PDA

View Full Version : How many ROTS basic figures did you *not* get?

JediTricks
02-23-2006, 11:20 PM
I was talking with a friend yesterday about how I stopped being a completist during the Saga line, and he asked me how many since that time I didn't end up getting. I went through the Saga listing and found that I bought way more than I thought, of the new basic figures (not rereleases of previous figures) in the Saga line, here's the breakdown of figures to figures I never got:

52 new figs in '02 line - 13 I didn't buy
34 new figs in '03 line - 6 I didn't buy
21 new figs in '04 line - 4 I didn't buy

so in Saga total, that's 107 new figures and just 23 I didn't get, around 21%.

Now, in the entire ROTS line including NUMBERED repaints but not non-numbered repaints (so Bly counts but green Clone Commander doesn't), here's how my breakdown of get vs not-get looks:

68 figs in ROTS '05 line - 31 I didn't buy

I was SHOCKED at how many basic figures I didn't get, I passed on nearly half, over 45%! And that includes clearance figures and "I'll get this for trade value" figures and 2 figures near the end which I simply never got the chance to buy (white Grievous Bodyguard and R4-P17).

So for all you non-completists out there, how many of these figures did you pass up?

El Chuxter
02-23-2006, 11:29 PM
I got them all, including the red Shocktrooper, black Clone Pilot, and green Clone Commander.

I got some regrets, too.

DarthAngel
02-23-2006, 11:51 PM
I got them all, including the red Shocktrooper, black Clone Pilot, and green Clone Commander.

Lucky. I haven't gotten, let alone seen any new figures in my area since the Destroyer Droid was released on the ROTS card.

So lets see there were 68, and I only have the first 44, so you do the math.

Man living on Long Island is starting to get annoying. I should really move to the west coast.

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 12:08 AM
I got some regrets, too. Oh yeah, I got plenty of those. :D I almost included my "regretted getting: " number with that, but it was gonna be too much work to include at the time.

Regrets:
- - -
11 Saga '02 regrets out of my 39 buys - 28% regretted
12 Saga '03 regrets out of my 28 buys - 43% regretted
2 Saga '04 regrets out of my 17 buys - 12% regretted
11 ROTS '05 regrets out of my 37 buys - 30% regretted
- - -
So clearly, Saga '03 was a most regretful year for my figure buying. That collecting year started bad and ended bad and was bad throughout the middle, I still remember how stupid I felt not finding anything for months and months and then finding just 1 figure - Acklay Obi-Wan - and actually buying that turkey, a LOT of that year was that way.

ROTS was no picnic either, but I hope no collecting year will ever be as bad as '03.

UKWildcat
02-24-2006, 12:23 AM
I was able to get all of the ROTS basic figs and most of the variants.

Variants I found:

#2 Anakin w/ hand attached to saber, red dooku, pink dooku
#6 Regular and Red "Shock Trooper"
#13 Dooku w/ red and pink saber
#23 Royal guards red/blue
#28 Anakin black circle eyes and "Sith" eyes
#33 Clone Commander red and green
#34 Clone Pilot white and black
#35 Palpatine Blue and Red
#43 Wookie Warrior Tan and Brown
#65 Tactical Ops w/ extra damage

Variants I Missed:

#47 Meena tills white/cream face variant (any help getting this one would be greatly appreciated!!!)
#54 AT-RT full tan face
#57 Commander Bly (yellow armpit?!?!)
#59 Commander Gree (repaint visor?!?!)

There are probably more variants that I missed but I can't think of them now.

Blackened88
02-24-2006, 12:23 AM
68 figs in ROTS '05 line - 47 I didn't buy :D

0 ROTS '05 regrets out of my 21 buys :pleased:

would of had 22 buys but never got Grievous's white guard

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 01:44 AM
I passed on the 1st two waves of the ROTS from MNM. I pretty much bought everything else including multiples of all the variants.

figrin bran
02-24-2006, 01:50 AM
from ROTS i didn't buy

#2 Anakin
Crispy anakin
battle droid
super battle droid
mas amedda
destroyer droid
#14 palpatine
#35 palpatine
vader's medical droid

for a total of 9 and a completion percentage of 86.76. and out of the purchases i have 11 regrets for a regret percentage of 18.6

Battle Droid
02-24-2006, 03:40 AM
Most of these I just didn't buy.

