PDA

View Full Version : Luke ANH Force FX

slothfurnace
02-24-2006, 09:23 AM
Will this ever be made? I would think since they took a while to release the scaled and le version of this saber, that logically the FX version might soon follow.

I was just wondering if anyone might have a heads up on that particular saber. That would be one I would want over the Ep3 Anakin that looks like a sort of cheap ripoff version of that saber to me.

Maxu3x
02-24-2006, 10:07 AM
Anakins ep 3 version is not a rip off of lukes ANH. It is Lukes saber just in pristine condition.

slothfurnace
02-24-2006, 10:41 AM
yeah, I know that.

But when I look at both of them side by side,, I so prefer the New Hope version that the ROTS version just looks... well, cheap by comparison, in craftsmanship, design, detail, etc.

Maxu3x
02-24-2006, 11:08 AM
Am I the only onw who thinks that anaklin rots physically looks better than luke anh? Does the anakin rots have any movable parts? I know the luke one has the D ring and the push button.

BountyHunterScum
02-24-2006, 01:42 PM
They already made it sortof, Luke's ESB FX lightsaber.

slothfurnace
02-24-2006, 02:41 PM
yeah, I saw that, but it's getting hard to find. I was hoping for a new more attainable offering from MR.

I am getting close to offering to trade my gold anakin ROTS mini and some cash for one.

BEW
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
yeah get rid of that mini and get a real one!

Jayspawn
02-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Anakin's ROTS lightsaber is beautiful!

Theres no point in MR doing an ANH Luke FX. Maybe way down the road but not anytime soon. It looks too close to the ESB FX.

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 05:01 PM
I dislike Anakin's ROTS saber, it's got no character, it's just pretending to be the ANH saber, the ANH saber has that bubble activation box and no weird crosshatched grip ring and a D-ring (which I prefer over the covertec 'cause the ring is elegantly simple, minimalistic and self-contained).

I doubt they'll be doing a Luke ANH saber by the end of this year, we have Maul's hitting the streets this Spring and then Obi-Wan's ROTS later in the year. My guess is they're gonna wait for one more advance in the tech before coming out with it, that way further splitting the time between it and the ESB version - something they didn't do on the Vader ANH and ESB (though Vaders' are a little more distinctive from each other).

Maxu3x
02-24-2006, 05:35 PM
Is the crosshatched grip ring golden? Can that be pushed in? I never understood why anakin ROTS doesn't have a D-ring. What is a covertec?

Jayspawn
02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
A covertec is that little black disc on the bottom ends of lightsabers. It clicks onto the recieving end which is on the Jedi belts.

BountyHunterScum
02-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Luke's ESB saber had more detail to it, that clamp thingy was functional to a point it didnt really do anything but you can squeeze it together.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Luke's ESB saber had more detail to it, that clamp thingy was functional to a point it didnt really do anything but you can squeeze it together.
The clamp is actually for the flash bulbs it used to use before it was converted into a prop, so I can't imagine them rendering the squeeze feature inoperable over that.

Is the crosshatched grip ring golden? Can that be pushed in? I never understood why anakin ROTS doesn't have a D-ring. What is a covertec?Doesn't look golden to me, but I'm not exactly sure I was right when I described it as "cross-hatched", it's raised sharp bumps but they look straight-row style, dunno what that's called, you can see it on the ring for the activation box here: http://masterreplicas.com/customer/starwars/starwars_product_detail.php?pid=8398
BTW, the golden activation plate is laser-cut in the prop, they did that for all the Ep 3 sabers for some reason, I think it looks lousy.

To expand upon what Jayspawn said about the covertec, Covertec is a British company that makes Cellphone and PDA holsters, one of their PDA holsters had a disk on the back which clicked into a corresponding belt connector so it could swivel but not swing as easily, someone on the prop design team saw this and incorporated it into the prequel saber design in TPM. Here it is on their site: http://www.covertecstore.com/search/fiche.asp?menu=pda&ref_produit=WIPS

BountyHunterScum
03-28-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm not even sure what the hell a Graflex flashgun thing does anyway. Old Style Camera flash gun?

Jayspawn
03-28-2006, 09:18 AM
Whats what it is James. Pretty ingenious of the original prop makers in the 70's to think that up too. Most of Ben Kenobi's lightsbaer is made from parts of a grenade launcher.

JediTricks
03-28-2006, 05:37 PM
I'm not even sure what the hell a Graflex flashgun thing does anyway. Old Style Camera flash gun?Yes, it held a reflector on the back, and a bulb where the emitter on the lightsaber is, it tied into the camera via a cable.

Most of Ben Kenobi's lightsbaer is made from parts of a grenade launcher.Close, it's made from a grenade: http://www.partsofsw.com/bensab.htm