PDA

View Full Version : Saga C-3PO

WesleySr
02-27-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't know if anyone had mentioned this before, so I thought that I would bring it up. I found this figure today with both packaging variations. Being a loose collector though, I really did not care. However, I am still missing a couple of holos, so I decided to see what they had with them. The C-3PO with the C-3PO head attached, came with Queen Amidala. However, the C-3PO with the Battle Droid head attached came with Darth Vader. I can only assume that each packaging variation comes with Dark/Light holos, depending upon which head is attached to the body. Good luck to all of you variation hunters.

Slicker
02-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Yeah, that's how it is. I picked up both variations when I saw them and it's actually a decent variation for once.

bobafrett
02-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Pictures please? I don't even know what you are talking about. Is this a deluxe figure?

Slicker
02-27-2006, 11:36 PM
Pictures please? I don't even know what you are talking about. Is this a deluxe figure?Here ya go Frett.

Comparison (http://www.potf2.com/potj/images/archive/newsaga/new_saga_3po_compare.jpg)

bobafrett
02-27-2006, 11:43 PM
Here ya go Frett.

Comparison (http://www.potf2.com/potj/images/archive/newsaga/new_saga_3po_compare.jpg)

Slick, you the MAN!!!!!! Thanks buddy! Great, there goes another $12 for a stupid variation. Hasbro, bite me! :whip:

Slicker
02-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Slick, you the MAN!!!!!! Thanks buddy! Great, there goes another $12 for a stupid variation. Hasbro, bite me! :whip:Don't feel bad. They already got me for it and I'm not even a variation hunter. I just happened to see 'em both on the pegs and thought it was neat (I had known about it before hand) and bought them both for the heck of it.

The version with the 3PO head has light side holos while the version with the BD head has dark side holos.

Count Kooku
02-28-2006, 01:09 AM
I just recently found this web site about a week ago and I am very glad I did. You all seem to know your stuff. I have been a SW fan for ever, but just recently started collecting figures with my 4 yr. old son. All of your info. is very helpful. I haven't been able to find alot of the Saga figures, but I did manage to find a Vader, snowtrooper, and both C3P0 variants at my local Walmart. I look forward to chatting with you all from now on.

Slicker
02-28-2006, 01:31 AM
I just recently found this web site about a week ago and I am very glad I did. You all seem to know your stuff. I have been a SW fan for ever, but just recently started collecting figures with my 4 yr. old son. All of your info. is very helpful. I haven't been able to find alot of the Saga figures, but I did manage to find a Vader, snowtrooper, and both C3P0 variants at my local Walmart. I look forward to chatting with you all from now on.Welcome aboard. Don't be one of those creepy lurkers, post and make yourself heard.:D

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the boards Kooku, enjoy and have fun.

I thought it was odd that my 3PO w/ BD head has Dooku in it. I thought it might be an error, but all the other had baddies in it. I didnt get the regular version of it, to many 3PO's at this point.

JEDIpartner
02-28-2006, 07:59 AM
Thank "God" I'm a ripper! No variations for me!!! :thumbsup:

WesleySr
03-02-2006, 10:59 AM
Thank "God" I'm a ripper! No variations for me!!! :thumbsup:

It's a sickness, thank God I got cured. I can't imagine how much money variation hunters are gonna spend this year. Escpecially if they try to get each figure with all 6 different holos (or 12 in C-3PO's case).

Darth Cruel
03-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Welcome aboard Count Kooku! Looking forward to the added input from a fresh perspective!

It's a sickness, thank God I got cured. I can't imagine how much money variation hunters are gonna spend this year. Escpecially if they try to get each figure with all 6 different holos (or 12 in C-3PO's case).

For those of us who collect these variations. Keep in mind the we have to get 12 each of the Vaders, Boba Fetts, and Utapauan Clones (and any other package variation that comes up) as well. Even if the variations don't have the good and evil holograms, I still have to get each package variation with each of the 6 holograms. My neurosis is growing.

WesleySr
03-02-2006, 11:56 AM
For those of us who collect these variations. Keep in mind the we have to get 12 each of the Vaders, Boba Fetts, and Utapauan Clones (and any other package variation that comes up) as well. Even if the variations don't have the good and evil holograms, I still have to get each package variation with each of the 6 holograms. My neurosis is growing.

I used to be the same way, you should see how many R5-D4's that I have that I can't get rid of. I have a HUGE collection of carded variations from POTF2 in some rubbermaid containers that I can't give away.

governortarkin
03-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Wesley:

pm or email me a list. I may be interested in a few of those.

Darth Cruel
03-06-2006, 04:27 PM
I used to be the same way, you should see how many R5-D4's that I have that I can't get rid of. I have a HUGE collection of carded variations from POTF2 in some rubbermaid containers that I can't give away.

Yeah, I have 7 Yodas between the POTF2 red and green cards. .00 photo, .01 photo, .01 holograph sticker...etc, etc...

I don't remember for sure which cards had the photos AND the holos, but you get the point. I can trace about 90% of the card changes for each sculpt all the way to it's first release. And I am actively hunting the gaps that I have. I will not rest until I can trace every card change of every character back to the gate.

My wife has warned me about teaching my children to be as thorough as I am.

dindae
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
I can see where this would be an interesting variantion for a carded only collector. I remember the OTC Luke dagobah was cool when I was a carded collectors. It gives the opportunity for both version of the figure to be seen in their full glory. However the variants like Vader just seem like Hasbro ripping off the incurable variant hunters like Darth Cruel. I stopped partly due to money and partly due to space. I still pick up every figure with a few rare exception but now it doesn't bother me when they rerelease the Commtech Han or equivalent.