PDA

View Full Version : I just spoke with one of the dumbest people on Earth!!!!

JEDIpartner
02-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Caller (female): "Hello, I'm trying to reach Christine at her extension but no one answers. They only have an answering machine."

Me: "Ah, yes. I'm sorry Christine has taken an unexpected leave for the day. She should be back in the office tomorrow."

Caller: "Well... I want to talk to someone about my account. I need to understand what is going on with it."

Me: "Certainly. I'll see what I can do for you. What is the account number...?"

Caller: "The number is _______________."

Me: "Thank you. I'm looking at your account now. How may I assist you today?"

Caller: "Well... I got a letter saying that you sent me to a collections office and (laughs) I don't see how that's possible!"

Me: "Ah, yes. Well, I do see that you have missed two payments. One was due on November 21 and the third payment was due February 21."

Caller: "No... our first payment was due in September!"

Me: "Actually, your first payment was due on August 21 and we DID receive that one. That's not an issue here." :ermm:

Caller: "When we agreed to do this advertisement, they said they'd do that quarterly. That's not quarterly!" :upset:

Me: "We're billing you $115 every three months beginning August 21. How is that not quarterly?" :confused:

Caller: "Well... well... um. I'm having trouble. What IS quarterly?"

Me: :rolleyes: "Quarterly is 'every three months'. Twelve months divided by three months is 4. Four times a year times three months is twelve months. There are twelve months in a year."

Caller: "Huh? Um... hold on a minute."

Nothing happens for about 30 seconds and I need some water.

Me: "Would it be okay if I put you on hold for a moment whilst you get this sorted on your end?"

Caller: "Um... okay. That's fine."

I leave for about 40 seconds and return to the line.

Me: "Thank you for holding. Have we got this right now?"

Caller: "Okay... here's there problem. When we started the ad, it was $580 for the year and you gave us a $120 discount..." :mad:

Me: "So... we're charging you $460, which is less than the standard two-space advert for that account. That's a problem?" :confused:

Caller: "Well, yeah... 'cos we paid you $115 for our first payment."

Me: "And... $115 times four payments is $460." :whip:

Caller: "Uh... oh? Are you sure? That's not what I get."

Me: :confused: "I'm quite sure about this. I just did the math. If you'd like, I can do it for you again but on my adding machine this time. (tap tap tap) Yep... $460!"

Caller: "Um... oh. Well... if you are doing it quarterly, it's all wrong. We paid in September. September... October... November... December... January..."

Me: "As I previously stated, your first payment was due August 21 and we received that. Please follow me on this one. August 21 to September 21. One month. September 21 to October 21. Two months. October 21 to November 21. Three months. See? It works out."

Caller: "Well, sure... the way YOU did it..."

Me: :frus: "It's the way that ANYONE would do it. Why can't you seem to get it right? 'Quarterly' is STILL 'every three months' in any country and in any language if your total contract term is one year, which, by the way, it is."

Caller: "Well, look-- we do over $20,000 in flower and plant business with this church every year. I can't believe you sent us to collections."

Me: "Well, your dealings with the church is between you and the church. If we were the gas company or the power company, we'd shut off your utility or send you to collections. This is no different. If we provide you a service and you fail to pay us on time, we have someone in place to come get that money!"

Caller: "But this is for the church..."

Me: :rolleyes: "It's not really pertinent, ma'am. A business is a business and we have to pay our bills on-time as we expect you to pay yours. I can't understand why you feel that you are an exception to the basic rules of commerce."

Caller: "Well-- I don't want to run my ad again." :sad:

Me: "That's perfectly fine with me. I don't think we'd allow you to run the advert again after having such trouble getting a payment for services rendered. I'd be surprised if we didn't cancel you immediately." :mad:

Caller: "Um... can you put me back into Christine's voicemail again?" :ninja:

Me: "Most certainly. Have a nice day."

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Dang JP, I'm surprised you're not getting into trouble for that, if I were your boss I'd totally put you on warning for the way your attitude comes off, everything from "If you'd like, I can do it for you again but on my adding machine this time. Yep... $460!" on is not what I consider appropriate business behavior even if the customer is a moron (which clearly is the case with this customer). I get that she was a doofus, but when you get snarky it only makes things worse and reflects badly on your company.

Good thing I'm not your boss, eh? ;)

JEDIpartner
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Actually, I wasn't snooty to her at all. I spoke to her in such a nice manner the entire way through that it would have gone right over her... or just about ANYONE'S head. That's the fine, fine beauty of my charm and eloqunce. :D

And yes, she was SO stupid that I probably could have asked her how stupid she was and she wouldn't have picked up on how inappropriate that was!

Beyond that, whatever I did wouldn't register in her fat head. The fact that we sent her to a collections agency is what reflects badly on our company in her small mind. lol

Anyhow... just enjoy the ride. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Slicker
02-27-2006, 03:38 PM
I say good on ya, JP.:thumbsup: Sometimes stupidity needs to be answered with stupidity. If I could do it I would but I don't deal with people so I unfortunately can't. I can be the most sarcastic mofo around if need be.

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2006, 03:54 PM
I can totally understand how you feel JP. At my job (eb games) I encounter some of the same things...questions and comments that almost make me want to laugh in people's faces.
I think the best one I had last week was when a lady came in, looked around, and said "What do you do with these games?"
I was going to respond by telling her they can treat disease and help increase your sex life but of course that would get me in trouble. I almost couldn't believe it, but I had to tell her that they are meant to be played.

Then of course you get the occasional questions like "why won't this xbox game play on my computer?, " or "why don't the xbox 360 games work on my original xbox?" After encountering these types all day it almost makes you feel like you are losing brain cells.

stillakid
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Christ Almighty, we need a virus that just wipes out morons. :hurt:

JediTricks
02-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Christ Almighty, we need a virus that just wipes out morons. :hurt: It's called 'television', but it works very slowly.

JP, it's not HOW you said it, it's WHAT you said. Think of it this way, would you really want to lose your job over some moron if she complains?