#1 Obi-Wan Kenobi
#2 Anakin Skywalker
#3 Yoda
#5 Chewbacca
#7 R2-D2
#10 Mace Windu
#11 Darth Vader
#12 Emperor Palpatine
#18 C-3PO
#23 Royal Guard (Red)
#24 Mon Mothma
#26 Yoda
#27 Obi-Wan Kenobi
#28 Anakin Skywalker
#48 R2-D2
#58 Wookiee Commando
#60 Grievous' Bodyguard
#62 Cat Miin
#65 Tactical Ops Trooper
#66 Plo Koon
#67 Aayla Secura
#68 Wookiee Heavy Gunner

Ones in bold I never could find.

Slicker
02-24-2006, 04:34 AM

I got some regrets, too.Same here. I bought all 68 plus the little repaints and I managed to find the red guard.

I was able to get all of the ROTS basic figs and most of the variants.

Variants I found:

#2 Anakin w/ hand attached to saber, red dooku, pink dooku
#6 Regular and Red "Shock Trooper"
#13 Dooku w/ red and pink saber
#23 Royal guards red/blue
#28 Anakin black circle eyes and "Sith" eyes
#33 Clone Commander red and green
#34 Clone Pilot white and black
#35 Palpatine Blue and Red
#43 Wookie Warrior Tan and Brown
#65 Tactical Ops w/ extra damage

Variants I Missed:

#47 Meena tills white/cream face variant (any help getting this one would be greatly appreciated!!!)
#54 AT-RT full tan face
#57 Commander Bly (yellow armpit?!?!)
#59 Commander Gree (repaint visor?!?!)

There are probably more variants that I missed but I can't think of them now.I've got the yellow armpits Bly. If you can find me a normal one I'll trade you straight up as I don't really collect variants.:)

plasticfetish
02-24-2006, 05:34 AM
Hah! Just go through the Database and look for the spots where I didn't stick any photos.

#15 Bail Organa - never saw one with good paint.
#62 Cat Miin - almost grabbed it, but passed.
#5 Chewbacca - no interest.
#60 Grievous' Bodyguard - almost grabbed it, but passed. If I'd seen it more than once, I might have bought it.
#10 Mace Windu - lame.
#24 Mon Mothma - not much interest, but they'll be $1 soon, so...
#19 Padme Amidala - not sure why I passed this one up.
#61 Passel Argente - almost grabbed it, but passed.
#4 Super Battle Droid - not sure why I bought any of these the first time around.
#65 Tactical Ops Trooper - Hey! I would have liked to buy at least one of these, but I never saw any of them.
#26 Yoda - lame
#3 Yoda - lamer
#52 Zett Zukassa - almost grabbed it, but passed.

I'm kind of surprised that I grabbed as many of these as I did, but in retrospect, I thought it was a good line... and fun to collect. :)

Kidhuman
02-24-2006, 08:37 AM
I ended up passing on alot of them from the beginning of the line. I bought alot of clones and the variants of them. I had the last wave, but WM lost the lay-a-way on me and I am missing the holo jedi from them.

vader68
02-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I only bought the clones. And maybe 3 or 4 other figures from the ROTS line. Of course that does not include the clone exclusives which I never saw anywhere. I just decided I didn't need different versions of the same figures I already have.

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 05:42 PM
I passed on the 1st two waves of the ROTS from MNM. I pretty much bought everything else including multiples of all the variants.The first 2 waves (the first wave of col 1 and 2) was like 23 figures, is that how many you meant?

Figgy B, you have the same number of ROTS regrets that I do yet almost none of the same 'no-get' figures. How weird!

Here's my list of ROTS no-gets:

Yoda cannon
Super Battle Droid
Chewie
Mace
Chancellor Palpatine (#14)
Plo Koon
Battle Droid
Padme
Kit Fisto
Mon Mothma
Yoda spinning
Ki-Adi-Mundi
Saesee Tiin
Luminara
Aayla
Polis Massan
Tarkin
Crispy Anakin
Capt Antilles
Zett Jukasa
black Wookiee Warrior
Gree
white Grievous Bodyguard
Passel
Cat Miin
Neimoidian Commander
R4-P17
Tactical Trooper
Holo Plo Koon
Holo Aayla
skirt Wookiee Warrior

Shadow Knight
02-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Got them all and them some...huge clone army...wookie army...The only variant I do not have is the Gree Helmet repaint?, and the Mills cream face? Did not even know of those until reading this thread. Did not get a Boga but will, as well as Wookie Flyer and Can Cell...why I do not know, just to waste $$ I suppose.

