PDA

View Full Version : Questions about ROTS

Maxu3x
02-25-2006, 10:22 AM
Does anyone know who luke was taken to at the end of the movie? They say he was taken to his family but who would that be? I know it's his uncle in ANH but where did he come from? Did anakin know that guy?

Does anyone know why there are different strormstrooper colors in ROTS? I saw some blue, red, green, yellow

decadentdave
02-25-2006, 10:44 AM
Owen Lars was Cliegg Lars brother who married Shmi Skywalker and was introduced in Attack of the Clones.

The different Clone Troop colors signify the various different ranks and legions. For example, the blue represents clones of the 501st legion (Vader's) and yellow signify troops from Commander Bly's Star Corps legion on Felucia. Commander Cody's legion are orange from Utapau. The red clones are the Emperor's Shock Troops.

El Chuxter
02-25-2006, 11:53 AM
Actually, Owen was Cliegg's son and Anakin's stepbrother. They meet in AOTC, and Anakin says to Padme that he and Beru are "good people."

The backstory for the different-colored clonetrooper legions is that the later generation clone commanders were more akin to ARC Troopers (who appear in the cartoon and are pure Jango clones, with no personality tampering), and they adopt different color schemes and armor to personalize their ranks. After ROTS, though it's not definitively said how long after, the Stormtroopers are made up of a mix of Jango clones, clones of other donors, and conscripts. Thus the more standardized armor, to keep the "faceless" aspect of the earlier Clonetroopers.

Of course, the real reason is Lucas allowed his animators a bit too much creativity in designing all the Clonetroopers. :)

decadentdave
02-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Of course, the real reason is Lucas allowed his animators a bit too much creativity in designing all the Clonetroopers. :)

Actually the REAL reason is because they needed to sell us more action figures. :)

Maxu3x
02-26-2006, 08:58 PM
Does anyone know if palpatine was telling the truth with the story about a sith who could stop death or was that just a lie to lure anakin to the dark side.

Does anyone know why the clonetroopers don't kill bail organa after they're given the code name to kill jedi? they just let him go

Lord Malakite
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know if palpatine was telling the truth with the story about a sith who could stop death or was that just a lie to lure anakin to the dark side.
What Palpatine told Anakin was a slanted truth like what Obi-Wan told Luke about Vader killing Anakin in A New Hope. Its all a matter of intention and perspective. Palpatine clearly told Anakin the story of his former master to lure him to the dark side, but that doesn't mean it was entirely a lie or the complete truth.

Does anyone know why the clonetroopers don't kill bail organa after they're given the code name to kill jedi? they just let him go
Bail isn't a Jedi, he is a Senator. He wasn't part of the objective of Order 66, plain and simple.

El Chuxter
02-27-2006, 12:00 AM
They fire on Bail, but then decide he was just a civilian who stopped by. They didn't care too much about him, and figured he wasn't worth chasing down when the Temple wasn't fully "cleansed."

The real question about Palpatine: did he create Anakin, did Plagueis create Anakin and Palpatine sort of took over his plans, or is it complete BS? I have a feeling we may never get a real, solid answer on that one.

2-1B
02-27-2006, 01:44 AM
Good questions Chux and I'm glad it is open to interpretation. :)

I know about the cut screenplay about Palps saying he created Anakin but it didn't make the film and I think it sucks anyway so I don't count it. :p

Still, from my perspective I don't think Palps created Ani, hell even if that dialogue DID make the movie I'd just say he's lying. I believe that the Jedi bought into this prophecy (and got screwed over by the way things progressed, partly their fault, partly Palps' fault, and partly Ani's fault). I believe Palps co-opted the prophecy and hinted at the whole "used the midichlorians to create life" thing for 2 reasons: 1) to suggest that the Sith had a hand in Anakin's conception somehow leading him to a certain Destiny (we hear of this in ROTS and especially in ESB/ROTJ) ... this inflates the ego / influence of the Sith. 2) more to the point of the Creepy Seduction Scene (as JJReason calls it :D ) the whole "create life" thing is a carrot of temptation for Ani to be curious about the Dark Side to use the Force to save Padme.