I used to work at a video store, we had one woman who called up saying the tape wasn't working, what did WE do to her, turned out her block had a blackout. Another was a woman who said she couldn't figure out how to play the tape - turned out she had NO VCR!!! A computer tech buddy had one: woman calls up saying her computer's coffee cup holder broke - turned out she didn't know what the CD-ROM drive was. But ya gotta be nice or trade them off to someone else 'cause customer satisfaction is what creates business and reflects on the company.

stillakid
02-27-2006, 07:11 PM
A roomie back in college had a story from when he worked in a video store. Some stupid woman wanted to copy tapes and wanted to know if the VCRs had to be facing each other. He told her "yes." :laugh:

Something about video rental places that attract road scholars.

Turbowars
02-27-2006, 07:13 PM
There's really no such thing as customer service anymore. Everything is serve yourself these days. JP's Attitude towards this moronic lady does not surprise me. After a few minutes of the BS I probably would have done the same thing or just hung up and let someone else in the office take the call when she called back.

stillakid
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM
There's really no such thing as customer service anymore. Everything is serve yourself these days. JP's Attitude towards this moronic lady does not surprise me. After a few minutes of the BS I probably would have done the same thing or just hung up and let someone else in the office take the call when she called back.

True, but it does work both ways. When I call or ask for help from a store or tech support, I go in with the assumption that the other person knows more than I do about whatever it is I'm asking about. All too frequently lately, I have to "educate" the dimwit who is on Level One of customer service which is an exasperating process. Better sometimes to just ask for a supervisor right away, although that doesn't always guarantee getting to talk to anyone worthy either.

JEDIpartner
02-27-2006, 07:21 PM
JP, it's not HOW you said it, it's WHAT you said. Think of it this way, would you really want to lose your job over some moron if she complains?

Firstly, I won't lose my job. Secondly, it is BECAUSE of how I said it that she won't realise that she's been intellectually sucker-punched. Seriously. I was in retail for 12 years and had to deal with people face to face. You wouldn't believe the things I was able to say to people when they clearly illustrated their lack of intelligence or a horrid demeanor. I am really able to read people quite well. After my tour of retail, I went to work in two offices. I have ALWAYS been held in high regard by my superiors. On top of all of that, I am able to handle the issue without having to transfer the call to another department where I know that employee is equally as incompetant as the caller or will just cry.

Lastly, as for customer service, I am quite good at taking care of people and have gotten more praise than complaints... in five years, I've had 42 nice callbacks/cards sent to the office and only 5 complaints. If you think about it, that totally beats the rule of more complaints than praise.

As you can see, I'm clearly winning in this game. :thumbsup:

Jargo
02-27-2006, 07:55 PM
when i worked as a hospital security guard and did some reception duties, either phone calls or face to face people would ask where their relative or friend was located. there was a huge board to the side of the desk with all the various departments and wards listed, everywhere you could want to find in a three storey hospital. and everything denoted by floor like in a department store.
so people would come ask and we'd look it up and ask the usual security questions such as relation to patient, some part of the patients address to make sure they actually knew the person. then you'd say "they're on ward 3y you find directions on the board and point to the huge board next to them. About two minutes later they'd come back and ask what floor of the three floor hospital ward 3y was on.
or you'd tell someone that their friend or relative had been checked out or hadn't been brought to the hospital and they'd say "well where are they then?" or "I want to see them" Now i did appreciate that sometimes worry and fear can make people come over dumb, but I'm good at telling the difference between regular or temporary dumb. The regular dumb people are like a plague and seem to multiply like a bacteria. once one dumb person asks a really stupid question or makes a chicken brained comment they start flooding in. the worst is the person who stands waiting in line and listens to the dealings with the person in front, and then comes and asks the same question and gets the same reply.
worst question I ever got asked though was a guy who came up to the reception desk, (in the centre of the foyer, brightly lit and looking exactly like any reception desk with telephone and switchboard console, computer station and masses of keys in locked key cupboards. with the big reception sign on it with that biguniversally recognised 'i' in a circle meaning information point}, and asked where the reception desk was. it was one of those moments that make your jaw drop and you get the urge to punch them, and laugh and yell out to everyone to look at the knucklehead and relate what just transpired in a mocking and slightly hysterical manner.

best part of being a security guard was having the ability to throw some dumb people off the property. y'know the ones who get stroppy because you can't help them due to the fact they know nothing and you can't get a straight piece of information out of them and they cause a scene because they don't get what they want as a result of their own stupidity and inability to communicate in any known way.

i liked the walkie talkie carrying part too. that made me feel sexy....

JEDIpartner
02-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Oh, dear Lord!!!!

It's a good thing the two of us don't work together!!!

Kidhuman
02-27-2006, 08:39 PM
JP, that was great. I loved it. I deal with the customers the same exact way. I'll give ya an example:

We have dual tuner rcvrs, 1 rcvr that works 2 TV's indivu\idually. If you need to program the 2nd remote you need to do it from the first tv:

ME: please bring remote #2 to the rcvr in the other room.

Customer: How do I do that?

ME: Put the remote in your hand and place one foot in front of the other until you are in the room with the other TV.

I dont know if people just dont get it or if they are really that stupid. I had another lady ask me if San Diego was next to Virginia. I dropped my head on the desk and made a loud thump at the stupidity. I am glad to see others can be so sarcastic with sounding so sweet to the customers. Its a great trait and I dont blame you one bit.

JetsAndHeels
02-27-2006, 09:39 PM

You got that right. I used to work at a rental store (eventually became the manager) and I had some real bright ones in there as well. Of course the most fun came when it dealt with late fees and things of that sort. I can recall one customer in particular who had a tape out for 9 days....we called, sent a letter, etc. She swore up and down she did not have it. She got pretty ugly about it as well....making accusations like the employees didn't check it in properly, and we were trying to scam her out of money.
Well a couple days later she comes in with the tape in her hands. Turns out her daughter had dropped it behind her bed and it had been there the whole time. We didn't get an apology for her ugly behavior, but the look in her face and the tone of her voice was pretty satisfying to say the least. :)

El Chuxter
02-27-2006, 10:12 PM
I read this subject and thought maybe you'd talked to my brother.

