PDA

View Full Version : The Titanium Wall :-)

Warstar
02-24-2006, 04:35 PM
Here's my Titanium Wall, with all of the commercially released Titaniums so far (no Gold Darth's TIE or Celebration X-Wing, however, and the 5-packs are on the other side of the wall but I don't have 5-pack 3 yet).

There's a Vulture Droid variant there (the infamous two-stripe paint error, eh JT? :D) and a Tri-Lingual Wookie Flyer.

I mostly wanna post it 'case I finally got the 4 Wal-Mart Wave 4 ships today :D w00t!

Still in order of Movie Appearance- though I put the Battle-Ravaged Falcon in the Empire Strikes Back row (figure it got it's butt kicked escaping Hoth so it appears after the Snowspeeder and AT-AT :D)

Enjoy :)

JediTricks
02-24-2006, 05:12 PM
Pretty cool. How many of those do you have open dupes of?

I have a gold DV TIE now, it's pretty nice. You guys will like it, chromey and the front window is clear this time with gold on the window's frame parts, it'll be available in the summer convention circuit (not sure which ones yet).

What are you gonna do with the silver Slave I?

Warstar
02-24-2006, 06:26 PM
The Silver Slave 1? Hmmm...good question. Maybe it'll be last- or first, depending on whether or not Hasbro will release MORE Silver ships in their regular cases...

Cool on the Gold DV- I still want one, but the cheapest I have seen is $55 plus $6 shipping on Ebay, and that guy had a buy-it-now and they were all bought by one bidder...

Still, as long as the Convention Sticker is on the Gold TIE Package when/if I ever get one, I'll be happy. Notice how it's a generic White TIE Fighter package recolored to Gold and not Darth's TIE packaging recolored Gold? I thought that was weird.

If you happen to come across any more Gold DVT's- especially one that has a damaged package that I could get cheap (to open), lemme know :D

Otherwise, I have all of the new releases (that is, new ships to this line that weren't in the old Galoob line) opened, plus the first 2 5-packs opened except for a few-

The only ones I still need to open are the AT-AT (on the way), Clone Wars Gunship (gotta' find one), Vulture Droid (on the way), 5-Pack Number 3 (2 of which KH is holding for me- w00t!) and Wal-Mart Wave 4 (which I will use the Mass Retail wave 4 to have them opened).

The Hong Kong guy sent me an Anakin's Green JSF in the Wal-Mart packaging as I requested from him when the auction I won showed the new packaging! I was VERY happy to see the Green JSF in the Wal-Mart pack- and very relieved, as the four of them cost me a pretty penny...wish I had gotten them through AHQ now.

Next up: Getting those 5-Packs from KH!

...want pics of what I have opened so far? (They all do look kinda' neat together :p)

vectorx
02-25-2006, 03:58 AM
are you telling me that you have 2 of every vehicle? one open and one sealed?

jedi master sal
02-25-2006, 10:26 AM
I've got 1carded/1open of each at retail, plus some extras opened. Mostly fleet building type ships, like TIEs, and any of the rebel "Wings."

Though I don't have the latest wave, YET!

Warstar
02-25-2006, 11:00 PM
VectorX, that's what I am saying...

Except I haven't opened some of the new ones (like the Wave 1 X-Wing, for instance), just because it's pretty much the same as the Galoob X-Wing that I already had opened from back in the day, etc.

The only extras I have are the Slave 1 from the 5-Pack and a TIE Fighter from '96 (one is flanked on each side of Darth's TIE :))

sergiurusu
02-26-2006, 02:42 AM
Here's my Titanium Wall

COOL!!!:thumbsup: I like it.