UKWildcat
02-24-2006, 09:49 PM
The only variant I do not have is the Gree Helmet repaint?
Gree Visor Variant (http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=/ROTS/rots0559gree2comp2.jpg&text=Commander%20Gree%20%28bright%20green%20visor% 29%20%7C%20Commander%20Gree%20%28dark%20green%20vi sor%29)

and the Mills cream face?

Yea, this is the holy grail of the ROTS collection. Much more valuable than the Lava Vader. Here are some links that show how much crazies have paid for these on eBay.

AFA Graded WOW! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6002816212&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

Here is one that just ended tonight. It has a picture so you can see how white the face is.

Just ended - with pic (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6038071741&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1)

[EDIT: One link went bad so I got rid of it]

DarkArtist
02-25-2006, 01:41 PM
The only two I didn't get were the Red Shock Trooper as i couldn't find him. and the destroyer droid, as i already have the episode 1 versions, the droid three back ones, the droid launcher one, and the saga series one. I have about 6 destroyers or I think that enough.

El Chuxter
02-25-2006, 05:05 PM
Wait a tick. I believe I did pass on the droideka after all, since Hasbro's not done a decent sculpt of that particular bad boy in over five years.

Bobby Fett
02-25-2006, 11:43 PM
I've got 20 of the 107 Saga figures and 31 of the 68 ROTS figures.

Isn't being a non-completist great? :D

On the other hand, being a variations collector can be a bite! :tired:

Rogue II
02-26-2006, 11:58 AM
It is easier for me to just list the figures I did buy.

C-3PO
Tarkin
Red Royal Guard
R4-P17
R4-G9 (Preview)

and I my wife bought me the Blue Royal Guard, but I'm not sure if she returned it or if it ended up in my up-opened figure box.

jjreason
02-26-2006, 08:28 PM
I have them all (1-68) except for Holo Aayla - which I have every intention of buying at some point.

I love the "Regret Percentages" concept, JT, that had me laughing pretty good. On that tip, NONE of the ROTS figures I bought have had me regretting the purchase nearly so much as the first wave of Saga2 figures did. Bluck.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 08:46 PM
I love the "Regret Percentages" concept, JT, that had me laughing pretty good. On that tip, NONE of the ROTS figures I bought have had me regretting the purchase nearly so much as the first wave of Saga2 figures did. Bluck.Somehow, it just felt "right" to include my regrets percentage, I'd look at my "get" list and say "oh, I cannot believe I bought that!" over and over. :p

Sorry to hear TSC ain't doing it for you. So far, I haven't regretted buying anything there except maybe Veers and Bib, but I haven't bought it all either.

Here's my ROTS regret list:

R2-D2 #7

Emp Palpatine #12
Bail Organa
Agen Kolar
Shaak Ti
Tarfful
Obi-Wan Jedi Kick #27
Palpatine #35
Chopper Droid
Destroyer Droid
Utapaun Warrior
Mustafar Sentry You'll notice that's 1 more than my original count, I had forgotten to include R2 the first time around because I got him so much earlier than the others that he slipped my mind. Obi-Wan #1 and Anakin #2 almost made the list, but I like how I can pose them and their gimmick is fun, if a little silly so they survive by the skin of their plastic teeth.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Out of 68 figures, I left a whoppin' 60 on the shelves.

I got...

darth vader
c3p0
aayla secura
aayla secura holo
shaak ti
luminara unduli
clone commander
SA clone trooper

t'was a money saving year for me and I had no problems taking a break and being stress free on the figure side of life :p

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 06:52 PM
Daaang! Now that's some self-control! Or did the movie just not do it for you?

mikey1974
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM
i missed :

Anakin with sith eyes
#2 Anakin with red saber
Zett Jukasa

....and really,that's it...got every other basic figure,including variants and repaints....

Deoxyribonucleic
02-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Daaang! Now that's some self-control! Or did the movie just not do it for you?