Slicker
02-27-2006, 10:29 PM
I read this subject and thought maybe you'd talked to my brother.I don't even think he's that stupid.

bobafrett
02-27-2006, 11:41 PM
I remember a conversation I had with my son's mother. She had moved off to Florida with my son, and it took me awhile to track her down. Once I did, I mailed a box to my son. She called up rantig and raving demanding to know where I got her address from. I told her "the internet". She said to me, "it doesn't matter, because we are going to move to another country", to which I replied, "What. like Mexico?" and she yells back "Mexico isn't another country, it's part of the United States" Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Deoxyribonucleic
02-28-2006, 02:38 AM
Ohhhhhh JP, you make me laugh so hard! lol lol lol lol lol

People have become so lazy and dumbed down in this country for reasons of "customer service" and "the customer is always right". That is the biggest load of poo ever! People nowadays pretty much expect customer service reps to do everything for them, including wiping their behinds and cooking them dinner! It's ridiculous and it's gonna blow up in everyones' face eventually, I gaurantee it!

Still, three of my favorite "stupidest ever" remarks are from my days at Barnes and Noble...

#1. Where is the non-fiction section? Anywhere fiction isn't moron!

#2. Where do I check this book out? At the library which you aren't at idiot!

#3. Do you have a copy machine? No, that would defeat the purpose of "selling" books at a "retail" store numbskull!

JEDIpartner
02-28-2006, 07:53 AM
You're absolutely correct, DNA! This country's absolutely got it all wrong. People refuse to do any of the thinking before they call to complain or whatever. Half the calls I get are from people who are obviously too lazy to read their statements.

How much do I have to pay?

What does it read in the "Amount Due" box?

$242.58

Well, then that's what you need to send!

I am completely horrified that people don't seem to have the basic skills to make it from day to day. What's even more frightening is that these people are allowed to make decisions for their employers, own their own businesses, have children and drive cars!

WTF!!!!!

stillakid
02-28-2006, 08:52 AM
You're absolutely correct, DNA! This country's absolutely got it all wrong. People refuse to do any of the thinking before they call to complain or whatever. Half the calls I get are from people who are obviously too lazy to read their statements.

How much do I have to pay?

What does it read in the "Amount Due" box?

$242.58

Well, then that's what you need to send!

I am completely horrified that people don't seem to have the basic skills to make it from day to day. What's even more frightening is that these people are allowed to make decisions for their employers, own their own businesses, have children and drive cars!

WTF!!!!!

...and 60% of Americans really believe that their pet dog just POOFED! into existence instead of having evolved over time. These are the kind of nincompoops who vote, drive, and rent videos! :(

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/11/22/opinion/polls/main657083.shtml

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 09:21 AM

This play on "Rhodes Scholar" was funny. Good one Stillakid!

Help me out here. Do I understand that customer service no longer exists and is used as a way to ridicule people who know less than the customer service people?

People often accuse me of seeing the world through rose colored glasses. But this seems pretty cruel to me. From what I have seen on these boards you all seem like pretty good people so this surprises me. We all do stupid crap. Everyone. Period. We all have different reasons for doing stupid things, but there are no perfect humans.

When I call or talk to customer service, I expect to have a calm rational conversation with someone who knows more about the subject than I do. It is a pretty serious thing for any person to admit that they need help. Having the knowledge and ability to give that help should not be abused.

I would think that a group of people who do something as highly ridiculed as collecting Star Wars figures would be a little more simpathetic in areas of this nature. This reminds me a lot of that lady at Target.

I work in an industry where I have had people read the phrase "Cement lining must be tested prior to shipping" and look me in the face and tell me that they interpret that to mean they can ship 5 days before they test the cement lining. I have seen people do things that are so stupid that it made me want to walk away from a 6 figure job. But instead I politely do whatever it takes to help them understand the specification...and that has gone as far as helping somebody learn sentence structure that kids learn in elementary school.

Nobody like to be ridiculed. Nobody.

stillakid
02-28-2006, 10:41 AM
This play on "Rhodes Scholar" was funny. Good one Stillakid!.

Thanks. :) Think of me as the Dennis Miller of SSG, only not quite as insightful (or Right Wing...what kind of Kool Aid did he drink anyway?).

stillakid
02-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Nobody like to be ridiculed. Nobody.

Yet some people deserve it because they have no excuse but to know better. Truly not knowing something and needing help is one thing. Putting oneself out as an "expert" and then not knowing is another. Taking someone to task for something when you are the one who is wrong is ultimately deserving of ridicule (or worse) particularly if the person never owns up to the error.

There is ignorance and then there is willful ignorance. I'd never personally ridicule someone for honestly trying, but those other kind who choose to roll through life willfully ignorant are just plain stupid.

Darth Cruel
02-28-2006, 10:58 AM
If you ridicule anybody for ANY reason...you loose the moral high ground.

El Chuxter
02-28-2006, 11:52 AM
My pet cat did not poof into existence, nor did she evolve. She was born in a litter of several kittens. :)

BTW, keep the religious debate in the Rancor Pit.

stillakid
02-28-2006, 12:13 PM
My pet cat did not poof into existence, nor did she evolve. She was born in a litter of several kittens. :)

BTW, keep the religious debate in the Rancor Pit.

Whose debating? There is fact and there is fiction. Apples and oranges. No debate, just stating reality. :)

If you ridicule anybody for ANY reason...you loose the moral high ground.
True. Like I would ridicule you for misspelling "lose" in that quote above. I can assume that it was an inadvertent typographical error. Or perhaps you were making a play on words wherein you juxtapose the connotative meaning of "loose" (meaning sexual permissive) with the word "moral" which clearly is an antagonistic relationship. Or perhaps you really don't know how to spell "lose" correctly, in which case one might make an argument for ridicule.

But then again, we'd have to research exactly why you misspelled the word. Perhaps you never learned it properly. In that case, do we blame the educational system for letting you advance without properly teaching you and ridicule them? Do we blame you for not allowing yourself to be taught? Do we blame you for not pulling out a dictionary and checking to see which one to use or do we assume that maybe you just never knew to ask the question regarding the difference between "lose" and "loose"?

So, I agree that knee-jerk reactionary ridicule isn't always the best avenue for resolving an issue. However, when somebody can't do basic math (as in the first example in the thread), there is no room for interpretation and proper lambasting is in order.:whip:

James Boba Fettfield
02-28-2006, 12:56 PM
If you wanna talk about evolution and creationism, do it in the Pit.

stillakid
02-28-2006, 01:09 PM
If you wanna talk about evolution and creationism, do it in the Pit.