Warstar
02-26-2006, 04:26 AM
Thanks ^_^

Slicker
02-26-2006, 04:32 PM
Yeah, that definitely is a nice display there. Whenever I see part of a collection displayed it makes me wanna get mine displayed.:cry:

Warstar
02-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Thumbtacks, a free wall and a little time and you could display you packaged Titaniums, too :p

Slicker
02-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Thumbtacks, a free wall and a little time and you could display you packaged Titaniums, too :pI'm talkin' my WHOLE collection. It would be quite tough to put a 10x20 storage shed worth of a collection into an 11x12 bedroom.:p

bobafrett
02-26-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm talkin' my WHOLE collection. It would be quite tough to put a 10x20 storage shed worth of a collection into an 11x12 bedroom.:p

That's why you don't limit it to just a bedroom Slicker, you go whole house baby, that's the way my Bacholer pad is set, Star Wars in the living room, the dining room, and the bedroom. Jeez, do I need to tell you younglings everything? :D

Slicker
02-26-2006, 07:09 PM
That's why you don't limit it to just a bedroom Slicker, you go whole house baby, that's the way my Bacholer pad is set, Star Wars in the living room, the dining room, and the bedroom. Jeez, do I need to tell you younglings everything? :DOh, believe me when I get my own house it's gonna be a bachelor (read: girlfriendless man's dream) pad. But as for right now I don't quite think my roommates would appreciate it. And at $1,300 a month for rent it's just a bit much for me to cover...but one day I tell you.

JediTricks
02-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Cool on the Gold DV- I still want one, but the cheapest I have seen is $55 plus $6 shipping on Ebay, and that guy had a buy-it-now and they were all bought by one bidder...

Still, as long as the Convention Sticker is on the Gold TIE Package when/if I ever get one, I'll be happy. Notice how it's a generic White TIE Fighter package recolored to Gold and not Darth's TIE packaging recolored Gold? I thought that was weird.Pick it up at SDCC or Wizard World or whatever con it's going to, it'll be $10 there, same exact packaging.

That is weird about it being the TIE regular packaging (which I don't have since I have the Galoob one several times, but I do have the white TIE so it's probably the same as that too), I didn't notice, I'll check it out later when I get a chance.

You do know you're taking this Titanium collecting too far, don'tcha WS? ;) McFarlane, SWMMs, SW figures, and now this? :p

BTW, thumbtacks plus apartment = rental agreement void, say goodbye to your security deposit (or just dump a few bucks on some putty filler and fill them in when you move out).

are you telling me that you have 2 of every vehicle? one open and one sealed?Yeah, he is, makes you wanna kick him, huh? :D

Warstar
02-27-2006, 02:46 AM
You have NO idea how much putty I used at the LAST place I lived, believe me :p

I don't know if I'll be able to get to those Cons but I'll try- hopefully the prices on Ebay will drop or I could get a hook up (hint hint ;))

The Gold DV pack has the Mass Retail Wave 1/2 White TIE Fighter pack graphics colored Gold- not the Wal-Mart Wave 1 Generic TIE Fighter pack graphics. Pretty cool though.

Eh- I don't do McFarlane anymore (save for the Dragons series), I got out of the SW MM's obviously...I just collect the Titaniums now (Ultra and Regular), and ROTS-style Clone Troopers- and that's about it :p

Heh- getting one to keep and one to open in the Titaniums line was EASY at first- it's getting to be a pain now...:p

Warstar
02-27-2006, 02:58 AM
I'm talkin' my WHOLE collection. It would be quite tough to put a 10x20 storage shed worth of a collection into an 11x12 bedroom.:p

Oddly enough, I had a storage unit once...16X24...plus a basement, attic, 2 closets, a bedroom, etc. etc.

Lack of space is one of the reasons I got out of the 3 3/4" line collecting- that and I had to dang much (I probably still have 700 figures, too...250 or so carded I am sure...)

Since I am just limiting myself to Titaniums these days I'm displaying them, dang it! :p

vectorx
02-27-2006, 06:27 AM
Yeah, he is, makes you wanna kick him, huh? :D

exactly. since im not able to have TWO of each, im still debating if i should keep mine sealed or display them.
tough decision. any suggestions?

@warstar
did you get them all when they are released (retail price) or did you pay any extra for some (ebay)?

Slicker
02-27-2006, 04:23 PM
BTW, thumbtacks plus apartment = rental agreement void, say goodbye to your security deposit (or just dump a few bucks on some putty filler and fill them in when you move out).Or you could do a fix that's juuuuuust good enough to pass and have them not notice. Use toothpaste. It's white and it fills in the holes good enough...until someone puts something in that exact hole.

