PDA

View Full Version : Boba Fett / Slave I

JediTricks
02-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Here's the review I posted:

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=460757#post460757

As you can see, I like this one a lot. However, the shoulder pegs are too cheap, this design should have been better. Also, the "skirt" pieces that fold up pop apart sometimes when de-transforming. Anybody else feel this way?

seanmcfripp
07-28-2006, 06:31 PM
I picked this one up today (along with a mess of others...I'm so addicted to these things after not buying them since they came out), and I think it's great. The pictures Hasbro releases never seem to do these things justice, as some of them tend to look pot-bellied, or awkwardly proportions. Seems like once I get them in my hands though, they look much better, as is the case with Boba Fett. I think this one looks the most like his film counterpart.

The shoulder joint is a neat idea, and a good design, but as you said, cheaply executed. I'm almost afraid to move them too much as it appears the pegs stress pretty easy. Not too crazy about the limited hip movement either. Seems like it wouldn't have been too hard to have the forward facing panels fold back to free up the joint a little.

But, double pistolas, a rocket firing backpack, and a range-finder that goes up and down? The good definitely out weighs the bad. Boba Fett/Slave I is pretty darned sweet.

JediTricks
07-28-2006, 09:27 PM
Unfortunately, the shoulders and funky hips have driven a lot of this figure's deserved love away, but I still dig it, and I'm glad someone else does too.