PDA

View Full Version : The NEW Essential Guide to Alien Species

El Chuxter
02-24-2006, 03:31 PM
Coming in October! (http://starwars.com/eu/lit/ref/news20060223.html)

The preliminary artwork looks quite nice. I wonder if they'll stick with the "reports of Senior Anthropologist Hoole" theme the original had, or go with something new.

Any idea what that first creature in the B&W sketches is? I know the other three are Ithorian, Gundark, and Gand. I thought a Yuuzhan Vong warrior at first, but the gear is definitely not alive. I'm leaning toward a Kaleesh (same species as Grievous, prior to his shuttle crash), but I'm not 100% sure.

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Yeah, you've got to be right about the Kaleesh because of the bone helmet armor, plus the eyes are the same shape.

I bet the reason this says "Please note that this cover shown here is for solicitation only, and does not represent final cover artwork." is because Yoda is on the front and they aren't gonna go anywhere with that.

Slicker
02-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I bet the reason this says "Please note that this cover shown here is for solicitation only, and does not represent final cover artwork." is because Yoda is on the front and they aren't gonna go anywhere with that.Yeah, they'd better not do anything with Yoda. He's one of the few things that still a mystery about the Saga.

El Chuxter
02-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Oh, duh. Of course they're not going to reveal that Yoda is a mutant ninja frog.

I hope they show a picture of Gredbleips and say that he's a Whill.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Apparently my brain is playin' tricks on me, 'cause I thought there was already a NEW alien species guide. I know there's been a NEW Chronology, Characters, and Weapons & Tech (maybe). Unless I'm getting that confused with that green skin scales cover alien book. :confused:

At first I thought the first alien was one of the ones from Endor in the live action movies, but I now think the Grievous species guess is right.

Wonder if any Mandalorians will make it in, or Naboo ducks. :p

And wasn't the Hoole report from the Illustrated SW Universe book?

El Chuxter
02-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Hoole gets around. He did the report on Tatooine in the Illustrated SW Universe, contributed much of the info in the Essential Guide to Alien Species, and starred in the Galaxy of Fear series.

It would be sort of cool to actually see him pop up in something of consequence.

Bel-Cam Jos
02-25-2006, 10:16 AM
It would be sort of cool to actually see him pop up in something of consequence.

SPOILER ALERT!

I heard through my sources (voice inside my head #12 [usually between 3:15am to 4:45am] and voice inside my head #23 [usually between 10:20am to 1:30pm]) that for a brief time, Hoole posed as midichlorians when he was infiltrating a Sith stronghold about 30 years prior to TPM. Therefore, not only did he help Palpatine and Plagueis create, Anakin, he is Anakin Skywalker! :eek:

Battle Droid
02-26-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah that's a Kaleesh, and it's been hinted at that it's Grievous' great-grandmother.

Slicker
02-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Yeah that's a Kaleesh, and it's been hinted at that it's Grievous' great-grandmother.Are you serious? Now it's gettin' reeeeeaaaal bad. And it just shows that EVERYONE in the SW universe indeed related to or knows everyone else.