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I've got a whole wall full of toothpaste already from when I had a dartboard :p, but it doesn't harden as nicely and filler putty doesn't cost much more. For my heavier stuff I used to use cup hooks but now I use 3M's Command mini-hooks, all my Corgi 1/43rd Batmobiles are on the wall with those.

Vector, you could do what I have done with some, open the packaging carefully, take out the tray, check out the ship, then tie it back down onto the tray and slide it back into the bubble. Personally though, I love my loose collection.

LTBasker
02-27-2006, 06:22 PM
The Titaniums do look awesome on the wall (so far I've got wave 1, 2, 3 and a white TIE Fighter hanging up) but I wish the peghooks were better designed. I fear that they'll eventually become too worn from the weight and it's difficult to hang them side by side evenly.

Warstar
02-27-2006, 06:48 PM
@warstar
did you get them all when they are released (retail price) or did you pay any extra for some (ebay)?

Well, Wal-Mart EX Waves 1, 2, and most of Wave 3 I paid retail for (no sales tax here, so they were all under $5.00- even the ones to open). I paid a bit more for a TIE Bomber to open but it evened out.

Wal-Mart Wave 4 packaged Naboo Royal, Green Jedi Starfighter, Battle-Ravaged Falcon and Wookie Flyer I paid $25 each for with shipping. 'Nuff said :( Sucked, but I got 'em, and these ships in the Wal-Mart packaging WILL be THE rarest ships in the line- something true Titanium afficionados will appreciate as the years go by. I plan on getting ones to open when I get Mass Retail Waves 4 and 5.

Mass-Retail Waves 1 and 2 I got from Entertainment Earth.com for roughly $7.00 each including shipping. I got a couple extras to open for retail (under $5 a piece) nad a couple for $6-$7 off of different toy websites (TRU.com, KBToys.com, etc.)

Mass-Retail Wave 3 has been all retail so far, but I think I may have to pay more for the CW Gunship I need to open.

Mass-Retail Waves 4 and 5 I plan on getting from AFXpress if they don't sell out, because even with shipping the ships average about $4.60 a piece! TOTALLY worth it if I can scrounge up some cash...

LTBasker- you're right- the hooks on the latest Titaniums (one layer of cardboard as opposed to two) are weaker- the WM Exclusive hooks are awesome...I'm a little concerned, too, but I might put up a strip of wood or something like that under the packages to help support the peg weight and to hang them together straighter.

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 07:22 PM
The Titaniums do look awesome on the wall (so far I've got wave 1, 2, 3 and a white TIE Fighter hanging up) but I wish the peghooks were better designed. I fear that they'll eventually become too worn from the weight and it's difficult to hang them side by side evenly.
That's a good point, they left the J-hooks cardboard only, that's fairly unusual from Hasbro, I'm seeing a lot of mangled J-hooks already.

Warstar
02-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Me too. I was kinda' peeved when I noticed the hook change on Mass Retail Wave 1. Ah well- been semi-lucky so far in discovering decent hooks...

vectorx
02-28-2006, 04:38 AM
Mass-Retail Waves 4 and 5 I plan on getting from AFXpress if they don't sell out, because even with shipping the ships average about $4.60 a piece! TOTALLY worth it if I can scrounge up some cash...

doesnt that come with extras that you already own?

itsme
02-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Here's my Titanium Wall

AWESOME! I hope there are not within the reach of your nephews and nieces ;)

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 04:43 PM
WS, I got your gunship for you.

Warstar
02-28-2006, 05:54 PM
VectorX- Yep there would be extras if I get those cases- but then they'd be trade fodder or, at worse, Ebay...*Shudder*

itsme- I have no small children other than my inner child to worry about touching the ships ;) Got my AT-AT to open today anyway, and I LOVE it! :D

KH- I LOVE YOU MAN! :D Guns Up or Guns Down? If it's Guns Down, I'll need yet another one...'cause I am going to collect that package variant :p

Either way, I gotta get you some money and soon- how soon could I get the 4 packs and this CW Gunship if I PayPal you (I get paid Friday :D)?

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Its facing up I believe.

Warstar
02-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Its facing up I believe.

Kick butt!

Now then:

Either way, I gotta get you some money and soon- how soon could I get the 4 packs and this CW Gunship if I PayPal you (I get paid Friday )?

:D

Thanks again!