Whose talking about it? :confused:

JEDIpartner
02-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Don't make me come over there and slap the "moron" label on you!! ;)

Help me out here. Do I understand that customer service no longer exists and is used as a way to ridicule people who know less than the customer service people?

Absolutely not. The problem is that people are either too distracted/unprepared and don't pay attention when they call (I can't even count how many times people call during the day to pay a bill and they don't even have their account information in front of them) so they have no idea what you're saying to them OR they are just too stupid to grasp what you are saying to them. Seriously, you can only dumb-down an explanation so far before it really does sound like belittling remarks. Once it gets to that point, there is no one to blame except for the customer.

stillakid
02-28-2006, 01:32 PM
:confused: :cross-eye

Absolutely not. The problem is that people are either too distracted/unprepared and don't pay attention when they call (I can't even count how many times people call during the day to pay a bill and they don't even have their account information in front of them) so they have no idea what you're saying to them OR they are just too stupid to grasp what you are saying to them. Seriously, you can only dumb-down an explanation so far before it really does sound like belittling remarks. Once it gets to that point, there is no one to blame except for the customer.

I don't get it. :sad:

*author's note: the above are examples of irony. No real morons were injured in the making of this thread.

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 02:30 PM
Plain and simple Stillakid, doing tech support for Sat systems is what I do. I get 4-5 calls a day from people that call in 6-7 times a day because they cant keep their TV's on channel 3 or remember that you need to turn the reciever on before you get TV. You can only explain things so much to people before it gets to either slowing down to mono-syllabic words or whatever.

stillakid
02-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Plain and simple Stillakid, doing tech support for Sat systems is what I do. I get 4-5 calls a day from people that call in 6-7 times a day because they cant keep their TV's on channel 3 or remember that you need to turn the reciever on before you get TV. You can only explain things so much to people before it gets to either slowing down to mono-syllabic words or whatever.

I'm with ya! :) I understand that morons exist out there that can't do the most basic of tasks.

But it also works the other way too. Say I'm a guy at home who already knows the basics, and has already tried the normal basic routine of rebooting "whatever" (computer, cable modem, TIVO, my PDA phone, the dishwasher, etc.) and I explain that to Level One support dude on the phone and he/she still insists on making me jump through the hoops before passing me to the next level, then I'm bound to get a little miffed. :frus: I've even had to TELL the support people things that they didn't even know about the product that they supposedly are there to be experts about. Point being, I shouldn't be smarter than the tech support that I'm calling. My favorite question is "are you sure everything is plugged in?" I want to reach through the phone and throttle them! This is after I've already explained that I've done MSCONFIG or CMD/RUN/IPCONFIG or hit the reset button the back or whatever. Argh! :whip:

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Level one techs were I work have to follow a script step by step or they get docked by QA(Quality Assurance). As a level 3 tech, I do what I want as long as I fix the issue or get a resolution(service call if need be, replace equipment, etc.). So it is not always their fault that they repeat themselves. Sure I used to just say, "You already said all is plugged in instead of asking what I was told. Verifying what the customer said is the way around it, but they cant figure it out for some reason.

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
True, but it does work both ways. When I call or ask for help from a store or tech support, I go in with the assumption that the other person knows more than I do about whatever it is I'm asking about. All too frequently lately, I have to "educate" the dimwit who is on Level One of customer service which is an exasperating process. Better sometimes to just ask for a supervisor right away, although that doesn't always guarantee getting to talk to anyone worthy either.This is *so* true! I tried to get some assistance with my cable and each time had to explain to them why digital jittering and tiling cannot be on my end since I'm NOT USING DIGITAL EQUIPMENT!!! Even the techs they sent out were woefully ignorant on HOW THIS STUFF WORKS, they just follow the instructions as they were assigned and let someone else who wrote the instructions do the thinking for them - it's why they can pay these people less, they're slower and/or have less training - thanks corporate managment jerks.

Firstly, I won't lose my job. Secondly, it is BECAUSE of how I said it that she won't realise that she's been intellectually sucker-punched. Seriously. I was in retail for 12 years and had to deal with people face to face. You wouldn't believe the things I was able to say to people when they clearly illustrated their lack of intelligence or a horrid demeanor. I am really able to read people quite well. After my tour of retail, I went to work in two offices. I have ALWAYS been held in high regard by my superiors. On top of all of that, I am able to handle the issue without having to transfer the call to another department where I know that employee is equally as incompetant as the caller or will just cry.Let me put it to you this way, if it was my employee who called you and told me what you said in response, I'd be calling your supervisor - granted, I can't imagine ever hiring anybody on my end as stupid as your caller, but still you assume that not only she cannot fathom that you were being rude and giving her attitude, but also anybody she retells the tale to won't either. And for all you know, maybe she was just confused from her boss giving incorrect details about all this and she's totally out of her element but she's not entirely stupid. Even if she's stupider than dirt though, would you want someone representing your company to treat your customers that way? I know I wouldn't. I look at it this way, a "customer service representative" is meant to serve the customer, you represent the company to the customer but in a way you're also representing the customer's needs to the company, you are the conduit between these 2 entities, you are each party's advocate and it's your job to do your best to help ensure the best possible outcome for both.

I'm really surprised by someone named "Darth Cruel" can be pointing out that we're not supposed to ridicule people. :D You are totally right though.

I can't even count how many times people call during the day to pay a bill and they don't even have their account information in front of themYou'd think you'd stop being surprised then. :p

True. Like I would ridicule you for misspelling "lose" in that quote above. I can assume that it was an inadvertent typographical error.
Whose talking about it? :confused:"Who's", and I'm still not convinced that "Rhodes/road scholar" thing was deliberate. ;)

stillakid
02-28-2006, 05:09 PM
"Who's", and I'm still not convinced that "Rhodes/road scholar" thing was deliberate. ;)
Ya know, I stared at that "whose" for the longest time thinking that it just didn't look right. I demand to be ridiculed! :whip: ;)

I had the same thought about Darth "Cruel" too!