Number 2 that I listed is how I see the film now, and if the referenced cut dialogue had made the movie, then number 1 would apply to how I would feel about the claims of Sith Creation. :)

Good questions, Chux. :)

decadentdave
02-27-2006, 03:09 AM
It seemed fairly obvious to me that the "Tragedy of Darth Plaqueis" was an allusion to Palpatine's slaying of his own master to become the Dark Lord of the Sith. Palpatine could have deliberately stretched the truth to lure Anakin but he did imply that he was taught everything he knew before he killed him in his sleep. Man, that's some cold-blooded shi...!

JimJamBonds
02-27-2006, 12:09 PM
They fire on Bail, but then decide he was just a civilian who stopped by. They didn't care too much about him, and figured he wasn't worth chasing down when the Temple wasn't fully "cleansed."

I disagree (slightly) the troopers knew Bail was a senator "I'm sorry senator..." so he wasn't just John Q. Public stopping by to see what's up at the temple. :p

Sith Lord 0498
02-27-2006, 02:13 PM
I believe Darth Plagueis created Anakin in order to create the "perfect" Sith. When Sidious learns of this, he realizes that Plagueis is going to replace him and therefore kills him in his sleep. Sidious then decides to take advantage of the situation his master engineered and use it to his own ends. Whether or not he knows Anakin's identity before the Battle of Naboo is fuzzy.

If you take the Expanded Universe into account, I don't think Sidious lied at all during the tale. The Sith secret to immortality IMO is shown in Dark Empire when Sidious is able to stay alive inside clone bodies. However, those bodies didn't last long and needed to keep being replaced. Therefore, the Sith never achieved true immortality like Qui-Gon, Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Anakin ultimately did.

Maxu3x
02-27-2006, 02:46 PM
Darth Plagueis created Anakin in order to create the "perfect" Sith?
That's impossible isn't it? I forgot who was anakins father anyway?

El Chuxter
02-27-2006, 03:18 PM
"There was no father. I carried him, I gave birth to him. I can't explain what happened."
--Shmi Skywalker

"It is possible that he was conceived by the midichlorions."
--Qui-Gon Jinn

That's about all we know on this question.

Maxu3x
02-27-2006, 03:58 PM
Oh well if that's the case then Darth Plagueis creating Anakin is possible.

JimJamBonds
02-28-2006, 12:28 AM
Darth Plagueis created Anakin in order to create the "perfect" Sith?

The perfect Sith wouldn't have gotten his arm hacked by an old coot and in a later fight be "delimbed." :D

Maxu3x
02-28-2006, 12:53 AM
Well anakin was beaten by the count because he had amazing skills at the time they fought. Anakin became more powerful as the years passed by. He was "delimbed" because he didn't have the higher ground, not because he couldn't beat obi wan.

JimJamBonds
02-28-2006, 11:59 AM
Well anakin was beaten by the count because he had amazing skills at the time they fought. Anakin became more powerful as the years passed by. He was "delimbed" because he didn't have the higher ground, not because he couldn't beat obi wan.

Anakin should have never let himself get into a spot where Obi could slice and dice. It wasn't all about pure talent, taking other factors into the situation Obi could and did beat Anakin.

El Chuxter
02-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Anakin should have never let himself get into a spot where Obi could slice and dice. It wasn't all about pure talent, taking other factors into the situation Obi could and did beat Anakin.

Actually, it was about pure talent, or lack thereof. That was some really shoddy writing on Lucas' part. There are things about ROTS I cannot forgive, and that incredibly far-fetched "let's cut off an arm and both legs at one time because I can't think of a way to end this movie already" is one of them.

JimJamBonds
02-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Actually, it was about pure talent, or lack thereof. That was some really shoddy writing on Lucas' part. There are things about ROTS I cannot forgive, and that incredibly far-fetched "let's cut off an arm and both legs at one time because I can't think of a way to end this movie already" is one of them.

I can't argue that Obi took a heck of a swing getting both a wing and both sticks. No doubt that the ending could have been 'cleaner' for sure. I would have thought it would have been a bit more along the lines of the knight from Monty Python (minus the jokes of course).... then again everybody would point out its a Python ripoff! :D

El Chuxter
02-28-2006, 02:30 PM
"You were the chosen one! You were supposed to bring destroy the Sith, not join them!"

"A'ight, we'll call it a draw."

