be a big threat.

The hippies and the nerds should do well, too.

Some of the couples, well...I don't know.

mastermatt24
03-05-2006, 11:26 PM
Im like, so totally, like, like, glad those gay guys are gone! :p

UKWildcat
03-06-2006, 12:10 AM
I think how the teams finished in this episode may be a good indicator as to how they'll do this season. I see the frat boys as a strong team and unless they make a huge mistake (or thinking with wrong parts of their bodies when the Double Ds are around) they will be a big threat.

Yea, I agree 100%.

The hippies and the nerds should do well, too.

Some of the couples, well...I don't know.

Yea, I think the hippies will do well. I'm not too sure about the nerds though. They are rather obnoxious, but they do have the capability to be a strong team. As far as the couples go, I think Joseph and Monica could be serious threats, it just depends on how emotional Monica is.

Im like, so totally, like, like, glad those gay guys are gone!

You can say that again! That "Dr. Giggles" guy was just creepy. I don't know if I could have watched the entire season with him around. Definitely glad to see them go first.

OC47150
03-06-2006, 08:24 AM
I really wanted to see the one guy bungee jump!! Now, that's not gonna happen.

UKWildcat
03-06-2006, 11:36 PM
Yea, that would've been quite a sight OC! lol

So what teams do you like mastermatt24?

OC47150
03-07-2006, 08:29 AM
I wanted to see Dr. Giggles scream like a little girl while bungee jumping. AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mastermatt24
03-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Eh. To early to tell. Maybe after tonight.

OC47150
03-08-2006, 07:58 AM
UK, remember that I mentioned that the frat boys could lose their chance of winning by thinking with a certain part of their anatomy? Well, it's started. They had sex on the brain!

I hated to see the Frosties go. I really liked them.

But at our house, we thought it was odd that they got to the pit stop awful quickly. Should've been at least one more challenge thrown in.

UKWildcat
03-08-2006, 09:47 PM
(I just got through watching last nights episode)

UK, remember that I mentioned that the frat boys could lose their chance of winning by thinking with a certain part of their anatomy? Well, it's started. They had sex on the brain!

Yup, hahaha... I knew it wouldn't take long. :D

But at our house, we thought it was odd that they got to the pit stop awful quickly. Should've been at least one more challenge thrown in. No kidding! I thought the same thing. It was like 30 min. into the game and the teams were already going for the pit stop. :confused:

The frat boys and the Hippies did excellent again. If they stick together they should go really far, unless like yous said, one of them makes a serious mistake. I thought it was good that the dating coulpe, Monica and Joe did well and proved that they are threats. It was kinda funny to see the nerds finished fourth yet again.

Good season so far. Once the old couple gets the boot the playing field will even out greatly so it should get a lot more exciting.

UKWildcat
03-14-2006, 11:38 PM
I about died when the Hippies jumped out of the bushes and scared the crap out of the frat brothers. That was priceless.

One thing I don't understand is why not one, but TWO people would choose to do a roadbloack when they can't swim or have a fear of water?!?!? The clue said "plunge" and you are at a high diving pool. I don't know about you guys, but when I hear or see the word plunge, I automatically think of water. That was absolutely mind boggling. :crazed:

Good show tonight. I knew there was no way that they were going to wrap that episode up in time. Looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

OC47150
03-15-2006, 08:13 AM
I about died when the Hippies jumped out of the bushes and scared the crap out of the frat brothers. That was priceless.

One thing I don't understand is why not one, but TWO people would choose to do a roadbloack when they can't swim or have a fear of water?!?!? The clue said "plunge" and you are at a high diving pool. I don't know about you guys, but when I hear or see the word plunge, I automatically think of water. That was absolutely mind boggling. :crazed:

Good show tonight. I knew there was no way that they were going to wrap that episode up in time. Looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

Priceless it was!

I didn't understand that either. No one has mentioned if the team members need to do a certain number of roadblocks like they had to do in previous ARs.

Desiree is definitely the leader in her team.

I would go nuts going through the dolls looking for that tiny clue.

UKWildcat
03-15-2006, 06:19 PM
I didn't understand that either. No one has mentioned if the team members need to do a certain number of roadblocks like they had to do in previous ARs.

Yea, I have been wondering the same thing. I know when they first put the limit on the number of times a RB could be performed by a single person, they stated it on the show several times. Now I wonder if there is no limit, since it is not being mentioned, or if there is a limit and it is to be assumed now?!?!?

I would go nuts going through the dolls looking for that tiny clue.

No kidding. I wouldn't have the patience for that, but most of those people finished before the trolly washing people.

So, who do you all think will get kicked off next week?