Jargo
02-28-2006, 07:46 PM
Y'know. relooking at the original post got me thinking. fair enough when someone can't follow simple logic and reach the correct conclusion but really math is a sticky issue. I actually suffer from numeric dyslexia. number blindness. if you stick random figures in front of me I can't read them, my brain just isn't wired up the right way. I've taught myself basic math, enough to get by with money and so on but that's just a case of teaching myself common numbers for products i buy or bills I pay regularly etc.
If i get a bill with a new number on like if the charges for electricity go up. I'm totally stuck. I see the numbers there and recognise them individually but as a whole several figure number i have no idea what it is.

if you give me a number that has odds in it i have real trouble reading it. my skill in addition and multiplication only extends to even numbers. Sadly i have to ask people to help me out if there are unrecognisable numbers. it gets me strange looks and muttering behind my back but i'm used to that.

however. I'm not a moron. clearly or rather i would hope it's clear, I can communicate effectively. my grasp of the english language is reasonable. I can take a concept and run with it. be creative and imaginative. so the rest of my brain works fine. just the number crunching part is screwy.

I don't however call banks and get antsy over credit card charges. if i make a mistake i hold my hands up and accept the responsibility. And then attempt to rectify that. in a civil manner. Or in worst case scenarios when the numbers are legion and i start getting cold sweats and panicking because it's all alien, I get a friend to deal with it with me. someone who can coax me through the process of sorting things out.

which is a long way of saying. even with handicaps like numerical dyslexia, it's possible to not be a jerk. to not come over like a moron.

only true morons behave like morons. they're a breed unto themselves. they deserve to be hunted down and euthanased to save them from themselves. To save us from them. The natural order of life is survival of the fittest. and morons are certainly not anywhere near being qualifiable as fit. ergo they should be eradicated. they be a liability and millstone around the neck of human life.

NB: there is a proper name for the condition of numerical dyslexia. I've just never seen it written anywhere so don't know how to spell it. it's something like dyscalculaeic but I may have too many vowels in there.

Dar' Argol
02-28-2006, 08:04 PM

HA HA HA HA HA !!!! That's classic JP, where can I get a few of them cause I know some people I need to label . . . . for their own sake ;)

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 08:13 PM
Hopefully Hank is one of them.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2006, 08:46 PM
HA HA HA HA HA !!!! That's classic JP, where can I get a few of them cause I know some people I need to label . . . . for their own sake ;)

I keep a little stash in my glove box in the event I see someone at the supermarket who requires one. ;)

DarthBrandon
02-28-2006, 11:50 PM

People need to follow instuctions (pen & paper) & write them down, would save on a lot of same issue calls.

DarthBrandon
02-28-2006, 11:55 PM
I'm with ya! :) I understand that morons exist out there that can't do the most basic of tasks.

But it also works the other way too. Say I'm a guy at home who already knows the basics, and has already tried the normal basic routine of rebooting "whatever" (computer, cable modem, TIVO, my PDA phone, the dishwasher, etc.) and I explain that to Level One support dude on the phone and he/she still insists on making me jump through the hoops before passing me to the next level, then I'm bound to get a little miffed. :frus: I've even had to TELL the support people things that they didn't even know about the product that they supposedly are there to be experts about. Point being, I shouldn't be smarter than the tech support that I'm calling. My favorite question is "are you sure everything is plugged in?" I want to reach through the phone and throttle them! This is after I've already explained that I've done MSCONFIG or CMD/RUN/IPCONFIG or hit the reset button the back or whatever. Argh! :whip:

LOL, can you even reboot a dishwasher, mine just keeps getting boot marks on it.:D

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 05:34 PM
NB: there is a proper name for the condition of numerical dyslexia. I've just never seen it written anywhere so don't know how to spell it. it's something like dyscalculaeic but I may have too many vowels in there.Close, it's dyscalculia. We're pretty sure my dad has it.

stillakid
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
Close, it's dyscalculia. We're pretty sure my dad has it.

You beat me to it! My wife teaches at Westmark in Encino, a school for dyslexia, so she knew the answer right away. I didn't have a chance to post....

Jargo
03-01-2006, 06:40 PM
YAY! the correct spelling at last.

So would I say I'm dyscalculiac or dyscalculiasome or dyscalculiacly non normal or "I am Dyscalculia - fear my confusion of DOOOOOOM!"?

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 07:47 PM
YAY! the correct spelling at last.

So would I say I'm dyscalculiac or dyscalculiasome or dyscalculiacly non normal or "I am Dyscalculia - fear my confusion of DOOOOOOM!"?
Sounds like he's the black sheep brother of Sesame Street's "The Count".

I have found that it's "dyscalculic" but there's no dictionary defiition for that nor any variation of it, and the definition for dyscalculia makes no reference to describing a person suffering from it.

Jargo
03-01-2006, 08:02 PM
Only time I've ever heard it aid was on the radio and I'm pretty sure she said dyscalculaic. Maybe there's an American english version and a UK English variation. wouldn't be the first time vowels and consonents have gone missing or been added.

I'll be off to do some proper research now, I'm truly intrigued.

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 08:08 PM
On Google, there are 100 references to dyscalculaic and 11,000 references to dyscalculic (and 42 to dyscalculiac :p), the refs to dyscalculic are Harvard and medical sites and the 2nd reference is on a UK site: http://www.dyscalculia.me.uk/Assessment.htm

and http://www.dyscalculia.org/ (who I found the link to from that previous site) only seems to have "dyscalculic" in their search.

Think of it this way, you don't say "dyslexiac", you say "dyslexic".

stillakid
03-01-2006, 08:22 PM
http://www.dyscalculia.org/#Dyscalculia

Dyscalculia is a term meaning "specific learning disability in mathematics." People who suffer with a poor memory for all things mathematical have many other symptoms and characteristics. Taken as a whole, these coexisting conditions comprise what this author terms "the dyscalculia syndrome."

Originating with the author's personal experiences with mathematics, a list of relevant characteristics was published on the Internet in February 1997. Since then, some 4,895 people from around the globe have responded via e-mail, phone, and post to corroborate, share similar experiences, and get advice in coping with the disorder.

Respondents range from high school students to doctors and university administrators. Most are looking for definitions, causes, and protocols for diagnosis and treatment. School administrators seek procedural advice from a legal standpoint. Parents search for advice on school issues, tutoring, testing, and college. Students want survival skills, relief from troubling math failure, and concessions from instructors and institutions. Many adults, even after achieving success in other areas of their lives, seek remedial and coping strategies to overcome this baffling and frustrating condition. Almost all dyscalculics seek vindication of their intelligence, and illumination and understanding of their secret disability.