Actually, I really enjoyed this last movie and liked alot of the characters but I needed to save money and now I just mostly collect OT stuff...I have to pick something otherwise I'll be totally out of control ;) I must say though the ROTS figures were some of the best looking figures to date with articulation, likeness, good paint jobs, etc. The Rots C3p0 is probably one of the best figures I've laid my eyes on. Funny how he was 5.99 and the VOTC threepio was ten bucks :rolleyes: Go figure (no pun intended). :p

LTBasker
02-28-2006, 09:52 PM
These are the only ones I didn't get, because I couldn't find them.
#60 Grievous' Bodyguard
#62 Cat Miin (Shu Mai's Aide)
#65: Tactical Ops Trooper (501st)
#66: Plo Koon (Hologram)
#67: Aayla Secura (Hologram)

Variants/Repaints I never got:
#28 Anakin (Sith Eyes) - This is the only one I didn't get despite finding it more than once, it was just too ridiculous.
#35 Palpatine (Blue Saber)
#43 Wookiee Warrior (Tan stripes)
#47 Meena Tills (Creamy face)
#57 Commander Bly (added brown/orange on his stripes)
#59 Commander Gree (Different visor paint)
#68 R4-P17 (That has #68 printed instead of #64)

I would write a regret list but I think it'd be too long. :p

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2006, 10:52 AM
I got alot of the figures, but being a non-completist I also left some on the shelves as well. I passed on these:

Battle Droid
Plo Koon
Palpatine (the first one, #12)
Tarrful
Utapaun Warrior
Captain Antilles (aka the John Travolta figure)
Tarkin
Wookie Warrior
Holo Jedi figs (could never find...wanted one)
501st trooper (I want that one too)
R2-D2 (the 2nd one that lights up)
Meena Tillis
Cat Miin

If I had to list what I regretted buying, it would be a close tie between the Force Battler Grevious and the lava reflection Obi Wan.

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 08:37 PM
I would write a regret list but I think it'd be too long. :pAw c'mon Basker, it'll be cathartic. :D

If I had to list what I regretted buying, it would be a close tie between the Force Battler Grevious and the lava reflection Obi Wan.Oh, don't get me started on that Force Battler Grievous, what's really sad is that the FB Vader is pretty decent, hard to believe that Grievous is meant to be in the same line.

tagmac
03-01-2006, 09:50 PM
For the longest time I was a completist, but this time around, I grew sick of some of the rehashes, and left over 20 on the shelves. Here's the figures I didn't get:

Anakin #2 with correct Dooku Saber
Super Battle Droid #4
General Greivous #9 - bought the superior deluxe version instead
Plo Koon #16
Battle Droid #17
Yoda #26
Droideka #44
R2-D2 #48
Wookiee Heavy Gunner
R4-P17
White Greivous' Bodyguard
Holo Plo Koon
Holo Aayla Secura
Cat Miin
Passell Argente
Wookiee Warrior (black)
Neimodian Commander
Lava Anakin Target Exclusive
Lava Obi-Wan Target Exclusive
Holo Palpatine TRU Exclusive

Regrets
Anakin #2 w/ incorrect saber - had I known on 4/2 that this figure was inaccurate, I'd have waited. By the time they corrected it, I didn't want to spend the money for another one.
R2-D2 # 7 - another junky figure that looked better on 4/2 than it did after I'd opened it.
Obi-Wan #27 - that kicking-action was ridiculous. too bad I didn't know that before i'd opened it.
General Greivous #36 - Figure constantly falls apart, and now we'll be getting an accurate version as a Target exclusive anyway.
Utapau Shadow Trooper Target Exclusive - realized how bad this figure was after I'd lost the receipt

JetsAndHeels
03-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh, don't get me started on that Force Battler Grievous, what's really sad is that the FB Vader is pretty decent, hard to believe that Grievous is meant to be in the same line.

Sorry I had to bring up any painful memories. :pleased:

However I must say that is the worst ROTS purchase I made last year. I sort of got on a General Grievous kick and started buying just about every toy of him, including that awful Force Battler. Let's just say I packed it away...far, far away.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 07:00 PM
I'll agree to that, it was the worst ROTS purchase I made as well, stupid thing has almost NO articulation and crappy paint and a stupid gimmick, and did I mention "no articulation" 'cause it bears repeating!!!

That's a pretty solid no-get and regret list you got there Tagmac. Surprisingly, xplodin' Grievous didn't make my regret list, the gimmick is dopey but my figure holds together ok so I like it.

mikey1974
03-13-2006, 03:42 PM
also bad was the 12" grevious...couldn't stand under his own weight,and couldn't hold any of his sabers,and the arms kept falling apart....

bobafrett
03-13-2006, 04:33 PM
I just looked at this thread, I had seen it in here, but never read it becausae it says Which ROTS figures did you *not* get, and I pretty much have them all with the exception of some of the Target exclusives, but I don't know that they count toward the 68 released.