OC47150
03-16-2006, 09:07 AM
At this point, I think it's between three: Double D, Wanda and Desiree and Fran and Barry. Double D forgetting their bag was a costly mistake. Wanda's swimming phobia hurt her and Desiree. And Fran and Barry, God love 'em, it's just hard for them to keep up.

Based on previous episodes where it's been continued (and this is pure speculation), all of the teams will get caught up by having to wait for something to open in the morning.

But I could be wrong.

UKWildcat
03-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Based on previous episodes where it's been continued (and this is pure speculation), all of the teams will get caught up by having to wait for something to open in the morning.

But I could be wrong.

You are probably right, that tends to happen quite often. That and when the teams become even at the airport when everyone gets on the same flight or they have to wait/sleep until the place opens or the flights leave.

Yea, I agree with your three teams and for the same reasons you stated. It is basically a toss up between those 3. But who knows, crazier things have happened in the past.

OC47150
03-22-2006, 08:18 AM
UK, I had to look back and see who I thought would be eliminated. I was right: Wanda and Desiree. Driving in the wrong direction was a fatal error. I will miss them.

OK, who do you think the German girl would hook up with, the frat boys or the hippies? I saw hippies because they can speak German.

You know, I think the teams spent less than 24 hours in Russia. Talk about a fast trip!

UKWildcat
03-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I think a while back I said Desiree and Wanda were going to be threats. I guess I was wrong about that one. The whole thing about her not being able to dive and get that clue is when I new it didn't look good for that team. Still... it was good that she accomplished that task and conquered her fear though.

It was great when the frat boys were cracking the bottles and one of them was like "Hey, thats my girlfriend!(German chick)" *crack* I about died. The hippies did have the upper hand, since they spoke the language.

I'm not sure I liked or agreed with that other Detour. The dancing. It looked like the teams that choose that were doing it half-a**ed and getting away with it. I was like, Fran and Barry would be able to do it that good and fast. They were way too lenient with that one. Oh well.

Looks like the Hippies and the Frat boys are still the ones to beat. Double D needs to stop following, that about killed them when they just followed Wan. and Des., and they need to start trying to get places on their own. I would rather get kicked off the show by my own mistake, than somebody elses.

OC47150
03-23-2006, 11:49 AM
UK, how can be not mention Monica dancing? :love:

Fran and Barry look like they know how to dance, so that detour was probably easy for them.

pegger
03-23-2006, 01:05 PM
It's a shame that the 2 hotties don't have a brain between them - why would you follow another team that got lost - not once - not twice - but 3 times on the way to the same place?!?

And - I love the hippies... running backwards to the mat - and greeting Santa!

UKWildcat
03-23-2006, 09:51 PM
UK, how can be not mention Monica dancing? :love:

Yea, that was nice.

It's a shame that the 2 hotties don't have a brain between them - why would you follow another team that got lost - not once - not twice - but 3 times on the way to the same place?!?

No kidding!!! They need to catch up with the frat boys so the guys will do all the work for them. If they don't catch up, they will be leaving really soon. Of course, if they do catch up and buddy-buddy with the frat boys again, that is likely to cause the frat boys to lag.

The Santa greeting was awesome! I completely forgot about that.

So who do you all think will be getting kicked off next week, if anyone? Might be coming up on a non-elimination round pretty soon.

UKWildcat
03-28-2006, 11:05 PM
I knew team "Double D" was going to get kicked off tonight. It seemed like they weren't even trying.

OC47150
03-29-2006, 08:15 AM
You're right, UK. Double D didn't have their A game on.

Monica, it's Pa-ler-mo, not Pal-er-mo. And yes, you lived up to the dumb blonde image last night.

Adding two extra pieces to the statue was clever.

UKWildcat
03-29-2006, 08:24 AM
Adding two extra pieces to the statue was clever.

Yes it was, and that about killed the nerds. Go figure.

pegger
03-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes it was, and that about killed the nerds. Go figure.
I was thinking - for nerds - you thinking very much inside the box....

I'm not sad the Double Ds are gone- they were annoying.

At what's up with the old people being so crabby? You're at the mat....you're safe - why not tell them where the damn temple is? Instead, burn up any help they may give you...

UKWildcat
03-30-2006, 01:14 AM
At what's up with the old people being so crabby? You're at the mat....you're safe - why not tell them where the damn temple is? Instead, burn up any help they may give you...

I was thinking the same thing. I remember them not telling Lake and Michelle something and I was like 'what the hell'? But then I remembered that Lake said he would help the old people with the detour where they had to assemble the motorcycle, and he really didn't. But yea, they got real crabby all of a sudden it seems.