This paper aims to answer all these questions and achieve all of these ends. It will take the reader from darkness to enlightenment. It will leave readers empowered with a full understanding of the complete scope of issues surrounding dyscalculia, and adequately armed with a repertoire of resources for combating the effects of the dyscalculia syndrome.

DYSCALCULIA SYNDROME

Below is the list of symptoms that sparked this author's original research.

Inconsistent computation results in addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Poor mental math ability. May have fear of money and cash transactions. May be unable to mentally figure change due back, the amounts for tips, taxes, surcharges, and discounts.
Poor with money and credit. Checkbooks are unbalanced and disordered, overdrafts may be common. Fails to see how small amounts add up, and how interest compounds. May be unable to grasp the concepts of compounding interest, yield, credit, debit, discounting, and other terminology from the financial world.
Short term, not long term, financial thinking. Does not succeed with financial planning or budgeting. Fails to see big financial picture. Prone to credit over-extension, poor financial decision making, and debt.
When writing, reading and recalling numbers, these common mistakes are made: number additions, substitutions, transpositions, omissions, and reversals. Is almost always unaware of these mistakes. Similar mistakes with letters are rare.
Poor math memory. Inability to grasp and remember math concepts, rules, formulas, sequences (order of operations), and basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts.
Poor long-term memory (retention & retrieval) of math concept mastery. May be able to perform math operations one day, but draw a blank the next! May be able to do book work but fails all tests and quizzes.

May have difficulty grasping concepts of formal music education. Difficulty sight-reading music, learning fingering to play an instrument, and so on.
May be unable to comprehend or "picture" mechanical processes. Lacks "big picture/ whole picture" thinking. Poor ability to "visualize or picture" the location of the numbers on the face of a clock, the geographical locations of states, countries, oceans, streets, etc.
Poor memory for the "layout" of things. Gets lost or disoriented easily. May have a poor sense of direction, lose things often, and seem absent minded. (Remember the absent minded professor?) May experience anxiety when forced to navigate under time pressures, like when changing classes, during swim meets, playing football, basketball, or baseball.
Experiences directional confusion. Has difficulty discriminating left from right, and north, south, east, and west. Has poor memory for remembering learned navigational concepts: starboard and port, longitude and latitude, horizontal and vertical, and so on.
Despite good muscle tone and strength, may have only good to fair athletic coordination. Has difficulty keeping up with rapidly changing physical directions like in aerobic, dance, and exercise classes. Difficulty remembering the physical sequences required for routines, karate moves, dance steps, and "sports plays." Has difficulty remembering the rules for playing sporting games, remembering the order of play, and understanding technicalities. Is quickly "lost" when observing fast action games, like football, baseball, and basketball. As a result, may avoid physical activities and physical games.

Difficulty keeping score during games, or difficulty remembering how to keep score in games, like bowling, etc. Often loses track of whose turn it is during games, like cards and board games. Limited strategic planning ability for games, like chess.
Normal or accelerated language acquisition: verbal, reading, and writing. Poetic ability. Good visual memory for the printed word. Good in the areas of science (until a level requiring higher math skills is reached), geometry (figures with logic not formulas), and creative arts.
Difficulty with time management. Inability to recall schedules, and sequences of past or future events. Unable to keep track of time. May be chronically late. May be unable to memorize sequences of historical facts and dates. Historical timelines are vague.
Mistaken recollection of names. Poor name/face retrieval. Substitution of names beginning with the same letter (Newman 1985a).
Tendency to personalize statistics, odds and probabilities due to a lack of appreciation or true understanding of common large numbers relative to a situation (Paulos 1988, 7-8).
Tendency to drastically underestimate the frequency of coincidences. Tendency to attribute "great significance to correspondences of all sorts, while attributing too little significance to quite conclusive but less flashy statistical evidence (Paulos 1988, 26)".

As is typical in the dyscalculia syndrome, students are usually gifted in most other academic areas. They may be in Honors classes, achieve excellent grades, and be tenacious learners. Math, however, confounds them, because it defies their learning history. They can read, understand, work the problems, but instead of remembering and mastering the material, it is mysteriously forgotten- sometimes an hour later!

The typical response to this phenomenon is to try harder. This time, students apply all of the strategies used for success in other classes to the mathematics task. But success is temporary. The student willingly exerts extraordinary effort and invests unprecedented amounts of time, yet success eludes them!

At this point, the student becomes frustrated by seemingly insurmountable obstacles. But she is further aggravated by the fact that she cannot identify and define the obstacles to her achievement. Because her reading comprehension is excellent, a thorough rereading of the mathematics text should provide sufficient clarification. But it does not.

Now the student seeks help from others. Encounters with peer helpers seem a waste of time. The student is unable to follow explanations out of context. The same opinion follows tutoring sessions, and isolated encounters with the instructor. The student begins to tear up during these sessions, desperately aware that precious time is being expended without profit. She is falling farther and farther behind, and despondency begins to set in as the prospects for catching up become bleaker.

The student becomes anxious. This oddball math class stands at the gate of her goals, wielding its wicked sword. It threatens her entry to the world of an excellent grade point average, placement on the dean's list, academic honors and college scholarships.

It threatens to slam the door on her occupational dreams. It wields the potential to decapitate her aspirations to be the president, a doctor, or an engineer. It dares her entry, chides her intelligence. And her every attempt to disarm it has been in vain.

But she refuses to give up. After all, everything else has been so easy! Surely there is a trick to be learned here, a study strategy, a new discipline. She knows she is very intelligent, and she refuses to be beaten by one class. So she dries her tears and attempts the class again, this time aware of the effort required and the limits of her memory. She is determined not to fall behind, but to do whatever it takes to be on top of the material.

Unfortunately, despite her lifelong difficulty in learning math concepts, no one has ever taken her aside and tested her for a specific learning disability in mathematics. Because she is so brilliant in everything else, her math difficulty is thought to be a transient fluke. Surely this smart girl will grow out of it. And it is believed that even if she does not, her far reaching academic talents will prevail, cushioning her from any life-long effects of math failure.

But they are seriously mistaken. Her lop-sided academic achievement will preclude her from pursuing 50% of all career choices and areas of study. She will approach university study eyeing only programs and majors with minimum or nonexistent math requirements. As a result, she will be disqualified from high-paying technical fields where employment opportunities abound.

