PDA

View Full Version : OT: Micro Indiana Jones prototype playset at C3

JBlake
02-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I was wondering if anyone had any information about this playset? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.hollywoodheroes.com/news.htm

~Josh

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 04:53 AM
I heard nothing about this at all, was it Hasbro's piece? If you email me the picture I can attach it to your post.

JBlake
02-27-2006, 12:16 PM
This was not a Hasbro piece. It was intended for the Micro Machines Galoob line. I found out a little more history on the piece yesterday, but am still pretty curious. The model at C3 represented the only playset example known to exist. Because sales began to drastically decrease Galoob decided to pull the plug on both the Indiana Jones and Star Wars Micro Marchine lines. Because work began so late on the Indiana Jones line, very few products actually made it into production.

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 03:41 PM
Ah, ok, I gotcha, I thought this was a new piece (I wish!), this is one of the Galoob pieces that never made it to production. I've added the photo to your post as well as the link you requested. It looks like a fantastic playset. I wonder what happened to Galoob's Indiana Jones license, it probably expired before the Hasbro buy-out.

Slicker
02-27-2006, 04:42 PM
That playset looks like it had alot of potential in it too. It's a shame that Galoob still doesn't have the MM licenses.

JBlake
02-27-2006, 05:11 PM
The reason it didn't go into production was due to poor sales of the SW and Indy Micro Machine line. The factor of liscense from LFL was inconsequential. However, I received an email from Jordan Hembrough from Hollywood Heroes with pics attached. I learned that they were the sellers who acquired this particular piece. I have downloaded them onto my webshots album. Run a search for username ccgraduate04 to view these pics! This would have indeed been a wonderful addition to the Micro Machine Indy line!