Sith Lord 0498
02-28-2006, 10:40 PM
The perfect Sith wouldn't have gotten his arm hacked by an old coot and in a later fight be "delimbed." :D

In both cases, Anakin's downfall can be attributed to his arrogance, immaturity, and impulsivity. Had Sidious been able to condition him more overtly, I doubt anyone could've beaten Anakin. He let his emotions guide his actions TOO much. Wiser, older Sith like Tyranus and Sidious understand how to control themselves. Anakin was more like Darth Maul...too driven by emotion and lacking strategy.

2-1B
03-02-2006, 04:06 AM
Swayze could have beaten Anakin. No question.

chux and JimJam, I don't mind Obi taking Ani limb from limb. I don't find it shoddy. Meh.

Maxu3x
03-02-2006, 10:17 AM
Are all the clonetroopers and stormtroopers seen throughout the six episodes clones of jango fett? Well I actually don't know the difference between the clonetroops and stormtroops.

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Yes they are. In the latest release off the DVD, Lucas had Morrison go back and re voice the stormtroopers voices so they all sound like Jango.

The clone evolved into stormtroopers as seen in the evolutions set.

2-1B
03-02-2006, 10:55 AM
and then the stormtroopers evolved into Swayze.

El Chuxter
03-02-2006, 11:06 AM
No, he had Morrison re-voice Boba Fett only. The Stormtroopers still have different voices. Lucas has said that they eventually run short of Jango's DNA and start cloning others, usually as political favors rather than due to merit, so the Stormtroopers in the OT aren't nearly as dangerous.

The Expanded Universe had already said Stormtroopers were conscripts, and since AOTC has said the Stormtroopers are a mix of Jango clones, other clones, and conscripts.

Maxu3x
03-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Morrison did re voice boba fett but I'm not sure if he did for the stormtroopers for the original trilogy.

2-1B
03-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Morrison revoiced Jango and Swayze revoiced the Stormtroopers.

That is the way of things.

JimJamBonds
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
chux and JimJam, I don't mind Obi taking Ani limb from limb. I don't find it shoddy. Meh.

I'm fine w/ Obi doing a slice n dice, I just think it could have been pulled off a touch better.

2-1B
03-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm fine w/ Obi doing a slice n dice, I just think it could have been pulled off a touch better.

Like if they had Swayze in the role of Obi ? :confused:

He definitely would have been more Flexible.

trandoshan666
03-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Morrison revoiced Jango and Swayze revoiced the Stormtroopers.

That is the way of things.
That's not entirely correct, Caeser. Swayze only revoiced a small band of stormtroopers, but they broke away and holed up in the mountains, so they were never in the movies. I believe they called themselves "Wolverines."

2-1B
03-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Oops. :nerv:
You're right about that, sorry for the mistake. :nerv:

I love the scene where the Stormerines have to urinate in the radiator. Also, drinking Ewok blood is fantastic. lol

trandoshan666
03-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that whole "just pi$$ in the radiator" scene was great.

I also wish Lucas would've left in the scene where the Stormies do a little "dirty dancin.'" I once saw an unfinished cut of it, and despite all the green screen, I Had the Time of My Life watching it :yes:.

I hope it makes it into the next special-special edition!

Blackened88
03-13-2006, 11:31 PM
what the hell is with all this Swayze talk, you guys are killing me here. lol

decadentdave
03-13-2006, 11:43 PM
Must be the latest trend. Apparently Chuck Norris is out.

Chuck Norris could roundhouse kick Swayze out of the Road House back to his effeminate Dirty Dancing days. lol

JimJamBonds
03-13-2006, 11:44 PM
what the hell is with all this Swayze talk, you guys are killing me here. lol

That's how Caesar rolls.

Turbowars
03-14-2006, 12:07 AM
That's how Caesar rolls.Apparently from what your Avatar shows that's how you roll.:yes:

2-1B
03-14-2006, 12:40 AM
No, that's how Franz rolls. lol

and Roadhouse is an 80's classic. Double Deuce forever ! ! ! :D

Blackened88
03-14-2006, 12:54 AM
never seen it :D

CaptainSolo1138
03-14-2006, 11:11 AM
Caesar rolls.Never heard of them. What are they served with. Italian perhaps? Or is that what you put bratwurst on?