Jargo
03-01-2006, 08:29 PM
I just checked the Oxford University press, publisher of the largest dictionary of the english language in existense. and they have no entry for any of those. It's obviously such a new word no-one has decided on the correct spelling. Dyscalculia is correct but there are no other entries for adjective etc.

I've just been reading that second site you linked to and have to say I answered yes to nigh on all the symptoms listed. without even thinking in grey area terms it was just a straight yes or no all the way down. And it's interesting how much dyscalculia affects your life without you even knowing it. Crazy stuff.
strangley i'm feeling a little bit of closure here. not total closure. but a little.

However am i alone in thinking near the end of that piece stillakid posted it was feeling like the author was getting just a little personal and emotional?

and one other thing. i'm really really crap at card games. I learned not to play poker when i was but a boy......

stillakid
03-01-2006, 08:31 PM
http://www.webmd.com/search/search_results/default.aspx?query=dyscalculia&sourceType=all

Search Results: We're sorry, your search for "dyscalculia" did not match any documents.

"dyscalculia" is a medical term, but there are no documents available for this term on WebMD

Kidhuman
03-02-2006, 10:35 PM
This just in:

Customer calls in and starts b**ching about her tech not showing up today.

I tell her she canceled the work order last night.

She says Oh and hung up.

Turbowars
03-03-2006, 12:16 AM
This just in:

Customer calls in and starts b**ching about her tech not showing up today.

I tell her she canceled the work order last night.

She says Oh and hung up.That is Awesome. I love people!:hurt:

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-03-2006, 08:33 AM
Customer: The pizza I just got was disgusting, I want a new one.

Me: We will gladly give you a new one if you are not satisfied with the one you got. Please bring back the old one so we can determine if it was our error.

Customer: No.

Me: Well if you dont we arent going to give you a new one.

Customer: I was just in there an hour ago.

Me: The policy still applies.

Customer: Well......I cant, so youll just have to give me a new one.

Me: Why cant you?

Customer: Its garbage day....... and I just threw it in the trash.........
and the garbage man just picked it up.......

Me: Nice try, have a great day.

Its amazing how many scumbags will try and scam for free pizza. One lady said her sisters house burned down and they were looking for donations. When the lady whos supposed house burned down came in to collect, we found out it was one of the other employees neighbors whose home is quite un-burned......

JEDIpartner
03-03-2006, 11:24 AM
That's the other thing!!! People who want everything for free and scam for it. I wanna take a pan to their heads and beat them senseless!!!

bobafrett
03-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Being in the pizza delivery business, I had a co-worker from the Y.M.C.A. order a pizza, which I delivered to him. I brought it straight to him, and when I pulled it out of the bag the pizza was steaming. I made a comment on how hot the pizza was, and he agreed. I drive the 5 minutes back to the shop, and when I get there they tell me, "The guy at the Y just called, and said his pizza was cold". I had to deliver another pizza to this guy, and I was not happy. Later on it turns out, he ordered the second, and FREE" pizza for some girls who were skating. When I found this out, I confronted him about it in the locker room, and I let him have it. I was screaming so loud, I had guys coming out of the steam room (at the other end of the locker room)asking if everything was all right. Later on this guy came to work at Wal-Mart, and I reminded him from time to time about his little stupid act.

UKWildcat
03-03-2006, 11:14 PM
Later on this guy came to work at Wal-Mart, and I reminded him from time to time about his little stupid act.

Hopefully you reminded him by taking him into the stock room and beating the $#!+ out of him! lol

But really... some people are unbelievable and will do anything for a freebie. It's kinda pathetic.

Kidhuman
03-03-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey JP, what i have on my desk is a little piece of paper hanging there with the words:

Their stupidity is our job security. It helps get me through the day. Might wanna try that one.

2-1B
03-03-2006, 11:53 PM
Was the guy naked in the locker room ?

El Chuxter
03-04-2006, 12:04 AM
No, but KH was.

bobafrett
03-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Was the guy naked in the locker room ?

No. He was sitting in the "lounge" watching TV. Thank God.

JEDIpartner
08-30-2006, 12:58 PM
See the "Two Stupid Women" thread... :thumbsup:

Mad Slanted Powers
08-31-2006, 08:04 PM
Close, it's dyscalculia. We're pretty sure my dad has it.I have a book written by mathematician John Allen Paulos called Innumeracy: Mathematical Illiteracy and its Consequences. So, while dyscalculia is numerical dyslexia, innumeracy is the more general mathematical illiteracy. I bought the book years ago when I was in college, but I don't recall if I read the whole thing. Here is an excerpt from the introduction:

Innumeracy, an inablility to deal comfortably with the fundamental notions of number and chance, plauges far too many otherwise knowledgeable citizens. The same people who cringe when words such as "imply" and "infer" are confused react without a trace of embarrassment to even the most egregious of numerical solecisms. I remember once listening to someone at a party drone on about the difference between "continually" and "continuously." Later that evening we were watching the news, and the TV weathercaster announced that there was a 50 percent chance of rain for Saturday and a 50 percent chance for Sunday, and concluded that there was therefore a 100 percent chance of rain that weekend. The remark went right by the self-styled grammarian, and even after I explained the mistake to him, he wasn't nearly as indignant as he would have been had the weathercaster left a dangling participle. In fact, unlike other failings which are hidden, mathematical illiteracy is often flaunted: "I can't even balance my checkbook." "I'm a people person, not a numbers person." Or "I always hated math."

Here is the book on http://www.amazon.com/Innumeracy-Mathematical-Illiteracy-Consequences-Vintage/dp/0679726012/sr=8-9/qid=1157071301/ref=pd_bbs_9/103-4493966-2458219?ie=UTF8&s=books

Phantom-like Menace
09-04-2006, 01:07 AM
I've come to the conclusion that the notion that "the customer is always right," is a quaint expression that should be in history books, not on the lips of every single customer who engages in a transaction with a business. The customer hasn't "always been right," since personal responsibility, manners, and decency took a hike in our modern society.