JediTricks
03-13-2006, 10:01 PM
I didn't put them in my list, but they're produced by the basic arm of the line (rather than the deluxe) so you can count them if you wish.

I didn't get the Holo Emperor, the Early Bird 4pack, the Lava Vader, the Covert Ops trooper, nor the Utapau Shadow Trooper. I did get the free Holo Yoda, I bought the Target Clone Trooper, and I picked up the Obi-Wan and Anakin lava figures on final clearance price of $3.24 each.

Bobby Fett
03-13-2006, 11:03 PM
... and I picked up the Obi-Wan and Anakin lava figures on final clearance price of $3.24 each.

Bragging or complaining? :D :D

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2006, 11:29 PM
I bought the lava reflection Obi Wan, and I really regret that. It was more of an impulse buy at the time but still I shouldn't have dropped the money on that thing. Just a bad, bad decision.

JediTricks
03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Bragging or complaining? :D :DA little of column A, a little of column B. :p

dindae
03-16-2006, 10:41 AM
Well normally I would have imput here since I pick up everything but this year I finally had to pass on some things. Namely the Holiday Vader and Seperatist vs Jedi Battle Pack. I also missed out on the Covert Ops trooper and #60 Greivous BG but I will get them eventually. I may even pick up the other two if they go dirt cheap as I suspect but I'm in no hurry.

K M Toydarian
03-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Just happened upon this thread.
I never got Cat Miin. I passed her up the one time I saw her figuring I could get her later in abundance, but that wave was scarce. Never found a Shocktrooper, Sith Eyes Anakin, or Black deco clone pilot. I will, if I find it pick up a pilot from the "Greatest hits" collection if it does have the black deco. Also never saw the Target exclusive clone or the Twins, except a beat up Obi Wan w/ Luke.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I found all the 68 basic figures except for #60-#62 - 2nd Grievous Bodyguard, Passel Argente and Cat Miin. I did not find any of the clone exclusives, but I did get Lava Vader, Obi and Vader Duel at Mustafar, and holo Yoda. I passed on the Emperor holo. I got red and green Clone Commander, regular and black Clone Pilot and plain and red Clone #6, and light and dark Wookiee Warrior #43. I got duplicates of each army builder type, including those. I also got a 2nd Anakin #2 to get the correct one with Dooku saber.

I don't really have any regrets. There were some figures I was not too happy with, but most of the figures were new characters from a new movie, or old characters with a different appearance.

K M Toydarian
03-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Forgot about the 2nd Grevious bodyguard. That is another one I absolutly NEVER saw in person and therefore missed out on.

DarthQuack
08-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I actually was doing inventory tonight and I'm missing 17 figures, got 1-34 with some variants, but missed most of the final 8, but got the 501st so I was happy, now I just need to fill my gaps.

Mad Slanted Powers
08-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I finally ordered #60 - #62 that I was missing from Brian's Toys. I also found the Target clone at Vintage Stock while on business in Springfield, MO. It was a few dollars cheaper than what I would have paid through Brian's Toys.

Blue2th
08-08-2006, 12:30 AM
Hunted down every one, including all variations and running production errors (I think?) There were quite a few. Is there an existing list of variations and errors for ROTS?......... How many did I not get? That's what I want to find out.

JON9000
08-08-2006, 06:31 AM
I didn't buy a single ROTS figure. I really couldn't get into the packaging. A pilot, a couple of SA clones, and R2 were packed in with my Sam's Club ARC-170, which was the only ROTS item I bought.

Incidentally, the only item I regret not picking up was the Darth Vader on the Operating Table, whatever it was called. That was slick toy.

JediTricks
08-08-2006, 03:12 PM
The only figure I've picked up from my "not got" list was the black clone pilot from the TSC Heroes & Villains line.

Jargo
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
I stopped buying after the last saga deluxe wave. the one with the ewok glider. in fact it was the Jabba and his denizens deluxe packs I bought. haven't bought a single item since. I plan on playing catch up with some figures but not many. just Jabba's palace and cantina stuff. odd tatooine stuff like gragra and pod racers, droids. nothing else though. Just can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to find anything else. The palace and cantina are the two scenes that got me into collecting to begin with so that's where my focus is. And that's only because of the look and atmosphere of those scenes not because of any particular character action that took place there. Frankly I'm more than happy to pass on everything other than Tatooine stuff.