PDA

View Full Version : Thank You for the Toys R Us Double Packs

Phantom-like Menace
02-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Specifically, thank you for the packs last year that had the AT-TE Tank Gunner, and thank you for the packs this year that have the Tactical Ops Troopers. These packs have been the only way I've been able to get these two hard to find figures.

jedi master sal
02-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Specifically, thank you for the packs last year that had the AT-TE Tank Gunner, and thank you for the packs this year that have the Tactical Ops Troopers. These packs have been the only way I've been able to get these two hard to find figures.

Hmm, I need to find that two-pack.

And yes, thanks Hasbro. That's a good idea. All clone packs would be SO much better. You could easily pack cases of them and keep regular cases for other figs.

MOVIE accurate clones WILL sell!

Slicker
02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
I've heard of many a person getting there 501st in these 2 packs. The sucky part is that you get stuck with another figure that you probably don't want. I saw one guy bought 5 of these 2 packs for the 501st and 4 of them had Tarkin.

JediTricks
02-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm not going to give them any props, the reason these things exist in the first place is due to poor case assortments in the basic line, if they had a better idea of what did and did not sell, they could have kept the basic line alive longer and not needed to discount their leftovers this way.

Blue2th
02-28-2006, 05:59 PM
I was able to get 4 of these. At least I got 4 Jedi with them. Now if only they would release another 2 pk. with the Shock Trooper and this time put some characters from the last 2 ROTS waves.

Phantom-like Menace
02-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I'm not going to give them any props, the reason these things exist in the first place is due to poor case assortments in the basic line, if they had a better idea of what did and did not sell, they could have kept the basic line alive longer and not needed to discount their leftovers this way.

Well, I really can't say I can argue against that. I am however still both pleased and grateful that they are doing anything about it. I'm doubly pleased that this helps TRU.

I managed to get two different figures, Shaak Ti and Preggers Padme in the two packs I purchased. Though I already had a Shaak Ti, I originally passed on Padme. It was a very successful toy run, though. All told I got two Tac Ops Troops, an Utapau clone and Sora Bulq. Commander Scorch was (of course) no where to be found. Note to Hasbro: Send more Scorches!

Kidhuman
02-28-2006, 11:43 PM
I dont have a TRU here so bump them. If anyone sees one with the holo Jedi LMK.

JetsAndHeels
03-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Unfortunately the TRU's near here are closed down. I tried to hit one on Monday but they are cleared out of merchandise.

JediTricks
03-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Well, I really can't say I can argue against that. I am however still both pleased and grateful that they are doing anything about it. I'm doubly pleased that this helps TRU. You have a point, TRU getting them is good, at least they're making the best of a bad situation, but it still bugs me that the situation is Hasbro's fault to begin with.

Slicker
03-01-2006, 06:21 PM
Yeah, I always thought these 2 packs were a way to get rid of over stock. Now if I recall correctly EVERYONE wanted a 501st but no one could find one. So that means that somewhere in a Hasbro warehouse there were thousands of these bad boys just chillin' while collectors were paying $20-$30 apiece for them on eBay.

Sith Lord 0498
03-01-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I always thought these 2 packs were a way to get rid of over stock. Now if I recall correctly EVERYONE wanted a 501st but no one could find one. So that means that somewhere in a Hasbro warehouse there were thousands of these bad boys just chillin' while collectors were paying $20-$30 apiece for them on eBay.

I think they were overstocked figures. Think about what's been showing up in the majority of these 2 packs:

Tarkin
Meena Tills
Ask Aak
Tactical Ops Trooper
Wookiee Heavy Gunner

The first three were from that tiny wave wedged in the middle of the ROTS line, and many stores passed over on that wave because of a high volume from the previous two waves. The last two were from the tail end final ROTS wave, and most stores were already phasing into the Saga Collection (therefore leaving that wave largely unordered).

I'm the not the least bit surprised these particular figures finally resurfaced in this format.

trowa_195
03-01-2006, 11:00 PM
The only two packs I found had been ripped open and the 501st figures were taken out and replaced by other peg warmers. Its too bad that these were not sealed good enough to prevent the price gouging comic book guys that are now selling them for over $20 a peice. I really think that Hasbro should concentrate on direct sales on their website more, they would notice better sales if we could all find what we want instead of scalpers buying all of the good figures and keeping them for ransom.

JediTricks
03-02-2006, 05:18 PM
All the 2packs I've seen had no 501st figs, they were like Tarkin w/ Ask Aak and other combos that were less related (those 2 guys shipped in the same case originally) but nothing substantial.

Fwad
03-07-2006, 12:30 PM
They also packed 2 501st figures together in some of these packs. I have seen 3 like this so far. I love these value packs. I got some of the figures that i missed before like Padme and Ask Ask.

jedi master sal
03-09-2006, 01:50 PM
They also packed 2 501st figures together in some of these packs. I have seen 3 like this so far. I love these value packs. I got some of the figures that i missed before like Padme and Ask Ask.

You're extremely lucky then. I've not heard of anyone finding this combination anywhere.

I WISH I could find these in any combo, but to have two together would be over the top.

Any pictures of this?