I hear all the claims that business is out to screw the little guy and that businesses have no accountability. That's just nonsense. There are umpteen million Better Business Bureau analogs monitoring every little complaint brought against businesses. Meanwhile, the average customer can do anything short of performing rituals of human sacrifice inside the business and at best will be asked to leave the premises. Even then our would be pagan would call some governing body to slap the business on the wrist. Who has no accountability? Please! Tell me how many times you've seen a customer in some poor kid's face simply because he or she can scream at them for a solid hour with no repercussions, then compare that number to the number of times you've seen employees doing that same to a customer. Hell, compare that number to the number of times you've seen the employee even make a smartass comment.

As far as the notion about the customer being infallible, that whole notion is selfish on the part of businesses. The idea is that you want to beat the other business, so your business is going to put up with more crap. Business should truly band together and make the statement that the customer is not always right. That's right, if Mr Johnson doesn't like going into Wal-Mart, Wal-Mart will just have to rely on the thousands or millions of other people in the city. Mr. Johnson can go into Target. If Target proves they're not putting up with his crap either, he can go to K Mart. Once K Mart proves they too are part of the solid front, Mr. Johnson likely has nowhere else to go. Then if Mr. Johnson likes, he can go back into Wal-Mart, Target, or K Mart and then they can negotiate what is the proper way for Mr. Johnson to conduct himself in their businesses.

It's been my experience that ninety out of one hundred complaints made are made because the customer doesn't like company policy. Why would any company want to keep customers who want to violate that policy? Simple answer: they shouldn't. (Plus, policy complaints should go to corporate, not some random employee who has no say in the matter.) Of the ten remaining complaints, four or five are simply customers attempting to swindle the company. Why would any company want to keep customers who want to swindle them? Simple answer: they shouldn't. At least three of the remaining customers are just crazy and making groundless insanity a fun part of the customers service rep's day. Why would any company want to keep customers who should be committed? Simple answer: they shouldn't.

Of the two or more remaining customers, we finally have legitimate complaints. Most of these legitimate complaints are honest mistakes on behalf of the company and will usually be resolved with corrective action and an apology, which is rather often thrown back in our faces as being inexcusable. A surprisingly small number of all complaints actually involves an employee intentionally committing an offense toward a customer with no provocation (Yes, if I've tried dealing with your problem in earnest for whatever period of time you wish to berate me and I finally decide to go for a modest pound of flesh, I'm not going to pretend you didn't ask for it.).

Now, I imagine anyone refuting what I've mentioned might bring up laziness, and even I will admit the numbers above ignore good, old-fashioned laziness (and it's not like I brought up the laziness of customers, so I'm giving both sides a pass on that), but I think you'd be surprised how many "lazy employees" are just following company policy. You might think Bob is lazy for not going into the back room, but if Bob's company won't let him go into the back room, then that's policy. You might think Jane is lazy because she won't leave the front desk and bring you towels, but if she is not allowed to leave the front desk, then that's policy.

So, yeah, the customer is not always right because the customer doesn't accept the fact that he or she is sometimes wrong. It's contradictory but there you have it.

I'll also admit I say "nine out of ten" and the like in the same way I would say I've done something "a million times," so the above numbers are arbitrary, but I will still say the vast majority of complaints are about policy, the second or third lagest number are attempts to swindle the company or simply customers making groundless claims, and that the smallest number of complaints are legitimate. I will also still say that of legitimate complaints, the majority of those are simple mistakes on the part of the company, and a very small minority are cases where an employee has legitimately attempted to offend.

Mad Slanted Powers
09-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Perhaps more companies should put the following sign at the customer service desk: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO STUPID PEOPLE. Of course, most people won't consider themselves stupid, or would find that offensive if they felt they were being called stupid. Then the ACLU would sue claiming discrimination against Idiot-Americans. So, perhaps this sign would be better: WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE WHENEVER WE FEEL LIKE IT.

shammykenobi
09-04-2006, 09:29 AM
I used to own a Dollar store...you know one of those stores where everything is 99 cents or less...anyway, people used to come in all the time and ask how much something was...happened at least 4 or 5 times a day, everyday.

Darth Cruel
09-04-2006, 12:35 PM
True. Like I would ridicule you for misspelling "lose" in that quote above. I can assume that it was an inadvertent typographical error. Or perhaps you were making a play on words wherein you juxtapose the connotative meaning of "loose" (meaning sexual permissive) with the word "moral" which clearly is an antagonistic relationship. Or perhaps you really don't know how to spell "lose" correctly, in which case one might make an argument for ridicule.

But then again, we'd have to research exactly why you misspelled the word. Perhaps you never learned it properly. In that case, do we blame the educational system for letting you advance without properly teaching you and ridicule them? Do we blame you for not allowing yourself to be taught? Do we blame you for not pulling out a dictionary and checking to see which one to use or do we assume that maybe you just never knew to ask the question regarding the difference between "lose" and "loose"?

So, I agree that knee-jerk reactionary ridicule isn't always the best avenue for resolving an issue. However, when somebody can't do basic math (as in the first example in the thread), there is no room for interpretation and proper lambasting is in order.:whip:

You over-analyzed it. It was nothing more than an inadvertant double-tap on the "o" key.

Mad Slanted Powers
03-13-2007, 01:22 AM
So, here's something that happened at work last week. Someone short-paid their order by $2.20 due to the postage. So, the customer was contacted and told he owed $2.20 in postage. So, he sent us $2.20 in stamps. I'm not sure how it was worded when the customer was contacted, but still, stamps as a form of payment?

Kidhuman
03-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Stamps ae a form of payment in West Niagra of the Great Antillies Islands in the Artcic Ocean

pegger
03-13-2007, 05:40 PM
So, here's something that happened at work last week. Someone short-paid their order by $2.20 due to the postage. So, the customer was contacted and told he owed $2.20 in postage. So, he sent us $2.20 in stamps. I'm not sure how it was worded when the customer was contacted, but still, stamps as a form of payment?

That's actually pretty funny. The customer is either stupid, or very very witty....

Given the state of the world, I'd go for the former, rather than the latter....

Rebo's_Guitarist
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
There is an older fellow up around these parts that I just saw on the news. He was sick of the increase in price on one of his utility bills so he started to pay them all in pennies. They showed hime loading cases of pennies in his truck to bring to pay off his bill. Grumpy old man.....

Mad Slanted Powers
03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
There's been a rash of copper theft around here. If you have a large stash of old pennies, you might be a target for a copper thief.