UKWildcat
05-18-2006, 10:05 PM
Great Finale. Awesome - I loved season. Yeah hippies!

Although theat whole flag thing made me so mad when the Hippis didn't get the russian flag right away. Even the Frat Boys got that one right....

I was very pleased with how the finale went. I saw some pictures somewhere on the internet of the Hippies and the Frat boys partying it up. Evidentally they became really good friends during the show and hang out. I'd post a link if I could find it.

I fully agree with ya pegger when you say that this season made up for last because it sure did! Most of the teams were likable which was surprising. I mean, MoJo was fine at the beginning, then they got annoying. But other than that, the teams were good. Even Lake and Michelle. lol Very pleased how this season went, and the finale.

OC47150
05-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Woo hoo!!! The forums are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I was glad the hippies won, too. I would've been satisifed to see Ray and Yolanda win.

Here's my imitation of Monica: Joooooooooooooseph!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, c'mon, you're carrying 10 clay pots and you lose all but two. You're halfway to the dropoff point. Any reasonable person would turn around and get the replacements, but not Monica.

Banthaholic
05-19-2006, 10:09 AM
I was so happy for the Hippies. They new every frickin language. They really impressed me with their easy going spirit yet determination. They cracked me up. Rarely does a team I want to win from the beginning actually win.

OC47150
05-19-2006, 10:41 AM
This was one AR final where I didn't want to throw the remote control at the TV.

UKWildcat
05-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Now, c'mon, you're carrying 10 clay pots and you lose all but two. You're halfway to the dropoff point. Any reasonable person would turn around and get the replacements, but not Monica.

Yeah, that Monica turned out to be rather pathetic.

Good to see ya again OC! :thumbsup:

OC47150
05-19-2006, 10:51 AM
Good to see you, too, Wildcat!!

I can't believe how much I missed these forums!!!!

pegger
05-19-2006, 11:23 AM
OC - our AR forum wasn't the same without you.

This was one of the best seasons yet.

UKWildcat
05-19-2006, 11:30 AM
OC - our AR forum wasn't the same without you.

No kidding. I tried and tried to figure out a way to get OC to the new site, but I didn't have any contact information whatsoever and neither did anyone else. I even went to "The Head Cheese" but his access was restricted to this place at the time. It's pretty awesome the way everything has worked out though and I'm glad to see OC back here posting again. It definitely wasn't the same without you OC.

OC47150
05-19-2006, 11:53 AM
I've been trying to get to the new site for the longest time but nothing pops up.

Thanks. It's nice to know I'm missed. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
05-19-2006, 12:01 PM
JT actually set us up with a forum and 'temporary' home at www.swcollecting.com (http://www.swcollecting.com/forums/index.php) while Sirsteve was trying to get his site up and running and eventually re-aquiring the rights back to SSG. This was the place that I was trying to get you to, SWC. Don't worry about stevesguide (now that Steve has this place back) nothing will become of it. Feel free to poke around at SWC though. The forum is going to be shut down on Sat., since JT has this place again but you can still read through the threads if ya like.

OC47150
05-19-2006, 12:05 PM
Great1

I'll PM my email address to you guys.

Yeah, I missed commented on AR and Survivor these last few weeks. Good shows all around this time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
05-19-2006, 12:47 PM
I was very happy to see the hippies win, it was the only time that the team who I wanted to win from the start actually got it.

pegger
05-19-2006, 12:56 PM
CBS.com has the day after interview. Those guys are too funny.

BJ wore a purple robe - cause h'es gotta dress like a millionaire now.

Tyler said they knew they were gonna win, cause the TiVo'ed the show before they ran it, and saw that they won...

funny stuff.

Oh - and Ray proposed to Yolanda....

mastermatt24
05-20-2006, 06:30 PM
I finally was able to watch it last night- great finally, I was so gald the hippies won. Only thing I did like was the challenges and locations. I think that from Japan they shouldve gone to Hawaii or someplace that didnt look all the same covered in snow. I thought the drilling the ice was kinda boring as was the hike with the snow shoes. Oh well- I shouldnt complain.

Was there any word of another season?

Now I gotta go watch survivor. :)

pegger
05-20-2006, 06:56 PM
Was there any word of another season?

Supposedly they were filming in Canada a couple of months ago...I don't remember where tho. So there is atleast 1 more season.

Mandalorian Candidat
05-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Another great season. I was really pleased with them going back to the 2-person teams after the family edition (which was just lame IMO). Of course I couldn't watch the finale until three days later and my son let it slip who won, that little dweeb. It would have made the flag-matchup ending that much more suspenseful.

It was cool seeing the hippies win cause they really were good guys pretty much the whole time.

I'm up for an all-star version of AR next...without Romber.