PDA

View Full Version : Another exclusives ~ Anakin Mini Bust

Samuel Windu
02-24-2006, 04:49 AM
According to the news from:

Yodasnews.com

Gentle Giant Exclusive Anakin Mini Bust

Our Bothan Spy reports in that at the end of this month, there will be an Entertainment Earth Gentle Giant Exclusive coming out for pre-order, on or around 2/28/06. It's going to be a Revenge Of The Sith Vader bust with Anakin's crispy head. It will be limited to 5,000 pieces, and will be selling for $49.99 only on Entertainment Earth's site. As usual, our spy reports could change, but so far they are 5-for-5!

Another exclusives but I will pass on this:o

2-1B
02-24-2006, 09:38 AM
Sounds interesting, I'd like to see a pic hopefully soon. I'm curious.

jal
02-24-2006, 10:17 AM
That is probably correct.Entertainment Earth had something posted the other day about their new exclusive that would be available for preorder on the 28th. They didn't say what it would be. So i guess now we now. It would be cooler if it was Anakin with his cloak up and with the sith eyes. Who would wanna look at a bust of a fried head? LOL I will pick one up no matter what. Its Star Wars after all!

2-1B
02-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I think a Crispakin bust is a good idea for an exclusive (not that I think exclusives are a good idea in the first place...but if they're going to do them anyway...) because it won't have as general an appeal as the hooded Anners that you mentioned, Jal. :)

but I do agree that a hooded Sithakin would be great. I'm sure they'll get to him eventually since they already did the bustup. :)

jal
02-24-2006, 01:14 PM
On the bright side,at least its not an exclusive to Gentle Giant's own site. The last few they have had have been a pain in the butt to try and order. The Salacious Crumb wasn't bad but i went and ordered right when i got the email for it so i don't think it was quite as crowded on their server. And it's not another con exclusive which i don't get to go to anyways. I don't mind exclusives to any one place as long as there is enough product to go around. Its when they make them so limited and then make them a store exclusive as well that makes them a pain. I wonder who will get the hologram Qui-Gon Jinn bust? It's bound to be an exclusive somewhere as well. I am pretty happy with the new busts coming from Gentle Giant this year. There is a nice selection.

Jayspawn
02-24-2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds interesting. I'd prefer an 'human' look Anakin/Vader with sith eyes. But we'll see.

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Seems to me that it will look kind of funny with the saber right in front of his face. I know the saber is removable, but then his arms and hands will look stupid. Why would he even have his saber in that condition? Bad bust to do this with.

BlueSnags
02-24-2006, 09:01 PM
Pics posted below. Looks pretty cool.

jal
02-24-2006, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the pics!! I hadn't really thought of using that pose again but it works. I had envisioned a more burnt version with only the robotic arm. Since he got his legs chopped in the battle that would pretty much be the whole body. LOL Plus 5000 is a pretty good number. Con exclusives generally run 2500 - 3000. I hope that more will come out this way so we can get more busts. I like 'em!!

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Doesn't look too bad.

Samuel Windu
02-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the pics!! I hadn't really thought of using that pose again but it works. I had envisioned a more burnt version with only the robotic arm. Since he got his legs chopped in the battle that would pretty much be the whole body. LOL Plus 5000 is a pretty good number. Con exclusives generally run 2500 - 3000. I hope that more will come out this way so we can get more busts. I like 'em!!

You can get one for sure because I'll pass on this:D

Jayspawn
02-25-2006, 10:20 AM
Looks pretty cool. I'll get one.

bobafrett
02-25-2006, 10:24 AM
I might get it, but it looks similar to the Vader bust they put out in 2005, except with the cruspy noggin instead of the helmet. The could have at least put the arms in a different pose. I do love my GG busts though!!!!

Sith Lord 0498
02-25-2006, 10:29 AM
I might get it, but it looks similar to the Vader bust they put out in 2005, except with the cruspy noggin instead of the helmet. The could have at least put the arms in a different pose. I do love my GG busts though!!!!

Forget similiar. It IS the same bust from 2005--just a different head. That probably explains the high exclusive number (5000)...the regular version was an edition of 20,000. It's all relative I suppose.

BlueSnags
02-27-2006, 09:24 AM
At 5000 pieces, how fast do you guys think this will sell out? I'll go with a few days, maybe a week. Salacious Crumb sold out in around a week at 2500, and that was with a limit of 1 per day for Collectors Club members only (although I don't know if GG strictly adhered to that policy or not).

-Snags

mm74md
02-28-2006, 03:14 PM
I pre-ordered one. Looks sick, but appealing! I don't like the pose, but I have a feeling this will end up like the Jango Fett that stuck around comic shops forever in DC now goes for $200

jedi master sal
02-28-2006, 04:01 PM
I pre-ordered one. Looks sick, but appealing! I don't like the pose, but I have a feeling this will end up like the Jango Fett that stuck around comic shops forever in DC now goes for $200

See that's what I'm sayin'...

If you collect the GG busts, you're going to kick yourself for not getting this one. So it's the same as the recent Vader, just a head swap.

Same can be said for the clones. They are just different paint apps. But we all go crazy for certain clones.

This will be the fourth Vader bust I have. Hmm, along with the bust-ups, I might just do a bust/bust-up focus shelf of Vader.

Jayspawn
02-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Yeah I called the EE hotline and got one on order this afternoon. Its one of those things I'll regret later if I dont order now.

Samuel Windu
03-01-2006, 05:27 AM
No more excuse.You want it,you buy it:bandit:

jedi master sal
03-01-2006, 08:29 AM
Yeah I called the EE hotline and got one on order this afternoon. Its one of those things I'll regret later if I dont order now.

Exactly. And if once you get it, see it and don't like it, I'm pretty certain there will be a market for it, that you could just sell it.

bobafrett
03-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I have to wait and see how much of my bonus I have left at the end of the month. And even if I do have enough, I will hope to see if they still have these in stock at that time.

Hellboy
03-12-2006, 07:43 PM
I decided to pass on this mini-bust. I understand these pieces aren't always movie accurate and they're somewhat based on an artist's interpretation but I just don't think it looks right having Vader weilding his saber without his life support system intact. If GG would have used the old Vader mold I would have picked this up in a heartbeat.

Jaster
03-12-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm getting this for sure.

I once skipped on a bust that I figured I could just acquire later down the road and years later I would spend 400$ on ebay to get. Trust me, don't go down this road.